[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wojo reporting Clips/Bucks trade centered around Jared Dudley
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/26/2014  3:59 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers have traded swingman Jared Dudley to the Milwaukee Bucks for swingman Carlos Delfino, center Miroslav Raduljica and a future first-round pick, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

Dudley, who averaged 6.9 points in 23.4 minutes per game last season, had fallen out of the Clippers’ plans and is owed $4.25 million each of the next two seasons, but has a player option for 2015-16. Dudley, 31, was a double-digit scorer from 2010-13 with the Phoenix Suns.

Delfino, 31, is owed $6.5 million for the next two seasons — with a team option for 2015-16 — but missed the 2013-14 season because of a right foot injury. He is expected to miss part of the 2014-15 season as he recovers from the injury, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--clippers-trade-jared-dudley-to-bucks-193032704.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
F500ONE
Member: #5844

8/26/2014  4:06 PM
Didn't Phx offer him for Shumpert

A couple yrs ago

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

8/26/2014  4:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2014  4:16 PM
Wow. Kinda pisses me off -- Milwaukee wanted JR Smith. They were one of the only teams to court him when he was a FA and offer him a contract I believe (he actually went and visited Milwaukee when he was a FA, no?). Then there was talk early this off-season they were after him again. Even talk that Jason Kidd wanted Smith. You wanna laugh -- Smith respected Kidd. If there's anybody that could've gotten the best outta JR Smith, it would've been Jason Kidd...Would've been a perfect opportunity to rid ourselves of this dude, wipe his contract off the books for next yr (you know he's opting in -- there's no doubt about it) and bring back something decent in return -- I gotta believe we could've gotten just as good a package back in return because Smith's arguably a better player than Dudley. Smith's obviously more talented, younger by a year or 2 and on a similar contract...If Milwaukee came calling with an offer and we never even listened or came up with a counteroffer, we're NUTS.
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/26/2014  4:14 PM
F500ONE wrote:Didn't Phx offer him for Shumpert

A couple yrs ago

Depressingly if we had traded Shump for Dudley, we may have then been able to trade Dudley for Bledsoe (that's pretty much what the clips traded Bledsoe for)

smackeddog
8/26/2014  4:15 PM
Finestrg wrote:Wow. Kinda pisses me off -- Milwaukee wanted JR Smith. They were one of the only teams to court him when he was a FA and offer him a contract I believe. Then there was talk early this off-season they were after him again. Even talk that Jason Kidd wanted Smith. You wanna laugh -- Smith respected Kidd. If there's anybody that could've gotten the best outta JR Smith, it would've been Jason Kidd...Would've been a perfect opportunity to rid ourselves of this dude, wipe his contract off the books for next yr (you know he's opting in -- there's no doubt about it) and bring back something decent in return -- I gotta believe we could've gotten just as good a package back in return because Smith's arguably a better player than Dudley. Smith's obviously more talented, younger by a year or 2 and on a similar contract...If Milwaukee came calling with an offer and we never even listened or came up with a counteroffer, we're NUTS.

JR is likely to opt out for a long term contract

F500ONE

8/26/2014  4:22 PM
Finestrg wrote:Wow. Kinda pisses me off -- Milwaukee wanted JR Smith. They were one of the only teams to court him when he was a FA and offer him a contract I believe. Then there was talk early this off-season they were after him again. Even talk that Jason Kidd wanted Smith...Would've been a perfect opportunity to rid ourselves of this dude, wipe his contract off the books for next yr (you know he's opting in -- there's no doubt about it) and bring back something decent in return -- I gotta believe we could've gotten just as good a package back in return because Smith's arguably a better player than Dudley. If Milwaukee came calling with an offer and we never even listened or came up with a counteroffer, we're NUTS.

Yeah kind of a head scratcher

Looking back a couple seasons here's a doosy

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--suns-pursuing-trade-for-knicks-guard-iman-shumpert-003613494.html

As the Phoenix Suns try to reshuffle their roster for the future, their front office remains motivated to try to acquire New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Suns are willing to give New York a package that includes forward Jared Dudley and possibly a future first-round pick for Shumpert, but the Knicks have so far shown no inclination to do such a deal, sources said.

Melo was GMing at the time

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8932756/new-york-knicks-listening-trade-offers-iman-shumpert-according-source

It probably would have been Dudley and most likely 2014 1st[pick 14]

Then if Dudley didn't fit into the plans going forward

We flip him for a package like today?

F500ONE

8/26/2014  4:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:Didn't Phx offer him for Shumpert

A couple yrs ago

Depressingly if we had traded Shump for Dudley, we may have then been able to trade Dudley for Bledsoe (that's pretty much what the clips traded Bledsoe for)

Oh Snaps//////For Real////Word!

Finestrg

8/26/2014  4:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2014  7:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Wow. Kinda pisses me off -- Milwaukee wanted JR Smith. They were one of the only teams to court him when he was a FA and offer him a contract I believe. Then there was talk early this off-season they were after him again. Even talk that Jason Kidd wanted Smith. You wanna laugh -- Smith respected Kidd. If there's anybody that could've gotten the best outta JR Smith, it would've been Jason Kidd...Would've been a perfect opportunity to rid ourselves of this dude, wipe his contract off the books for next yr (you know he's opting in -- there's no doubt about it) and bring back something decent in return -- I gotta believe we could've gotten just as good a package back in return because Smith's arguably a better player than Dudley. Smith's obviously more talented, younger by a year or 2 and on a similar contract...If Milwaukee came calling with an offer and we never even listened or came up with a counteroffer, we're NUTS.

JR is likely to opt out for a long term contract

Highly debatable -- Yeah, he's talented--never gonna take that away from him but come on--this guy's one of the most immature dudes to ever play a professional sport, bar none. Not only that, he's lazy as all get out and so weak-minded it's disgusting. He's let us down in big spots more times than I care to remember. Still, I bet like a lot of people on this board, there's plenty of people in our front office that continue to laud the guy, thinking he's way more valuable than he really is. Yeah, he's capable of having a good night, even a good year, but there's just as much of a possibility that he mails in another poor season coupled with numerous distractions both on and off the court. And if that's the case, F it -- he'll just opt-in for the $6.5mm and we'll be on the hook with this clown all over again for an additional year--that's his safety net. Ever hear JR discuss last year, how guys just mailed it in, himself included? BEYOND IRRITATING! DISGUSTING!! With the SG depth we have (and we even had Wayne Ellington in the mix not too long ago--a very decent player), if I had an opportunity to rid myself of this guy and wipe his contract off the books, I'd jump at the chance. Even if we didn't have proper depth at the position lined up--I'd still look to move him, even in a salary dump scenario. There are plenty of guys out there that could fill his spot admirably--even cheap, quality alternatives on an interim basis: Terrence Williams, Pat Christopher, BJ Young.. Put a guy like that together with whoever we have leftover (Shump, THJ, Thanasis), that's more than enough SG depth...We don't need this Prima Donna. This guy's no star. He's a fraud...Something tells me we had multiple opportunities to put something together with Milwaukee and Phil passed. It's disappointing..

F500ONE

8/26/2014  4:40 PM
Crush's post says the Bucks gave up

Delfino-Prospect-1st

The Clips gave up Dudley and 1st[2017 protected]

Which means in order to dump Smith we had to

Give up a 1st to possibly catch Bucks attention

Keep in mind J.R. makes double what these guys are making

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

8/26/2014  5:33 PM
F500ONE wrote:Crush's post says the Bucks gave up

Delfino-Prospect-1st

J.R. is also way better of a player than Dudley. I don't think Jax wants to dump JR but he might eventually trade him for an asset. I doubt he gives up anything to dump him. I'm starting to sound like NIx.

This could open the door for an acquisition of Middleton though at a low price which I like. Then again they could very well just cut Dudley. Dudley would then go to the spurs and flourish. lol.

F500ONE

8/26/2014  7:29 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Delfino-Prospect-1st

J.R. is also way better of a player than Dudley. I don't think Jax wants to dump JR but he might eventually trade him for an asset. I doubt he gives up anything to dump him. I'm starting to sound like NIx.

This could open the door for an acquisition of Middleton though at a low price which I like. Then again they could very well just cut Dudley. Dudley would then go to the spurs and flourish. lol.

It's never a question of talent with J.R.

It's what between the ears

I doubt Phil can dump his salary

While acquiring great value for him

Btw let's say it's Middleton, who I wouldn't mind nabbing

Is J.R. better than Middleton

You see what I did there

smackeddog
8/27/2014  3:34 AM
F500ONE wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Delfino-Prospect-1st

You see what I did there

JR will opt out, he's underpaid and at the very least will want a longer deal (look at what Meeks and Young got this offseason. Heck, even Ben Gordon got $9 mil over two years).

Don't get why people keep saying we should trade him to the Bucks- the Buck have OJ Mayo, or are people forgetting that? They'd probably trade OJ Mayo for JR, but they would never take on both of them.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

8/27/2014  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2014  10:11 AM
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Delfino-Prospect-1st

You see what I did there

JR will opt out, he's underpaid and at the very least will want a longer deal (look at what Meeks and Young got this offseason. Heck, even Ben Gordon got $9 mil over two years).

Don't get why people keep saying we should trade him to the Bucks- the Buck have OJ Mayo, or are people forgetting that? They'd probably trade OJ Mayo for JR, but they would never take on both of them.

Did the Bucks even offer anything for JR? Did they ever even express interest? Honest question, I dont remember reading anything other than wishful thinking that they may want him now that Kidd was in the fold. But anyway I agree with you 1000%.

JR is definitely going to opt out. Some team out there will give him a multi year deal that will be more cumulatively than whatever he will get in his final year here. He's going to play his ass off this year and make this happen. Just as, shockingly, he won 6 MOTY in contract year.

As smackeddog just said, Ben Gordon (BEN GORDON!) one the biggest malcontents in the NBA just got a $9 million multiyear guaranteed contract. Let me repeat that, BEN F'ING GORDON! And not only is he a malcontent but he also happens to be washed up. Some team will throw money at JR Smith, especially if he has a good season. Its almost inevitable. These GM's cant help themselves.

Finestrg

8/27/2014  12:37 PM
Good breakdown of JR Smith's 22 3-pt attempt night against the Heat and honest assessment of his overall game. I agree with this guy 100%:

Wojo reporting Clips/Bucks trade centered around Jared Dudley

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy