[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

* We have our own D-League franchise, the Westchester Knicks ! *
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

9/4/2014  10:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/4/2014  2:25 PM
VDesai wrote:Yeah basically looks like the Westchester Knicks have their rights should they choose to sign in the D-League, but half these players will be in the NBA or Europe. Still guys will get cut in camp and it be nice to have some of these names local in Westchester where we can get a close look. Jerome Jordan keeps sticking around in our crosshairs.

Good points. You're right, no guarantee some of these guys appear on the roster. I like that we now have their DL rights though. If some of these guys do decide to go play abroad, maybe when their Euro seasons conclude, we could then sign them up for a few games to play for Westchester at the tail end of the DL season. And then maybe that could lead into a full-time Westchester gig next year with a legit chance to eventually make the Knicks.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/9/2014  6:14 PM
The Knicks are bringing Galloway to camp. I think this is a great move. If I recall Galloway has a Rondo like wingspan and looked good in the summer league. The Knicks can send both he and Wear to Westchester and protect them from the d league draft. Wear was a McDonald's All American and can hit the mid range jumper with consistency. Nice moves in my opinion. Galloway, Wear, and Thanasis running in Westchester would be fun to watch.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
9/10/2014  1:20 PM
The biggest thing for us right now is that even though we don't own their rights, and another team can sign them, if we do have quality players on the D-League squad, that means they are playing under our system. IF they are playing the triangle on the D-League level, if in the event we do need to sign someone midseason in an emergency, we can pluck a guy from this squad that already is familiar with the system and be ready to contribute minutes.
* We have our own D-League franchise, the Westchester Knicks ! *

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy