[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks going after Shareef-Abdur-Rahim....
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/31/2004  10:56 AM
or Camby
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/31/2004  11:01 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

People are not nearly as excited as you because Shareef struggles on defense

WTF man......get off that. He is a legit 20pts a night in the post. Who will guard him.

You gotta score to win....yeah you gotta make stops on defense but you still have to be able to outscore your opponent.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

5/31/2004  11:11 AM
Posted by TMS:

if you make this trade, you BETTER have a good defensive C to pair w/him...because Nazr is not a good defensive player, & Deke is way too old to be a major factor for most games...a Theo Ratliff, Erick Dampier or Mark Blount is essential to have if you do this trade imo.

Yup....I like the defensive potential of a Rahim, TT, and Nazr combo....all those guys have similiar builds, just one may be quicker than the other. That would be cool to run a switching style of play on defense.

Dampier shot blocking ability would be ideal though.

As far as playing Rahim at the 3 and benching Timmy.....please don't post stuff like that here again joec32033. Timmy earned his spot regardless of what you think.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/31/2004  11:31 AM
We have 0 to give Portland for Rahim because Rahim is better than any knick except Marbury and he is an ending contract. We have zero nada no chance of getting rahim.
RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree

5/31/2004  11:35 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

We have 0 to give Portland for Rahim because Rahim is better than any knick except Marbury and he is an ending contract. We have zero nada no chance of getting rahim.

Thanks for killing my high man....

You could be right.....and you definately are right about Rahim being the best player the Knicks would have besides Marbury.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/31/2004  12:41 PM
Rahim is SOOOO overrated its not even funny. He's never played in a winning situation and his 20/8 are the lowest impact I have ever seen in the league, not to mention he's just a bad defender. Talk about getting someone like Ray Allen for Rahim is a total joke. Rahim's past good numbers remind me of when KT was getting 15/10 a night at center.. at the same time he was a key part of the worst frontcourt in the NBA. Rahim can score and and he can rebound. So can the Mavs.

I agree with TMS, if you get Rahim to start at the 4 you better find a good defender at the 5 because we are getting killed there every night. If you think KMart made KT look silly wait till you see what he does to Reef.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
s3231
Member: #544
USA
5/31/2004  2:15 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
I'm not just saying that on a hunch, I just think Tim is gonna thrive here with Marbury and Houston (how many games has he even played with Houston so far, 1, 2?). Tim is in a very good situation here and he has always said he wants to play for the Knicks, thats why I think he is gonna have a very good season next year.
It's not the first time he's played with a good PG or SG. He's also played with Gary Payton, Sam Cassel, and Ray Allen

I never said it was his first time playing with a good PG or SG. However, Tim has always wanted to play for the Knicks and I think he will show that passion next season. This is different from the Bucks team he played with because even though he had a good PG and SG to play with in Milwaukee, he is now playing for his favorite team (just like Marbury). Thats why I think Tim is in a good situation here. He played well as a Knick this season despite coming to a new team mid-season and adjusting to a new coach, next year he will even be better.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
Member: #544
USA
5/31/2004  2:21 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Rahim is SOOOO overrated its not even funny. He's never played in a winning situation and his 20/8 are the lowest impact I have ever seen in the league, not to mention he's just a bad defender. Talk about getting someone like Ray Allen for Rahim is a total joke. Rahim's past good numbers remind me of when KT was getting 15/10 a night at center.. at the same time he was a key part of the worst frontcourt in the NBA. Rahim can score and and he can rebound. So can the Mavs.

I agree with TMS, if you get Rahim to start at the 4 you better find a good defender at the 5 because we are getting killed there every night. If you think KMart made KT look silly wait till you see what he does to Reef.

Thank you, thats what I have been saying all along. Rahim is a talented PF but he is not the star that everyone thinks he is. Some people here are saying that he is a scorer and that he will put up 20 and 8 on almost any team, thats complete BS. If he is a scorer then he would've put up at least 23 on the horrible Hawks team he was on last year. I'm not saying Rahim is a bad player because he is not. I would like to do this trade only because I think Rahim is worth more than KT, Othella, and Moochie but I wouldn't be estatic over the trade either because you lose a great deal of defense from the PF postition. If we somehow get Rahim, we better find a way to get Dampier here also because if we don't, then we will be a horrible defensive team. Remember, defense wins championships.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/31/2004  4:42 PM
Posted by fishmike:

You don't even like Rahim's $14.6 mil expiring contract?
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
5/31/2004  5:04 PM
Why would you not do this trade?

Not even considering Mooch and O... it's really just Kurt. We get more athletic and since when has Kurt's defense played a major role in our wins column? (I'm talking major). Face it we have no defense anyways so why not just pick up Rahim, see what he can do and if things don't pan out he can definitely get us more then what Kurt, Mooch and O could have together.

Isiah's slowly trimming the fat...
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/31/2004  8:52 PM
You don't even like Rahim's $14.6 mil expiring contract?

no no... you guys get me wrong. If we were to trade for Reef and give up nothing but Kurt and or expiring deals thats great, because Reef is a good player and fills a need on the Knicks, he can score in the box. And yes... he's a movable commodity at the very least. I would be very happy with Rahim as he gives us a lot of options moving forward. This notion that we have NOTHING because he's so great just cracks me up because he's not.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/31/2004  10:41 PM
Portland is in the same boat as the Knicks in terms of being so far over the cap that getting under isn't a possibility, so they must trade Abdur-Rahim.
BRIGGS We have 0 to give Portland for Rahim because Rahim is better than any knick except Marbury and he is an ending contract. We have zero nada no chance of getting rahim.

I love it. I'm sure that's what Sacramento thought last year when they traded career bench-warmer Scot Pollard for Brad Miller. Briggs, enough with your doomsday, prophesee-esque posts all the time. You can't read the future, so don't lecture the board about the Knicks have "zero, nada no chance" of getting a player when you have no clue. Please give it up.

The Knicks do lose a lot of defense with KT, but I think in the long run it makes them a better squad, becuase Abdur-Rahim is a definite upgrade over KT at the 4, and Moochie and Othella combined for literally nothing.
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/31/2004  10:51 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Portland is in the same boat as the Knicks in terms of being so far over the cap that getting under isn't a possibility, so they must trade Abdur-Rahim.

Except that they have about $60 mil in expiring contracts this year, which means that their boat is not even remotely similar to the Knicks'
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/31/2004  11:16 PM
You're right, didn't see that.

They'll have to resign Randolph and Miles and I guess they'll play 2 on 12 the rest of the season.
#Knickstaps
Knicks going after Shareef-Abdur-Rahim....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy