Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

8/1/2014  4:11 PM
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:When I think about Lance I think about the Rautins Fields draft. WTF was up with drafting Rautins. The guy wasn't supposed to be drafted, was old for the draft, and could have been signed as an undrafted free agent. Stephenson Fields in one draft changes the franchises fortunes if the Knicks are patient with Lance.
The only reasons I can come up with for drafting Rautins are he could hit the three and his dad played in Italy when the coach at the time did.

I agree about Rautins. But I honestly don't believe Lance would've thrived in NY. Too many distraction and there isn't a Larry Bird here to hold his hand. Maybe things would have been different if Phish were here at the time.

He'd have Phil Jackson who got through to Dennis Rodman, Lamar Odom and Metta World Peace. Because of that, I might've been inclined to pursue him this summer with the infrastructure we now have in place.

Those three all got to Phil later in their careers. They had established themselves by the time they were Trianglisized.

PHil has not much history in drafting young bone heads or am I missing something?

Basically Lance at 24 would likley be ok in NY and Phisched.

You got me there. I do wonder how Stephenson responds to being snubbed from the all-star game and of a contract worthy of his play. Reports say that he took it personally; hopefully he'll use it as motivation to get his act together.

AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

8/1/2014  4:14 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Am I the only guy that believed in Rautins? LOL, I thought he'd become what Marco Belinelli was/is today (particularly as a Bull).

Best shooter in the pre-draft workouts, I think, then he gets on the floor in SL and seemingly forgets how to put the ball in the basket.

I never thought he would start, but did think he could get a few minutes each night and hit some 3s.

....you'd think as much in D'Antoni's offense and the lack of 2-guards on the team at the time. Unfortunately for Rautins, his opportunity to play came toward the end of the season when he was injured. Had he not been included in the Chandler deal that offseason, I think he would've found the traction to get some looks from other teams in the league.

Just Out of Curiosity...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy