[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's your rotation to start the season?
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

9/30/2014  11:15 AM
C.brags,cole,Sammy
Pf.amare,smith,brags
Sf.melo,shump,early
Sg. Jr,Timmy,acey?
Pg. Jose,Larkin,prigs

Rotation with Timmy the 6 th,7th smith,8th shump, 9th cole,10th Larkin

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/30/2014  11:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  11:40 AM
It's gonna be tough on Fish. We don't really have a lot of scrubs who can't play. Someone is gonna be unhappy with not getting any PT. I'd start Jason over Dalembert. I just think he fits better and gives them more flexibility.

Things get tough once you get past the top 9 guys. I'd rather play the kids Larkin and Early. Maybe find a way to get Acy in the mix on occasion. IDK man it's gonna be tough for some guys to find consistent minutes unless we blow teams out which is a possibility this year. I think this team is gonna be a top offensive team that gives teams a lot of trouble to defend. We've seen this team when it's clicking offensively and as constructed this is a very potent team with an offense that should make it hard to defend.

Player Pos Desc Height Weight DOB Age

Jose Calderon PG Point Guard 6'3' 200 lbs 9/28/1981 33
J.R. Smith SG Shooting Guard 6'6' 220 lbs 9/9/1985 29
Carmelo Anthony SF Small Forward 6'8' 240 lbs 5/29/1984 30
Amare Stoudemire PF Power Forward 6'11' 245 lbs 11/16/1982 31
Jason Smith C Center 7'0' 240 lbs 3/2/1986 28

Pablo Prigioni PG Point Guard 6'3' 185 lbs 5/17/1977 37
Tim Hardaway Jr. SG Shooting Guard 6'6' 205 lbs 3/16/1992 22
Iman Shumpert SF Small Forward 6'5' 220 lbs 6/26/1990 24
Andrea Bargnani PF Power Forward 7'0' 250 lbs 10/26/1985 28

Shane Larkin PG Point Guard 5'11' 176 lbs 10/2/1992 21
Cleanthony Early SF Small Forward 6'8' 219 lbs 4/17/1991 23

Samuel Dalembert C Center 6'11' 250 lbs 5/10/1981 33
Quincy Acy SF Small Forward 6'7' 233 lbs 10/6/1990 23
Cole Aldrich C Center 6'11' 245 lbs 10/31/1988 25
Travis Outlaw SF Small Forward 6'9' 207 lbs 9/18/1984 30

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

9/30/2014  2:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  4:12 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing this:

Starting 5 -

5 - Aldrich
4 - STAT
3 - Melo
2 - Shumpert
1 - Calderon
--------------------
Jason Smith/Bargnani
Bargnani/Acy
Early/Acy/THJ
JR Smith/THJ
Larkin
--------------------
Outside looking in/IR: Dalembert, Prigioni, Outlaw
--------------------
Langston Galloway

Aldrich adds very good balance to the starting unit. The man gobbles up rebounds and protects the rim...and he's good at it. STAT and Melo can play together (baloney whoever said they can't); they should still be allowed to headline the attack. STAT's worked hard to come back from injuries and improve his game. He and Melo provide a top 1-2 offensive combination (go with it and don't look back no matter what the detractors say---it works), Shump and Aldrich provide good defense on the wing and around the rim respectively, Aldrich improves rebounding at the start and throughout the game (this guy's gotta play) and Calderon should get everyone the ball in the right place (looking for an upgrade over Felton here) while also spreading the floor with his above-average 3-pt shooting. Shumpert starting gives Fisher a top defender to immediately put on another teams' best player anywhere from 1-3. Preventing opposing teams' best players from getting off at the start sets a good tone.

Jason Smith and Bargnani would be my 2 bigs off the bench. Both provide nice pick and pop offense & mid-range jump-shooting with Smith giving even more on the glass while also providing a shot-blocking element. Acy's tough and a nice underrated player. Hustles, rebounds, defends, provides excellent toughness and if he sees enough time, I think he'll surprise offensively. Could be another Anthony Mason type with even more offensive potential. I see some Xavier McDaniel here as well. I think this guy needs to play..I'd like to see Early get time right off the bat. Show immediate conviction with the pick--the quicker we develop this guy, the quicker we are to finding out if we got another Kawhi Leonard on our hands--although truth be told, Quincy Acy might wind up becoming the better overall player. I always thought of Acy as a 4 man but I'm interested to see how versatile he is and if he can give us mins. at the 3 as well...I like THJ but not as much as others on this forum. Out of Shump, Smith and THJ--I like Shump starting and providing immediate defense to balance the starting 5 (along with his solid 3-pt shooting and hopefully improved all-around offense), JR Smith off the bench in the 6th man role as an ignitor and then some THJ as needed. I wanna see this kid continue to develop also but at the same time I just feel Shumpert and Smith are the superior players. I just don't know if I see a big-time player here with Timmy. And finally, Larkin needs to be the full-time backup point. He provides great counterbalance to what Calderon brings (Prigioni brings too much of the same thing) -- I'd like to see a completely different look with Shane Larkin. Let this kid enter the game, push the ball, break guys down off the dribble, get in the paint and set up our bigs with easy point blank shots, provide ballhawk defense on opposing points and give us even more offensively that what Calderon's capable of doing. Perfect guy to come in and immediately disrupt the opposition & change the pace. A guy with these intangibles has to play, bottom line...Fisher coached him up close in Vegas -- I think he knows what he can bring to the table.

Out of the camp invitees, the one guy that intrigues me the most: Langston Galloway. A few of us spent some time talking about possibly acquiring Ian Clark from Utah in exchange for Prigioni. I think Galloway is very similar to Clark -- a 6'2"-ish guard that's not a pure point but one hell of an outside shooter. There won't be a spot for this kid on the big club right away but hopefully we keep him around and develop him further at Westchester. Interested to see how he develops and if he can play some PG eventually. His shooting definitely looks NBA-ready -- it's a skill that works well in the triangle system. Nice little find by the Knicks here.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/30/2014  2:31 PM
It seems obvious that we need to start eliminating some guys from contention. Prigs is a fav of mine but he's old as dirt and really doesn't need to play. I'm sure he'll get minutes to start the year but i'd like to see him eventually replaced by Larkin.

Outlaw has had his chance in the league. No way I want to see him ahead of Early or Acy. We already know what Outlaw is and we need to find out what we have in Early and Acy.

I agree that Cole is more meaningful than Dalembert at this point in his career. I don't know how that will get handled but I get the feeling they trust Dalembert more at this point. He's older but he was still effective and has experience. Cole may have to wait just a bit longer.

Really this is hard to judge cuz we have no experience with Fish and what he likes or dislikes. Maybe he'll go against the convention and play guys not because of their salary or name recognition but how they actually fit and perform.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/1/2014  11:52 AM
I agree cole is the best option to start. He's our best shot blocker rebounder and he seems to be fundamentally sound... I think with big minutes he could be a 10 PTS 12 Rebs 2 block player for us. I just hope he gets a shot with fisher... But thjr is a up and coming star ... I'd eventually like to see him starting and jr back in his 6th man role or traded..
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/1/2014  1:34 PM
Finestrg wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing this:

Starting 5 -

5 - Aldrich
4 - STAT
3 - Melo
2 - Shumpert
1 - Calderon
--------------------
Jason Smith/Bargnani
Bargnani/Acy
Early/Acy/THJ
JR Smith/THJ
Larkin
--------------------
Outside looking in/IR: Dalembert, Prigioni, Outlaw
--------------------
Langston Galloway

Aldrich adds very good balance to the starting unit. The man gobbles up rebounds and protects the rim...and he's good at it. STAT and Melo can play together (baloney whoever said they can't); they should still be allowed to headline the attack. STAT's worked hard to come back from injuries and improve his game. He and Melo provide a top 1-2 offensive combination (go with it and don't look back no matter what the detractors say---it works), Shump and Aldrich provide good defense on the wing and around the rim respectively, Aldrich improves rebounding at the start and throughout the game (this guy's gotta play) and Calderon should get everyone the ball in the right place (looking for an upgrade over Felton here) while also spreading the floor with his above-average 3-pt shooting. Shumpert starting gives Fisher a top defender to immediately put on another teams' best player anywhere from 1-3. Preventing opposing teams' best players from getting off at the start sets a good tone.

Jason Smith and Bargnani would be my 2 bigs off the bench. Both provide nice pick and pop offense & mid-range jump-shooting with Smith giving even more on the glass while also providing a shot-blocking element. Acy's tough and a nice underrated player. Hustles, rebounds, defends, provides excellent toughness and if he sees enough time, I think he'll surprise offensively. Could be another Anthony Mason type with even more offensive potential. I see some Xavier McDaniel here as well. I think this guy needs to play..I'd like to see Early get time right off the bat. Show immediate conviction with the pick--the quicker we develop this guy, the quicker we are to finding out if we got another Kawhi Leonard on our hands--although truth be told, Quincy Acy might wind up becoming the better overall player. I always thought of Acy as a 4 man but I'm interested to see how versatile he is and if he can give us mins. at the 3 as well...I like THJ but not as much as others on this forum. Out of Shump, Smith and THJ--I like Shump starting and providing immediate defense to balance the starting 5 (along with his solid 3-pt shooting and hopefully improved all-around offense), JR Smith off the bench in the 6th man role as an ignitor and then some THJ as needed. I wanna see this kid continue to develop also but at the same time I just feel Shumpert and Smith are the superior players. I just don't know if I see a big-time player here with Timmy. And finally, Larkin needs to be the full-time backup point. He provides great counterbalance to what Calderon brings (Prigioni brings too much of the same thing) -- I'd like to see a completely different look with Shane Larkin. Let this kid enter the game, push the ball, break guys down off the dribble, get in the paint and set up our bigs with easy point blank shots, provide ballhawk defense on opposing points and give us even more offensively that what Calderon's capable of doing. Perfect guy to come in and immediately disrupt the opposition & change the pace. A guy with these intangibles has to play, bottom line...Fisher coached him up close in Vegas -- I think he knows what he can bring to the table.

Out of the camp invitees, the one guy that intrigues me the most: Langston Galloway. A few of us spent some time talking about possibly acquiring Ian Clark from Utah in exchange for Prigioni. I think Galloway is very similar to Clark -- a 6'2"-ish guard that's not a pure point but one hell of an outside shooter. There won't be a spot for this kid on the big club right away but hopefully we keep him around and develop him further at Westchester. Interested to see how he develops and if he can play some PG eventually. His shooting definitely looks NBA-ready -- it's a skill that works well in the triangle system. Nice little find by the Knicks here.

I largely agree with this 100%.

I think Aldrich starts - I just like the way he played last year, and he is a Phil Jackson center: Luc Longly, Bill Wennington- he creates spaces, rebounds - moves the ball on offense - scores on garbage type plays. He plays quiet, but when you look at the stat sheet, you think how did he get 8 & 8, but have such an impact on the game.

I'd like Stat to be first off the bench, but then you'd have to start Bargs, or starting at the center, but then who plays 4.

He, Melo & Jose are your 3 primary scorers, with Shump & Cole getting theirs in the flow of the offense.

And I think if Prigs or Dalembert are playing big minutes, then our season is in trouble from injuries or lack of performance elsewhere.

What's your rotation to start the season?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy