[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks going after Shareef-Abdur-Rahim....
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/29/2004  6:13 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by NYKDUNK:

But if we can get him for Othella, KT, and Moochie, I'll be ecstatic! Not because we acquire Rahim, but because we can get rid off Moochie!

You know, this is a good point. I was gonna put a little smack down on those who were suggesting trading Rahim for Kurt and fodder because of defensive reasons, but if Isiah can get rid of Moochie's contract and get Rahim and then trade him again for a better player, than I am all for it.

exactly, this is like turning Spoons fat azz into Rahim, that is a great deal within itself....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/29/2004  6:19 PM
stupid article because NY has nothing Portland would want. Rahim is a very good player in the right fit with an ending max contract. They could get far far better deals than any crp the Knicks would spew.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/29/2004  6:51 PM
I think Tim is gonna explode next season

It's definitely not the first offseason that fans said that about him!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/29/2004  8:35 PM
Posted by s3231:

I don't think Rahim would be our 2nd option here. IMO a healthy Houston would easily be our 2nd option. If Rahim comes here he would probably be our 3rd or 4th option (I think Tim is gonna explode next season). Rahim is very talented but the 20 points per game he put up was on a bad team so I would expect him to put up around 15 points a game on the Knicks where there are 3 other good scorers.

Man forget the first option, second option BS.....geez. I'm sick of hearing that. The game of basketball isn't played like that. If the Knicks had Rahim the offense still starts and ends with Marbury.

Then they would automatically run it through Rahim and Steph with TT scoring in the flow off of spot ups and slashes to the basket. Houston would eat off of everyone.

That would be freakin awesome!

You guys brought up Patterson too....yeah I would be pretty satisfied with him off the bench for Houston. Sweetney still on the team with Dampier starting and Nazr still on the team.....straight retarded.

this would be the ultimate Knick plan
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/30/2004  3:57 AM
I'd love to have Reef but only if we get a stopper to play center. Not Nazr!

Dampier would be nice..assuming he wasn't just playing for a contract. I don't think he was. I think he's just becoming a very good center. He's growing into one. Or we can try to get camby. Then we'll be super athletic!

C-Dampier/Camby
PF-Reef
SF-TT
SG-H20
PG-Marbury

sounds great!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/30/2004 03:58:51]
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
5/30/2004  9:23 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
I think Tim is gonna explode next season

It's definitely not the first offseason that fans said that about him!

I'm not just saying that on a hunch, I just think Tim is gonna thrive here with Marbury and Houston (how many games has he even played with Houston so far, 1, 2?). Tim is in a very good situation here and he has always said he wants to play for the Knicks, thats why I think he is gonna have a very good season next year.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
5/30/2004  9:26 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by s3231:

I don't think Rahim would be our 2nd option here. IMO a healthy Houston would easily be our 2nd option. If Rahim comes here he would probably be our 3rd or 4th option (I think Tim is gonna explode next season). Rahim is very talented but the 20 points per game he put up was on a bad team so I would expect him to put up around 15 points a game on the Knicks where there are 3 other good scorers.

Man forget the first option, second option BS.....geez. I'm sick of hearing that. The game of basketball isn't played like that. If the Knicks had Rahim the offense still starts and ends with Marbury.

Then they would automatically run it through Rahim and Steph with TT scoring in the flow off of spot ups and slashes to the basket. Houston would eat off of everyone.

That would be freakin awesome!

You guys brought up Patterson too....yeah I would be pretty satisfied with him off the bench for Houston. Sweetney still on the team with Dampier starting and Nazr still on the team.....straight retarded.

this would be the ultimate Knick plan

I'm not the one that brought up the first or second options, I was responding to someone else who said that Rahim would be the second option on this team. I never was a fan of calling players "options" on a team and I totally agree that the offense would still run through Marbury.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bonn1997
USA
5/30/2004  9:47 AM
I'm not just saying that on a hunch, I just think Tim is gonna thrive here with Marbury and Houston (how many games has he even played with Houston so far, 1, 2?). Tim is in a very good situation here and he has always said he wants to play for the Knicks, thats why I think he is gonna have a very good season next year.
It's not the first time he's played with a good PG or SG. He's also played with Gary Payton, Sam Cassel, and Ray Allen
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/30/2004  2:37 PM
Semantics guys. Second option means, second legitimate scorer. I.E. the guy we didn't have in the playoffs this year. Enough with the Shareef averaged 20 because he played on a bad team BS. A scorer is a scorer no matter where he plays. Shareef has the talent to put the ball in the ocean in a variety of ways, and he would do that here. The Knicks are not exactly world beaters anyway. Right now Shareef is a more consistent player than Tim and a more durable player than Houston. If acquired he'd be the 2nd mores reliable scorer on the Knicks...
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/30/2004  3:37 PM
if this trade happens- its going to be more like K Thomas, F Williams and O Harrington. Thats not bad value back to Portland.

F Williams trade value might never be higher.
Bonn1997
USA
5/30/2004  3:50 PM
Posted by franco12:

if this trade happens- its going to be more like K Thomas, F Williams and O Harrington. Thats not bad value back to Portland.

It was higher when he had that good stretch as a starter before Marbury came and it will be higher if he gets significant minutes next year. The three players you listed do not have even close to enough salary for the deal to work. You'd have to add at least one more player. And four for one deals are hard to do because the team getting four players has to have a lot of roster spots available or start cutting players. If this type of deal happens, I think there's a good chance Nazy will be involved.
EnySpree

5/30/2004  5:08 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Semantics guys. Second option means, second legitimate scorer. I.E. the guy we didn't have in the playoffs this year. Enough with the Shareef averaged 20 because he played on a bad team BS. A scorer is a scorer no matter where he plays. Shareef has the talent to put the ball in the ocean in a variety of ways, and he would do that here. The Knicks are not exactly world beaters anyway. Right now Shareef is a more consistent player than Tim and a more durable player than Houston. If acquired he'd be the 2nd mores reliable scorer on the Knicks...

I just hate hearing that second option 3rd option crap. Sprewell was saying it last night after they won. To me I think it's just a knock on your team if you are saying that if you don't score no one else will.

Like who is the second option on the Lakers? Who's the first option? They don't play like that. You have guys that can really score but they play in such a way that all of the players are involved in the offense. Sacramento and Dallas is like that too.

If you have an offense that for one play you go to say Marbury first everytime that makes the game stagnant. When he is off then you go to say TT? If that doesn't work you go to....that's dumb and that's why the Knicks can't get over the hump.

It's the reason why Orlando sucked last year. When you are just relying on one guy to score or a second guy the team tends to sit and watch.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

5/30/2004  5:14 PM
Posted by franco12:

New Jersey's rumored trade scares me a little cuz they are supposed to have Aaron Williams and Kittles going out for Shareef. Aaron Williams out plays KT and is more athletic. Kittles ain't the best but he brings defense, speed and depth to their back court.

The Knicks do have more ending contracts to send....so it's up in the air.

I think a line-up of Shareef, Martin, Collins, Kidd and Jefferson would be a big problem....a real big problem.....like it better not happen cause that is their missing piece.
VDesai
USA
5/30/2004  5:36 PM
The problem is the Knicks ending contracts are only equivalent or not much greater than the Ending contract of Kittles (which is about 10 million per). The problem is that the Nets also have Rogers and Harris who have expring deals, so all in all their expring deals will add up to more money than the Knicks expring deals. The best case scenario for us is that the Nets refuse to take Ruben Patterson, and that the Blazers insist Patterson be a part of any deal for Rahim. That's where we, being the NBA refuge for bad contract, come in. The trick here is that we can actually use Patterson, as we mentioned earlier.

The other kicker is that the Blazers have depth up front and might just not need Thomas. THey are looking for a shooting guard to split time with Anderson and Kittles fits that bill. However, what we have in our favor is that Portland needs a backup PG that can play 15-20 reliable minutes per game, as they only have Dickau and Omar Cook (very marginal young guys) behind Stoudamire. Norris might actually make sense for them, as he has been an effective backup in the western conference in years past. Who knows...they may actually like him. If not they'd probably be willing to listen if we sweeten the pot with Frank Williams.
VDesai
USA
5/30/2004  5:37 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by franco12:

New Jersey's rumored trade scares me a little cuz they are supposed to have Aaron Williams and Kittles going out for Shareef. Aaron Williams out plays KT and is more athletic. Kittles ain't the best but he brings defense, speed and depth to their back court.

The Knicks do have more ending contracts to send....so it's up in the air.

I think a line-up of Shareef, Martin, Collins, Kidd and Jefferson would be a big problem....a real big problem.....like it better not happen cause that is their missing piece.

And if they can add a shooter who can run and backup both guard spots effectively like Brent Barry, that'd be huge for them. They also will likely have Kristic, and he may be an upgrade over Jason Collins sooner rather than later.
Bonn1997
USA
5/30/2004  6:51 PM
Aaron Williams out plays KT
You can't be serious! Aaron is a 33 yr old career 6 PPG, 4 RPG player with not even half the defensive skills of Kurt. Even Scott Layden wouldn't say something like what you said.

If I owned the Blazers, I'd much rather get Kurt than Kittles UNLESS my goal was to get under the salary cap after this season, in which case I'd either do the Kittles trade or just keep Shareef.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/31/2004  12:41 AM
Im surprised most of you are not estatic of that rumer. If you believe in the "messiah", then your not seeing the big picture. Its not just about Rahim, but this guy is a freaking good guy 20-10 man whom has played with crap! This would be great, this guy becomes a huge piece in the chemistry pie.

With Marb feeding this guy, and Allan hanging in his spot, this guy is gonna light it up!

He is a character guy and much better than Sheed! For this team!
Bonn1997
USA
5/31/2004  12:48 AM
People are not nearly as excited as you because Shareef struggles on defense
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
5/31/2004  10:29 AM
Good news-We get rahim, I would move TT to the bench where he is best suited...

Bad News-We are getting Rahim, the same Rahim who has never been on a winning team in his NBA career (and somehoe after teams get rid of him they are suddenly on the rise...although that may be because he is not good enough to be a featured player)..

I would trade Allan Houston for Rahim straight up (if we are gonna get Crawford or Q).....I would do that KT, Mooch and Othella (all we are doing is getting rid of scrap), but I want to get Patterson....I would also only acquire Shareef to play the SF position....

EDampier/NMuhammed
MSweetney/VBaker
SARahim/TThomas/RPatterson
AHouston/PHardaway/RPatterson
SMarbury/FWilliams
~You can't run from who you are.~
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/31/2004  10:39 AM
if you make this trade, you BETTER have a good defensive C to pair w/him...because Nazr is not a good defensive player, & Deke is way too old to be a major factor for most games...a Theo Ratliff, Erick Dampier or Mark Blount is essential to have if you do this trade imo.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Knicks going after Shareef-Abdur-Rahim....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy