[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tyson can't let it go
Author Thread
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

9/24/2014  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2014  2:16 PM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:Tyson isn't the same player he was when the Mavs won the title and they don't have as many defensive players either. Not to say they won't improve with Tyson but the Title team was ranked #8 in defense that year and last year they were ranked #22. IMO I doubt one guy makes that much of a difference. If Tyson does then that just underscores how much he underperformed here last year. He can't have it both ways. When he defended great the Knick had a good defense and when he played like Flu Tyson we stunk defensively.

baloney. when you are a dysfunctional and chaotic franchise and team, defense is absolutely the first thing to plummet. one guy in a healthy situation can make a very big difference. so if he does better on the mavs it is indication not how poorly he performed here but how poorly run the knicks were and how much of a black hole the absence of leadership caused. his comments about dirk nowitzki that were just quoted really underscores that point while undermining your opinion.

The fact he mentioned Kidd

In the same breath discussing Dirk

While remising all players he's played with

Melo and Chris Paul included

You said sneakers, I was thinking

More of not worthy carrying his jock strap

Some players are synergy

Some players zap energy

I hope Fisher Kanye West

Coaching his way Through The Fire this coming season

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/24/2014  2:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2014  2:55 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but does anyone have Phil's actual quote?

Could Tyson have taken personal offense to something that may not have even specifically called him out?

Phil's comments were bang on

New York Knicks president Phil Jackson said one of the reasons he wanted to ship Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks was to "change some of the chemistry" of his team.

"To do that we felt (it was) important to bring in some new personnel and start with some character guys that we feel can carry this forward," Jackson said on Thursday evening.

"Watching them play I saw guys that looked at each other like, 'You didn't back me up, you weren't here when I needed help,' " Jackson said. "There just wasn't the right combination or feel (where) it felt like everybody was in synch all the time."

Ha! Phil really doesn't like Tyson- he tweeted another jab at Tyson following Tyson's recent comments.

Chemistry/culture? we have 1/3 roster new, every one new changes the chemistry on a team. Culture built on new behavior-fresh ideas.
F500ONE

9/24/2014  4:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2014  4:19 PM
smackeddog wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but does anyone have Phil's actual quote?

Could Tyson have taken personal offense to something that may not have even specifically called him out?

New York Knicks president Phil Jackson said one of the reasons he wanted to ship Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks was to "change some of the chemistry" of his team.

"To do that we felt (it was) important to bring in some new personnel and start with some character guys that we feel can carry this forward," Jackson said on Thursday evening.

"Watching them play I saw guys that looked at each other like, 'You didn't back me up, you weren't here when I needed help,' " Jackson said. "There just wasn't the right combination or feel (where) it felt like everybody was in synch all the time."

Ha! Phil really doesn't like Tyson- he tweeted another jab at Tyson following Tyson's recent comments.

Chemistry/culture? we have 1/3 roster new, every one new changes the chemistry on a team. Culture built on new behavior-fresh ideas.

So he's mad at Tyson and Felton and

Blaming them all for this

But what about this dog du-du Phil

Why is J.R. Smith still here Phil?

Oh wait you couldn't trade him

So of course he has to be included

In those you hope to reach and gets it this year

Phil is picking and choosing

What about yelling at teammates and coaches in huddles

What about Shumpert pushing teammates away on the court

When they tried to show him some things wrong

Melo telling his coach to shut up in huddles

What about this body language Phil

Which comes off as Phil henpecking blame to his chosen couple

None of the above is good for the culture of basketball

But it's obvious there were far more than 2 suspects Phil

And I think you know we're smart enough to know this

So when Tyson fires back, he in turn is bang on

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/24/2014  4:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:

lets not get things twisted and oversimplify. phil jackson is not some saint pure as the driven snow. he is professional manipulator, which is not a bad thing but neither is it good 100% of the time either.

that said, he may not "like" chandler. but in this instance it isn't a personal dislike so much as a dislike based on chandler not fitting into the triangle. and lets also be clear: the main impetus for the trade was to get rid of that swine felton. that the mavs were willing to even take on felton if it meant getting back a player in chandler who DOES fit into their roster, while trading away someone who os a clear upgrade over felton in calderon-- well that says a lot about the mavs' front office's esteem for chandler, right?

in the end, it may be easier for jackson to put his foot in his mouth concerning chandler and "chemistry" instead of stating the obvious: chandler is not the kind of center that fits into the triangle offense-- he lacks offensive skills. the issue now becomes will sam dalembert be displaced by another player, such as cole aldrich or some other center on the roster?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/24/2014  5:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2014  5:09 PM
Hmm. I guess. I mean obviously Felton was an issue, and Chandler allowed Felton to leave get traded. Phil is going to put his slick spin on things re: "chemistry". But unless there is some other quote, Tyson's name wasn't mentioned, was it? So for him to jump on it to respond just seems telling.
Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/24/2014  5:16 PM
When Phil made mention of players commenting that other players didnt have each others back....that definitely was about Tyson, so it's not like he's getting this out of nowhere.

But we all know why Tyson was traded....he doesnt fit the triangle...not a good shooter or passer.

dk7th
USA
9/24/2014  6:11 PM
knickscity wrote:When Phil made mention of players commenting that other players didnt have each others back....that definitely was about Tyson, so it's not like he's getting this out of nowhere.

But we all know why Tyson was traded....he doesnt fit the triangle...not a good shooter or passer.

that's really the essence of it. everything else is ego-driven nonsense.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/24/2014  6:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:

That certainly is a long way from these type of statements, 'we know we are giving up a lot...' or 'we know we are losing a great leader and defender'. Glad Phil is a straight shooter.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE

9/24/2014  6:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Glad Phil is a straight shooter.

Maybe 50% of the time he is

He's also prone to against his straight shooting

Look no further than Melo contract negotiations

dk7th
USA
9/24/2014  8:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

That certainly is a long way from these type of statements, 'we know we are giving up a lot...' or 'we know we are losing a great leader and defender'. Glad Phil is a straight shooter.

"straight shooter" you have got to be kidding. this is the nba, a professional sports team, a business. what a naive statement.

CrushAlot
USA
9/24/2014  8:33 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

"straight shooter" you have got to be kidding. this is the nba, a professional sports team, a business. what a naive statement.

Its business. Phil just told Tyson he saw through his bs, and cost him millions in 2015 by outing him to those naïve enough not to figure out the guy is a phony. What do you think? Does an assessment like that of your character from a guy that has won 13 rings hurt your future earnings especially if a little research backs it up? I didn't think you thought basketball was a business. I thought it was all about not taking your market value and instead taking dramatic pay cuts in the prime of your career to show you were about winning and character. Business, winning, character. Somehow they are all connected in this winning stuff.
dk7th
USA
9/24/2014  8:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Its business. Phil just told Tyson he saw through his bs, and cost him millions in 2015 by outing him to those naïve enough not to figure out the guy is a phony. What do you think? Does an assessment like that of your character from a guy that has won 13 rings hurt your future earnings especially if a little research backs it up? I didn't think you thought basketball was a business. I thought it was all about not taking your market value and instead taking dramatic pay cuts in the prime of your career to show you were about winning and character. Business, winning, character. Somehow they are all connected in this winning stuff.

he won 11 rings as a coach, 9 of which was with michael jordan and shaquille o'neal. had garnett not been injured one year as a celtic and then the tragic loss of kendrick perkins in another campaign that number of rings would have remained 9. he won 1 ring as an active player-- an excellent player in 1973. the other ring in 1970 he was out but was an excellent student of red holzman.

so jackson won one ring as an excellent role player, and chandler has won one ring as an excellent role player.

chandler is making the more money with the mavs than he did with the knicks so what is your point here? what has he "lost"? are the mavs closer to a title than the knicks next year? do they have dirk and the knicks have....?

to your issue about basketball as a business-- it is not merely a business since winning titles in sports clearly transcends business, at least with people who care more about winning than money. dirk cares more about winning than money. so does duncan, ginobili, parker, even shaq. bosh, lebron, wade took less so they ahd a chance to win, and they won twice, one time by luck but still.

russell cared more about winning than money, and auerbach had the stones to say as much in russell's great book "red and me."

who on the knicks cares more about winning than money?

i'll wait

CrushAlot
USA
9/24/2014  9:28 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

he won 11 rings as a coach, 9 of which was with michael jordan and shaquille o'neal. had garnett not been injured one year as a celtic and then the tragic loss of kendrick perkins in another campaign that number of rings would have remained 9. he won 1 ring as an active player-- an excellent player in 1973. the other ring in 1970 he was out but was an excellent student of red holzman.

so jackson won one ring as an excellent role player, and chandler has won one ring as an excellent role player.

chandler is making the more money with the mavs than he did with the knicks so what is your point here? what has he "lost"? are the mavs closer to a title than the knicks next year? do they have dirk and the knicks have....?

to your issue about basketball as a business-- it is not merely a business since winning titles in sports clearly transcends business, at least with people who care more about winning than money. dirk cares more about winning than money. so does duncan, ginobili, parker, even shaq. bosh, lebron, wade took less so they ahd a chance to win, and they won twice, one time by luck but still.

russell cared more about winning than money, and auerbach had the stones to say as much in russell's great book "red and me."

who on the knicks cares more about winning than money?

i'll wait

Now you are minimizing Phil's accomplishments? Nice. Why does Clyde treat Phil with such reverence. This is almost worse then your wild genetic theories.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/24/2014  10:33 PM
It's clear to me now that we have an infestation of HATERZ on the UK forum. How the hell do we have such a vocal group of New York Knick Haterz on this forum? It's one thing to not think the team is any good, but it goes deeper than that. To read some of the comments about Phil Jackson as if he's some bum or just some guy that only won because of the players he had as if any coach wins without good players. Guys hate on our players and really just have no ounce of support for the team. It just underscores my belief that there are self hating Knick fans on this forum.

To watch the changes that Phil has brought to the franchise and not have anything good to say about the team as it is presently being run is beyond me. We've been begging for real leadership and when we finally get it still we have to read this garbage from people here who are supposed to be REAL KNICK FANS. I question if some of these guys even know what that means. It's unbelievable.

knickscity
USA
9/24/2014  11:21 PM
nixluva wrote:It's clear to me now that we have an infestation of HATERZ on the UK forum. How the hell do we have such a vocal group of New York Knick Haterz on this forum? It's one thing to not think the team is any good, but it goes deeper than that. To read some of the comments about Phil Jackson as if he's some bum or just some guy that only won because of the players he had as if any coach wins without good players. Guys hate on our players and really just have no ounce of support for the team. It just underscores my belief that there are self hating Knick fans on this forum.

To watch the changes that Phil has brought to the franchise and not have anything good to say about the team as it is presently being run is beyond me. We've been begging for real leadership and when we finally get it still we have to read this garbage from people here who are supposed to be REAL KNICK FANS. I question if some of these guys even know what that means. It's unbelievable.

So what about you that see no wrong until it is?
Dagger
Member: #4184

9/24/2014  11:22 PM
nixluva wrote:It's clear to me now that we have an infestation of HATERZ on the UK forum. How the hell do we have such a vocal group of New York Knick Haterz on this forum? It's one thing to not think the team is any good, but it goes deeper than that. To read some of the comments about Phil Jackson as if he's some bum or just some guy that only won because of the players he had as if any coach wins without good players. Guys hate on our players and really just have no ounce of support for the team. It just underscores my belief that there are self hating Knick fans on this forum.

Yup, some of them jump to criticize every little thing but take no joy in the positives. I don't know why they follow the team so closely when it seems like it's nothing but suffering for them. You just have to wonder why they invest so much time thinking about the Knicks when it seems they don't appreciate the things that make being a fan worthwhile.

dk7th
USA
9/24/2014  11:38 PM

nobody is saying he is a bum. chillax! he was a great coach, second to none. it just so happens that a statement that is profoundly misleading was made: phil jackson won 13 rings.

no he didn't. he won one ring as a player, a great and key role player. i know because i saw it with my own eyes. not a bum. he won a second ring sitting on the bench with an injury. an eager student who worshipped his coach, as all those knicks did of red holzman.

he then labored in the developmental leagues for years in order to earn his chance to coach in the nba, paid his dues. not a bum.

and he won nine of eleven rings as a coach of two of the top five players of all time. not a bum.

not a bum. but does that also mean "heap big chief triangle no speak with fork tongue" on occasion? or that he isn't a flawed person who can say things that come out wrong?

i will have good things to say about the team when there are good things to say about the team. meantime not one second of knicks basketball has been played and if i am skeptical-- "wait and see"-- why is that hating?

and if i take phil jackson to task why is that a problem for you or others? is he above reproach like carmelo anthony is?

your accusing me or others of hating or considering him a bum is a rhetorical blunder, a sophistical trick, that serves no purpose.

dk7th
USA
9/24/2014  11:40 PM
Dagger wrote:

Yup, some of them jump to criticize every little thing but take no joy in the positives. I don't know why they follow the team so closely when it seems like it's nothing but suffering for them. You just have to wonder why they invest so much time thinking about the Knicks when it seems they don't appreciate the things that make being a fan worthwhile.

what positives? they haven't played yet. come on!

F500ONE

9/24/2014  11:42 PM
I don't mind Phil trading Tyson and Felton

Just don't be a hypocrite and unprofessional

About it after the fact

His 2 explanations on the Steve Kerr situation

Very shaky at best

I do like his fundamental thinking levels

And commitment to stressing team basketball

knickscity
USA
9/25/2014  4:20 AM
dk7th wrote:
Dagger wrote:

what positives? they haven't played yet. come on!

This is the process where the jury is in recess. I know I've stated I dont have no real issues with the deals Phil has made, but I'm not pretending he hit home runs with it either.

It's ok for Phil to state this team doesnt have natural defenders, he can also state that JR Smith could be a lost cause.

Now let a fan say this.

Tyson can't let it go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy