GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I have no problem with Phil giving troubled players a chance, but JR is so far beyond the pale when it comes to lacking character that I believe even Phil wants no part of him beyond next season. I know Im just guessing here. I have no respect for Tyson for the reasons you gave, Shump has been in the league long enough to be able to make a fing layup. He is so athletic, he could be one of the best SGs in the league if he were as concerned with his game as he is with his image. Maybe that changes next season, hope so.

This is the whole point of having Phil, Fish and the staff here. It's not realistic to think you can just fix this team with FA's or just the draft. You have to also find a way to get more out of the talent you already have. JR is a talent in this league. He's been an idiot but he also showed his talent winning the 6th Man of the Year award. IMO that isn't even as good as he could play if taught how to play WINNING BB. That's what Phil and co. are here to do. Phil at least has some experience dealing with difficult personalities. If anyone has a chance to get thru to our players it's this coaching staff and Prez. That is a very good thing for this franchise.

As I said (and you overlooked) I have no problem giving troubled players a chance, but JR is in a league of his own. Don't think its realistic to believe that Phil/Fish can help every troubled player in this league. This team doesn't need the distraction JR has been in the past

Bynum wasnt listening to Phil or Fisher by the time he left LA and Phil got him 3 rings. If JR is having a good, season he should be tradeable, and Im guessing that Phil will make a move.

I didn't overlook what u said. I disagree with your take on JR. Bynum IMO is worse than JR! I think JR can be reached. If they do get JR focused he's a very good player to have. You may be right about Phil trading him but that doesn't happen if they can't get him turned around and if they do then why trade him?

I disagree about JR, he has been a complete failure in every playoff series as a Knick. At least Bynum has delivered when the chips were down. Smtih was responsible for the death of another human being because of his recklessness, and afterward he swore he was a changed man, but he continued getting arrested over his driving habits. That's why I say that as far as character is concerned, JR is in a league of his own, and cant be trusted on or off the court.

The reason we want to trade JR when he starts playing well is that you never know when he is going to fall back on bad habits, and those bad habits always resurface. Would be great to trade him for a big to add some depth to our front line.

If Rodman, and Artest manage to tone it down in order to win a ring under phils watch, then I dont see why JR can't.

I agree the dude has been a complete failure in the playoffs, but with multiple back ups, I don't think he's a high priority to get rid of, he just makes the depth chart that much deeper.

Rodman had 2 rings before Phil, and Artest was treated for mental illness. With JR, he's given that "Im a changed man speech before, on an off the court. At some point I believe you have to cut bait before the next implosion. He doesn't handle adversity well.

Hey, I hope JR stays under control, but I'd rather not give him a role where the team's success depended on it. Would much rather have him come off the bench and not give him too many minutes.

As high as i am on JR, i won't even argue this point, because for the most part i think your right. I mean that's been his story from day one, which is why he can't become a all star. Nothing in the world is worst than someone who's inconsistant, you just can't depend on them ever..It's like one month he playes like an all star, the next month he plays like a 6th man, the next month he plays like a 12th man, some times quarter to quarter. But even with that being said, I think he is going to have a really good yr under fish and phil

It wouldn't surprise me either if JR played well, hopefully that will extend to the playoffs.

this is the BS about JR i hate

Ah, this is the defiant, outraged, boastful J.R. Smith we’ve been missing.
Late Monday night, Smith — whose quiet summer had been marked by closed workouts with Carmelo Anthony and humble statements about wanting to be more of a leader for the revamped Knicks — lashed out on Instagram at critics real and imagined, boasting he’s on track to become one of the best shooters in NBA history.

“They said I wouldn’t make it! I did!” he wrote in a caption of a photo of some red sneakers. “They said I wouldn’t stay! This is my 11th yr! They said you can’t shoot like that in the league! I’m on pace to be one of the best shooters the game had ever seen! Bottom line what yall say don’t me sh@$ What I do says everything! #Gone”
One of the best shooters the game had ever seen? Surely Smith would need to marshal some evidence, some stats to back up the grandiose claim. Soon after, he added this photo to Instagram, presumably some chart of shooting prowess on which he is ranked 30th, just behind renowned deadeye and recent Hall of Famer Mitch Richmond:

The font is something of a giveaway: It’s the Wikipedia list of career 3-point scoring leaders, ranked in order of made 3s.
Smith uses a pretty tight crop, though, and leaves out his shooting percentage of .371, which is measurably worse than, say, Shane Battier’s (No. 37). Immediately behind Smith on the list is Allan Houston, a Knicks great now in the team’s front office, so wouldn’t want to highlight that either. Chuckers ahead of Smith on the list include: Nick Van Exel, Antoine Walker, Baron Davis.

Play ball doggs and stfu

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/26/2014  6:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I have no problem with Phil giving troubled players a chance, but JR is so far beyond the pale when it comes to lacking character that I believe even Phil wants no part of him beyond next season. I know Im just guessing here. I have no respect for Tyson for the reasons you gave, Shump has been in the league long enough to be able to make a fing layup. He is so athletic, he could be one of the best SGs in the league if he were as concerned with his game as he is with his image. Maybe that changes next season, hope so.

This is the whole point of having Phil, Fish and the staff here. It's not realistic to think you can just fix this team with FA's or just the draft. You have to also find a way to get more out of the talent you already have. JR is a talent in this league. He's been an idiot but he also showed his talent winning the 6th Man of the Year award. IMO that isn't even as good as he could play if taught how to play WINNING BB. That's what Phil and co. are here to do. Phil at least has some experience dealing with difficult personalities. If anyone has a chance to get thru to our players it's this coaching staff and Prez. That is a very good thing for this franchise.

As I said (and you overlooked) I have no problem giving troubled players a chance, but JR is in a league of his own. Don't think its realistic to believe that Phil/Fish can help every troubled player in this league. This team doesn't need the distraction JR has been in the past

Bynum wasnt listening to Phil or Fisher by the time he left LA and Phil got him 3 rings. If JR is having a good, season he should be tradeable, and Im guessing that Phil will make a move.

I didn't overlook what u said. I disagree with your take on JR. Bynum IMO is worse than JR! I think JR can be reached. If they do get JR focused he's a very good player to have. You may be right about Phil trading him but that doesn't happen if they can't get him turned around and if they do then why trade him?

I disagree about JR, he has been a complete failure in every playoff series as a Knick. At least Bynum has delivered when the chips were down. Smtih was responsible for the death of another human being because of his recklessness, and afterward he swore he was a changed man, but he continued getting arrested over his driving habits. That's why I say that as far as character is concerned, JR is in a league of his own, and cant be trusted on or off the court.

The reason we want to trade JR when he starts playing well is that you never know when he is going to fall back on bad habits, and those bad habits always resurface. Would be great to trade him for a big to add some depth to our front line.

If Rodman, and Artest manage to tone it down in order to win a ring under phils watch, then I dont see why JR can't.

I agree the dude has been a complete failure in the playoffs, but with multiple back ups, I don't think he's a high priority to get rid of, he just makes the depth chart that much deeper.

Rodman had 2 rings before Phil, and Artest was treated for mental illness. With JR, he's given that "Im a changed man speech before, on an off the court. At some point I believe you have to cut bait before the next implosion. He doesn't handle adversity well.

Hey, I hope JR stays under control, but I'd rather not give him a role where the team's success depended on it. Would much rather have him come off the bench and not give him too many minutes.

As high as i am on JR, i won't even argue this point, because for the most part i think your right. I mean that's been his story from day one, which is why he can't become a all star. Nothing in the world is worst than someone who's inconsistant, you just can't depend on them ever..It's like one month he playes like an all star, the next month he plays like a 6th man, the next month he plays like a 12th man, some times quarter to quarter. But even with that being said, I think he is going to have a really good yr under fish and phil

It wouldn't surprise me either if JR played well, hopefully that will extend to the playoffs.

Late Monday night, Smith — whose quiet summer had been marked by closed workouts with Carmelo Anthony and humble statements about wanting to be more of a leader for the revamped Knicks — lashed out on Instagram at critics real and imagined, boasting he’s on track to become one of the best shooters in NBA history.

“They said I wouldn’t make it! I did!” he wrote in a caption of a photo of some red sneakers. “They said I wouldn’t stay! This is my 11th yr! They said you can’t shoot like that in the league! I’m on pace to be one of the best shooters the game had ever seen! Bottom line what yall say don’t me sh@$ What I do says everything! #Gone”
One of the best shooters the game had ever seen? Surely Smith would need to marshal some evidence, some stats to back up the grandiose claim. Soon after, he added this photo to Instagram, presumably some chart of shooting prowess on which he is ranked 30th, just behind renowned deadeye and recent Hall of Famer Mitch Richmond:

The font is something of a giveaway: It’s the Wikipedia list of career 3-point scoring leaders, ranked in order of made 3s.
Smith uses a pretty tight crop, though, and leaves out his shooting percentage of .371, which is measurably worse than, say, Shane Battier’s (No. 37). Immediately behind Smith on the list is Allan Houston, a Knicks great now in the team’s front office, so wouldn’t want to highlight that either. Chuckers ahead of Smith on the list include: Nick Van Exel, Antoine Walker, Baron Davis.

Play ball doggs and stfu

It doesnt qualify as an implosion, but it does show that JR is absolutely clueless. Season hasn't even started yet and once again JR is leading with his mouth, not by his actions. Im sure Phil loved it.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

8/27/2014  1:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2014  2:09 AM
I know the 15-man roster's basically set already but I'm still interested to see what the training camp and preseason rosters will look like. Last year we brought in Ike Diogu and he looked good; good enough to make the team. The yr before that it was Henry Sims. We swung and missed on a couple of stiffs this summer out in Vegas (Jordan Henriquez, Cameron Moore, Jordan Vandenberg) but there's still time to ink up a few good bigs for training camp that I think could surprise: C Marcus Cousin, C Daniel Orton, C Hassan Whiteside, PF Jamelle Hagins, PF Richard Howell, PF Trevor Mbakwe, PF Renan Lenz. Probably not a star in the bunch, just good solid young role-playing bigs that would come cheap; guys that could fit in nicely around our core talent. Guys like Outlaw and Pablo could always be moved or waived to make room for a promising big (to go along with Quincy Acy -- let's not forget about this guy. Gotta believe he's in the plans for next year). Maybe some of these guys might be worth adding to the Westchester squad if there's no room on our NBA roster...Beggars can't be choosers..
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
8/27/2014  11:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Play ball doggs and stfu

People over react ridiculously to JR- he can say what he likes in his free time, just like everyone else can. He does have a life outside of work you know. I don't get why people get so worked up so easily.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/27/2014  2:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Play ball doggs and stfu

People over react ridiculously to JR- he can say what he likes in his free time, just like everyone else can. He does have a life outside of work you know. I don't get why people get so worked up so easily.

Because JR has said and done a lot of really stupid ish over the last few years and hasn't delivered when it mattered. As knicks1248 said, he should just STFU and play ball until he does deliver.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/28/2014  11:17 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I like Mozgov over all those guys sans Marc Gasol. Didn't we have Mozgov

Soooo you don't know if Mozgov was once a Knick?? You sure you're a Knciks fan??

Didn't we have Lin?

and Toney Douglas?
and Landry Fields?
and Andy Rautins?
and Toure Murray?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/28/2014  11:18 AM
Nalod wrote:Be nice if we had a young new coach!

And some new, credible management type!

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
8/28/2014  11:30 AM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Play ball doggs and stfu

dude is a C-L-O-W-N CLOWN and he is an employee of the knickerbockers

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
We have zero big men signed next year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy