[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

True solution for next season......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/28/2004  10:30 AM
The hell with those of you who actually think that a trade for TMack or Kobe is the only thing that will take us to the top. IMO you all need to go and get your head checked. The Knicks needs help at two positons: SG and Center. We need someone to officially replace Houston in our starting lineup, if he can regain his health, I am all for keeping him, but if he can't it will be wize to either trade him or buy out his contract.

Up front, we will need to find a true Center, not a 6'10" or 6'9" guy to anchor our front line. We need to stop doing patch work. I know that there is a shortage of good big men in the league, but with a little creativity, we can manage to acquire a beast either through the draft or trade.

Stop all those crazy trade suggestions, because they are worthless. The only big name player on our squad I would love to see gone is Houston, and it is only because of his health also because he is one dimensional.

Holla back.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/28/2004  10:59 AM
No I think you are wrong. The Knicks need a superstar. NYK hasn't had one since Pat Ewing left. They have had some great players since then but no superstar. I like the idea of having a homegrown superstar but that is what I'm banking on Sweetney to be a great homegrown player who rebounds and scores. But the Knicks seriously need the next step taken for a superstar.

If the Knicks can't get a deal done then I want one player inserted into the starting lineup and that is Sweetney. Trade KT and ending contract to get into the first round. When the draft comes around I am targeting only one player because I think trading into the top 10 in the lottery is very difficult to do. The player I want the Knicks to make a move for in the draft is none other than Ha Sung. Who I think might be available around 15-30. 7'4 323lbs. He is a great athlete with stamina good shooting touch and only 17 or 18. The Knicks need to take him and develop him.
diderotn
USA
5/28/2004  11:10 AM
You must not know, I dislike Kurt Thomas, Anderson, Harrington, and HOuston. I have always advocated on trading those four names that you have mentioned. I am not at all for retaining those players. However, for folks on this board to constantly suggest trading Marburry for TMack or other players is absurd. This kid came to our organization in the middle of the season and still managed to help take this team to the playoffs, and still get no respect over Williams. That in my opinion is purely stupid. Some have asked to trade Marburry and keep Williams, because he is younger and can even become more talented with time. I am sick and tired of those silly trade idea. We have four players that should be IMO untouchables: Marb, TT, Sweet, and Demarr.
Posted by Vmart:

No I think you are wrong. The Knicks need a superstar. NYK hasn't had one since Pat Ewing left. They have had some great players since then but no superstar. I like the idea of having a homegrown superstar but that is what I'm banking on Sweetney to be a great homegrown player who rebounds and scores. But the Knicks seriously need the next step taken for a superstar.

If the Knicks can't get a deal done then I want one player inserted into the starting lineup and that is Sweetney. Trade KT and ending contract to get into the first round. When the draft comes around I am targeting only one player because I think trading into the top 10 in the lottery is very difficult to do. The player I want the Knicks to make a move for in the draft is none other than Ha Sung. Who I think might be available around 15-30. 7'4 323lbs. He is a great athlete with stamina good shooting touch and only 17 or 18. The Knicks need to take him and develop him.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/28/2004  11:36 AM
i'm sure all of you probably thought getting Stephon Marbury was out of the question this time last year as well...nothing wrong w/trying to think up possible trade ideas, as long as they offer the other team something they are looking for...in the case of Phoenix, none of us would have figured they'd be looking to dump salary towards the midpoint of the season when they had a tremendously talented team to start the season off with.

so who knows what kind of developments will take place next year? for all we know, the Blazers or Mavs might decide it's time to blow up their rosters & start over too...you never can tell what will happen.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Vmart
USA
5/28/2004  11:44 AM
Posted by TMS:

i'm sure all of you probably thought getting Stephon Marbury was out of the question this time last year as well...nothing wrong w/trying to think up possible trade ideas, as long as they offer the other team something they are looking for...in the case of Phoenix, none of us would have figured they'd be looking to dump salary towards the midpoint of the season when they had a tremendously talented team to start the season off with.

so who knows what kind of developments will take place next year? for all we know, the Blazers or Mavs might decide it's time to blow up their rosters & start over too...you never can tell what will happen.

Exactly. There is nothing wrong in trying if it happens great if it doesn't then there are other options. The worst thing that can happen is if IT doesn't try and get a superstar.
diderotn
USA
5/28/2004  11:47 AM
It is ok to suggest trades, but not the productive players that can actually help our roster. For fans to mention Marburry, TT or Sweetney on a trade package IMO is crazy. Those three should be the cornerstone of our team. TT came in late and took a little time to adjust. However, once that happened, it was all gravy until the Nets smartly sent him to the hospital. We don't need much to be a good team, we just need a training camp, an upgraded bench via trades, a healthy Houston or a replacement, and much stronger front court.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/28/2004  11:49 AM
were not getting a superstar, were not vying for a championship, and i have very litle expectations for next year. Really we should be concentrating on upgrading our talent base with younger players and build on the playoffs a bit so hopefully 3 years from now we have a legit chance at some nice things.
But this stupid stuff that we are going to trade 34 year old H2O who couldnt even play for a superstar is mind boggling.

The trade I pointed out yesterday where we would acquire Smith and Wagner is the avenue thats plausible

we could get webber and his knee could be mcdyess and we owe him 80 mm for 4 years. we could get a 32 year old mike finley who they owe 60+mm over 4 years and his fd up hamstring.

if you think we are getting kobe or tmac etc.. you are out of your goard
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
5/28/2004  11:53 AM
i agree, thinking this team has any shot at Kobe or T-Mac is unrealistic...but there are lots of other good players in this league who you may not even be thinking this team has a shot at now, but things may suddenly change for that player's team where he may possibly be dealt, & you never know what Isiah can come up with to get a player that can help this franchise get to the next level.

certainly, i'm not talking about the elite top 5 players in the game by any stretch.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
5/28/2004  12:08 PM
As I have been saying all season long, our best trade partners are at this time: the Bulls and GS.

From the Bulls we can get: Crawford, Chandler is a long shot, JYD, or Robinson

GS, we can get: Dampier, NVE, Richardson.

If we get Crawf or JYD from the Bulls and Damp, we will be vastly upgraded.

If we can only get JYD from the Bulls, and Damp from GS, we will also be better off.
if we can get both Damp and Richardson from GS, we will be an excellent team also.

Isia, please go to work.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/28/2004  12:28 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

were not getting a superstar, were not vying for a championship, and i have very litle expectations for next year.

darn pessimists.

Let us dream man, it's the offseason (or the playoffs, which is like the offseason for the Knicks recently).
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/28/2004  1:00 PM
Posted by diderotn:

As I have been saying all season long, our best trade partners are at this time: the Bulls and GS.

If we can only get JYD from the Bulls, and Damp from GS, we will also be better off.
if we can get both Damp and Richardson from GS, we will be an excellent team also.

Isia, please go to work.
Getting Dampier and Crawford would be perfect! Richardson would be great too, but I don't see who we have that GS would want to give up for him.
diderotn
USA
5/28/2004  1:01 PM
the more I think about it, is the more I disgust what Lenny did to our team last season. I can't believe he favored Anderson over Penny or Demarr. For whatever reason a lot of the fans and Lenny believed that Demarr is a SF and can't operate at the 2 guards. That IMO is the reason why we did so poorly. How can we even suggest such a thing if it wasn't even tried? That doesn't make any sense to me.

This season

Demarr and Penny should log in a lot of minutes. Please get rid of Anderson.
diderotn
USA
5/28/2004  1:05 PM
GS is trying to remain under the cap, because they want to be a major player come free agency. So revamping that team is the way to go. They already know that Damp and NVE are on their way out, at this point they will capable players that can come in and contribute immediately. Think about it, Kurt, Williams and find another team to partner with us, can ultimately make this deal possible. Maybe Dallas, San Antonio, Miami, Toronto, Atlanta, etc.

Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by diderotn:

Isia, please go to work.
Getting Dampier and Crawford would be perfect! Richardson would be great too, but I don't see who we have that GS would want to give up for him.
Vmart
USA
5/28/2004  1:23 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

were not getting a superstar, were not vying for a championship, and i have very litle expectations for next year. Really we should be concentrating on upgrading our talent base with younger players and build on the playoffs a bit so hopefully 3 years from now we have a legit chance at some nice things.
But this stupid stuff that we are going to trade 34 year old H2O who couldnt even play for a superstar is mind boggling.

The trade I pointed out yesterday where we would acquire Smith and Wagner is the avenue thats plausible

we could get webber and his knee could be mcdyess and we owe him 80 mm for 4 years. we could get a 32 year old mike finley who they owe 60+mm over 4 years and his fd up hamstring.

if you think we are getting kobe or tmac etc.. you are out of your goard

I agree with you to many degrees but the Knicks have a win now attitude. I have to ask you a question and you might know better than me but how many times a has a deal gone down where a team trades their first round pick along with a past first round pick. It rarely happens the Knicks don't have a pick so teams can trade down to and they certainly don't have what Cavs are looking for. To suggest that the Cavs won't keep Josh Smith for themselves is crazy. If he has the potential that you say he has there is no Cavs will trade him especially being a young team they would rather grow him and LeBron side by side.

As for trading TT and Williams for Smith and Wagner their salaries don't even match how will that work out unless the Knicks take back salaries from the cavs.

As far as thinking about Kobe or T-Mac. I suggested a trade I didn't say it would happen it has much a chance of happening as your Wagner and Josh Smith pipe dream. I personnally think getting a disgruntled superstar right now is easier to get than a High pick rookie.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/28/2004  1:54 PM
first round picks are traded all the time because almost every player in the NBA is a first round pick.

I assert that Josh Smith will ultimately be the best player in this draft and a potential superstar BUT i believe it will take a full 2-3 years for him to blossom. I expect him to be a back up for two years in all likelihood. If we grabbed a package that included those players we are helped in other areas and open up other possibilities for other avenues of change via the MLE KT and the ending contracts.

I dont think Clev has the time to wait on Josh Smith--hey maybe they do but they have been busy shipping out younger players. Tim Thomas gives them immediate improvement with size at the 3 and getting rid of the Ollie contract and replacing that with a player who could be very very good at the point with size--FW--is a two way deal. Im not over rating FW but weve seen his potential and playing with lebron might be a better fit for him. You put Tim Thomas and Frank Williams on Clev and they are going to the playoffs guaranteed.

That would give them
C Z 7-3
PF Boozer 6-9
SF TT 6-10
SG James 6-8
PG Mcginis 6-4
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/28/2004  4:29 PM
Posted by TMS:

I agree, I remember how crazy people thought I was when I mentioned getting marbury a while back.. you never know..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/28/2004  5:56 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by diderotn:

Isia, please go to work.

That is the key......one center and one shooting guard.

I doesn't even matter.....J Rich, Stephen Jax, Crawford, etc...
with Dampier or someone like Shareef, Walker, etc....

I feel the Knicks will get someone out of this group.

Flip Murray is another dude that could be a suprise. He was headed to the all-star game before Ray Allen came back and that dumb coach over there forgot about him....McMillen is a real idiot.

By the way diderotn.....the thread I made up about Frank and Marbury was just a topic I started to get a convo going. I did write my opinion on it later on in that thread if you would check. muah
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/29/2004  6:20 PM
Posted by diderotn:

You must not know, I dislike Kurt Thomas, Anderson, Harrington, and HOuston. I have always advocated on trading those four names that you have mentioned. I am not at all for retaining those players. However, for folks on this board to constantly suggest trading Marburry for TMack or other players is absurd. This kid came to our organization in the middle of the season and still managed to help take this team to the playoffs, and still get no respect over Williams. That in my opinion is purely stupid. Some have asked to trade Marburry and keep Williams, because he is younger and can even become more talented with time. I am sick and tired of those silly trade idea. We have four players that should be IMO untouchables: Marb, TT, Sweet, and Demarr.
Posted by Vmart:

I'd have to say Marb and sweets r really the only untouchables. To consider TT untouchable is crazy. Getting rid of him isnt our first priority, but trading him for another sf is definately an option.
diderotn
USA
6/1/2004  10:21 AM
Trading TT is an option only "if" we will be getting a : Kobe, Tmack, Shaq, Garnett, or maybe a Vince Carter in return. A trade of TT for J. Richardson and Dampier is a good one also.
TMS
USA
6/1/2004  10:31 AM
i'm not married to Tim Thomas...if Isiah can improve the team by trading him, then "see ya Tim!"...there's plenty of guys out there that i would rather have playing the SF for the Knicks than Tim Thomas...the only question is who of those players is a realistic option...there aren't many players like that who are realistically attainable that Isiah can get in exchange for a career underachiever like Tim Thomas who makes his salary.
True solution for next season......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy