[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can We Please Stop Painting Melo As The Villan?
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
9/29/2014  3:20 PM
Triangle this, triangle that. Yadda. Yadda. Enough areddy. Carmelo Anthony is the most imperfectly gifted player on the roster. The rotation players will learn to play as one or fall apart as individuals. Not simply on offense, but on both ends of the court. To the extent that Melo and his four running buddies dedicate themselves on defense, that will be the ceiling for our new edition New Knicks.

Bring me the head of Jose Calderon!

Release the hounds!

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/29/2014  3:33 PM

Soon all the questions will be answered on the court!
Ball don't lie.

Naturally there will be bumps. Manage expectations!!!

misterearl
USA
9/29/2014  3:59 PM
Exactly Nalod

One thing is certain, with new shocks (players) and struts (management), the ride will be different. The body is the same but the overhauled engine and transmission has not been road tested. Those things can be tricky.

"Yo. Pass me that torque wrench!"

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/29/2014  4:15 PM
In the past I have bashed Melo when I felt he wasn't really buying in, but there needs to be reason in assessing Melo and what he's been for this team. He's our best player and he's saying he is fully on board with the program. I think from everything we've read and seen so far from SL thru to now shows that this team is more united and working together for the same goal. These players and coaches are supporting each other and Melo is the leader of the players so he isn't some villain holding back progress. He's part of the progress this team is trying to make together.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/29/2014  4:37 PM
MELO's own words

Cleveland? Carmelo Anthony is not quaking in his boots. While Phil Jackson gave a rather lame playoff prediction Friday, Anthony took it a step further on Monday, saying he believes the Knicks “will be there at the end’’ this season, though he is also willing to be patient.
In a Media Day monologue, Anthony also gave his best answer yet on his decision to stick with the Knicks, saying he “wouldn’t have felt right getting up and leaving’’ after “forcing’’ his way to New York in a 2011 trade.
Anthony has a new body, a new regime in Jackson and Derek Fisher and a new positive outlook after spending much of last season’s 37-45 campaign in a state of misery and confusion.
“Anytime you have a new coach, a new energy comes along with that,’’ Anthony said. “You walk around the building and feel that energy. I felt that energy in the offseason. You see everybody is rejuvenated. At the end of the day, we’ll be there at the end. If we’re all in it together, I believe we will be there.’’
The Knicks will gather at West Point Monday night and hold their first practice Tuesday at Christl Arena. Anthony said he saw a different dedication from teammates this summer than he did during the Mike Woodson Era.
“I saw this offseason the amount of time the teammates put in the gym working on what they needed to work on and got with the coaches,’’ Anthony said. “They were all together. Everybody is ready to take the next step and make that change. A new level of focus. You can just see the mindset is a lot different. We still have to put that on the basketball court and have a great training camp. If we do all the right things, we’ll be there at the end.’’
Anthony wouldn’t admit his free agency was a distraction last season, but he sure sounded like his mind is finally clear and easy after re-signing for five years and $124 million and snubbing the Bulls.
Anthony elected not to have a press conference when he re-signed in mid-July, ending months of errant speculation. He has given bits and pieces of information as to why he re-signed despite the club’s uncertain status as a title contender. On Monday, Anthony gave his most honest assessment.
“It wasn’t all about running and jumping ship to get something in the immediate future,’’ Anthony said. “I’m willing to be patient. How long I’m willing to be patient, I can’t tell you that. I’m willing to take that chance. For me to get up and leave like that — now that I look back at it — I wouldn’t have felt right within myself. From a basketball standpoint, it probably would’ve been the greatest thing to do [to bolt for Chicago or Houston]. I wouldn’t have personally have felt right. I forced my way to New York and have some unfinished business to take care of. I wouldn’t have felt right getting up and leaving like that.”
Anthony’s decision to trim his body fat — as much as losing pounds — has given him a sharper mindset.
“More for me, it’s mentally,’’ Anthony said. “My physical makeup, I feel awesome, feel great. I haven’t felt like this from a physical standpoint in a long time. It’s more the mental aspect where I’m going to be better at. I’m at a good place now — a lot of clarity and understanding.’’
He has not mastered the Knicks’ new triangle offense, but feels he’s on his way, saying it should “enhance my game.’’
“I got a good glimpse what the system will be,’’ said Anthony, who has been participating in voluntary scrimmages with his teammates. “And it’s fun. From what I’ve been able to watch and learn, I’ve been here three weeks early working with the guys, asking questions. Not just going out thinking I know it all, being receptive. It’s been great for me. I know it’s not going to happen overnight. My main thing is embrace it, the new regime and new system and along the way have fun.”
And Anthony won’t brand the Cavaliers and their new Big 3 — LeBron James, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving — the heavy Eastern Conference favorites just yet.
“What [LeBron] was able to do in Miami was special,’’ Anthony said. “As far as Cleveland goes, everybody has a clean plate right now. We’re all 0-0. Everybody starts today. We all have the same opportunity and have the same chance to put in the work and see what happens.’’
ES
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
9/29/2014  4:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2014  4:51 PM
I would but I just got into watercolor and I think Melo as Villain makes a great subject. As an artist, I simply can't agree not to paint him that way.
https:// It's not so hard.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
9/29/2014  4:48 PM
people with round faces typically aren't villain subjects, visually/artistically speaking.
Nalod
USA
9/29/2014  4:50 PM
BasketballJones
USA
9/29/2014  4:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2014  4:50 PM
anrst wrote:people with round faces typically aren't villain subjects, visually/artistically speaking.

Now that he's off the HGH his face will be less round.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/29/2014  5:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:MELO's own words

Cleveland? Carmelo Anthony is not quaking in his boots. While Phil Jackson gave a rather lame playoff prediction Friday, Anthony took it a step further on Monday, saying he believes the Knicks “will be there at the end’’ this season, though he is also willing to be patient.
In a Media Day monologue, Anthony also gave his best answer yet on his decision to stick with the Knicks, saying he “wouldn’t have felt right getting up and leaving’’ after “forcing’’ his way to New York in a 2011 trade.
Anthony has a new body, a new regime in Jackson and Derek Fisher and a new positive outlook after spending much of last season’s 37-45 campaign in a state of misery and confusion.
“Anytime you have a new coach, a new energy comes along with that,’’ Anthony said. “You walk around the building and feel that energy. I felt that energy in the offseason. You see everybody is rejuvenated. At the end of the day, we’ll be there at the end. If we’re all in it together, I believe we will be there.’’
The Knicks will gather at West Point Monday night and hold their first practice Tuesday at Christl Arena. Anthony said he saw a different dedication from teammates this summer than he did during the Mike Woodson Era.
“I saw this offseason the amount of time the teammates put in the gym working on what they needed to work on and got with the coaches,’’ Anthony said. “They were all together. Everybody is ready to take the next step and make that change. A new level of focus. You can just see the mindset is a lot different. We still have to put that on the basketball court and have a great training camp. If we do all the right things, we’ll be there at the end.’’
Anthony wouldn’t admit his free agency was a distraction last season, but he sure sounded like his mind is finally clear and easy after re-signing for five years and $124 million and snubbing the Bulls.
Anthony elected not to have a press conference when he re-signed in mid-July, ending months of errant speculation. He has given bits and pieces of information as to why he re-signed despite the club’s uncertain status as a title contender. On Monday, Anthony gave his most honest assessment.
“It wasn’t all about running and jumping ship to get something in the immediate future,’’ Anthony said. “I’m willing to be patient. How long I’m willing to be patient, I can’t tell you that. I’m willing to take that chance. For me to get up and leave like that — now that I look back at it — I wouldn’t have felt right within myself. From a basketball standpoint, it probably would’ve been the greatest thing to do [to bolt for Chicago or Houston]. I wouldn’t have personally have felt right. I forced my way to New York and have some unfinished business to take care of. I wouldn’t have felt right getting up and leaving like that.”
Anthony’s decision to trim his body fat — as much as losing pounds — has given him a sharper mindset.
“More for me, it’s mentally,’’ Anthony said. “My physical makeup, I feel awesome, feel great. I haven’t felt like this from a physical standpoint in a long time. It’s more the mental aspect where I’m going to be better at. I’m at a good place now — a lot of clarity and understanding.’’
He has not mastered the Knicks’ new triangle offense, but feels he’s on his way, saying it should “enhance my game.’’
“I got a good glimpse what the system will be,’’ said Anthony, who has been participating in voluntary scrimmages with his teammates. “And it’s fun. From what I’ve been able to watch and learn, I’ve been here three weeks early working with the guys, asking questions. Not just going out thinking I know it all, being receptive. It’s been great for me. I know it’s not going to happen overnight. My main thing is embrace it, the new regime and new system and along the way have fun.”
And Anthony won’t brand the Cavaliers and their new Big 3 — LeBron James, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving — the heavy Eastern Conference favorites just yet.
“What [LeBron] was able to do in Miami was special,’’ Anthony said. “As far as Cleveland goes, everybody has a clean plate right now. We’re all 0-0. Everybody starts today. We all have the same opportunity and have the same chance to put in the work and see what happens.’’
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/29/2014  6:46 PM
Is Melo a Brit?
TeamBall
Member: #4386

9/29/2014  7:56 PM
Who's this "we"?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

9/29/2014  9:06 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Is Melo a Brit?

Come on, now. Just because all Brits are villains doesn't mean all villains are Brits.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/29/2014  11:56 PM
markvmc wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Is Melo a Brit?

Come on, now. Just because all Brits are villains doesn't mean all villains are Brits.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/30/2014  7:45 AM
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:MELO's own words

Classic.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/30/2014  7:47 AM
Nalod wrote:

Is that Mrs. Nalod? I hate you. I really do.

Leave it to a centrist to manage to paint Melo as Santa Claus. Fat, dopey and jolly.

Nalod
USA
9/30/2014  9:04 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Is that Mrs. Nalod? I hate you. I really do.

Leave it to a centrist to manage to paint Melo as Santa Claus. Fat, dopey and jolly.

Nalod don't paint.

misterearl
USA
9/30/2014  10:08 AM
The only thing ticking is Frank Isola's biological clock

Isola: Clock already ticking on Knicks and Carmelo Anthony's partnership with Phil Jackson

Gimme a break

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/30/2014  10:13 AM
When you have the biggest basketball contract in the world, you'll get the attention during success or failure. Any criticism now will be overwhelmed by wonderful praise if he helps the team as much as the Kool-Aid drinkers say he will in these 12th to 16th years of his career.
BasketballJones
USA
9/30/2014  11:55 AM
misterearl wrote:The only thing ticking is Frank Isola's biological clock

Isola: Clock already ticking on Knicks and Carmelo Anthony's partnership with Phil Jackson

Gimme a break

Hate to think what that baby will look lik

Can We Please Stop Painting Melo As The Villan?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy