Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/2/2004  2:26 PM
Posted by DaMano718:

Matchups

PG - Billups/Payton -- - Billups(Detroit)
SG - RIP / Kobe -- Kobe (LA)
SF - Prince /Fox/Rush -- Prince(Detoit)
PF - Rasheed / Malone -- Rasheed (Detroit)
C - Wallce / Shaq --- Shaq (LA)
Bench --- Bench (Detoit)
Coach -- Brown (Detoit)

based on the matchups... i think Detroit can really beat them... As long as Wallace can tame Shaq just a alittle, I think Detroit can really take them out...

Chauncy is just gonna **** on Payton, and embarras him once again...

i think you also have to factor in that the Lakers have been there & done that many times before...this is the first time for the Pistons as a team...the only one on the Pistons who's been to the Finals before is Rasheed & Coach Brown (sorry if i missed someone - not sure if Elden Campbell ever made it too, but he's a minor player anyway)

& i wouldn't say Rasheed has that big of an advantage over Malone in this series anyway, because you KNOW Malone is going to bring every last breath he has to win that ring he's wanted his entire career...he can still play imo.

& down the stretch, i think the Lakers have more guys who can make a big shot to win a game...they got Kobe, they got Shaq, they got Derek Fisher who can make a big shot as we all saw, & they got Payton, Malone, George, Fox, Russell & several others who can potentially make a big shot to win a game in the closing seconds...other than Rip, Chauncey or Lindsay Hunter i really don't see many guys on that team that can hurt you in the closing seconds.

i just don't see the Pistons as having enough offensive firepower to counter what the Lakers bring...they both play good defense, though the Pistons are definitely the better team overall in that regard.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
6/2/2004  11:35 PM
I was figuring the Pacers to beat the Pistons but this was before O'Neal got hurt and Artest got even more psycho. Can you believe him smacking Hamilton in the face like that with an elbow at such a crucial time. And then hoisting up a thirty footer when there was still plenty of time left? Carlisle is going to have to decide if he wants to keep this guy, with all his baggage. Would the Knicks even want him? Isiah loved him when he coached him and so who knows. Besides, his offensive game is kind of limited. Can't believe he also missed that dunk when he beat Ben to the hole. That would have been impressive but you have to finish. Clankers off the back rim are embarassing and deflating when they needed a hoop. He was definitely the goat of game six, and shared goat of the series with O'Neal who never plays big in big series.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/3/2004  3:57 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

How do you guys know that KObe will guard Rip and not Prince, while George guards Rip? George is athletic. He can keep up with Rip. That way, Kobe wont use as much energy on the defensive end. (Even though Prince is still good)

Are you kidding ? You think georges, whose mental lapses on d are well documented, could run after rip ? No chance he could do that otherwise rip would burn them for 30 every game.

Lakers seems to be unbeattable but they're more fragile than they look. Shaq don't shoot as much than in the past, payton is a name and no more, bench is crappy. Pistons can do it if they don't freeze because of pression.

TMS
USA
6/6/2004  10:43 PM
so far, after 1 half, Kobe has completely shut down Rip "I'm the best conditioned athlete in the NBA" Hamilton, & Shaq is completely unstoppable in the paint & makes "Big Ben" look pretty small in comparison.

but surprisingly, the Pistons are keeping the game close...i give them props for that, but in the end, i think Kobe will be the difference down the stretch as he oftentimes is.

& i think the Lakers having 2 big, physical G's like Payton & Kobe make the Pistons usual advantage at the G positions null & void, & they will have to win it w/their interior game, which doesn't compare at all w/the Lakers'
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
6/6/2004  11:55 PM
Game one: Diesel and Kobe got theirs and the rest of the team was on lockdown. Good lookin' out Larry, now go get 3 more
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
TMS
USA
6/6/2004  11:58 PM
i still say the lakers in 6...but the Pistons showed they came to play.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/7/2004  12:09 AM
Posted by TMS:

i still say the lakers in 6...but the Pistons showed they came to play.

I agree, a lot of people are getting excited with this win. The pistons played over their heads, I mean ben wallace hitting jumpers.. LOL.. yea right.... I would not be suprised at all to see the lakers win the next 4 in a row or at least 4 out of the next 5...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
6/7/2004  9:58 AM
not to mention i don't expect the Lakers to only get 7 points from Malone & Payton for the rest of the series & 9 more points from the rest of the bench either.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/7/2004  10:16 AM
Posted by TMS:

not to mention i don't expect the Lakers to only get 7 points from Malone & Payton for the rest of the series & 9 more points from the rest of the bench either.
It works both ways. I don't expect Rip to shoot 5 for 16 with six turnovers again either or Ben to get only 8 rebounds and 1 block in 41 minutes. Actually, only one Piston had a good game.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/07/2004 10:19:00]
TMS
USA
6/7/2004  10:42 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

It works both ways. I don't expect Rip to shoot 5 for 16 with six turnovers again either or Ben to get only 8 rebounds and 1 block in 41 minutes. Actually, only one Piston had a good game.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/07/2004 10:19:00]
Big Ben looked mighty small against Shaq the other night, you have to admit.
Bonn1997
USA
6/7/2004  10:48 AM
Yeah, that's why I'm very surprised the Pistons won. With the exception of Billups, I don't think the Pistons can play any worse than that.
TMS
USA
6/7/2004  12:01 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Yeah, that's why I'm very surprised the Pistons won. With the exception of Billups, I don't think the Pistons can play any worse than that.

i feel the same about the Lakers.
Bonn1997
USA
6/7/2004  8:17 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

i feel the same about the Lakers.

yup; most players on both teams had sub par games.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/8/2004  4:01 AM
yet the challengers won while playing without homecourt.

I'm pretty sure larry won't get toasted like last time.

go pistons !
Can East winner give Lakers a series?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy