Sweets

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/2/2014  1:24 PM
EnySpree wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Another play who blew it, Luther Ticky Burden. Convicted of bank robbery. There was an article on him a few months back. I remmeber the story well cause as a child my first bank account I had was in the bank he was accused of robbing.

That's incredible. Guys had to get second jobs back then though so guys needed money. Different world now

Not really.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reliable-source/wp/2013/03/20/adrian-dantley-former-nba-star-says-crossing-guard-job-is-meaningful-way-to-fill-his-days/

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
9/2/2014  1:46 PM
Qyntel Woods. Was touted as having McGrady type talent. Then again he didn't get drafted that high, so maybe not that much of a bust. Still I remember when he played on the Knicks he had a silky smooth J and a great all around skill level on the offensive side of the ball. What's weird is he played literally the best ball of his career with us and then no one signed him after that. And that was it for his NBA career.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/2/2014  1:57 PM
VDesai wrote:Qyntel Woods. Was touted as having McGrady type talent. Then again he didn't get drafted that high, so maybe not that much of a bust. Still I remember when he played on the Knicks he had a silky smooth J and a great all around skill level on the offensive side of the ball. What's weird is he played literally the best ball of his career with us and then no one signed him after that. And that was it for his NBA career.

I remember him playing for the Knicks. I liked his game. He had some off the court concerns though, didn't he? Dog fighting or something similar?

VDesai
USA
9/2/2014  1:58 PM
I was posting about him on the FIBA thread, but I really don't know why Renaldo Balkman couldn't have been a good rotation player in the NBA. The guy has tremendous hustle and defensive ability, and while he isn't super skilled on O he's passable. He just kept getting himself on coaching doghouses...which is strange because on the floor he's the kind of players that coaches gush over.
VDesai
USA
9/2/2014  1:59 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
VDesai wrote:Qyntel Woods. Was touted as having McGrady type talent. Then again he didn't get drafted that high, so maybe not that much of a bust. Still I remember when he played on the Knicks he had a silky smooth J and a great all around skill level on the offensive side of the ball. What's weird is he played literally the best ball of his career with us and then no one signed him after that. And that was it for his NBA career.

I remember him playing for the Knicks. I liked his game. He had some off the court concerns though, didn't he? Dog fighting or something similar?

Yeah he definitely had the dogfighting and I think he got arrested for other stuff too. What was weird was that we signed him after all that when he apparently had cleaned up a bit. And with us he also played the best on the court that he had in the NBA to that point. So you would've thought someone would've signed him after his time here, but that literally was the end of his NBA career.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/2/2014  2:04 PM
Ray Allen is the model for those who want to play basketball a long time and make a lot of money doing so. He ate right trained right lead a decent lifestyle and it ended up making him nearly 200mm$
RIP Crushalot😞
Basketball players that completely passed away their careers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy