[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I can see no way that the Knicks are much better than last season because point guard change. Convince me or agree
Author Thread
foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

9/5/2014  7:37 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Are you really comparing the treatment of Lin to child abuse? Jesus. And with a Melo conspiracy thrown in there too. It's posts that this that lead to people bashing Lin- I liked Lin when he was here but reading exaggerated stuff like the above makes me want to counter balance it by pointing out all his flaws.

I'm comparing how Lin is often discussed here by his detractors works within the same process used by others to rationalize the negative behavior of others. It's no different than when Melo intentionally dogged it to get D'Antoni fired ( which was despicable in my book, he intentionally sabotaged the team and the team effort because he didn't want a coach whose system would feature anyone else but Melo, even if the team was winning) and plenty of people here said, "Eh , so what, the important thing now is that Melo got what he want and now he can commit to putting in full effort"

Often I see the discussion of Lin and Linsanity revolve around the idea that he should be held to the standard of a veteran NBA player who has hit his development ceiling and that's all he will ever be. But these same folks magically believe Melo will learn who to play team ball and STAT will somehow flash defensive prowess he's never shown in his career this season, when neither has shown either of those qualities throughout a pair of very long NBA careers.

It's not Lin's fault, but his play, his leadership, his humility, his ability to galvanize the Knicks fanbase, his international appeal, even the MVP chants, they all just made Melo look pathetic. It's one thing to criticize a Knick like Eddy Curry who stuffed his face, boozed it up and didn't care and was a disgrace to the game and the franchise. It's one thing to criticize Zeke for getting the franchised wrapped up in a sexual harassment scandal. But it's a whole different ball game to trash essentially a rookie player for playing the right way and leading the team to wins all for the greater glory of ball licking for Melo.

Basically an undrafted rookie at the end of the bench gave the Knicks more leadership in a few weeks than Melo has his entire Knicks career. And even his entire Nuggets and Knicks tenure combined.

There has to be some serious homerrific Melo ball licking to endure TWO YEARS of Raymond Felton, that pudgy gun toting heel of a point guard and still criticize what Lin gave this team.

It's alot easier to defend Melo's chronic lack of conditioning, lack of individual player development, lack of leadership, lack of making the players around him better, his massive chewing up of the Knicks asset base to even get here when Lin is held to the standard of a long time NBA veteran in comparison.

What Lin did is nearly unprecedented in American sports history, esp NBA history. The ENTIRE WORLD was watching. It was not just a basketball narrative, but it was a story that resonated across national boundaries and cultural divides. To try to minimize that with "Well he turns the ball over a lot!" IMHO is pretty pathetic.

Some of you should just come clean that you bash Lin because to credit Lin is to clearly have to acknowledge what Melo doesn't give this team and will likely never give the Knicks in terms of leadership. Without seeing that with or without Lin, Melo looks bad enough on his own already.

Not sure who is criticizing Lin for what he did for the Knicks. You sound confused. I have seen comments regarding Lin's performance AFTER he sat out the playoffs and left the Knicks to get paid by the Rockets....which I believe you would have to agree that his performace with the Rockets was ok but unspectacular. There are also comments that Lin's performance with the Knicks, although spectacular, was for only a short timeframe.

The flaws that I continue to see in this and similar arguments are.......

1) Lin is some kind of altruistic saint who has a higher love of the game than other players and would play for a lesser salary
2) It was a choice between Melo or Lin when he left for the Rockets

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/5/2014  8:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2014  8:13 AM
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Why is Lin even being discussed in this particular thread. he has been gone for a couple years now. I was a big fan of the Linsanity streak he was on when we had all those injuries. However i have moved on because as a Knick fan we have our own issues with our team so Lin doesnt really matter anymore

+1. The Lin mentions correspond to the kNugget mentions, which, thankfully are actually starting to die down. Until Moz has another good game. Or Gallo makes another behind the back pass. Or the Mayor hits another three.

God help us if Felton has a 12 assist game for Dallas.

Always remember, pessimism/Melohate does not need to be justified on a Knick fan site.

Thats not what i meant. Not eveything has to turn into accusations of melo hate or gallo/lin/wilson chandler love. All those gusy did a great job as knicks and i wish them well but im more concerned with the Knicks.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/5/2014  8:15 AM
knickstorrents wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Always remember, pessimism/Melohate does not need to be justified on a Knick fan site.

That's good because I get a lot of enjoyment from bashing an overrated player who doesn't make his teammates better! Thanks!

Go crazy! It's also free and requires very little thought! Plus you get to pine and whine for all the other teams in the league that don't have your personal Satan!

jrodmc
USA
9/5/2014  8:20 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Why is Lin even being discussed in this particular thread. he has been gone for a couple years now. I was a big fan of the Linsanity streak he was on when we had all those injuries. However i have moved on because as a Knick fan we have our own issues with our team so Lin doesnt really matter anymore

+1. The Lin mentions correspond to the kNugget mentions, which, thankfully are actually starting to die down. Until Moz has another good game. Or Gallo makes another behind the back pass. Or the Mayor hits another three.

Always remember, pessimism/Melohate does not need to be justified on a Knick fan site.

Thats not what i meant. Not eveything has to turn into accusations of melo hate or gallo/lin/wilson chandler love. All those gusy did a great job as knicks and i wish them well but im more concerned with the Knicks.

I understand that wasn't your point, but if you notice, most threads in here turn into Melo hate, why the Trade was a filthy mess, why we will never be SanTone or OKC because of Melo, Geewhiz aint those guys we traded away/Melo drove away great....blah blah blah.

Like you said, it's been years.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/5/2014  8:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2014  8:27 AM
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I understand that wasn't your point, but if you notice, most threads in here turn into Melo hate, why the Trade was a filthy mess, why we will never be SanTone or OKC because of Melo, Geewhiz aint those guys we traded away/Melo drove away great....blah blah blah.

Why does it bother you that much what a few posters say about Melo? I mean its ok to be a big fan of his but most people have actually made fair points about Melo's strengths and weaknesses. Persnally i think the whole Melo hate accusations is overblown. Our fanbase is a great one and at the end of the day EVERYONE roots for melo and the knicks to win
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/5/2014  10:09 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Why does it bother you that much what a few posters say about Melo? I mean its ok to be a big fan of his but most people have actually made fair points about Melo's strengths and weaknesses. Persnally i think the whole Melo hate accusations is overblown. Our fanbase is a great one and at the end of the day EVERYONE roots for melo and the knicks to win

+1
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/5/2014  10:51 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I have no problem with people discussing his flaws- if truth be told I'm pretty indifferent towards him, its the crossing-the-line level of hate that riles me, and the fact that it's just the same crap over and over again- even if I agreed with the message I'd get frustrated hearing exactly the same thing being pumped out each and every day.

jrodmc
USA
9/5/2014  11:29 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You ask me why when you asked the same question at the start of this post? SMH
I don't count posters, I read the posts. Lots of them.

Agreed, it's always been a somber few who spout off. As you've noticed, they make the most noise.

EVERYONE doesn't root for melo. There are some who hope the Knicks lose every game with Melo. Your blanket rah rah may apply at MSG during a game, but it doesn't apply in here. Now why does that bother me?, I just don't know.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/5/2014  11:39 AM
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Agreed, it's always been a somber few who spout off. As you've noticed, they make the most noise.

EVERYONE doesn't root for melo. There are some who hope the Knicks lose every game with Melo. Your blanket rah rah may apply at MSG during a game, but it doesn't apply in here. Now why does that bother me?, I just don't know.

how do you know that, houdini

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
F500ONE
Member: #5844

9/5/2014  11:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2014  11:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I have no problem with people discussing his flaws- if truth be told I'm pretty indifferent towards him, its the crossing-the-line level of hate that riles me, and the fact that it's just the same crap over and over again- even if I agreed with the message I'd get frustrated hearing exactly the same thing being pumped out each and every day.

What specifically is being said about him

On a daily basis that's unjustified

Can you start citing examples

Otherwise this looks like an attempt to either

Censor opinions, to incite in hopes of a TOS violation

So the mods cans surface to make an account vanish

Most of the offseason discussion has centered around Calderon and Felton

Yet the "Stop Hating Melo" chants continue to roar like a Lion in the Serengeti

smackeddog
9/5/2014  11:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2014  11:47 AM
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Houdini was the escape artist- I think you mean Nostradamus

smackeddog
9/5/2014  11:49 AM
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

One day how

I wish that you would start

posting messages with a less annoying layout so that

reading them is not

a chore

F500ONE

9/5/2014  12:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

One day how

I wish that you would start

posting messages with a less annoying layout so that

reading them is not

a chore

I'll wait

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/5/2014  12:14 PM
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Houdini was the escape artist- I think you mean Nostradamus

you need to bone up on your blues material, junior

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
TeamBall
Member: #4386

9/5/2014  12:19 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

+1

Why is he not allowed to disagree with the negativity just like you two disagree with a lot of the positivity?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
jrodmc
USA
9/5/2014  12:28 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

+1

Why is he not allowed to disagree with the negativity just like you two disagree with a lot of the positivity?

Negativity is cool.

F500ONE

9/5/2014  12:28 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

+1

This could be a case of which came first

The chicken or the egg

Maybe there's history to prove which did

foosballnick
Member: #3148

9/5/2014  12:33 PM
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

If you weren't so busy trying to post in Hiaku structure, you might actually take the time to read the board. Almost every thread devolves into an argument about the Villification or Merits of Melo.

In this thread for instance, if you go back to the first page, you will find that

Triple Threat
was the ignitor with these comments about Melo.......

The Knicks made the wrong choice. The best choice was keeping Lin, letting him be the primary player and trading Melo for supporting assets. Instead the Knicks are saddled with a guy who has shown money to come here and money to stay here means more than winning.

wow such shocking revelations, it only shows how selfish and dumb both Dolan and Melo are to need to have to spend that much and infuse this front office to see that)

you can't contend with Melo as your primary player, he's just not a player who has ever shown to function well in a team ball environment ( please leave the ALL STAR Team USA situation out of it, as if that's a practical example of what most NBA teams need to do to win)

These types of subjective/opinion comments on a player's integrity (especially the first two) really serve no useful purpose on a message board except to bate/flame other posters into a polarized response. While Melo is certainly a polarizing figure within the Knicks fandom, I think what the posters above are referring to is that if the discussion remained about what Melo can or can't do on the court.....rather than subjective opinions regarding how selfish and dumb he is......perhaps every thread would not turn into a Melohate/Melolove soap opera.

jrodmc
USA
9/5/2014  12:34 PM
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Check the game picker from last season for your little friend, genius.

jrodmc
USA
9/5/2014  12:38 PM
foosballnick wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

If you weren't so busy trying to post in Hiaku structure, you might actually take the time to read the board. Almost every thread devolves into an argument about the Villification or Merits of Melo.

In this thread for instance, if you go back to the first page, you will find that

Triple Threat
was the ignitor with these comments about Melo.......

The Knicks made the wrong choice. The best choice was keeping Lin, letting him be the primary player and trading Melo for supporting assets. Instead the Knicks are saddled with a guy who has shown money to come here and money to stay here means more than winning.

wow such shocking revelations, it only shows how selfish and dumb both Dolan and Melo are to need to have to spend that much and infuse this front office to see that)

you can't contend with Melo as your primary player, he's just not a player who has ever shown to function well in a team ball environment ( please leave the ALL STAR Team USA situation out of it, as if that's a practical example of what most NBA teams need to do to win)

These types of subjective/opinion comments on a player's integrity (especially the first two) really serve no useful purpose on a message board except to bate/flame other posters into a polarized response. While Melo is certainly a polarizing figure within the Knicks fandom, I think what the posters above are referring to is that if the discussion remained about what Melo can or can't do on the court.....rather than subjective opinions regarding how selfish and dumb he is......perhaps every thread would not turn into a Melohate/Melolove soap opera.

+1

Oh but don't worry, Johnny Haiku Lately will now triple space you into imbecility.

I can see no way that the Knicks are much better than last season because point guard change. Convince me or agree

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy