[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KT being shopped
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
6/3/2004  8:46 PM
Posted by Vmart:

That deal involving KT for Malik and first round pick almost went through. The Spurs weren't able to get the deal done because the time constraints ran out on them. Pop was furious at himself and management for not being able to get Malik off the team. But the deal didn't go through not because of IT but the inability of Spurs to meet the deadline.

That deal was part of a larger complex deal that would have gotten the Knicks Weed but it fell through.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/3/2004  9:12 PM
Never heard anything about that....what were the specifics?
Posted by 1:

That deal was part of a larger complex deal that would have gotten the Knicks Weed but it fell through.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/4/2004  12:34 AM
Never heard anything about that....what were the specifics?
He keeps saying that even though no one else ever heard anything about it
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
6/4/2004  6:23 AM
i read about that too, but i can't post any link.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/4/2004  9:10 AM
Posted by TMS:

would you rather have Rahim or would you rather have Cato & a future 1st round pick? i guess i would take Rahim, but remember it's going to cost alot more to get him than just Kurt Thomas.

I haven't seen Cato play much - and Houston fans seem to really not like him - but I think I would rather do the Cato deal than the Rahim deal. First, you can slide Kato to the C spot and open some playing time for Sweets at the PF position. Second, you get an additional first round pick, which with the international players coming out could be a potential gem. Third, you get defense.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/4/2004  10:13 AM
good point...& like i said, it will take more to get Rahim in a deal than it would to get that Cato/pick for Kurt deal done.

i would rather do that deal as well w/that in mind...though if you could for argument's sake get either Cato & the pick or Rahim for JUST Kurt & garbage filler, i think i would take Rahim because of his ending contract & trade value in midseason when teams will be looking to dump salaries.

[Edited by - TMS on 06/04/2004 10:14:25]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/4/2004  10:20 AM
Posted by timmyTtop:
Posted by martin:
Posted by TMS:

trade him to Houston for Kelvin Cato & a future draft pick (throw in Trybanski as cap filler to even out the dollars)

interesting, I would do this. Rockets would probably do this cause Kurt is a good spot up shooter to match Yoa's post play. Also a tough defender. Cato would give the Knicks a weak side defender blocker. I like.

y do it when u may get reef for him?

You do a trade like that if you can't deal for Shareef. Van Gundy is trying to reinvent the Knicks so KT would be a good fit. Plus Yao is there and the could use KT on a switch to guard the center spot since he's a great low post defender.

San Antonio could use KT too. They need a guy that can knock down a perimeter jumper and get some pressure off of Duncan. Then maybe KT will be Dirty Kurty again since he wouldn't have to play as much minutes.

I think the Shareef trade is the first option and dumping him on one of the texas teams in the second option.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
KT being shopped

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy