[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks sign Orlando Sanchez
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/17/2014  3:37 PM
Looks like a camp deal....he's 26.

dude played one season in St Johns and he was on the Dominican national team but barely played.

He has the same skill set as basically all of our current forwards. Nothing special. He has an outside chance to make the team.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

9/17/2014  4:07 PM
Phil combed the bushes but misses the

Mark of signing a more known commodity

Let's hope he surprises, as does

Wear and Langston

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/17/2014  5:07 PM
EnySpree wrote:Looks like a camp deal....he's 26.

dude played one season in St Johns and he was on the Dominican national team but barely played.

He has the same skill set as basically all of our current forwards. Nothing special. He has an outside chance to make the team.

I've seen him play a lot at St. Johns. He's got decent faceup and athletic skills, but he's already 26. I'd like him more if he had more consistency shooting the three. He's a long shot, but I'd rather see him on the team than some retread like Earl Clarke.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/17/2014  5:53 PM
These signings aren't meant to impress. We go thru this every year. As it is Fish is gonna have work trying to decide on his rotation since we have so many similarly talented players. When you have a lot of role players that are pretty equal it makes it harder. Camp scrubs are needed and they don't threaten the better players. If one of these guys does well enough to stick GREAT, but it's not likely.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/17/2014  5:54 PM
It seems like the Knicks are trying to pay guys a little more than the 25 grand they can make on the d league team by giving them non guaranteed camp deals. The fact that they are being proactive in their approach to Westchester is great. Also, the Knicks can protect 5 guys from the d league draft that they invite to camp.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
9/17/2014  6:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:It seems like the Knicks are trying to pay guys a little more than the 25 grand they can make on the d league team by giving them non guaranteed camp deals. The fact that they are being proactive in their approach to Westchester is great. Also, the Knicks can protect 5 guys from the d league draft that they invite to camp.

Just underscores the improved direction since Phil. They seem to have more of a plan. Phil has his type of guys tho some may not see the players as sexy. In time we'll see how players fit in the D League and the big team.

It's almost like Phil sees the value of guys who are much like he was as a player. Guys that aren't stars but can play in a team concept. At least that's how I see some of his moves.

SJUknicksfan
Member: #5665

9/18/2014  12:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/18/2014  12:26 PM
Watched just about every St. John's game last season. Quite honestly, I'm surprised by this signing. He does many things well, but often looked lost on the court. He was a solid role player at SJU last season and has talent, but I'm not expecting much.

He's a 4 with above average speed, ball handling and athleticism for the position. His defense and decision making was very shaky at SJU, and that is why his minutes were limited. Has a solid mid range shot.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/18/2014  7:01 PM
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn · 38m
This Orlando Sanchez training camp invite has caught my interest. Stealth move by Phil we may not notice right away. #Knicks

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
9/18/2014  9:40 PM
Kinda like this guys skills to be honest. He seems like a PJax type of player. Well rounded if not spectacular. A guy you can see being good in a system like the Triangle.

Knicks sign Orlando Sanchez

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy