[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dampier is the coup
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/3/2004  12:27 PM
who knows what he will do in terms of FA's? Grabbing Dampier for nothing other than 5mm per would be a steal for NY because Nazr is to small and inconsitent to start and play big consistent minutes at 5, Vin Baker is a shaky deal and I think he will trade Deke. There sure is very small hope that Dampier signs here, but there is legitimate hope. No he isnt Shaq but he would surely improve the team and move Nazr into a more suitable back up position between PF/C for 20 minutes. If he doesnt come here and we cant sign or trade for another big, then he will be forced into that role.

You are putting to much stock into what will be a 34 year old H2O next year. There are plenty of players--like Isiah himself who had to give it up with potentially less severe injuries. Do i think H2) is playing 82 games 38 minutes ah NO. I think that if he does comeback his minutes will have to be severely monitored and cut--perhaps to a 6th man role.

Lets say we keep KT for stability????

Lastly Tim Thomas--a guy who seems to always have a problem. Hes got a lot of skill and meshes pretty well, but ultimately is this the right guy for us to win? I dont think so--I see a lot of guys who played hurt in the post-season and TT was not 1 of them. I think he himself has his own fugazy complex of what he thinks he is and he just seems like a problem guy without heart. I still wonder if he would be better fit in a Cleveland where he would be a 4th fiddle, instead of what looks like a 2nd fiddle as of now with the Knicks.

50 wins is a complete reach without Dampier--with Dampier I see something along the lines of 44-47 and without 38-42. Remember the east was just awful and many teams suffered long term injuries will have their players back. I expect a much more competitive east. Dampier could be the difference between a 4-6 seed and not making the playoffs.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/3/2004  1:05 PM
no way will Dampier sign for a MLE level deal imo...i think it will take at least a $9 or $10 million dollar annual salary to sign him...Antonio Davis makes $12 million a year, so that's a bargain in comparison...Dampier's agent will use something like that to determine his value...he's not going to settle for a huge paycut like that...why would he opt out of his current contract to take less money someplace else? HELLO!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/3/2004  1:41 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

who knows what he will do in terms of FA's? Grabbing Dampier for nothing other than 5mm per would be a steal for NY because Nazr is to small and inconsitent to start and play big consistent minutes at 5, Vin Baker is a shaky deal and I think he will trade Deke. There sure is very small hope that Dampier signs here, but there is legitimate hope. No he isnt Shaq but he would surely improve the team and move Nazr into a more suitable back up position between PF/C for 20 minutes. If he doesnt come here and we cant sign or trade for another big, then he will be forced into that role.

You are putting to much stock into what will be a 34 year old H2O next year. There are plenty of players--like Isiah himself who had to give it up with potentially less severe injuries. Do i think H2) is playing 82 games 38 minutes ah NO. I think that if he does comeback his minutes will have to be severely monitored and cut--perhaps to a 6th man role.

Lets say we keep KT for stability????

Lastly Tim Thomas--a guy who seems to always have a problem. Hes got a lot of skill and meshes pretty well, but ultimately is this the right guy for us to win? I dont think so--I see a lot of guys who played hurt in the post-season and TT was not 1 of them. I think he himself has his own fugazy complex of what he thinks he is and he just seems like a problem guy without heart. I still wonder if he would be better fit in a Cleveland where he would be a 4th fiddle, instead of what looks like a 2nd fiddle as of now with the Knicks.

50 wins is a complete reach without Dampier--with Dampier I see something along the lines of 44-47 and without 38-42. Remember the east was just awful and many teams suffered long term injuries will have their players back. I expect a much more competitive east. Dampier could be the difference between a 4-6 seed and not making the playoffs.

yes, our roster does have it's problems but i'm looking more at the deadline this season and the draft/offseason next year. that's when we have both penny AND tt coming off the books - that's when we can do some major damage.

who's to say nazr can't develop into a solid 12&10 30 min/game center? with aguirre there and the concept of our own player development instilled, he could become that. yes, we need a defensive minded center. yes, we need more athleticism but the players we are talking about are tough to obtain b/c they would have to be sign and trades for players of lesser value (ours). that's why i'm content with developing our own squad for next season and trying to make the big splash when it's more realistic midway through next season and after.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
6/3/2004  3:50 PM
JYD brings in the much needed energy and hustle that we are not getting from anyone in our roster at the moment. He is the the Rodman of our time. It is unfortunate that he plays for a croppy team, that is why you are not hearing much about him. Bringing him to N.Y., a roudy city like N.Y. would bring the best out of the fans and most of all his abilities to play the game. It is imperative to bring a guy like JYD to our team. He has been in Lenny's system before and he would be the anchor defensively that we so desperately need. Don't get it twisted playah, this cat can also score.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/3/2004  7:37 PM
Posted by TMS:

no way will Dampier sign for a MLE level deal imo...i think it will take at least a $9 or $10 million dollar annual salary to sign him...Antonio Davis makes $12 million a year, so that's a bargain in comparison...Dampier's agent will use something like that to determine his value...he's not going to settle for a huge paycut like that...why would he opt out of his current contract to take less money someplace else? HELLO!
Because he said he wants a long-term contract and would be willing to take less. Maybe he was just saying that and didn't mean it, but you can't take it as a "given" that he didn't mean it.
Dampier is the coup

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy