[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Stick with the basics, Stick with the basics!
Author Thread
gfella2121
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #45
11/30/2001  12:55 PM
Everyone is so brainwashed by the media (particularly by Mike Lupica and ESPN) that because NYK lacks a superstar that it's time to trade every valuableresource to get a big dog. I totally disagree. Let's state the facts:

- NY is severely over the cap
- They lack size up front affecting rebounding
- They turn the ball over way too much (less as in past though) and they continue to get caught-up in 1/2 court sets, even though they have quick players
- Their freethrow percentage is horrible

With regards to cap space and size, I think we need to package a deal for a monster-size powerforward with the nothing else on his mind but getting rebounds. If possible keep Thomas as back-up and trade Othella and Weatherspoon and Ward or Eisley along with money or draft picks or both. I'm not a GM, so I don't know how, just pointing out the needs. I think Camby is adequate a Center. Yes that is not his natural position, but he's been starting for two years, and is our most consistent player when healthy and a hell of a shot blocker. He holds his own on defense considering his skinny frame. The big thing is to free-up cap space and take sacrifices to get rid of the expensive guys while plugging up the holes with adequate players. Freethrow % will get better (hopefully) as the season goes on. Turnovers. I have no clue how to fix that problem. I wonder if Van Stessdy has contemplated (after a trade obviously) going back to the Spree/Houston backcourt and starting Shandon, or if he got a Center move camby to small forward. Just a few thoughts.

Rebuilding is not option. You do not sign a $100M player, or waste talent with a team with a .500 win record. This is a quality team, with quality players and a quality coach. Centers are always a problem to get, just due to the lack of them in the league. With PG's, I don't see anybody currently that it's worth shaking up you team. Mark finally has the plays down and is the top 5 assist man in history.

And finally as NYK draft history has proven, bad idea. Let's not wait or scream for more Layden mistakes and let's develop our players.

PS - I love that Miami is worse than the BULLS. LOL, LOL, LOL
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/30/2001  2:16 PM
Posted by gfella2121:

Everyone is so brainwashed by the media (particularly by Mike Lupica and ESPN) that because NYK lacks a superstar that it's time to trade every valuableresource to get a big dog. I totally disagree. Let's state the facts:

- NY is severely over the cap
- They lack size up front affecting rebounding
- They turn the ball over way too much (less as in past though) and they continue to get caught-up in 1/2 court sets, even though they have quick players
- Their freethrow percentage is horrible

With regards to cap space and size, I think we need to package a deal for a monster-size powerforward with the nothing else on his mind but getting rebounds. If possible keep Thomas as back-up and trade Othella and Weatherspoon and Ward or Eisley along with money or draft picks or both. I'm not a GM, so I don't know how, just pointing out the needs. I think Camby is adequate a Center. Yes that is not his natural position, but he's been starting for two years, and is our most consistent player when healthy and a hell of a shot blocker. He holds his own on defense considering his skinny frame. The big thing is to free-up cap space and take sacrifices to get rid of the expensive guys while plugging up the holes with adequate players. Freethrow % will get better (hopefully) as the season goes on. Turnovers. I have no clue how to fix that problem. I wonder if Van Stessdy has contemplated (after a trade obviously) going back to the Spree/Houston backcourt and starting Shandon, or if he got a Center move camby to small forward. Just a few thoughts.

Rebuilding is not option. You do not sign a $100M player, or waste talent with a team with a .500 win record. This is a quality team, with quality players and a quality coach. Centers are always a problem to get, just due to the lack of them in the league. With PG's, I don't see anybody currently that it's worth shaking up you team. Mark finally has the plays down and is the top 5 assist man in history.

And finally as NYK draft history has proven, bad idea. Let's not wait or scream for more Layden mistakes and let's develop our players.

PS - I love that Miami is worse than the BULLS. LOL, LOL, LOL
Don't forget, we lost to the BULLS too. LOL, LOL, LOL - we're equally sad.

I personally don't understand Miami.

Mourning is playing, Grant is out (Gatling is in), they have Kendall Gill, Eddie Jone, Strickland. What's the problem?!
Dano
Member: #69
11/30/2001  2:50 PM
Sure we lost to the Bulls, but the Knicks find a way to lose to horrible teams during the regular season every year.

The problem with Miami is Pat Riley. He has overstayed his welcome.
His approach is stale and he burns his players out.

I take nothing but absolute happiness from the fact that Miami is so bad.
Stick with the basics, Stick with the basics!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy