CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/16/2014  7:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Panos wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Dagger wrote:This is a joke, the writer of the article just googled Jason Smith and wrote things down that other Jason Smiths did...

Thank you captain obvious

Apparently, not obvious to everybody!

maybe I'm slow, but I see no joke in listing a bunch of BS made up stuff for the sake of attn.

The whole thing was from a Posting and Toasting article.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/16/2014  8:16 PM
OK so since now you guys very that it was meant to be a joke....scroll back and appreciate my jokes.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

9/16/2014  8:23 PM
Panos wrote:
callmened wrote:i actually encourage well rounded individuals - in any walk of life. It makes the more open minded and hopefully SMARTER

You know this is a joke, right?

HHAHAHAHA OK... that went over my head. lol

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
VCoug
Member: #1406

9/16/2014  8:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Panos wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Dagger wrote:This is a joke, the writer of the article just googled Jason Smith and wrote things down that other Jason Smiths did...

maybe I'm slow, but I see no joke in listing a bunch of BS made up stuff for the sake of attn.

It was a joke article written during the dead season of the NBA. Get a grip.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Dagger
Member: #4184

9/17/2014  12:46 AM
EnySpree wrote:

For something obvious it seems to have confused a lot of people.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/17/2014  8:23 AM
This thread should be locked, deleted and shredded. It gives the UK a worse name.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/17/2014  10:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/17/2014  10:01 AM
VCoug wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Panos wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

A grip? it would be ok if it was actually funny, considering most of us know very little about Jason Smith

ES
jrodmc
USA
9/17/2014  12:37 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Panos wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

A grip? it would be ok if it was actually funny, considering most of us know very little about Jason Smith

Dude, most of us know nothing about half the crap they post over there. Longspine snipe fish! Jose Calderone turning Cole into a ham!

I'm actually thankful to have something to read other than "This day in Knick History, Ken Bannister gets another facial wart installed"

VCoug
Member: #1406

9/17/2014  9:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Panos wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/17/2014  9:39 PM
Can he drop buckets?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
9/18/2014  10:35 AM
arkrud wrote:Can he drop buckets?

NEW YORK -- Whether it’s a spontaneous chat with Phil Jackson or the opportunity to showcase his game in the triangle, Jason Smith is downright giddy about being a Knick this coming season.

The Knicks’ signing of the 7-foot center flew under the radar in free agency. But a healthy Smith could prove to be one of Jackson’s better moves if the jump-shooting center fits in the triangle the way most think he can.

Smith can bury shots from the perimeter, block shots and be active around the glass. He’s eager to show what he can do now that he’s healthy.

“Good energy level, smart, savvy player,” Smith said when asked what he wants to show this season while making an appearance at Charity Day hosted by Cantor Fitzgerald and BGC Partners last Thursday. “Pick-and-pop jumper, 15-17 foot midrange jumper, really going out there and giving it my all, selfless player, will do anything to help the team win.”

Smith played in just 31 games last season, starting 27 of them. He had his knee scoped to clean out some floating particles and says he is ready to go for camp.

“Feeling great,” Smith said. “Body is feeling good. Can’t wait for the season to start.”

Smith averaged 9.7 points and 5.8 rebounds in 26.8 minutes last season. He shot 46.5 percent from the field. If he can stay healthy, Smith should see minutes at center with Samuel Dalembert. The two will have to help replace Tyson Chandler, who was traded to Dallas.

Smith may not be the tenacious defender, rebounder or shot blocker that Chandler is. But his ability to hit the mid-range jumper should be an asset in the triangle.

Smith said he hasn’t been told what his role will be exactly or who will start at center yet. In the meantime, he’s trying to get every nuance of the offense down.

“Kind of getting the grasp of the offense and how it goes, it has been great,” Smith said. “I think I am really grasping the concepts of it. The team that we have assembled this year, I think we are going to do great things.”

“As long as we play within the system and everybody buys into the system, that is what makes good teams great,” Smith added. “If we have everybody buy into it, we should be good.”

Smith certainly sounds like he has bought in. Smith described a recent chat with Jackson last week and how he tried to soak in everything Jackson had to say.

“Talking to Phil, he is such a fountain of knowledge,” Smith said. “You always want to make sure that you take everything in that he has to say. It has been great so far.”

Now this is what I want to hear and read..not some non funny joke about a guy name Jason smith

ES
Finestrg
Member: #1069

9/18/2014  11:41 AM
Better overall player -- Andrea Bargnani or Jason Smith?
knicks1248
9/18/2014  1:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/18/2014  1:01 PM
Finestrg wrote:Better overall player -- Andrea Bargnani or Jason Smith?

kinda hard to tell when they only play half a season

ES
jrodmc
USA
9/18/2014  1:24 PM
Well, Jason Smith is on track to be the next Pete Chilcutt, and AB is going to be the new Derek Strong.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/smithja02.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bargnan01.html

Given they both spend most of their time in suits, I'll take Andrea at twice the number of WinShares, for the overly bloated salary, Alex.

BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
9/18/2014  1:29 PM
I blame Carmelo.
https:// It's not so hard.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

9/19/2014  10:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2014  11:29 AM
Had to dig a little on youtube for these:

One word keeps coming to mind when I think about this guy's game -- QUALITY. I'm sorry but 7' Jason Smith over a K-Mart running on fumes is a HUGE UPGRADE.

Can't stop thinking about an Aldrich/Jason Smith/Melo frontcourt trio...I wanna see that configuation operate together A LOT. Everything we need -- big-time rebounding (out on a limb -- I think Cole Aldrich is an automatic double-double guy and possibly a league top-5 rebounder if he played enough), legit rim protection from the 2 bigs (twin towers effect), all-around solid/underrated play from Smith complementing possibly the best scorer in the league in Carmelo Anthony. What else do you really need? That frontcourt alignment could absolutely own it for long stretches at a time...Sprinkle in a healthy dose of Amar'e as the 3rd big with some Bargnani as needed (Bargs and Dalembert might be my odd men out to start off the season), our entire frontcourt as a whole is PLENTY GOOD when you think about it. Aldrich and Smith will need to be retained long-term. Foregone conclusion if there ever was one..

Question -- do we make a strategic effort to surpress both Aldrich and Smith this year somewhat in the hopes of keeping the pirce tag down for next summer? Or do we commit to playing both of these guys a lot this year and then cross that bridge when we get to it?

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

9/20/2014  4:59 AM
jason smith is a great guy
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Don't expect much from jason Smith, he's just to busy to think about basketball

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy