[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

RONDO not re-signing
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/31/2014  12:31 PM
Rajon Rondo has informed the Boston Celtics that he "wants out," according to a report.

Rondo has indicated that he will not re-sign with the Celtics in 2015 and that he would not re-sign with the Sacramento Kings, who have been linked to the point guard, either.

He's probably worthless in a triangle, but he does bring defense, rebounding, and could pass to almost anyone cutting to the basket.

I wonder what it would take.

ES
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

8/31/2014  1:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Rajon Rondo has informed the Boston Celtics that he "wants out," according to a report.

Rondo has indicated that he will not re-sign with the Celtics in 2015 and that he would not re-sign with the Sacramento Kings, who have been linked to the point guard, either.

He's probably worthless in a triangle, but he does bring defense, rebounding, and could pass to almost anyone cutting to the basket.

not happening unless he is a free agent because we have no assets
knicks1248
8/31/2014  2:11 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Well the pg position in the NBA is pretty set throughout the league, there won't be a lot to takers, or teams willing to give up a lot.

ES
F500ONE
Member: #5844

8/31/2014  2:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Well the pg position in the NBA is pretty set throughout the league, there won't be a lot to takers, or teams willing to give up a lot.

Rockets
Pacers
Heat
Pistons
Bucks
Suns
Mavericks

Could all be in the market for a point guard after this season

Celtics will also want to dump salary

Wallace and Bass and possibly Green

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/31/2014  2:46 PM
Rockets would be a bad place for him. He can't shoot and Dwight/Harden needs shooters
F500ONE

8/31/2014  2:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/31/2014  2:57 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Rockets would be a bad place for him. He can't shoot and Dwight/Harden needs shooters

I don't think they need a shooting point guard

Dwight won with Jameer, I wouldn't actually call him a shooter[although he had some good yrs shooting]

Harden would probably play off ball more with Rondo there

Rondo is a better offensive orchestrator than what they've had

He also knows how to get to the rim

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/31/2014  3:20 PM
Ainge had offerd for this guy before he blew out the knee. Its long rumored that Doc did not get along with him but Ainge is a shrewd trader but this time held too long.

We passed him in the draft but he was great because he got on the Kg-pierce-Ray Team. IN NY we would have melted him down. He needed the leadership and a strong coach.

Ainge has to trade him but the question about the knee remains. AN athletic freak needs all his powers. He loses a step he is average. Then the question of where he resigns, and he is freaking headcase.

Nalod not a Rondo fan.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
8/31/2014  3:21 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Rockets would be a bad place for him. He can't shoot and Dwight/Harden needs shooters

Rondo provides defense, rebounding and another player crafty enough to get into the lane to score, and Rondo certain would feed Dwight the ball. Ironically Rondo's career % on midrange shots is over 40%, he has improved his shooting a ton. His issue is he doesnt take them, but that isnt a bad issue to have when you can do other things.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/31/2014  3:25 PM
Rondo and Dwight would be a great pair of personalities!!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/31/2014  8:12 PM
Nalod wrote:Ainge had offerd for this guy before he blew out the knee. Its long rumored that Doc did not get along with him but Ainge is a shrewd trader but this time held too long.

We passed him in the draft but he was great because he got on the Kg-pierce-Ray Team. IN NY we would have melted him down. He needed the leadership and a strong coach.

Ainge has to trade him but the question about the knee remains. AN athletic freak needs all his powers. He loses a step he is average. Then the question of where he resigns, and he is freaking headcase.

Nalod not a Rondo fan.

Pretty much agree. I did read or hear that Rondo tired of being the little brother to the Celtic big 3. I also heard that he took a leadership roe with young players in Boston. He has won a title and has spent mst of hs career around hofs.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
RonRon
Member: #246
8/31/2014  9:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/31/2014  9:11 PM
I personally think it is actually challenging building a TEAM with Rhondo's inabilities, market price, and a risk with his major injury
With Rhondo, I believe you MUST have 4 other players that could SCORE and SHOOT, probably ALL capable of hitting 3pters in order to open the lane for Rhondo to drive

Which brings me to my other point, for a STARTING PG in the Triangle, the penetration is taken away from the post up, that he used to initiate the OFFENSE
Don't get me wrong, if you have great ball handlers, speed/quickness, and athleticism/ability to finish like Jordan/Pippen did, even a young Kobe, there will be a way to adjust to it
However we don't have such players and have a salary cap

I would like to get

1- Tony Wroten (could be the change of pace PG/SG) or a starter to go with Calderon, playing a Lance Stephenson type role if he can improve his 3pt shot

2- Jeff Green as SG, G/F

3- A SF/PF that compliments CA on both OFF and DEF, he must be skilled and versatile, with the ability to score both inside and out effectively, and defend 3-4 positions
I think Rudy Gay at SF/PF could be such a player, like JR Smith, he has all the physical tools to be a ALL STAR, and his potential/ceiling is comparable to #1 pick Wiggons
Of course it comes down to price, I would only be interested in the 5-12m (max, preferablly 8m or less)
Paul Millsap would be my plan be

I would resign Kmart to a 2 year deal with a TEAM option (non guaranteed) at the max possible, with his early bird rights, in hopes of packaging him with JR Smith and fillers for a Durant/Noah if they forced a trade to NYK to play with CA, like Love did to Cleveland

If Noah/Durant aren't available or are not interested in NYK, I would turn my heads to Horford/Al Jefferson/ maybe even David Lee/ *RFA Vucevic* or for multiple players for depth
Like bringing back multiple players from Denver like

Randy Foye
Affalo
Wilson Chandler
Hickson
Timofey Mozgov

*in any case*, preserving picks in till after 2020 for 1st rounders, so we can possible use 2015 1st round pick + 2018 1st round pick in a package for an ALL STAR to compliment CA
then possibly shipping a combination of these players and future picks for Durant/Noah

I like Bledsoe a lot but we just need to find cheaper options out there and Wroten has a high ceiling that I think we can steal from Philly if we offered him a decent package with 2 2nd round picks and either a player (Pablo) or the trade exemption if needed

F500ONE

8/31/2014  10:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/31/2014  10:22 PM
Rondo has stated on several occasions

He wants to play in Boston as long as possible

Not sure how solid this Rondo rumor is

I find it Ironic as soon as it surfaced[2days ago]

Daryl Morey makes a trade

Acquiring more picks in the process

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/2/2014  9:05 AM
RonRon wrote:I personally think it is actually challenging building a TEAM with Rhondo's inabilities, market price, and a risk with his major injury
With Rhondo, I believe you MUST have 4 other players that could SCORE and SHOOT, probably ALL capable of hitting 3pters in order to open the lane for Rhondo to drive

Which brings me to my other point, for a STARTING PG in the Triangle, the penetration is taken away from the post up, that he used to initiate the OFFENSE
Don't get me wrong, if you have great ball handlers, speed/quickness, and athleticism/ability to finish like Jordan/Pippen did, even a young Kobe, there will be a way to adjust to it

I would like to get

1- Tony Wroten (could be the change of pace PG/SG) or a starter to go with Calderon, playing a Lance Stephenson type role if he can improve his 3pt shot

2- Jeff Green as SG, G/F

3- A SF/PF that compliments CA on both OFF and DEF, he must be skilled and versatile, with the ability to score both inside and out effectively, and defend 3-4 positions
I think Rudy Gay at SF/PF could be such a player, like JR Smith, he has all the physical tools to be a ALL STAR, and his potential/ceiling is comparable to #1 pick Wiggons
Of course it comes down to price, I would only be interested in the 5-12m (max, preferablly 8m or less)

I would resign Kmart to a 2 year deal with a TEAM option (non guaranteed) at the max possible, with his early bird rights, in hopes of packaging him with JR Smith and fillers for a Durant/Noah if they forced a trade to NYK to play with CA, like Love did to Cleveland

If Noah/Durant aren't available or are not interested in NYK, I would turn my heads to Horford/Al Jefferson/ maybe even David Lee/ *RFA Vucevic* or for multiple players for depth

Randy Foye
Affalo
Wilson Chandler
Hickson
Timofey Mozgov

*in any case*, preserving picks in till after 2020 for 1st rounders, so we can possible use 2015 1st round pick + 2018 1st round pick in a package for an ALL STAR to compliment CA
then possibly shipping a combination of these players and future picks for Durant/Noah

I like Bledsoe a lot but we just need to find cheaper options out there and Wroten has a high ceiling that I think we can steal from Philly if we offered him a decent package with 2 2nd round picks and either a player (Pablo) or the trade exemption if needed

Rudy Gay as a complement to Melo? Are you purposely trying to give Bonn cardiac problems?

RonRon
Member: #246
9/2/2014  10:35 AM
Rudy Gay has the physical tools to be an all star in the league
He could play and defend 3-4 positions if he worked at it

I would much rather have Gay than JR Smith, playing similar roles but expecting more on DEF
It comes down to price, I believe he can be a very productive/versatile/skilled talent that didn't developed to his full potential as planned

If he did, he wouldn't even be on the market
It comes down to being effective in a system, fitting in with coaches/schemes/philosophies
Along with chemistry with team/rosters and EGO's

We simply need upgrades in talents so while we probably prefer someone that has a better BB IQ, he would be an upgrade at the SF/PF position that would fit in with CA, The Knicks, The Triangle, and salaries (expecting a Monta Ellis "7-8m"
Millsap "12m" type deal (from 7-12m)
If we can get him for the FULL MLE or less, the better but there are not players in the league that has his size, strength, athleticism, and skills

Good time to buy LOW?
This is a learning year for coaches/players anyway

At the very least, he could be a 6th man, all coming down to the numbers with risk/reward
Bynum to a 2 year vet min, I guaranteed deal while we are at it so we can monitor his health
Or D League with Tenacious!!!

VCoug
Member: #1406

9/2/2014  10:59 AM
RonRon wrote:I personally think it is actually challenging building a TEAM with Rhondo's inabilities, market price, and a risk with his major injury

I would like to get

2- Jeff Green as SG, G/F

Randy Foye
Affalo
Wilson Chandler
Hickson
Timofey Mozgov

If that's what the next 5 years of Knicks basketball will be I'll cry.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/2/2014  11:03 AM
VCoug wrote:

I would like to get

2- Jeff Green as SG, G/F

Randy Foye
Affalo
Wilson Chandler
Hickson
Timofey Mozgov

Rom was not build in one day...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
9/2/2014  11:52 AM
arkrud wrote:
VCoug wrote:

I would like to get

2- Jeff Green as SG, G/F

Randy Foye
Affalo
Wilson Chandler
Hickson
Timofey Mozgov

Rom was not build in one day...

Looks like he has 10 yr plan

ES
RONDO not re-signing

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy