9/25/2014  8:12 AM
F500ONE wrote:I don't mind Phil trading Tyson and Felton

Just don't be a hypocrite and unprofessional

About it after the fact

His 2 explanations on the Steve Kerr situation

Very shaky at best

I do like his fundamental thinking levels

And commitment to stressing team basketball

I actually thought the Tyson trade was great for us. We got some youth/draft picks which usually is what we give up most of the time. Again i dont think it matters what Tyson says or what Phil says. So far i like what Phil has done. The Tyson trade was a win for us, the early selection was a steal IMO, and getting melo back was real good although i would have still liked him to take less
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

9/25/2014  8:15 AM
nixluva wrote:It's clear to me now that we have an infestation of HATERZ on the UK forum. How the hell do we have such a vocal group of New York Knick Haterz on this forum? It's one thing to not think the team is any good, but it goes deeper than that. To read some of the comments about Phil Jackson as if he's some bum or just some guy that only won because of the players he had as if any coach wins without good players. Guys hate on our players and really just have no ounce of support for the team. It just underscores my belief that there are self hating Knick fans on this forum.

To watch the changes that Phil has brought to the franchise and not have anything good to say about the team as it is presently being run is beyond me. We've been begging for real leadership and when we finally get it still we have to read this garbage from people here who are supposed to be REAL KNICK FANS. I question if some of these guys even know what that means. It's unbelievable.

Nix, i agree i like what Phil has done and i like positivity a lot more than negativity. HOWEVER fans every every right to be a little impatient. Lets face it the past 15 years have not been kind to us Knick fans lol. I also believe that its ok to sometimes being critical when the team/plaers arent doing what they are suppose to do. Positivity is important but objectivity isnt a bad thing either
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/25/2014  8:15 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but does anyone have Phil's actual quote?

Could Tyson have taken personal offense to something that may not have even specifically called him out?

Phil's comments were bang on

New York Knicks president Phil Jackson said one of the reasons he wanted to ship Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks was to "change some of the chemistry" of his team.

"To do that we felt (it was) important to bring in some new personnel and start with some character guys that we feel can carry this forward," Jackson said on Thursday evening.

"Watching them play I saw guys that looked at each other like, 'You didn't back me up, you weren't here when I needed help,' " Jackson said. "There just wasn't the right combination or feel (where) it felt like everybody was in synch all the time."

Ha! Phil really doesn't like Tyson- he tweeted another jab at Tyson following Tyson's recent comments.

Chemistry/culture? we have 1/3 roster new, every one new changes the chemistry on a team. Culture built on new behavior-fresh ideas.
That certainly is a long way from these type of statements, 'we know we are giving up a lot...' or 'we know we are losing a great leader and defender'. Glad Phil is a straight shooter.

"straight shooter" you have got to be kidding. this is the nba, a professional sports team, a business. what a naive statement.

Its business. Phil just told Tyson he saw through his bs, and cost him millions in 2015 by outing him to those naïve enough not to figure out the guy is a phony. What do you think? Does an assessment like that of your character from a guy that has won 13 rings hurt your future earnings especially if a little research backs it up? I didn't think you thought basketball was a business. I thought it was all about not taking your market value and instead taking dramatic pay cuts in the prime of your career to show you were about winning and character. Business, winning, character. Somehow they are all connected in this winning stuff.

he won 11 rings as a coach, 9 of which was with michael jordan and shaquille o'neal. had garnett not been injured one year as a celtic and then the tragic loss of kendrick perkins in another campaign that number of rings would have remained 9. he won 1 ring as an active player-- an excellent player in 1973. the other ring in 1970 he was out but was an excellent student of red holzman.

so jackson won one ring as an excellent role player, and chandler has won one ring as an excellent role player.

chandler is making the more money with the mavs than he did with the knicks so what is your point here? what has he "lost"? are the mavs closer to a title than the knicks next year? do they have dirk and the knicks have....?

to your issue about basketball as a business-- it is not merely a business since winning titles in sports clearly transcends business, at least with people who care more about winning than money. dirk cares more about winning than money. so does duncan, ginobili, parker, even shaq. bosh, lebron, wade took less so they ahd a chance to win, and they won twice, one time by luck but still.

russell cared more about winning than money, and auerbach had the stones to say as much in russell's great book "red and me."

who on the knicks cares more about winning than money?

i'll wait

Now you are minimizing Phil's accomplishments? Nice. Why does Clyde treat Phil with such reverence. This is almost worse then your wild genetic theories.

and you didn't actually address the question: who on the knicks cares more about winning than money?

again.... i'll wait and if you don't respond directly we all know what that means

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
F500ONE
Member: #5844

9/25/2014  9:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2014  9:28 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:I don't mind Phil trading Tyson and Felton

Just don't be a hypocrite and unprofessional

About it after the fact

His 2 explanations on the Steve Kerr situation

Very shaky at best

I do like his fundamental thinking levels

And commitment to stressing team basketball

I actually thought the Tyson trade was great for us. We got some youth/draft picks which usually is what we give up most of the time. Again i dont think it matters what Tyson says or what Phil says. So far i like what Phil has done. The Tyson trade was a win for us, the early selection was a steal IMO, and getting melo back was real good although i would have still liked him to take less

Well we often like to throw around the word "steal"

A little too often and loosely

Look I can walk out of a convenient shop

With a pack stolen goods in my hands

But if the cops meets me at my car door

Or at my house or even worse guns me down in the street

Before I open/use any of it

Did I really "steal" the goods

Let's not be too early on declaring Early a steal

I do like the pickup nonetheless

The Tyson trade also comes with some cap ramifications

And an exposed front court

As far as Melo goes you say real good

I say lost opportunity to ditch him, but to each his own

What Melo did was reap his field full of crops

Stripped it as bare as he possibly could

Then Placed fences around most of the field's perimeter

Leaving very little to glean for the fatherless boy and lost widow

or to put it another way

Melo's tithing called for 10%, he gave back 5%

So yes the Camp, Priesthood, and quite possibly THE ABOVE

May be a little hurt at the heart so-to-speak

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/25/2014  12:34 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but does anyone have Phil's actual quote?

Could Tyson have taken personal offense to something that may not have even specifically called him out?

New York Knicks president Phil Jackson said one of the reasons he wanted to ship Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks was to "change some of the chemistry" of his team.

"To do that we felt (it was) important to bring in some new personnel and start with some character guys that we feel can carry this forward," Jackson said on Thursday evening.

"Watching them play I saw guys that looked at each other like, 'You didn't back me up, you weren't here when I needed help,' " Jackson said. "There just wasn't the right combination or feel (where) it felt like everybody was in synch all the time."

Ha! Phil really doesn't like Tyson- he tweeted another jab at Tyson following Tyson's recent comments.

Chemistry/culture? we have 1/3 roster new, every one new changes the chemistry on a team. Culture built on new behavior-fresh ideas.
That certainly is a long way from these type of statements, 'we know we are giving up a lot...' or 'we know we are losing a great leader and defender'. Glad Phil is a straight shooter.

"straight shooter" you have got to be kidding. this is the nba, a professional sports team, a business. what a naive statement.

Its business. Phil just told Tyson he saw through his bs, and cost him millions in 2015 by outing him to those naïve enough not to figure out the guy is a phony. What do you think? Does an assessment like that of your character from a guy that has won 13 rings hurt your future earnings especially if a little research backs it up? I didn't think you thought basketball was a business. I thought it was all about not taking your market value and instead taking dramatic pay cuts in the prime of your career to show you were about winning and character. Business, winning, character. Somehow they are all connected in this winning stuff.

he won 11 rings as a coach, 9 of which was with michael jordan and shaquille o'neal. had garnett not been injured one year as a celtic and then the tragic loss of kendrick perkins in another campaign that number of rings would have remained 9. he won 1 ring as an active player-- an excellent player in 1973. the other ring in 1970 he was out but was an excellent student of red holzman.

so jackson won one ring as an excellent role player, and chandler has won one ring as an excellent role player.

chandler is making the more money with the mavs than he did with the knicks so what is your point here? what has he "lost"? are the mavs closer to a title than the knicks next year? do they have dirk and the knicks have....?

to your issue about basketball as a business-- it is not merely a business since winning titles in sports clearly transcends business, at least with people who care more about winning than money. dirk cares more about winning than money. so does duncan, ginobili, parker, even shaq. bosh, lebron, wade took less so they ahd a chance to win, and they won twice, one time by luck but still.

russell cared more about winning than money, and auerbach had the stones to say as much in russell's great book "red and me."

i'll wait

Now you are minimizing Phil's accomplishments? Nice. Why does Clyde treat Phil with such reverence. This is almost worse then your wild genetic theories.

and you didn't actually address the question: who on the knicks cares more about winning than money?

again.... i'll wait and if you don't respond directly we all know what that means

this is the nba, a professional sports team, a business. what a naive statement.

Let's see, does Pablo or Jose care more about winning? Does Iman only think about money? Shane Larkin? THJ? Cole? Look at that, that's 6 Knicks!

JR took less to stay here, once upon a time. Maybe he cares about winning? Nah, he just cares about local tee times.

Oh wait, you're just waiting to see if anyone dares to mention that Melo cares about winning more than money, or more than his image, or more than his brand, right?

dk7th
USA
9/25/2014  2:01 PM
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

i'll wait

this is the nba, a professional sports team, a business. what a naive statement.

Let's see, does Pablo or Jose care more about winning? Does Iman only think about money? Shane Larkin? THJ? Cole? Look at that, that's 6 Knicks!

JR took less to stay here, once upon a time. Maybe he cares about winning? Nah, he just cares about local tee times.

Oh wait, you're just waiting to see if anyone dares to mention that Melo cares about winning more than money, or more than his image, or more than his brand, right?

you just did thanks

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
F500ONE

9/25/2014  2:08 PM
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

i'll wait

Jose may not after receiving 4yrs $27mil

When Pablo was negotiating his contract after the 54win season

He threatened he would sign overseas

Soon thereafter he struck a 3yr deal with us

Iman is totally distracted with branding 90

J.R. took less in efforts to collect 2 paychecks

1 for himself and the other his brother's

Shane, Jr, and the babies aren't due a payday yet

The jury is still out on them

dk7th
USA
9/25/2014  2:17 PM
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

i'll wait

and just in case you don't understand, it should be an apples to apples comparison, not the bit players you speciously are bringing in. once again:

dirk took less
duncan less
ginobili less
parker less
shaq less
lebron less
wade less
bosh less

that's off the top of my head-- these are the main guys on their respective teams. they all won as a result of taking less.

F500ONE

9/25/2014  2:19 PM
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

i'll wait

and just in case you don't understand, it should be an apples to apples comparison, not the bit players you speciously are bringing in. once again:

dirk took less
duncan less
ginobili less
parker less
shaq less
lebron less
wade less
bosh less

that's off the top of my head-- these are the main guys on their respective teams. they all won as a result of taking less.

Actually I used the examples he gave

They were adequate enough even if

The comparison is bananas to squash

As you can see they were very poor indeed

dk7th
USA
9/25/2014  3:24 PM
F500ONE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

i'll wait

dirk took less
duncan less
ginobili less
parker less
shaq less
lebron less
wade less
bosh less

Actually I used the examples he gave

They were adequate enough even if

The comparison is bananas to squash

As you can see they were very poor indeed

i would rather have had most of any of these players with the exception of bosh in a knick uniform in their primes since they are or were better basketball players than melo.

Tyson can't let it go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy