[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

In minority but still believe CAVs LBJ, Kylie, Kevin Love Cavs .. to have #1 problem: Good health
Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

8/26/2014  3:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2014  3:43 PM
Believe Cavs to be good team not great
But good sports health is needed. Can't understate healthy NBA players importance

Stars Irving & Love has lots to prove by staying well to be on court
I don't buy it and their durable health woes aunt going be fixed overnight
By tons workouts and extra gym preparation,

In short Kevin Love and Kylie Irving need NBA resume developed to show on court time 85% in 2014/2015
I don't see it until WE see it, one or both of them going down just like their NBA health\history resumes show

Care to debate..? Friendly

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/26/2014  3:47 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:Believe cave to be good team not great
But good sports health is needed. Can't understate healthy NBA players importance

In short Kevin Love and Kylie Irving need NBA resume developed to show on court time 85% in 2014/2015
I don't see it until WE see it, one or both of them going down just like their NBA health\history resumes show

I agree! They have a lot of question marks that will become more apparent once the excitement has died down

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/26/2014  4:55 PM
Love is kinda suspect, he failed to at least get his team to the playoffs in any of his 6 seasons in Mini.

If this was melo, the bashing would be endless.

ES
DJMUSIC

8/26/2014  7:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Love is kinda suspect, he failed to at least get his team to the playoffs in any of his 6 seasons in Mini.

If this was melo, the bashing would be endless.

Agreed

Believes Cavs lucky if they get K Love to play between 45-70 games all year
And better yet be 90-100 % healthy at NBA playoff time

alwaysaknick
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #5711

8/26/2014  8:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2014  8:22 PM
Looking back at their records, not too bad at all on their health issue but chemistry could definitely be a problem, it may take them over half a season to gel.
RonRon
Member: #246
8/26/2014  8:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2014  9:00 PM
We should still come up with a philosophy/game plan as well as assembling a roster in 2015 and after on how to match up against them if we are thinking about being a contender

With CA and Calderon making 30m combined, about half of the salary cap, we need to find steals, contract friendly fits, huge upgrades of versatile 2 way talents
Though the salary cap is expected to raise 5m each year, from 58m to about 68m by 2015/16
It will not be easy

I have Tony Wroten in mind in a trade
Whether he will play PG, starting or backup *change of pace BIG PG*, some SG as the 2nd ball handler
We would have 2 more years at his rookie scaled salary and think it would be in our best interest to buy him now while his value will multiply in the season with his potential

Jeff Green who has a player option of 10m at SG
While he could play some SG/SF and even and undersized PF on switches if needed vs shooters
Would Jeff Green, Fisher, Longstaff and Chris Brinkley, Phil Jackson, and the Garden/New YORK incease our changes

finding a SF/PF that has the ability defend the likes of Lebron/Durant and even Kevin Love at times
He is in TEAM USA because he has the talent/versatility and his value was once at an all time low, while looking better last season
If the price is right, I think Rudy Gay has this ability, while still making them work on DEF, 5-12m preferably lower the better
Monta Ellis made 7-8m, taking less to contend, I think Gay would need to do the same as well as make some changes to his game both on and off the court, as well as adding some speed/quickness and DEF

If we can acquire the talent at a nice price above and still acquire Durant/Noah in trades, it is one of the ways I can see us matching up vs the talent that Cleveland has assembled
Even then we still need a lot of work to do
Needing CA to make some pitches to recruit some talent to join him, even Rudy Gay to sign for less
Though we would need them to do what Kevin Love did, forcing a trade, saying "I will not resign with any team but with The NYK's"
Draft rights to 2015 1st rounder, 2018 1st rounder, some spare parts/fill ins, and a bit more asset's could is the price I would look to pay for an ALL STAR caliber player

Even then we need to find the
Robert Horry's, Steve Kerr's, as well many solid role players and FITS

Fortunately the 5m MLE is raising to about 6m next season that we could use to assemble talent
If we can use the MLE 2 years in a row, as well as doing the above, I think we could build a contender

This is year 1 of the triangle vs a team that has been running it for many years

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/26/2014  8:53 PM
Kevin love is one of the worst defenders in the league he makes amare look like Marc Gasol defensively ... He will get exposed. heck even the worst offensive player in Tyson chandler exposed Kevin love last year and had a monster offensive game vs the t wolves even the announcers were saying t chandler was yelling this guy is soft on defense ... Again K love is a awful defender and without a great defensive center to help him he will be foul prone and opposing players can walk past this guy that's how slow he is defensively... He'll wish he never left the small media market that didn't expose his piss poor defense like the Cleveland papers will.. Esp with the world media lebron brings.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/26/2014  10:14 PM
I think if the Cavs score more points then the opponent they are sure to win!!!

Seems like The Cavs have yet to play a game so perhaps maybe they should could might be open to some critique but I see:

1. They have to go to training camp. Have drills, some bonding exercises and run thru Blatts playbook.
2. Have exhibition games, use the 48 minutes to not just play the starters, but try out different combinations of players!!!
3. Then I think they will try to win once the regular season starts!

Love vs Melo? Love "didn't make the playoffs in 6 years? Last I saw its a team game right? Melo had a team around him in Denver. It was like come playoff time came Denvers opponents scored more points so they won!!!!!

This is amazing stuff here guys! I hope your appreciate it!

Regards,

Captain Obvious

DJMUSIC

8/27/2014  3:30 PM
Nalod wrote:I think if the Cavs score more points then the opponent they are sure to win!!!

Seems like The Cavs have yet to play a game so perhaps maybe they should could might be open to some critique but I see:

1. They have to go to training camp. Have drills, some bonding exercises and run thru Blatts playbook.
2. Have exhibition games, use the 48 minutes to not just play the starters, but try out different combinations of players!!!
3. Then I think they will try to win once the regular season starts!

Love vs Melo? Love "didn't make the playoffs in 6 years? Last I saw its a team game right? Melo had a team around him in Denver. It was like come playoff time came Denvers opponents scored more points so they won!!!!!

This is amazing stuff here guys! I hope your appreciate it!

Regards,

Captain Obvious

Good points CO
But I see it slightly different, in that those Melon Denver teams was more balance for their success in early Melo pre-knocks years
Thus nuggets a competitive team.

Throw in fact on paper this LBJ,Kylie,K.Love trio easily bests the Carmelo nuggets team i.e. and easily Carmelo NO LBJ
And Billups NO Kylie Irving but nuggets still made years of NBA playoffs in tough NBA west.

Now you come to defense and I differ slightly, cause Defense still a factor where you get exposed and it wont matter much how many
Points your guys throw up in regular NBA season, you will lose that way in NBA playoffs.

You take pathetic offenses of Pacers 50 win team, Bulls 40 win team , even Blazers and they still won.
Add in wow em scoring teams like Rockets who were one and done, though Bulls had poorer fate to offensive only Wizards
Washington got slain by same poor scoring Indy...m. should tell us something.

sure the wizards youth and now present Cavs Love and Kylie lack experiences of playoff hoops

But if you are not durable stars nor play d or yet to learn Defense, tellspoint me your Cavalier team got lots of jelling to do.

Aint going to occur too soon LeBron's isn't going be 30 point\night scorer and defending.

Unless cavaliers get lucky there, many will be shocked in weak NBA east to see if it takes Cleveland 2-3 years easily to
Gel and get the LBJ championship contender concepts down.

Especially the ball hogged scorer first attitude of PG star Kylie Irving.
Problems loom don't let cavs limp winning record in 1/2 season fool ya.

New team, mates new coach add up to seasons of growing pains.
Least when LBJ got to Miami, heat could lead in NBA defense .. a fact

Throw out

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/27/2014  5:27 PM
I don't know why Denver is in the convo. That was then, this is now.

BTW, I think Melo at age 20, or 21, 22, etc is now a better player. Just progress.

We can break down the competition in the west in those year, or was can just move on.

I don't think marrying ideas for comparisions is always valid. Lebron is not melo. One might argue as a speciman, Leborn is better than Jordan as his powers makes others around hiim better. For all his talents, Jordan drew defenders in and thus opened up things for others in a different way. Im not debating who is better, but Lebron is MUCH better than Melo. Jordan has his bling and place in history. Kobe could not catch him but Lebron still got hope.

Bottom line is for every team to stay healthy to reach its potential and growth pains to gain chemistry.

Spurs are the defending champs and will have a good chance to defend it. They were able to be healthier in 2014 then previous '13 team that came within seconds of winning game 6.

Lebron, Like Wilt before him needs the 4 other guys.

Cavs have to be favorites out of the east but like we all can agree with, on paper is not the real deal.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/28/2014  10:51 AM
Can the new, mature Lebron do things better than his last stint at home? Obviously, everyone says yes.
Will he be able to make Love a mediocre defender, by his sheer presence?
Does he make Kyrie a better, healthier PG, by force of his will?

A lot is riding on the Best Player On The Planet Playing Right Here And Now. And I mean, a lot.

LeQ, first day in camp: "So what the eff is a Blatt?"

Lebron cannot match Jordan. Jordan never lost in the Finals.
Not that Lebron isn't a GOAT. He's just got too much baggage to be THE GOAT.
Too much water under the bridge for our current King.
His sheer presence will ensure Cavs don't smell a decent draft pick. And Love and Kyrie are too young and expensive now to trade for other parts.

Lieutenant JG Obvious says: Cavs are what they are.

As a well paid great Knick has mentioned recently, the season cannot start soon enough.

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/29/2014  12:31 PM
Remember when the Cavs decided Larry Hughes would be the perfect partner for Lebron and signed him to a max contract? I had completely forgotten he even existed and that he was a Knick for a couple of seasons! Can't remember- was he liked or hated as a Knick?
F500ONE
Member: #5844

8/29/2014  1:03 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:Believe Cavs to be good team not great

Would all these concerns exist if

We had their squad

Would you doubt our chances at a chip

DJMUSIC

8/30/2014  3:25 AM
F500ONE wrote:

We had their squad

squad?
you don't need resr of present squad at all outside LBJ
if ny had Lebron, end of story.
no k love no kyrie needed
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
8/30/2014  3:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:Remember when the Cavs decided Larry Hughes would be the perfect partner for Lebron and signed him to a max contract? I had completely forgotten he even existed and that he was a Knick for a couple of seasons! Can't remember- was he liked or hated as a Knick?

Me and Eny liked him- didn't as much

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

8/30/2014  4:48 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

We had their squad

squad?
you don't need resr of present squad at all outside LBJ
if ny had Lebron, end of story.
no k love no kyrie needed

Well obviously you need something alongside of note

Lebron 2-5 in the Finals

Yes your chances spike dramatically with the addition of Lebron

But let's stop shortchanging his current roster

I believe he's lost 30% of his Conference Finals matches

Is it easy to acquire better talents than Love-Kyrie-Waiters

In minority but still believe CAVs LBJ, Kylie, Kevin Love Cavs .. to have #1 problem: Good health

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy