[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I can see no way that the Knicks are much better than last season because point guard change. Convince me or agree
Author Thread
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

9/6/2014  11:27 AM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote: Not sure why the hate on Lin. I mean im not a Lin fan but to be fair Linsanity was one of the few bright spots the Knicks have had since 2000 sadly

Holding Lin to a veteran standard makes the comparison to Carmelo Anthony seem less brutal.

How about if he is held to the standards of the 5th highest paid point guard in the league and the 24th highest player in the league? Does he cut the mustard as a player in the spot where his salary places him? His playoff performances have been horrible. Prior to throwing out his chest he was having a horrific series against OKC. He will be remembered for one of the biggest chokes in Rockets history for his play in game 4 against the Blazers. He backed up an undrafted second year player and had to be packaged with draft picks to move his contract. Also, who 'ham fisted' his situation in Houston.

who would you rather have had as a knick, felton or lin, calderon or lin.

lets hear where the rubber meets the road for you.

Regardless of who he chooses, it doesn't make what he said any less true. A little harsh at some points but it'd still be true.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/6/2014  11:30 AM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote: Not sure why the hate on Lin. I mean im not a Lin fan but to be fair Linsanity was one of the few bright spots the Knicks have had since 2000 sadly

Holding Lin to a veteran standard makes the comparison to Carmelo Anthony seem less brutal.

How about if he is held to the standards of the 5th highest paid point guard in the league and the 24th highest player in the league? Does he cut the mustard as a player in the spot where his salary places him? His playoff performances have been horrible. Prior to throwing out his chest he was having a horrific series against OKC. He will be remembered for one of the biggest chokes in Rockets history for his play in game 4 against the Blazers. He backed up an undrafted second year player and had to be packaged with draft picks to move his contract. Also, who 'ham fisted' his situation in Houston.

Regardless of who he chooses, it doesn't make what he said any less true. A little harsh at some points but it'd still be true.

if only he would be as harsh towards others who admittedly chased the money

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/6/2014  11:45 AM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

how about answering the question yourself?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
F500ONE
Member: #5844

9/6/2014  11:48 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Can someone show me where the Knicks

Were picked to go 0-82 by anyone here

TeamBall

9/6/2014  12:18 PM
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

how about answering the question yourself?

Oh I'd take Lin easily out of those 3
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
TeamBall

9/6/2014  12:21 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

As opposed to chasing the money and not admitting it? That's much better?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/6/2014  12:24 PM
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Not sure if you can still find it but TKF did pick the Knicks to go 0-82 on game picker last year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
9/6/2014  12:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Sorry if it seems harsh. I think two guys that both got paid the max they could get are treated dramatically different here by some. I also think Lin was ok with being out of NY if that was what it took to capitalize to the max on his amazing run.
F500ONE

9/6/2014  12:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Not sure if you can still find it but TKF did pick the Knicks to go 0-82 on game picker last year.

Last year game picker doesn't count

Nor would gambling or a game picker of guessing

Especially if they felt odds were more in

Favor of the team losing or vice versa

A fan in a game picker could have picked 82-0

What this does it takes the guessing out

This may be the reason why when Nix said we'd win 50gms

And I posted splits from last yr and compared to what

We could potentially do this year, he passed on

Picking the splits to determine where the 50gms will come from

Probably has a lot to do with laziness or not

Wanting to work each game to get it right

Putting your mind where your mouth

On the flip slide in the game picker

How many fans picked the team to go 82-0

Also did more fans in the game picker

Pick losses in comparison to where they projected

The team to finish the yr

If money was involved as we have seen

It can create a different mindset

CrushAlot
USA
9/6/2014  12:44 PM
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/gamepicker/default.asp?p=tkf
F500ONE

9/6/2014  12:46 PM
Crush that's why when someone says something

That's an ear catcher to another friend

The other friend will ask them "you wanna make a bet"

And why is that Crush

Because when you throw money in the equation

It forces the hand of the mind-heart to match the mouth

Game Picker beefin, this is hilarious

CrushAlot
USA
9/6/2014  12:49 PM
F500ONE wrote:Crush that's why when someone says something

And why is that Crush

I just provided the link. TKF is who he is. Not sure if he was banned or taking a leave but he is fun to talk basketball with if it doesn't regard Melo and the Melo trade.
F500ONE

9/6/2014  1:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/gamepicker/default.asp?p=tkf

RonRon has been fairly positive about this team

This coming season and how we can fair

Yet he won the game picker

Which only proves my point

When opinions become game formatted

Or Gambling formatted, it forces you to be honest with self

It's not a true reflection of what your hopes and desires are

gunsnewing
USA
9/6/2014  1:09 PM
Breaking down gamepicker now. Thanks Jrod for your valuable contribution to the board
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/6/2014  1:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

And why is that Crush

I just provided the link. TKF is who he is. Not sure if he was banned or taking a leave but he is fun to talk basketball with if it doesn't regard Melo and the Melo trade.

He announced his departure shortly after Melo's new contract
F500ONE

9/6/2014  1:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/6/2014  1:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

And why is that Crush

Seems to me he wanted to win the Game Picker contest

I'd wager to you and jrod

If you asked TFK if he thought the team would go 0-82

and make a bet on it, he wouldn't

He wanted to take the guessing out of it

If we did a game picker on Philly or Bucks this year

Wouldn't it be easier to say 0-82, this is the point you're missing

This is not indicative of what he truly wanted or hoped would happen

gunsnewing
USA
9/6/2014  1:11 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

And why is that Crush

I hope all the venomous people who attacked him are happy now

His problems were with Melo but others made it personal

CrushAlot
USA
9/6/2014  1:18 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

And why is that Crush

I didn't know that. Too bad. I wanted to ask him about league pass for roku. I think I am going to go with ballstreams because my issue is with knick games being blacked out on msg for Sabre games.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/6/2014  1:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

And why is that Crush

I didn't know that. Too bad. I wanted to ask him about league pass for roku. I think I am going to go with ballstreams because my issue is with knick games being blacked out on msg for Sabre games.

I think that's what happened. He had a one sentence post buried in a thread along the lines of "I'm outta here." I didn't think he was seriously leaving when I read it but he never came back.
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/6/2014  2:25 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

And why is that Crush

I think that's what happened. He had a one sentence post buried in a thread along the lines of "I'm outta here." I didn't think he was seriously leaving when I read it but he never came back.

Yeah, but he's made these dramatic exits before and usually ends up coming bad if we start doing badly. Still, with F500ONE suddenly posting regularly, it's like his spirit lives on...

I can see no way that the Knicks are much better than last season because point guard change. Convince me or agree

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy