[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Timberwolves have a scary roster
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
9/2/2014  2:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2014  2:06 PM
I think they are full of potential that could FIT together, though in a brutal conference

Philly has some talents, financial numbers, and many draft picks as well

Bobcats are actually one of the deeper or one of the deepest teams in the East

Orlando is my sleeper with Elfrid Payton being the glue as a triple double threat with a healthy Vucevic and Tobias Harris, in addition to Olindipo and vets in Frye/Gordon to space the floor
Though Affalo, at G/F, should have at least been their 6th man over Gorden at 3m more

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/2/2014  5:29 PM
RonRon wrote:I think they are full of potential that could FIT together, though in a brutal conference

Orlando is my sleeper with Elfrid Payton being the glue as a triple double threat with a healthy Vucevic and Tobias Harris, in addition to Olindipo and vets in Frye/Gordon to space the floor
Though Affalo, at G/F, should have at least been their 6th man over Gorden at 3m more

What about Wroton?

RonRon
9/2/2014  7:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
RonRon wrote:I think they are full of potential that could FIT together, though in a brutal conference

What about Wroton?

What about him?

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/2/2014  7:50 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The question is, who's next to want out?

They can't keep talent once they develop them, it's a never ending cycle. The last time they were relevant they had a nice veteran squad with the core being spree, KG, cassel.

Cassell was traded for Marko Jaric and Sprewell was too busy feeding his family to sign a new contract with them. The point is that neither guy was around when the Wolves went bellyup and in spite of that, KG still wanted to stick with the Wolves. He only relented after much prodding by McHale/Glen Taylor when they made it clear that they'd be rebuilding.

The most important factor for a player staying with a team is how competitive they are. OKC is far from an exotic location but KD, Westbrook and Ibaka had no problem staying. If the Wolves develop that kind of talent base, they wouldn't have to worry about their players leaving either.

Seems like there always rebuilding, whats going to happen with rubio when he calls for the max

More important, it's a long-term max contract to a non-elite player during a rebuild after Love is inevitably traded. Even with the floor, you can't tie up resources like that.

Now, this is posturing by the agent. Minnesota can resist that call and will have restricted free-agency rights to retain Rubio if he doesn't sign an extension at all. But even then, the most he could get offered is a four-year deal. Keeping good talent is hard for a team like Minnesota (obviously) but over-committing to a player not worth it is just as dangerous. Hopefully the real contract will wind up closer to Steph Curry's (underpaid on account of injury concerns at the time of signing) four-year, $44 million deal than the max, for Minnesota's sake.

ES
RonRon
9/2/2014  8:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2014  8:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The question is, who's next to want out?

They can't keep talent once they develop them, it's a never ending cycle. The last time they were relevant they had a nice veteran squad with the core being spree, KG, cassel.

Cassell was traded for Marko Jaric and Sprewell was too busy feeding his family to sign a new contract with them. The point is that neither guy was around when the Wolves went bellyup and in spite of that, KG still wanted to stick with the Wolves. He only relented after much prodding by McHale/Glen Taylor when they made it clear that they'd be rebuilding.

The most important factor for a player staying with a team is how competitive they are. OKC is far from an exotic location but KD, Westbrook and Ibaka had no problem staying. If the Wolves develop that kind of talent base, they wouldn't have to worry about their players leaving either.

Seems like there always rebuilding, whats going to happen with rubio when he calls for the max

More important, it's a long-term max contract to a non-elite player during a rebuild after Love is inevitably traded. Even with the floor, you can't tie up resources like that.

Now, this is posturing by the agent. Minnesota can resist that call and will have restricted free-agency rights to retain Rubio if he doesn't sign an extension at all. But even then, the most he could get offered is a four-year deal. Keeping good talent is hard for a team like Minnesota (obviously) but over-committing to a player not worth it is just as dangerous. Hopefully the real contract will wind up closer to Steph Curry's (underpaid on account of injury concerns at the time of signing) four-year, $44 million deal than the max, for Minnesota's sake.

Agree about Rubio's contract, think he qualifies for a contract from 10-12m per year, NOT A MAX talent though
Even with a healhty Rhondo, I don't think he is a MAX player either
There could be many PG's available in the summer but in the Triangle, we don't need a BIG TIME PG, while using the cap space in other area's
But if needed, I would prefer Bledsoe at a near max contract but preffering to better use our cap space

With Love gone, this year, it would be Rubio/Pekovic's team along with the development in Wiggons/Lavine as their FUTURE leaders, possibly one of the most dynamic duo's in a couple of seasons if they reach their potential
They must be able to play on and off the ball, along with improved 3pt shooting with Lavine/Wiggons, but both have ALL STAR potential
With Rubio pushing the tempo, their young squad, along with a PF like Thad Young, it will be LOB CITY Part Deux

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/2/2014  11:08 PM
RonRon wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What about Wroton?

What about him?

Should Minny try to get him?

Timberwolves have a scary roster

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy