[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

* We have our own D-League franchise, the Westchester Knicks ! *
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/31/2014  11:24 AM
ABA folded, NBA took Nets, Pacers, Spurs and Knuggs.............!!!!
Those Idiots who owned the St Louis Spirit took a piece of the TV rights instead of upfront Cash!!!! DUH!!!!!!No foresight at all!!
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

8/31/2014  3:08 PM
Anyone know what the roster is going to look like?
Nalod
USA
8/31/2014  3:22 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Anyone know what the roster is going to look like?

Maybe we should keep Wingo and give him minutes in the D-league and see what he does?

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

9/2/2014  2:11 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Anyone know what the roster is going to look like?

Curious about this myself. Not sure how many players per DL roster -- is it 15? Are we supposed to come up with all 15 in the DL draft? How many rounds are there in that draft? Can we just sign FAs to help build that team?? I hope we can load up on some good known talent. There's quite a few players I'd love to see on this Westchester roster..

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/2/2014  8:10 AM
When did they cancel Calvin and Hobbes?
I love sporting this mullet.

I heard those cellular phone things cause brain tumors!

Dr J and Larry K all the way! Think the Knicks could pull off a three way trade for SuperJohn Williamson and the IceMan?
Doesn't anyone else think calling them the Kentucky Colonels has racist undertones?

Nalod
USA
9/2/2014  1:13 PM
jrodmc wrote:When did they cancel Calvin and Hobbes?

Dr J and Larry K all the way! Think the Knicks could pull off a three way trade for SuperJohn Williamson and the IceMan?
Doesn't anyone else think calling them the Kentucky Colonels has racist undertones?

Only if you thinking about fried chicken?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/2/2014  1:15 PM
Nalod wrote:

Or a plantation owner?

And 2 billion chickens die each year!
I prefer original recipe.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
9/2/2014  1:52 PM
I don't think the NBA can support 30 D-League clubs and that's probably the issue. However we totally showed have a 1 for 1 affiliate minor league system. Then go to a 3 or 4 round draft and let teams own the rights to anyone on their minor league squad. Outside of Thanassis and anyone we temporarily send down, the Knicks are gonne have 11-12 players they are basically developing on their roster than any other team can sign away. This seems a bit silly to me. The only players they can send down to play there count against their active roster or would have to be unsigned players that we have drafted and own the rights too.

Anyway the issue is I'm sure the owners don't want to pay all those salaries, but any team with some vision can probably make money off the minor league team by touting them as future stars. The minor league team would essentially be like having our summer league squad to watch all year long, and given the close vicinity in Westchester, I'm sure Knicks fans would be willing to make the trek.

Nalod
USA
9/3/2014  7:58 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Or a plantation owner?

And 2 billion chickens die each year!
I prefer original recipe.

Or a rank in the army............

or......http://kycolonels.org/our-history/

Finestrg

9/3/2014  12:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2014  1:31 PM
So apparently there was an expansion draft held yesterday whereby Westchester presumably obtained several players to build their roster up.

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/knicks-nba-d-league-expansion-draft-results-to-be-released/

Results are said to be released sometime today. Any word on who we picked up?

Here's a good article from D-League Digest speculating which players each team would protect: http://dleaguedigest.com/2014/08/25/nba-d-league-player-rights-and-mock-expansion-draft-for-westchester-knicks/

Hopefully some of these guys shake loose. Quite a few good players mentioned in that article. Would love to have several of those guys on our Westchester team.

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/3/2014  2:43 PM
I just got back from Springfield, Massachusettes, and I say: this fellow Dr. Naismith has created the most curious game involving a soccer ball and peach baskets.

However, I very much doubt this "basket-ball" game will achieve any sort of long-term popularity.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
Finestrg

9/3/2014  3:33 PM
Just got a look at the players we selected in the expansion draft. Wish I could see a complete list of the available players (I'd like to know who we passed on) but all in all, I'm pretty happy with our selections -- some of these players I really like and have discussed on this board before:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/westchester/expansion.html

In particular Craig Brackins, Richard Howell, DaJuan Summers, Austin Freeman, Curtis Jerrells and Luke Harangody I find very intriguing. I consider these guys a cut above typical DL-level talent. Nice job.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
9/3/2014  3:53 PM
Jeff Adrien is a nice pick up. Jerome Jordan is back in the mix that's good.
Finestrg

9/3/2014  5:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2014  5:07 PM
Vmart wrote:Jeff Adrien is a nice pick up. Jerome Jordan is back in the mix that's good.

I knew people would respond favorably to Adrien.. Nice hustle no-nonsense PF but I prefer Richard Howell myself. Younger, a little bigger with better upside imo. Howell really reminds me a lot of DeJuan Blair...Brackins is super intriguing -- dude's 6'10" 230 and he can really score the rock from anywhere--post up all the way out to 3. Some guys just have a knack for scoring the ball and this guy's always had that. Pretty good rebounder too from what I rememeber. Former 1st round pick by OKC in 2010 (21st overall)...I like DaJuan Summers too--real smooth hybrid F that can do some things; also like Austin Freeman--dude's always had a little bit of a weight issue but I remember this guy well at G-Town. Good skill level, picture something close to Marcus Thornton. And I've always really liked Curtis Jerrells--tough, speedy lefty PG that can score it, push the ball, penetrate, etc...Harangody's not as sexy a pickup as some of these others (a little undersized & slightly awkward-looking offensively) but he's a very hard worker that will compete and get results. There's some real nice depth here in the event that we suffer some injuries. Our prior DL affiliate teams have never had this kind of talent level. The above players are all good enough to make the Knicks' NBA roster imho.

VDesai
USA
9/3/2014  6:02 PM
Man I think we did good in the expansion draft. Brackins is a nice stretch 4. Adrien is a tough player. Henriquez showed some nice defensive potential. Not bad.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/3/2014  6:15 PM
VDesai wrote:Man I think we did good in the expansion draft. Brackins is a nice stretch 4. Adrien is a tough player. Henriquez showed some nice defensive potential. Not bad.

I agree. Isn't Adrien rocket though.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
9/3/2014  6:50 PM
First, here's how D-League rights work:

The selected players comprise Westchester's 2014-15 Returning Player List. If the players sign an NBA Development League contract for either of the next two seasons, Westchester will have right of first refusal, giving the Knicks rights to players for two seasons.

So, this doesn't just mean all these guys are automatically on the W-Knicks. *If* these guys sign a D-League contract (which is-- I believe-- a general thing, not specific to a team), then the W-Knicks have the right to claim them. Keep that in mind when you look at THE LIST:

So that thing I mentioned above is most important when looking at a guy like Jeff Adrien. Adrien is awesome and I'd like him on the *actual* Knicks, let alone the W-Knicks, but he's on a fresh, guaranteed contract with the Houston Rockets. The only way he'd end up in Westchester is if the Rockets cut him and he chose to sign in the D-League, which is unlikely.

The same goes for guys signed overseas, of course. I don't know what the foreign contract statuses of guys like Craig Brackins, Luke Harangody, DaJuan Summers, Kris Joseph, and Jerome Jordan(!) are, but they won't be W-Knicks unless they return to the D-League.

Meanwhile, Stefhon Hannah is a former two-time D-League DPOY who's worked out for the Knicks before, and we remember Jordan Henriquez from Summer League. And I remember Brady Morningstar as both my favorite decent college player with a veggie burger brand for a last name and as the guy who did this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/heres-westchester-knicks-got-d-183442620.html
holfresh
Member: #1081

9/3/2014  8:28 PM
Soviet Union launches Sputnik!!!!
CrushAlot
USA
9/3/2014  10:25 PM
VDesai wrote:Man I think we did good in the expansion draft. Brackins is a nice stretch 4. Adrien is a tough player. Henriquez showed some nice defensive potential. Not bad.

Kyle Gibson is another good prospect from that Canton team. He had a really good second half of the season last year and was well coached in a really good developmental program.
VDesai
USA
9/4/2014  12:04 AM
Yeah basically looks like the Westchester Knicks have their rights should they choose to sign in the D-League, but half these players will be in the NBA or Europe. Still guys will get cut in camp and it be nice to have some of these names local in Westchester where we can get a close look. Jerome Jordan keeps sticking around in our crosshairs.
* We have our own D-League franchise, the Westchester Knicks ! *

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy