[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We have zero big men signed next year
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/24/2014  12:34 PM
None. We have atleast 43.5 and up to 50mm on the cap next year to start and there will be potentially 20 teams with more cap space. Depending how high our draft pick is the number can be 45 thats with JR Smith Hardaway Larkin and Shumpert on the team.

Signed players as of now for next year

Melo=23
Jose C-7
Smith 6.7
Shumpert 3.8
Larkin 1.5mm
prigs 1.7mm
draft pick/1-4mm
Hardaway 1.3mm
-------------------------
43-50??

cap number=70 something--so wed have 20+mm to build a frontline and the rest of a team--shows why we cant trade for a Bledsoe etc..anyway

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
8/24/2014  12:39 PM
Marc Gasol and Milsap will rectify that!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/24/2014  1:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:Marc Gasol and Milsap will rectify that!

Think we have a shot at both?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
smackeddog
8/24/2014  1:22 PM
EnySpree wrote:

I think we have a shot at Milsap- I'm doubtful about Gasol though

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/24/2014  1:25 PM
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Hopefully Calderon being in NY is a draw for Gasol. ZBO taking the pay cut certainly makes Memphis look like the front runner at this point.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/24/2014  1:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I like Milsap and Melo at the 4-3....We'd need a center so aside from Marc, who's out there?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/24/2014  1:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2014  1:40 PM
So if we have $20m to spend we have no shot at Milsap and Gasol. Thanks Melo for not signing for $115-$118m. Would've had enough for both or more options at least had he took A LITTLE less
smackeddog
8/24/2014  1:43 PM
gunsnewing wrote:So if we have $20m to spend we have no shot at Milsap and Gasol. Thanks Melo for not signing for $115-$118m. Would've had enough for both or more options at least had he took A LITTLE less

We can free up more by vanquishing JR and shump

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/24/2014  2:43 PM
gunsnewing wrote:So if we have $20m to spend we have no shot at Milsap and Gasol. Thanks Melo for not signing for $115-$118m. Would've had enough for both or more options at least had he took A LITTLE less

How many times are we gonna go thru this? The amounts of extra cap space we'd be talking about are not as much as it might sound. We've run the numbers before in other threads. The thing is that it was more important to KEEP Melo for the plan going forward. Phil and his staff are the only ones who actually knows what the plan is. That said it's just a PLAN. It's not a lock that you can get a FA to sign with you even if you have money. None of us know what Gasol will want to do. He may not want to leave Memphis. We can't make him sign with us.

We may not actually do a straight FA signing. It may be a trade or two that results in this team getting the help it needs. In any event it will not be easy to rebuild this team with so few options out there that will be readily available next summer. It's going to be extremely important to develop some of the players we already have and make the need for new additions smaller.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/24/2014  2:57 PM
nixluva wrote:

How many times are we gonna go thru this? The amounts of extra cap space we'd be talking about are not as much as it might sound. We've run the numbers before in other threads. The thing is that it was more important to KEEP Melo for the plan going forward. Phil and his staff are the only ones who actually knows what the plan is. That said it's just a PLAN. It's not a lock that you can get a FA to sign with you even if you have money. None of us know what Gasol will want to do. He may not want to leave Memphis. We can't make him sign with us.

We may not actually do a straight FA signing. It may be a trade or two that results in this team getting the help it needs. In any event it will not be easy to rebuild this team with so few options out there that will be readily available next summer. It's going to be extremely important to develop some of the players we already have and make the need for new additions smaller.

Exactly, I can't figure out why some of you keep trying to figure out away to get 50 million in cap space. Ya'll act like everybody is lined up to play in NY, no other team has cap space..smh

ES
gunsnewing
USA
8/24/2014  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2014  2:58 PM
The only way this will work is if we develop our own talent you are right about that. Problem is Melo is not getting younger
F500ONE
Member: #5844

8/24/2014  3:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Hopefully Calderon being in NY is a draw for Gasol. ZBO taking the pay cut certainly makes Memphis look like the front runner at this point.

Taking real paycuts more than likely prove to be

A very good thing, and if he leaves they have a butt load of cap space

They have the 5th year over us too

Much like we had the 5th year with Melo

F500ONE
Member: #5844

8/24/2014  3:38 PM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I like Milsap and Melo at the 4-3....We'd need a center so aside from Marc, who's out there?

Possibly

Samuel Dalembert

Andrea Bargnani

DeAndre Jordan

Robin Lopez

Kostas Koufos

Tyson Chandler

Anderson Varaejao

Robert Sacre

Via trade maybe

Javele McGee

Roy Hibbert

Andrew Bogut

If we were to land Gasol we have no room to sign anyone else

Unless the cap skyrockets

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/24/2014  3:52 PM
gunsnewing wrote:The only way this will work is if we develop our own talent you are right about that. Problem is Melo is not getting younger

Melo is likely to be effective for years. His game is not really about athletic ability. It's about his skill and shooting ability. He just has to stay in shape and should be able to remain an effective player for a good number of years barring a major injury.

More important is the continued development of the young players we have. There's still lots of upside there to be realized. JR is still a talent with good years left. THJ hasn't maxed out his talent yet. Early has a LONG way to go in his full development. We'll have a chance to draft a big and also find players who aren't high priced but have upside. What if Fish and Phil are able to get Bargs fixed? It's still a possibility. What if Cole is developed into a dependable 25 mpg big? It's really on this team to work hard to develop it's current talent as much as possible and then see what they may need to add.

gunsnewing
USA
8/24/2014  3:52 PM
I like Mozgov over all those guys sans Marc Gasol. Didn't we have Mozgov
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
8/24/2014  4:24 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I like Mozgov over all those guys sans Marc Gasol. Didn't we have Mozgov

Looks like you are just ranting to be ranting.

I'd say we will get someone in a s&t at the deadline.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/24/2014  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2014  4:26 PM
That's probably a good thing. Not saying our bigs will be a bust next season, but we will have the cap space in 2015 to upgrade the position if we need to, Phil will make room. Maybe this is Phil's plan, audition these bigs, maybe sign one to a longer deal, if a player is worth one, and jettison the rest.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

8/24/2014  4:43 PM
Cole becomes a "Monstar" and we resign him for $8-10m using his bird rights. The Knicks can wait to sign Cole and sign another FA before so everyone will fit into the cap room. Basically do what Houston tried to do.
smackeddog
8/24/2014  4:45 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I like Mozgov over all those guys sans Marc Gasol. Didn't we have Mozgov

It was 3 and a half years ago- let that **** go!

RonRon
Member: #246
8/24/2014  5:33 PM
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Possibly

Samuel Dalembert

Andrea Bargnani

DeAndre Jordan

Robin Lopez

Kostas Koufos

Tyson Chandler

Anderson Varaejao

Robert Sacre

Via trade maybe

Javele McGee

Roy Hibbert

Andrew Bogut

If we were to land Gasol we have no room to sign anyone else

Unless the cap skyrockets

Anyone think

Al Jefferson
Millsap
Melo

Next Summer,
Jefferson player option that likely will opt out*, Millsap could be both UFA's
What about one or the other, while looking for a more lower cost player like a Robin Lopez or Asik at Center, maybe even MoSgoV or/and Koufus

would work well in the Triangle together?
Are good fits on both OFF and DEF, complimenting each other?
Are good enough to match up vs our expected contenders in Cav's, Bulls, and whoever you think may be rising...
While Al Jefferson and Millsap are just about the same age as CA's, I am not sure how long Jefferson can play at a high level due to him being undersized and playing OLD SCHOOL as a bruiser but Zach Randolph has been quite consistent, who is now 33

It could weaken Atlanta, though Atlanta played without Horford and played well last season
Atlanta actually would have pretty much cap space though

but

Bobcats is actually stacked in talent and has multiple BIG's that are young
Depending on Kemba's next contract, Bobcats could have some cap space as well, as their highest paid player would be Lance/Kemba and mainly players in rookie contracts

I am a big fan of the potential of Tony Wroten, who I would consider trading STAT/AB in the deadline for with a 2020 1st round draft pick if needed, while keeping the option of using the draft rights of the 2015 draft pick and 2018 1st round draft pack as part of package to offer for a Durant/Noah *if they pushed to leave their teams like CA, D12, have done and recently acquired Kevin Love did*

We have zero big men signed next year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy