[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: iPhone/iWatch 6
Author Thread
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

9/9/2014  8:24 PM
yo i want it
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/10/2014  12:01 AM
after watching the keynote it seems like iWatch is the real show stealer. iPhone 6 plus... ho hum.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/10/2014  12:04 AM
I hear the iphone7 is a Land line
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/10/2014  1:35 AM
I've been using Apple Products for decades now. starting with Music Editing back in the day until this day with video editing and multimedia as well. Many desktops, laptops, iMacs, Mini, iPods and iPads. I've had all of the iPhones, and will be getting the 6. They are a big part of my life and have made things so much easier and integrated as an ecosystem. Some people dont get it but for me and my family its been great. I hope these new products are successful and there are no major glitches.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/10/2014  1:35 AM
I've been using Apple Products for decades now. starting with Music Editing back in the day until this day with video editing and multimedia as well. Many desktops, laptops, iMacs, Mini, iPods and iPads. I've had all of the iPhones, and will be getting the 6. They are a big part of my life and have made things so much easier and integrated as an ecosystem. Some people dont get it but for me and my family its been great. I hope these new products are successful and there are no major glitches.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/10/2014  2:05 AM
I like that they are quality and durable. Better battery life
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/10/2014  7:20 AM
If Apple Pay takes off it will be huge on the stock. Blows me away that so many try to trade it. The stock trading during the conference was incredible going up and down 4% while it went on!!! Thats nuts.

This company is not just a hardware seller anymore.

Nothing fancy but I own Google, Facebook, Apple and Cisco Systems stocks. They are the catagory killers in their respected business. Im not sure where facebook is heading or what they will morph into but its a crazy model they have. I invest in these companies not trade.

Apple products are not about the gadgetry which Galaxy tries to sell you on. They are very good machines in their own right and are good values. My 4s iPhone has been a stellar performer for the 3 years I have owned it. My apple products age better thru the 3 year cycle better than most. MY Laptop battery still is strong and while my OS is getting a bit dated, the machine also is amazingly reliable. Im a very satisfied customer.

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/10/2014  10:53 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I like that they are quality and durable. Better battery life

I got rid of my aging PC and got an iMac- mainly because I was fed up of Windows updates nearly every time I tried to switch off my computer (I can't leave the house until I'm sure the computer is off!), and the fact it kept crashing and getting slower over time. I have an iPad and iPhone- but I'm not as enamoured by apple as some people- they're okay products, I like that they are reliable, but I don't really find computers and things 'sexy'.

I don't get the point of this watch- you have to work it in conjunction with your iPhone, so whats the point? Why don't you just use your iPhone? And all this fitness app crap having a watch tell you what to eat and when to run and for how long- people becoming slaves to the machine!

Nalod
USA
9/10/2014  3:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I like that they are quality and durable. Better battery life

I got rid of my aging PC and got an iMac- mainly because I was fed up of Windows updates nearly every time I tried to switch off my computer (I can't leave the house until I'm sure the computer is off!), and the fact it kept crashing and getting slower over time. I have an iPad and iPhone- but I'm not as enamoured by apple as some people- they're okay products, I like that they are reliable, but I don't really find computers and things 'sexy'.

I don't get the point of this watch- you have to work it in conjunction with your iPhone, so whats the point? Why don't you just use your iPhone? And all this fitness app crap having a watch tell you what to eat and when to run and for how long- people becoming slaves to the machine!

The watch is not likely to revolutionize the industry as other innovations do. The fitbit kind of stuff is played out but heart monitor is a big thing to the fitness crowd and the biggest thing I am geeked out over.
WHat else will it do?

Personally I like my 4 inch screen but if I have a watch on I need not hold it in my hand or even keep it in my pocket, just keep it in my case or suit jacket. Not a big deal either way.
Perhaps the Apple Pay and being able to do that on the watch is potentially very big. Open locks to the house, hotel and car without taking out phone. Alziemers suffered with wearable GPS. Diabetic or Heart disease patient under duress while wearing it will be detected. None of these are things that can't be done on other machines or phones but its the integration and ease of opperation to the babyboomer who has the money to buy the watch and disposable income to pay for a premium service that goes with it. Thats why apple need not be "cool" to succeed. Iovine and Beats were added to bring some "cool" to the table but the game is changing. Its not about "which phone has more" but "Which service provides for my needs".

My 87 year old dad need not bother me to fix his stuff, he can stroll to the apple store and get it done. That gives him greater independance. His ipad and phone are integrated with each other and a retail store that can service him.

Nalod
USA
9/12/2014  10:12 AM
Nalod set his alarm, woke up at 3am to "upgrade device" from nearly 3 year old 4s (good machine still!!! no problems!) to "be the first on his block" for a new 6.

Got the silver color with 64gb. Verizon did not crash but it took about 20 minutes to get an order in.

Why 3am? Thats midnight in Cupertino! Its Apples world and its not on east coast time.

Why geek out and get one? Nalod is going to be out of the country in 4 weeks and I wanted to travel with it. My 4s is out of space. I figured if I don't get it sooner there might be a delay which is no problem really but I want it, want it working with some time to spare if it don't. I have another trip a few weeks after that and these things are great to travel with!

Have to say while the 20 min was a bit tough to wait at such an ungodly hour kudo's to Verison for not crashing and messing it up. The thought of waiting outside a Verison store like some bad Galaxy commercial did not appeal to me.
They say they will ship it out on the 17th.

Im sure the Galaxy has more features still but the way I look at it im upgrading from a 4s to a 6, and at some point in two years I'll upgrade again. I waited because the 5 or 5s was not enough advantage (to me) to do the upgrade.
Im very interested in the health app's and integration with the watch. The 5 and 5s will work with the watch btw.

Just an update. No big deal. Happier its friday.

Nalod
USA
9/19/2014  2:18 PM
iphone just got delivered to the house! they'll sell 10 million of them by weekend! Crazy!
smackeddog
9/19/2014  4:01 PM
Nalod wrote:iphone just got delivered to the house! they'll sell 10 million of them by weekend! Crazy!

I'm still on the iPhone 4!

Nalod
USA
9/20/2014  3:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:iphone just got delivered to the house! they'll sell 10 million of them by weekend! Crazy!

I was on the 4s.
The new 8.0 OS gives the 4s the 6 look. Im sure it slows it down.
Got mine configured in about 15 min and never had to visit verizon or Apple.

My impressions? Its not life changing but its an upgrade to what was already very good. Its not android vs Apple or any of that. There was never a question I would not continue as I am and have been very happy customer for years.

Are they over priced? Perhaps, but my shares of stock more than makes up for any price differential.

And I'll be getting the watch, and using ApplePay.

smackeddog
9/20/2014  4:41 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I was on the 4s.

My impressions? Its not life changing but its an upgrade to what was already very good. Its not android vs Apple or any of that. There was never a question I would not continue as I am and have been very happy customer for years.

Are they over priced? Perhaps, but my shares of stock more than makes up for any price differential.

Was it at the apple conference that they mentioned introducing technology that allows you to control home appliances with your phone? Not sure if I imagined it now! But I'd like to be able to switch the oven on with my phone on route home from work so my dinner is ready for when I step through the door. Also the heating- now that's some futuristic stuff they need to make happen!

OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
9/20/2014  8:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I was on the 4s.

Was it at the apple conference that they mentioned introducing technology that allows you to control home appliances with your phone? Not sure if I imagined it now! But I'd like to be able to switch the oven on with my phone on route home from work so my dinner is ready for when I step through the door. Also the heating- now that's some futuristic stuff they need to make happen!

Heating you can do with a Nest thermostat (now owned by Google and it has an app for apple and android I believe). They also sell smoke/carbon monoxide detectors that you can get info on your phone too but I hear they are somewhat buggy. The thermostat is legit though, designed by a former Apple engineer.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
9/20/2014  8:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/20/2014  8:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I was on the 4s.

I have had the 3G, the 4, 5, and just moved to the 6. I love the new screen, much easier to read. It's a slick phone, Apple always delivers the crack to keep you hooked.

UK looks awesome on this screen.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
OT: iPhone/iWatch 6

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy