[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Timberwolves have a scary roster
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/1/2014  9:02 AM
They have Thaddeus, Kevin Martin, Pekovic, Rubio, Corey Brewer, Mo williams, Barea, Budinger, and Turiaf as their vets....

Mix that in with an extremely talented group of rookie, second year talent in Bennett, Wiggins, Levine, Muhammed, and Dieng....These guys could end up being their starting 5 in a few years. Super potential in this group.

woo man that's scary talent and potential. Their veterans ate all still young too and the older ones are young spirits...so the mix of personality makes for a close group.

It's funny how the ball bounces but this team looks to be must see going forward...rubio, thadd, Martin and Pekovic all have good trade value around the league too if they wanted to shed salary and Keep stockpiling youth. Either way they are looking very scary

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
NYY1NYK2
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3067

9/1/2014  10:18 AM
budinger is never healthy
Bennett is trash, clearly a throw in

Dont have them in the top 8 in the west, sorry

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/1/2014  11:07 AM
NYY1NYK2 wrote:budinger is never healthy

Rome wasn't built in one day. He clearly wasn't suggesting that they'd be good next season. What he was suggesting is that they have a future, which they certainly do. Personally though, I think they should trade their veterans for more picks and young players because Wiggins, LaVine, Dieng and maybe Rubio are all that matter.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/1/2014  12:24 PM
NYY1NYK2 wrote:budinger is never healthy

It not about what it is, its what it can be.

I doubt they make the playoffs either, but wiggins "could" be a big thing in a few years, Bennett is 21 years old, 6-8 and clearly had one of the worst rookies seasons for a no. 1 pick last year.

You ready to call him a career bust?

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/1/2014  12:26 PM
The question is, who's next to want out?

They can't keep talent once they develop them, it's a never ending cycle. The last time they were relevant they had a nice veteran squad with the core being spree, KG, cassel.

ES
Nalod
USA
9/1/2014  12:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2014  1:03 PM
KG played 12 season with the Wolves.

12 seasons.

He didn't want to leave, but he didn't want to "rebuild" again.

Marbury was an idiot and wanted "his own team'.

Who wants out next? Love has that 5th year on his deal we not talking about him this year.
Not every team is bound to fail forever because they have in the past.

We all laughed at the grizz when they traded Pau.

Martin won't be around much longer, and I can imagine its about a core going forward.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/1/2014  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2014  3:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:The question is, who's next to want out?

They can't keep talent once they develop them, it's a never ending cycle. The last time they were relevant they had a nice veteran squad with the core being spree, KG, cassel.

Cassell was traded for Marko Jaric and Sprewell was too busy feeding his family to sign a new contract with them. The point is that neither guy was around when the Wolves went bellyup and in spite of that, KG still wanted to stick with the Wolves. He only relented after much prodding by McHale/Glen Taylor when they made it clear that they'd be rebuilding.

The most important factor for a player staying with a team is how competitive they are. OKC is far from an exotic location but KD, Westbrook and Ibaka had no problem staying. If the Wolves develop that kind of talent base, they wouldn't have to worry about their players leaving either.

F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

9/1/2014  4:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2014  4:32 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
EnySpree wrote:They have Thaddeus, Kevin Martin, Pekovic, Rubio, Corey Brewer, Mo williams, Barea, Budinger, and Turiaf as their vets....

Mix that in with an extremely talented group of rookie, second year talent in Bennett, Wiggins, Levine, Muhammed, and Dieng....These guys could end up being their starting 5 in a few years. Super potential in this group.

woo man that's scary talent and potential. Their veterans ate all still young too and the older ones are young spirits...so the mix of personality makes for a close group.

It's funny how the ball bounces but this team looks to be must see going forward...rubio, thadd, Martin and Pekovic all have good trade value around the league too if they wanted to shed salary and Keep stockpiling youth. Either way they are looking very scary

IMHO, a huge factor for that team right now is whether Zach LaVine will end up panning out or not.

If both Wiggins and LaVine both meet and exceed expectations, the T Wolves could have two elite wings from the same draft. I'm not sure I'd take LaVine over Ennis and/or Warren though ( players grabbed by the Suns) But that's the beauty of the draft, you won't know for sure until it all happens on the court.

Big fan of Gorgui Dieng, I think he's only scratched the surface.

Bennett is going to be hard to say, he's a tweener but he's got a nice skill set if he can further develop it.

Rubio is as good as gone. Can't shoot long range and seems to want a max deal. Probably best for both parties for him to move on.

Aside from Wiggins, that defense doesn't look very good. Martin is a millstone of a contract, too bad they couldn't leverage him out in the Love deal, though they probably tried.

Muhammed, you can only hope he turns it around, but right now, current showing isn't looking so good.

Given where they were, I think they did a great job to get Wiggins and try to reload young. But they are under a lot of pressure to keep making hits in the draft ( no elite free agent is dying to go live in Minnesota)

Interesting mix of players but I think they'd be better off long term dumping their veterans now, for whatever they can get. ( Maybe Sacto is the only team that's dumb/crazy enough to take Martin..again)

Situations like this really highlight the question of NBA draft/lottery reform. As this is a team that could try to win games now, but the system in place makes mass losing right now a better long term proposition.

Yeah would have loved to get our hands on Ennis

I also liked McDermott-Exum-Grant

Minnesota may be on to something

I think the other 2 rosters who are going to erupt in 2yrs

Philly and Orlando, their young talent///// skies the limit

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/1/2014  7:20 PM
It would not surprise me if Lavine ends up as being the superstar from the last draft. They have good athletic players at almost every position but they are young
RIP Crushalot😞
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

9/1/2014  8:33 PM
It's not about the summation of individual talent,

It's about how the pieces fit together with respect to each other.

Wolves are hodge podge collective of stars all shooting in different directions.

Capital is there to make good moves that can build a team but hey don't have a team at the moment

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
9/1/2014  8:38 PM
^A team with a Pekovic is an instant championship contender. I know you agree
Nalod
USA
9/1/2014  10:00 PM
Bennet is 6-8, 250lbs.....is that a tweener these days?
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

9/1/2014  10:13 PM
PG Rubio
SG Martin
SF BWiggins
PF DIeng
C Pekovic

PG Barea (could be moved though)
SG Brewer
SF Young
PF Bennett
C Turiaf

Great young potential. Ive always like FLip as a coach..if he can teach these young pups, they will be good soon.

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
9/1/2014  10:16 PM
Nalod wrote:Bennet is 6-8, 250lbs.....is that a tweener these days?

Yea tweener to me is a PF in a SF's body. Or a SG in a PG BODY LIKE JAMAL CRAWFORD used to be. I guess the definition of a tweener has changed over the years

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/2/2014  8:28 AM
gunsnewing wrote:^A team with a Pekovic is an instant championship contender. I know you agree

Add Ronnie Turiaf to that equation and how come we are even going through with this farce of a season? Give them the trophy now. No need to play the games.

EnySpree, you made me laugh early on Tuesday morning at work. I thank you.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/2/2014  12:19 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

Yea tweener to me is a PF in a SF's body. Or a SG in a PG BODY LIKE JAMAL CRAWFORD used to be. I guess the definition of a tweener has changed over the years

I don't think he is a tweener. I think he is an undersized PF.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/2/2014  12:39 PM
maybe a paper powerhouse but I don't even see that
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
9/2/2014  1:18 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I don't think he is a tweener. I think he is an undersized PF.

a 21 year old 6-8 250 is undersized? Got a 7-1 wingspan.

I'd label him a project but not a long shot and not a bust.
Somebody saw something that made him a no. 1 pick. if the kids asthma is controllable he can get back into shape and perhaps fulfill his potential. If either Wiggins or him can, its a great trade for them.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/2/2014  1:20 PM
Hey, and they've sold 300 more full season tickets than the last record-breaking ticket selling Wolves season!
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/08/30/timberwolves-set-record-after-moving-love.ap/index.html

"I can't hardly get 20 steps without someone stopping me and saying, `Hey Mr. Taylor, we're really excited about your team,"' owner Glen Taylor said at the fair. "So I see the enthusiasm among our fans to watch these players. Now, maybe it will be a dunk contest here for a while, but, we certainly have some athletic young men."

Even the fans believe this is the best season since they signed....Rubio!

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
9/2/2014  1:41 PM
you're not doing much at 6'7"-6'8" as a PF in the NBA. There's a handful of guys that overcame that, but a nearly infinite list of guys that didn't. Anthony Bennett is no Larry Johnson...
Timberwolves have a scary roster

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy