Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/26/2014  5:24 PM
This last draft after really thinking about it I wouldve taken

34 Walter Taveras--C

51 Cory Jefferrson--PF

It was a weird draft and we did not even know we had a pick until a day before. But from what has gone down(what we are not privvy too) during the summer-if I saw the blueprints this is how I wouldve rolled.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

8/27/2014  8:26 AM
BRIGGS wrote:This last draft after really thinking about it I wouldve taken

34 Walter Taveras--C

51 Cory Jefferrson--PF

It was a weird draft and we did not even know we had a pick until a day before. But from what has gone down(what we are not privvy too) during the summer-if I saw the blueprints this is how I wouldve rolled.

Early was a first round talent that lucky for us slipped. Yes we ned soem size but we will et that next year in free agnecy and wen we have a 1st round pick if Phil finds a big guy he likes
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/27/2014  8:51 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:This last draft after really thinking about it I wouldve taken

34 Walter Taveras--C

51 Cory Jefferrson--PF

Early was a first round talent that lucky for us slipped. Yes we ned soem size but we will et that next year in free agnecy and wen we have a 1st round pick if Phil finds a big guy he likes

I really like Jefferson from going back a year--I think he's going to be a second round steal yet I also felt it would be available after 50. I honestly did not look at Walter Tavares before the draft(heck I was in Canada when we made that trade for Chandler and wasnt overly prepared even though we did know that guys could slip--that other guys might be there etc..) I understand that Tavares has not played basketball a long time--he has little offensive game BUT after watching his tapes this week---I'm convinced that in 3-4 years he will be a major player at the C position in the NBA. He has incredible base strength--he runs awkward but fast he's got very good hands and really can rebound. Hes got like a Tim Duncan body albeit 3 inches taller and while raw--like they say you just cant teach that size you cant teach that body and length. Now did we need two wibgs who in retrospect might have less game and even less fit for this team? Would it have been smarter--even if both guys were d league all year(although that may not be the case at all) to bring in a 7-3 265 pd C and a highly athletic shot blocking PF who has range out to three. To bring those guys in at 600k per year for the first 3 years then we have atleast a semblance of a back end big man rotation that is in place--rather than going to next years FA potentially having to renounce everyone(which is near impossible) I knew about Jefferson but I did not realize about Tavares until the last week. His size length and mobility will make him a very good NBA player in time.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/27/2014  8:53 AM
It's a crap shoot in that second round. In hindsight with Melo Signing 5 Years. Maybe we should have went a different route
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

8/27/2014  9:44 AM
I think one of the reasons Early was picked is he can contribute now. A lot of second rounders are huge projects. Early would've been a 1st rounder in any other draft and I bet he is one of the first off the bench this season. I really like the kid. He has the desire and fire and competitiveness that is needed to excel that some of the higher "upside" players who skate by on their physicality sometimes lack.
Rearview mirror

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy