[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Briggs: Regarding Shaun Livingston..
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/27/2004  10:25 AM
A guy that works with me is from Illinois, he knew about Frank williams before he was in college and was telling me how good this kid will be, now he like you, are telling me about another proeria Ill. product in Livingston. He brought in some articles and he is high on Livingston. Now I know a while back you were talking about getting this kid if you can, even if it meant getting rid of williams, and I thought you were crazy, but my co-worker is very high on livingston, he said he plays point but can turn into a nice SG, once he develops his jumper but he has a lot of all around skills... Do you think he will be a late 1st rounder or do you think this kid has lottery potential?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/27/2004  4:36 PM
Livingston's one of the best pure passers I've ever seen. People say he's the next Penny Hardaway/Magic Johnson, as he's 6'7" but a pure point.

No way he falls past the 5th pick.
#Knickstaps
tkf
5/27/2004  6:05 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Livingston's one of the best pure passers I've ever seen. People say he's the next Penny Hardaway/Magic Johnson, as he's 6'7" but a pure point.

No way he falls past the 5th pick.

wow... that is interesting, but at 18, he is no way ready to run a team as a PG IMO.. that has to be the hardest position on the floor to run..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/27/2004  6:16 PM
I saw him 3 times and my conclusion is that I would pass with a high pick. His frame is underwhelming and he is NO Penny Hardaway IMHO. If he slipped past players that I liked into the teens he would be a nice risk play there IMHO.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
5/27/2004  6:25 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I saw him 3 times and my conclusion is that I would pass with a high pick. His frame is underwhelming and he is NO Penny Hardaway IMHO. If he slipped past players that I liked into the teens he would be a nice risk play there IMHO.

I saw some clips on the kidd, he looks slick, and yes he looks real skinny, but if he were available in the late teens, would you like to see the knicks move up to try and get him?

personally I think Kirk snyder is going to be a steal in this draft, strong, good athlete and can play D..
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
5/27/2004  7:28 PM
Livingston has some of the best raw talent I have ever seen from a player, period. However, he still needs a lot of work on his game (especially his jumpshot). I honestly think this kid is gonna be very good in a couple of years (he is such a pure passer). If I had a top 10 pick and I could use a PG then I would definitely take a gamble on Livingston, IMO he is gonna be a very good PG in this league. I doubt that he drops past the 10th pick.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/27/2004  9:27 PM
speaking on Frank Williams.....Slam magazine says Frank is somewhat of a play ground legend in Illinois. I think Frank might be a real sleeper on this team....Makes you wonder if Trading all those chips for Marbury was even worth it.

I'm only starting trouble cuz I've never seem Livingston play.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/28/2004  1:11 AM
Being a playground legend doesn't mean shyat if you are in the NBA. All you need is to have sick moves that you will rarely be allowed to do, in the NBA, and some verticle leaping ability, so you can do cool dunks and blocked shots. You also have to know how to dance a little. The NBA is REAL BASKETBALL. Most of those street legends don't amound to anything, if they make the NBA.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
5/28/2004  3:52 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

The NBA is REAL BASKETBALL.

wow, a true believer...
Briggs: Regarding Shaun Livingston..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy