[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

FIBA World Cup
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/4/2014  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/4/2014  10:11 AM
VDesai wrote:I think part of the appeal with Balkman is he has a screw loose. You need a wildcard out there sometimes. Anyway I don't think he had any episodes like that in the NCAA or NBA, and I do think his teammate kinda stepped to him (not excusing him, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing he did).

The guy was always reasonably productive when he played for us. He can't shoot, but man he can be a game changer with defensive energy occasionally. Guys like him and Jerome Williams are the prototype 15 mpg energizer types. You use those guys to change the momentum of the game because they throw their body around, create stops/turnovers...the types of players that spark a comeback or help you stop a run.

Anyway I think Balk played well in this tournament. I guess he'll end up playing overseas somewhere.

We must be watching 2 different clips. First he went after the ref. He touched the ref and swiped at the refs arm when the ref told him to calm down and go away. This is normal stuff on how refs react, actually he could have been thrown out right there. Then his coach tried to calm him down and he pushed his own coach. Then his teammates tried to calm the ref and get in between them. Teammates also tried to get in front of Balkman to calm him down. He then pushed his own teammate which his teammate in turn pushed back. Balkman then put his hands on his teammates neck ala Sprewell. The only time he calmed down was when the import liason/bodyguard told him to stop and started tugging on his shirt to leave the court. Yet, you guys are saying that this is normal behavior? I must be getting old.

FYI. I was a big Balkman fan. I love high energy guys. I actually thought he would have been good in SSOL but alas...he can't shoot.

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
USA
9/4/2014  4:45 PM
Kyrie Irving took a nasty fall.
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
9/7/2014  12:16 PM
Kinda telling that there was a LOT more communication and fire in the Fifa World Cup threat a couple of weeks ago!
Man you guys really dont care about international bball hm?!
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/7/2014  1:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/7/2014  1:56 PM
dodger78 wrote:Kinda telling that there was a LOT more communication and fire in the Fifa World Cup threat a couple of weeks ago!

There is nothing interesting about watching Team USA demolish JV teams by 30 points, give or take. It's like watching a movie that you already know the ending to. That and there is nothing compelling about watching an opposing team where Francisco Garcia is the best player.

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
9/7/2014  7:23 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
dodger78 wrote:Kinda telling that there was a LOT more communication and fire in the Fifa World Cup threat a couple of weeks ago!

There is nothing interesting about watching Team USA demolish JV teams by 30 points, give or take. It's like watching a movie that you already know the ending to. That and there is nothing compelling about watching an opposing team where Francisco Garcia is the best player.

You know there is other teams playing ball as well right?
Spain plays some good ball... as is Greece for example.
The US group games were nothing special. I give you that but I do like watching good bball...

H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

9/7/2014  11:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/7/2014  11:03 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

Spain has a really good squad: Both Gasol brothers, Ibaka, Rubio and several other guys who have and/or def could play in the NBA.

Beating them is not going to be a cakewalk.

NardDogNation

9/8/2014  12:55 AM
dodger78 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

You know there is other teams playing ball as well right?
Spain plays some good ball... as is Greece for example.
The US group games were nothing special. I give you that but I do like watching good bball...

I'm aware of the fact that multiple teams are involved in the tournament; thank you for clarifying though. Even so, they all are playing 2nd fiddle to the USA team, which makes me uninterested in FIBA unless some foreign prospect is involved.

NardDogNation

9/8/2014  1:02 AM
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Spain has a really good squad: Both Gasol brothers, Ibaka, Rubio and several other guys who have and/or def could play in the NBA.

Didn't we beat them by 30 the last time we played them? They are the best the world can offer but they are still lightyears behind us.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

9/8/2014  1:39 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Didn't we beat them by 30 the last time we played them? They are the best the world can offer but they are still lightyears behind us.

by 7 in the last olympic games, 107-100 in the gold medal game

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

9/8/2014  1:40 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

7 points isn't what i would call lightyears

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NYKBocker
USA
9/8/2014  10:03 AM
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

They also have some ex-NBA players Sergio Rodriguez and Rudy Fernandez. They have our own Calderon. They also have that european top player LLull that will play for the Rockets this year. They have a stacked squad. Our bigs will have a hard time guarding Pao in the post.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/8/2014  10:16 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

They also have some ex-NBA players Sergio Rodriguez and Rudy Fernandez. They have our own Calderon. They also have that european top player LLull that will play for the Rockets this year. They have a stacked squad. Our bigs will have a hard time guarding Pao in the post.

Juan Carlos Navarro.

Played in the NBA and has three names. Don't mess with dudes with one name, or more than two.

H1AND1

9/8/2014  11:44 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I'm being totally serious: It's not a guarantee at all that the US will cakewalk over Spain in the final. Spain actually has a very good chance to beat the US. Don't forget also that Spain has home court! That crowd will be going wild. It's going to be a great game mark my words.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/9/2014  10:49 PM
I haven't watched much of this when is the finals?
NardDogNation

9/9/2014  11:00 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

7 points isn't what i would call lightyears

Cool. We'll still rain freedom down on those bitches. 'Muerica!

NardDogNation

9/9/2014  11:01 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I'm being totally serious: It's not a guarantee at all that the US will cakewalk over Spain in the final. Spain actually has a very good chance to beat the US. Don't forget also that Spain has home court! That crowd will be going wild. It's going to be a great game mark my words.

Looks like someone is a commie-lover, lol.

H1AND1

9/10/2014  6:27 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

LOL! To be honest I haven't watched FIBA at all for the reasons you mentioned above but am looking forward to the eventual Spain-USA final as that should be a good game.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/10/2014  10:39 AM
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

LOL! To be honest I haven't watched FIBA at all for the reasons you mentioned above but am looking forward to the eventual Spain-USA final as that should be a good game.

Yea I might watch that game too

skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
9/10/2014  5:37 PM
Spain vs France is a really good game... No reason to whine about a lack of quality ball these days!
Legalize di NBA
NardDogNation

9/10/2014  5:39 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Yeah, I was just goofing around. I'm definitely going to watch that game (at some point) but I don't particularly care about the rest of the tournament.

FIBA World Cup

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy