[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Blog Article: Is HGH a Knick and NBA problem written by Dr. Eric Kaplan
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/20/2014  11:01 PM
This has been the summer of weight loss for two of the NBA major superstars. Is it coincidental, or is there another reason? This offseason, both Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James have each lost in collectively in the range of 80 pounds. With reports putting James weight loss, in the 50 pound arena, and Anthony’s in the 30 pound region. Like many of us, I read the reasons why both athletes reported their desire to lose weight, but only time will tell if it was for athletic reasons, or the fear of forthcoming HGH testing in the NBA. If done, and either were tested positive how it would affect their marketing image? Just ask Yankee former superstar Alex Rodriguez. Now I know this article is controversial, but PED’s have historically been used by athletes that were tops in their arena over the last decade.

Recently, I have seen pictures of the results and both players look totally different. LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, will stun onlookers this coming preseason. LeBron looks almost emaciated. The question that will be asked this season is did they both go on low carbohydrate diets as reported, or, is the NBA’s talk of HGH testing the real reason?

LeBron James has dropped 50 pounds in the past 60 days and some alarmed fans are concerned he was suffering from some type of illness. When I saw recent pictures of Anthony, I started drawing a different conclusion. Anthony looks good, but the weight loss by both athletes is suspect. Both players stated it was a low carbohydrate diet, I am not buying that. I consider myself somewhat of an expert in this region, my first bestselling book was entitled ” LIFESTYLE OF THE FIT AND FAMOUS.”, (Donald Trump on the cover called it “the Taj Mahal of Health books”) this book is about high protein low carbohydrate diets. Now if done properly, it should lead to fat loss, not muscle loss. It is not the goal of any diet to lose muscle, simply fat. James is a shadow of who he used to be and Anthony is not far behind. Both have lost muscle and this rapid weight loss could make both prone to injury.

My curiosity into NBA steroid use began with an interview with Derrick Rose. The reporter had asked him if steroids were a problem in the NBA since it rarely gets mentioned or talked about. On a scale of 1 – 10 (1 being what are PED’s and 10 being everyone is using), Derrick Rose answered “7” and admitted that it is a problem that no one talks about.

So I continued to do my research, my research shows that even though the NBA does test for testosterone, they don’t test for HGH (Human Growth Hormone) which is a far more advanced type of steroids meant for men older than 25 who want to maintain athleticism and flexibility without gaining to much bulk and getting stiff.

There is a rumor that the once muscle bound Lebron James acquired performance enhancing drugs from Anthony Bosch and the Biogenesis clinic, the same clinic, in Miami, that reportedly supplied Alex Rodriquez, Ryan Braun and as many as 18 other MLB players with steroids and other PEDs. Could this be one of the reasons James left Miami? Read on and you be the judge.

Since 2003 LeBron has gotten notably much larger than he ever was earlier in his carreer. Could his desire to win a ring in Miami, taken him to this level? Most athletes today lift weights to gain muscle, but different before and after pictures show that LeBron’s back and shoulders have almost doubled in width. The diameter of his head is extremely larger. The back and shoulders I can deal with, but there’s no work out plan on the planet that cause this much growth in your head. Many PED experts have stated that steroids and especially HGH users most noticeable characteristics that we’re all aware of is the growth of the human head during these cycles or what they refer to as “moon face”. There’s no concealing it. Lebron, more than Anthony fits this profile. Lifting weights is common in the NBA, however even when players like Jordan and Kobe were considered undersized and they hit the weights; they never bulked up like LeBron, Carmelo or even Dwight Howard another suspect of PED usage, whose size has diminished.

Throughout Florida and the NBA recent rumors have been flying on the internet in regards to James. One reported a former employee of Anthony Bosch claims a Mr. Paul picked up items from the clinic on a monthly basis , and when he paid the initials L.J. where used in the bookkeeping log. Why would that be suspicious? Well LeBron’s best friend and agent’s name is Rich Paul. All of these coincidences, combined with the fact LeBron has never sustained any serious injury in his career and who’s hairline has been visibly receding, whose muscles seemed blown up, whose face became “moon faced” all since he was 22, is too much irony for me to not call it like it is.

ESPN sports reporter Brian Windhorst says the LeBron “apparently cut carbs over the last two months”. Dr. Aaron Tabor, who hasn’t treated LeBron, pointed out that 50 pounds is 20% of his body weight.

Anthony weight loss is more moderate, however he has lost in the range of 30 pounds, according to his trainer. Anthony, looks leaner but also meaner and not the shadow James is. Now before you discount HGH, remember, blood testing and HGH testing is forthcoming. Commissioner Adam Silver has been lobbying for HGH testing since he was Deputy Commissioner.

“One of the changes that we know we’ll be making to our current drug testing is the addition of HGH testing, which requires taking blood from the players,” NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver told The Post last week. “We want to make sure, on behalf of our players, as well, that’s it’s done in the proper way, and that we understand what are the appropriate baselines for a natural substance, like HGH, so we can detect where there are aberrations. That is something we’re very focused on.”

Now the commissioner goal is to fast track HGH testing and many players are also scared. It was collectively bargained during the long NBA lockout, however, as the NBA and the NBPA agreed in the most recent CBA that HGH testing would commence once an independent panel confirms the reliability of the test. That hasn’t happened yet, but it should happen soon as HGH testing is probably a necessary step for the league. It has cleaned up Major league baseball.

Great players and HGH has been around for a while only the NBA has remained on the outside. Look at many leaders in their profession that have been either suspected, investigated, or suspended for HGH use. That includes Roger Clemens, Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun and now both Tiger Woods and LeBron James, to name but a few.

Before I inject, my personal opinion, let me state, I think HGH is a problem in the NBA or any sport that doesn’t test for it. Rumors abound the Internet of PED’s being utilized by some top tier NBA players. I think the more we talk about it, the bigger the issue it will become, because people who had no idea it existed are now being told it’s a wonder drug. Marc Cuban owner of the Dallas Mavericks openly has politicked for its use to be legal. “The issue isn’t whether I think it should be used,” Cuban told USA TODAY Sports via e-mail. “The issue is that it has not been approved for such use. And one of the reasons it hasn’t been approved is that there have not been studies done to prove the benefits of prescribing HGH for athletic rehabilitation or any injury rehabilitation that I’m aware of. The product has such a huge (public) stigma that no one wants to be associated with it.”

The real harm with all this HGH talk is the effect it will have on high school and college sports. If those kids believe their NBA heroes are doing HGH, or something, they may consider doing the same, this is not a good thing. Marketing wise this would destroy LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony as it has Alex Rodriguez. Stopping HGH use would cause this type of drastic weight loss. Renowned chiropractor Dr. Perry Bard, a former body builder and Body Building judge acknowledged that athletes look for an advantage and that James weight loss looks suspicious. This was confirmed by Dr. Glen Zuck renowned and fellowed Orthopedic surgeon. He stated “Athletes always look for a step up on the competition, a way to heal faster. Top athletes are pressured to perform day in and day out. Athletes are pressured to stay on the field, and often look for a hidden advantage. Any athlete Losing 50 pounds in 50 days puts their body at risk, it could possibly put too much pressure on the heart. James could put his career, his legacy, in jeopardy. Only a blood test would dispel the rumors ”

Sources told The Post, whose Marc Berman reported, Anthony wants to be speedier in the triangle offense. According to his personael trainer Idan Ravin, pounds aren’t the issue, body fat is. However, pictures show a completely different Anthony, with much muscle mass gone. The trainer said it’s too early to tell whether either James or Anthony will want to play all season this thin. “[LeBron] might feel the weight loss as helpful now but when he starts playing, not so helpful,’’ Ravin said. “Everyone is always experimenting.’’

So with the 2014 -2015 season ahead many questions will be asked. New commissioner Adam Silver now must step up and protect the sport ant institute HGH testing.

Dr Eric Kaplan is a Best Selling Author www.5minutemotivator.com

Follow him on Twitter @drekaplan

http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2014/09/11/hgh-knick-nba-problem/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/21/2014  12:33 AM
Definitely not Carmelo but certainly Lebron
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/21/2014  1:04 AM
I think it's a bull. They act like people can't build muscle without drugs. Some people are just naturally able to respond to exercise than others. My best friend growing up was always able to build muscle at a faster rate than the rest of us and his son is the same way now. It's a genetic trait. I've seen this all my life. This is not to say some guys aren't doing it but to me Lebron always looked like my friend. He was more developed than most even in High School.
CrushAlot
USA
9/21/2014  1:11 AM
I
nixluva wrote:I think it's a bull. They act like people can't build muscle without drugs. Some people are just naturally able to respond to exercise than others. My best friend growing up was always able to build muscle at a faster rate than the rest of us and his son is the same way now. It's a genetic trait. I've seen this all my life. This is not to say some guys aren't doing it but to me Lebron always looked like my friend. He was more developed than most even in High School.

LBJ definitely looked like a man among boys in high school but te head size thing is hard to refute. Also, Rose saying it is a problem in the nba is a revelation. I didn't think it was.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/21/2014  1:21 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I
nixluva wrote:I think it's a bull. They act like people can't build muscle without drugs. Some people are just naturally able to respond to exercise than others. My best friend growing up was always able to build muscle at a faster rate than the rest of us and his son is the same way now. It's a genetic trait. I've seen this all my life. This is not to say some guys aren't doing it but to me Lebron always looked like my friend. He was more developed than most even in High School.

LBJ definitely looked like a man among boys in high school but te head size thing is hard to refute. Also, Rose saying it is a problem in the nba is a revelation. I didn't think it was.

It's funny that some in the media want to make something of this now. It was much more important to be a big muscle head in the 90's and guys were bigger. Guys like Oakley and Mase were huge by today's standards. Nowadays you have guys like KD and Steph Curry. It's about quickness and skill. I don't think HGH testing will have a major impact except maybe more injuries from lack of ability to recover as quickly.

gunsnewing
USA
9/21/2014  1:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/21/2014  1:46 AM
Lebron never gets hurt and recovers faster than any human when he does

All this while playing every minute of every game the past 11yrs and guarding PG's and C's

CrushAlot
USA
9/21/2014  2:24 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Lebron never gets hurt and recovers faster than any human when he does

All this while playing every minute of every game the past 11yrs and guarding PG's and C's

I know right. I have had sports hernia surgery on both hips and I have bone spurs in both f my shoulders. I have always worked out, run and played ball but now everything is limited. I would live to take hgh if it would help with injuries I have. Getting older sucks. I was a flys, push up maniac and blew ut my shoulders.
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

9/21/2014  2:42 AM
what about testosterone?

there's so much stuff available at reasonable prices for even the average guy,

it would blow my mind that the pro ballers didn't have super easy access to the best ped in the world.

i don't mind, i don't mind,

because i will always tell you: you don't take a craig ehlo, give him hgh and turn him into a lebron,

a player's ceiling is always determined by his given baseline, if everyone is tuned in everyone will have a similar jump from their base to their ceiling, canceling out advantage and providing a much more entertaining experience for the consumer

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
9/21/2014  3:30 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Lebron never gets hurt and recovers faster than any human when he does

so did jordan do hgh also?

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
gunsnewing
USA
9/21/2014  3:41 AM
probably
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/21/2014  4:18 AM
The stars in the league always play alot of minutes. if they're using enhancements, I wouldnt be surprised.
gunsnewing
USA
9/21/2014  4:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/21/2014  4:27 AM
Well thats why they are finally testing for it this year and guys are losing weight because they are off HGH

should be an interesting year

IronWillGiroud

9/21/2014  4:28 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Well thats why they are finally testing for it this year and guys are losing weight because they are off HGH

should be an interesting year

yea funny that melo is now skinny too,

but then melo would be the first guy to take hgh and become pudgy

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
gunsnewing
USA
9/21/2014  4:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/21/2014  4:38 AM
Melo is in shape because Phil told him to be

He wants him to play the role of Jordan & Kobe. No more PF for Melo thank god

At the same time he needs to do a better job of staying with opposing SF's
Hopefully losing weight will make him quicker

IronWillGiroud

9/21/2014  4:45 AM
hopefully it makes him smarter too
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/21/2014  6:53 AM
Melo lost the weight gradually. Losing 30 pounds in 3 months is very possible and healthy. I've done it before. I actually lost 50lbs throughout the course of 7 months without the use of any professional training or nutritionist. I used p90x and restricted my calories from 1800-2500 cal a day.

Lebron lost 50 in 2 months. That's pretty extreme. Even with the best trainers and nutritionist. Even if he had them following him wherever he went that's hard to do and pretty unsafe unless you were morbidity obese.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/21/2014  8:44 AM

He hasnt lost 50 pounds.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/21/2014  8:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/21/2014  8:55 AM
nixluva wrote:

It's funny that some in the media want to make something of this now. It was much more important to be a big muscle head in the 90's and guys were bigger. Guys like Oakley and Mase were huge by today's standards. Nowadays you have guys like KD and Steph Curry. It's about quickness and skill. I don't think HGH testing will have a major impact except maybe more injuries from lack of ability to recover as quickly.

I don't think the guys who use this stuff on the Tour de France want to carry more weight on their bikes - they use it to increase their lung capacity and shorten their heal time.

I don't think MLB pitchers use it for bigger biceps - they use it to be more accurate and to shorten their healing time. I'm sorry, the rose colored glasses don't work here

I don't think you're entirely informed on PEDs...

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/21/2014  9:13 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I don't think the guys who use this stuff on the Tour de France want to carry more weight on their bikes -they use it to increase their lung capacity and shorten their heal time.

I don't think MLB pitchers use it for bigger biceps - they use it to be more accurate and to shorten their healing time. I'm sorry, the rose colored glasses don't work here

I don't think you're entirely informed on PEDs...

Yea

HGH is used to reduce recovery time from training usually giving the person that uses it great amount of stamina since they are able to train harder to increase there stamina.

Which is the reason why we know Melo doesn't use HGH as he was clearly fatigued in the 4th quarter the past season. If he was using HGH then that wouldn't happen.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
IronWillGiroud

9/21/2014  5:29 PM
i can't wait until the stigma around PEDs is gone,

when the entire world is tuned in to stuff that will make them healthier, stronger, happier and overall better

this is the way of The Future, man.

dinosaurs gotta get wid-it.

there was a time when penicillin was considered taboo!

Blog Article: Is HGH a Knick and NBA problem written by Dr. Eric Kaplan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy