[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should Ewing have done what Gary and Karl did?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/3/2004  9:06 AM
seriously everybody, who cares?

i wonder how many posters here who are criticizing malone and payton are yankee fans b/c the yanks (my team) do the exact same thing. we sign players that only want to come here to win a ring (clemens, lofton, sheffield, giambi, etc...)

obviously his relationship with the jazz was nowhere near as strong has his wish to win a ring so he took a paycut and went to a team where he had a chance. same with GP. in fact, you should laud them for taking MASSIVE paycuts just to try to win a ring.
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/3/2004  5:19 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i wonder how many posters here who are criticizing malone and payton are yankee fans b/c the yanks (my team) do the exact same thing. we sign players that only want to come here to win a ring (clemens, lofton, sheffield, giambi, etc...)

obviously his relationship with the jazz was nowhere near as strong has his wish to win a ring so he took a paycut and went to a team where he had a chance. same with GP. in fact, you should laud them for taking MASSIVE paycuts just to try to win a ring.

no comes to the Yanks for free. But those chumps did the league wrong. Other teams have to pay for their talent but these two beggars pretty much signed for less just to get a ring.

I wish people would stop comparing the Yanks with the Laker for the simple reason Yanks pay their players. If Laker paid Malone and Payton what they were worth then I would hav eno prob with that. It very simple other teams in the NBA are working with the cap and the Lakers aren't because players sign for chump change by NBA standards.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
6/3/2004  8:40 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by djsunyc:

no comes to the Yanks for free. But those chumps did the league wrong. Other teams have to pay for their talent but these two beggars pretty much signed for less just to get a ring.

I wish people would stop comparing the Yanks with the Laker for the simple reason Yanks pay their players. If Laker paid Malone and Payton what they were worth then I would hav eno prob with that. It very simple other teams in the NBA are working with the cap and the Lakers aren't because players sign for chump change by NBA standards.
thanks V. i'll conserve my energy.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
6/3/2004  11:30 PM
The yankee/laker comparison is such that great talent is assembled in a specific period to try to accomplish one thing, AND ONLY ONE THING.....Championship. Yankees have had always to pay for the privy by which the lakers get bargain basement prices as of lately
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
6/3/2004  11:36 PM
..............depends on what ego Ewing had to feed
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
6/16/2004  5:30 PM
Well... in hindsight it looks like Ewing made the right choice.

Do you think Malone and Payton will be able to sign with Detroit next year?
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
6/16/2004  5:40 PM
Sadly, for Ewing, fate decided for him to not win a ring. Happily, for Payton and Malone, they didn't win one either. No one will disagree that they were great players in the past, but when it's time to hang it up, it's time to hang it up. It's over. Finished. See ya!
Should Ewing have done what Gary and Karl did?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy