[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

FIBA World Cup
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/2/2014  3:41 PM
VDesai wrote:I'm telling you guys, Renaldo Balkman was a force out there. I still think he can play in the NBA as a Junkyard Dog type. I like Quincy Acy, but other than age, I'm not sure what separates him from a guy like Balkman. I guess Balkman really did smoke up too much.

Something is wrong with that dude. I used to be a fan but his last actions as a pro player was disgusting.

He was banned for life in the Philippines. Funny thing is that Puerto Rico is playing the Philippines tomorrow. It will be interesting.

AUTOADVERT
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

9/3/2014  4:59 AM
Balkmann has holes in his brain from heavy marijuana abuse, he is not in strong mental health
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Swishfm3
Member: #392
9/3/2014  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2014  10:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDucvQYlWj4

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/3/2014  10:20 AM
THat was awesome!!!!!!

Better than hugging each other or this:

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/3/2014  10:52 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDucvQYlWj4

Ha, Rose, Harden and Faried's faces!

NYKBocker
USA
9/3/2014  3:25 PM
Another awesome game from the Philippines. Unfortunately, the lost again vs Puerto Rico. Blatche is the MVP in the tournament. Philippines knocked out. JJ Barrea is fun to watch even though I hate the Ainge type complaining on every play he is on. I think the Philppines is back in international competition. They just need to get their taller bigs to play better. Very hard to win when your PF is 6'5".

They do have some filipino-american players coming up in the next international competitions. Jordan Clarkson who was a UK favorite on draft day might suit up and same with that PG from LIU Brooklyn Jason Brickman who led the NCAA D1 in assists the last 2 years.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

9/3/2014  3:49 PM
Philippines balling something else, it's good to see they are now real dogs on world stage. The country loves its hoops and I expect the, to be a player from here on.
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NYKBocker
USA
9/3/2014  3:55 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:Philippines balling something else, it's good to see they are now real dogs on world stage. The country loves its hoops and I expect the, to be a player from here on.

Absolutely! I was born there and moved to the states when I was 14. All I can remember is how basketball crazy it is over there. It is the national sport. Weird considering the average height for males is 5' 4.5". They have the first professional basketball league in Asia and is the second oldest continuously existing in the world after the NBA.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/3/2014  4:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2014  4:12 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
VDesai wrote:I'm telling you guys, Renaldo Balkman was a force out there. I still think he can play in the NBA as a Junkyard Dog type. I like Quincy Acy, but other than age, I'm not sure what separates him from a guy like Balkman. I guess Balkman really did smoke up too much.

Something is wrong with that dude. I used to be a fan but his last actions as a pro player was disgusting.

He was banned for life in the Philippines. Funny thing is that Puerto Rico is playing the Philippines tomorrow. It will be interesting.

He shoved a guy. Big deal (end sarcasm). Is that the worst you've ever seen as a New York City native (I'm presuming)?

NardDogNation

9/3/2014  4:14 PM

I've thought the same. I'm not sure why NBA teams have turned a blind eye to him. Even with the Nuggets, I thought he was a surefire NBA player. He is a victim of people focusing too much on what he can't do (shoot the ball) instead of what he can do (literally everything else).

NYKBocker
USA
9/3/2014  4:14 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

He shoved a guy. Big deal (end sarcasm). Is that the worst you've ever seen as a New York City native (I'm presuming)?

Did you watch the whole thing? He also tried to choke 1 of his teammates.

NardDogNation

9/3/2014  4:19 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

...this was after a number of dudes grabbed him and tried restraining him, when there was no need for it. Hell, even the teammate he choked, shoved him beforehand. The proper thing to do in that situation, was to let him vent and try to talk him down. But trying to rangle an already angry dude only helps to agitate him more, ESPECIALLY if he's got size and weight on you. That's basic guy code.

NYKBocker
USA
9/3/2014  4:29 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

...this was after a number of dudes grabbed him and tried restraining him, when there was no need for it. Hell, even the teammate he choked, shoved him beforehand. The proper thing to do in that situation, was to let him vent and try to talk him down. But trying to rangle an already angry dude only helps to agitate him more, ESPECIALLY if he's got size and weight on you. That's basic guy code.

Wow. OK. You win.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/3/2014  4:32 PM
Speechless after that video
NardDogNation

9/3/2014  4:45 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Wow. OK. You win.

Dude, whatever. I was just trying to make a point. Its kind of an overreaction to live in a city like New York and be completely perturbed by one guy choking another guy. I went to a "good school" in junior high school (Brooklyn) and saw one kid get clocked by another kid who had a chain wrapped around his fist. To my knowledge, **** like that is pretty status quo.

Michael6835
Member: #828
9/3/2014  5:00 PM

WTF, this reminded me of the Ginyu Force!

M
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/3/2014  5:03 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

I've thought the same. I'm not sure why NBA teams have turned a blind eye to him. Even with the Nuggets, I thought he was a surefire NBA player. He is a victim of people focusing too much on what he can't do (shoot the ball) instead of what he can do (literally everything else).

It was always the issue of effort with him. When he tries hard and is motivated, he can contribute. Unfortunately he also had long bouts of being disengaged, and he's useless when not playing with a high motor.

NardDogNation

9/3/2014  5:56 PM
Michael6835 wrote:

WTF, this reminded me of the Ginyu Force!

LOL, I could see that connection. Man I miss the DBZ days! I hated the Freeza series but loved the Cell saga.

NardDogNation

9/3/2014  5:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

It was always the issue of effort with him. When he tries hard and is motivated, he can contribute. Unfortunately he also had long bouts of being disengaged, and he's useless when not playing with a high motor.

That could be the case. I don't know. As a Knick, he seemed to play just fine and end up on the bench for an extended period of time. But does seem like he has his moments. I'm sure that wouldn't endear him to people in decision making positions.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
9/4/2014  12:51 AM
I think part of the appeal with Balkman is he has a screw loose. You need a wildcard out there sometimes. Anyway I don't think he had any episodes like that in the NCAA or NBA, and I do think his teammate kinda stepped to him (not excusing him, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing he did).

The guy was always reasonably productive when he played for us. He can't shoot, but man he can be a game changer with defensive energy occasionally. Guys like him and Jerome Williams are the prototype 15 mpg energizer types. You use those guys to change the momentum of the game because they throw their body around, create stops/turnovers...the types of players that spark a comeback or help you stop a run.

Anyway I think Balk played well in this tournament. I guess he'll end up playing overseas somewhere.

FIBA World Cup

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy