[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/31/2014  11:09 AM
damnit we need some news... day in, day out, all these threads are the same crappy one
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
7/31/2014  11:11 AM
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:he's young. there's still hope for Paul George

Hope that he won't become Melo? Lol

Don't worry he doesn't have the offensive skillset

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

only $35mil more? Isn't it for like $90mil more for Melo?

George is a max player. Just for a lesser amount cause he's younger.

5 years/91 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

I could care less about Max labels.

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

He probably should be making what Harden is making at best $80mil.

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

That's impossible, don't be silly.

There's nothing silly about what I said.

There's language in the NBA currently defining Rookie Scale Max///// often referred to as Derrick Rose Max

Go look it up if you think I'm bluffing

The rookie scale is calculated by draft pick number. That's based on a number, what you're suggesting is purely subjective. How do you think it should be determined (in your hypothetical example) who gets the max? What determinants would be used to say this player is truly worth a Max and this one isn't?

There's this wonderful tool I used to find this information.

I fired up another tab in my browser locating it on this thing called the internet

According to a memo NBPA Executive Director Billy Hunter sent to his Board of Directors, the tentative agreement between the NBPA and NBA included the following change for max salaries:

“Max Salary: A player finishing his rookie scale contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 30% of the Cap (up from 25%) if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd or 3rd team All-NBA 2 times; an All-Star starter 2 times; or 1-time MVP.”

They need to add more language here as you graduate to the different levels of Max.

So 35% Max which comes in seasons 7-9 I believe could say something like

According to a memo NBPA Executive Director Billy Hunter sent to his Board of Directors, the tentative agreement between the NBPA and NBA included the following change for max salaries:

“Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

Every player can't be considered an absolute Max every time they're due up for a contract, just because they maintained status quo play.

That is great information. Can you provide the link where you found that? On a side note, that sounds very ownership friendly coming from a guy that represents and negotiates for the players.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one [Scroll Down]

When I said I wasn't bluffing I wasn't

Hey fisherman fishlips dude or whoever you are take notes.

When someone ask for links provide them

There's a reason the owners wanted this language in the new deal.

Dollars to Apple Fritters it gets modified again

My guess it was to prevent Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas type deals from taking place again

We have Derrick Rose Max, Kobe Max-Super Max

In the new deal I want to see 'No Melo Max'.

good post... Melo started 6 all star games. So I guess by the info you provided he's a max player.

all-star appearances are the least-worthy criterion since the all-star games are based on popularity only. nice try though.

Um. He was referring to this in the post he quoted. Nice try though.
Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

that's his OWN language he is adding, and off the top of his head (etc. etc.). aren't you tired of trying to make me look stupid? it hasn't worked for over two years.

F5 said that is from a billy Hunter memo. Not sure what you are talking about.

actually, it works and he's not even really trying.

for dunces it works. i am certain it works for you.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/31/2014  11:13 AM
foosballnick wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Melo wouldn't start an Allstar game in that era

Yeah and Melo won't be making the HOF in any era, either. Please, the Whorenyets.com site needs an admin. Now.

Nets?

Thought you were quoted as being on the fasttrack to Charlotte once this Melonoma of a season started?

Nalod already has all the admin logins for the Nets.

Right Charlotte. Never the Nets

So are you just sticking around to troll here then? Because based upon your posts in this thread it certainly seems that way.

If and when the time comes to finally abandon the Knicks I will let you and Jrod know

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/31/2014  11:15 AM
F500ONE wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

5 years/91.5 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

The complaining about Melo would be far less if that was his contract, its the Super Max that is the Killer with him

George got the max too. It's an NBA problem which F5 touched on but all we heard was Melo was willing to take less to get talent from his black book here. He took $124mil over $129 which means he will continue to be surrounded by a flawed roster. A roster that lacks championship talent

For the record PG and Kyrie both took 27.5% Max not 30%

Guess what it equates to/////

$7mil on the table beating Melo's ever so charitable $5mil give back.

But wait the difference is only a measly $2mil

This could be true, not a huge difference

I imagine same meaningless difference in giving the home team a measly $1.4mil discount in cap space

if you think Kyrie took less to help his team your just wrong. Another good example of holding Melo to standards that arent actual, only fabricated to make your points (which Im still not clear on).

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/kyrie-irvings-contract-actually-falls-short-of-max/

What Irving did was get the most money and set himself up to be a FA earlier (by getting the PO last year). It was a calculated risk to make more, not TAKE less.

But tell youself differently and then post why can Melo be more like Kyrie.

I get it... Thadeus Young is the 7th leading scorer on his team when they made the playoffs two years ago and you tout his playoff contributions. Melo carries the weight and he's a selfish money whore.. I get it. I see your agenda and your flavor of player. Points taken and noted.

You're driving my point home.

I'm saying their give back wasn't real, neither was Melo's in any discerning way

At the same time PG and Kyrie didn't take all the money on the table on their first big deal.

This isn't their 3rd or 4th coupe

What I'm confirming via PG and Kyrie's contract///// Melo's less pay raise is absolutely irrelevant come 2015.

I may email Sham to see if he can provide no trade clauses and trade kicker details on their generosity

For the record Bosh is immensely overpaid but he took a mountain like paycut compared to some on his previous contract

the difference is Melo actaully took less than offered. Kyrie took less then the max because opting out earlier will translate into more money later, and if he starts in the all star game (who else would start in the East after Rose/Kyrie?) he gets more cash.

You may dismiss something in the future to fuel your point, but 2015 isnt here yet, so maybe wait until then before you declare any addition cap wiggle as worthless?

And Bosh left $15mm on the table by going to Miami, but that was over 6 years. As he only played 4 the number is closer to $7-$8mm. Hey... doesnt that # sound familiar?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
7/31/2014  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2014  11:21 AM
dk7th wrote:the triangle offense requires cutting, moving without the ball, passing. that's not melo's game skippy
ahh... the liar and realgm exile speaks!

As its been proven you lie about the ball you (dont) watch how would you know what Melo's game is? Maybe you read the hoopshype scouting report?

http://hoopshype.com/players/carmelo_anthony.htm
read this kind of stuff and you can pretend to contribute. Go DK!

foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

7/31/2014  11:35 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Another one is if by some kind of miracle Phil & Derek elevate these players and future non lottery picks to stars and key role players but that scenario is least likely to happen and buy the time guys develop Melo will be 35. You might win a flukey championship that way. I just wanted a team that could legitmately compete for a ring every year. Like it was in the 90s

There seem to be a couple of serious flaws in your statements in this thread......

1) The 90's Knicks did not win a championship......nor did they really even compete for a ring year in and year out. They lost in the 1st Round once, 2nd Round - 5 times, Conference Finals twice, and Finals Twice. So they essentially competed for a Ring twice. The second time to the Finals was kind of fluky as they were an 8th seed who made a major run in the playoffs.

2) The 90's Knicks were not a team of "stars".......so your analogy of elevating non-lottery picks to stars does not make sense. The early 90's Knicks were built around Ewing and the star and tough minded role players....in a defensive minded system coached by Riley (and later JVG). The later 90's teams were built around an aging Ewing and Houston with a bunch of role players - still focused on defense first.

3) In this thread you have essentially stated that Melo's salary is/will be a cap killer. Over the past 4 years (and through 2014/15)....the real "cap killing" contract on the Knicks has been Amare. The strategy is probably to remove Amare's contract either through trade or attrition, and replace him with another Max player ....or several very good role players to improve the team.

4) The cap increased by 5 million to $63.2 Mil this coming year and the feeling is that it will continue to rise in coming years due to TV revenue. This lessens the impact of Melo's contract in coming years. The real question is not if Phil and Derek elevate non-lottery picks to stars.....but if they can wisely use picks and acquisitions as useful and economic role players and do not "throw away" future picks in trades to surround Melo (and perhaps a second "star" type of player). The one benefit of the new CBA is that there appear to be useful role players available every year at or close to the vet min.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/31/2014  11:42 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:damnit we need some news... day in, day out, all these threads are the same crappy one

Actually there is at least 1 valuable nugget in this thread.

25% Max is the new 30% Max-Criteria Max-D-Rose Max

There are players almost as greedy and charitable in the same breath.

When I think of PG and Kyrie's situation a little more

Reasons exist to D-Rose max them/////

PG major factor as to why Indiana were-are contenders.

Kyrie major factor in bringing Lebron Home

Dazed and Confused as to why a team pays another player $200mil in 4yrs.

I'll keep searching for clarity and solace

gunsnewing
USA
7/31/2014  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2014  11:48 AM
foosballnick wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Another one is if by some kind of miracle Phil & Derek elevate these players and future non lottery picks to stars and key role players but that scenario is least likely to happen and buy the time guys develop Melo will be 35. You might win a flukey championship that way. I just wanted a team that could legitmately compete for a ring every year. Like it was in the 90s

There seem to be a couple of serious flaws in your statements in this thread......

1) The 90's Knicks did not win a championship......nor did they really even compete for a ring year in and year out. They lost in the 1st Round once, 2nd Round - 5 times, Conference Finals twice, and Finals Twice. So they essentially competed for a Ring twice. The second time to the Finals was kind of fluky as they were an 8th seed who made a major run in the playoffs.

2) The 90's Knicks were not a team of "stars".......so your analogy of elevating non-lottery picks to stars does not make sense. The early 90's Knicks were built around Ewing and the star and tough minded role players....in a defensive minded system coached by Riley (and later JVG). The later 90's teams were built around an aging Ewing and Houston with a bunch of role players - still focused on defense first.

3) In this thread you have essentially stated that Melo's salary is/will be a cap killer. Over the past 4 years (and through 2014/15)....the real "cap killing" contract on the Knicks has been Amare. The strategy is probably to remove Amare's contract either through trade or attrition, and replace him with another Max player ....or several very good role players to improve the team.

4) The cap increased by 5 million to $63.2 Mil this coming year and the feeling is that it will continue to rise in coming years due to TV revenue. This lessens the impact of Melo's contract in coming years. The real question is not if Phil and Derek elevate non-lottery picks to stars.....but if they can wisely use picks and acquisitions as useful and economic role players and do not "throw away" future picks in trades to surround Melo (and perhaps a second "star" type of player). The one benefit of the new CBA is that there appear to be useful role players available every year at or close to the vet min.

Not a terrible post but where is the Ewing on this team? My whole point is Melo needs to be surrounded by players who can mask his deficiencies. Ewing didn't need as much. The Knicks failed to get him any help. Melo has a lot of holes in an era where there was no cap. I hope we will have the cap space to fill those holes

gunsnewing
USA
7/31/2014  11:56 AM
Ewing could dominate a game defensively. When melo's **** isn't falling which is more often than not he gives you nothing defensively. Even worst he rarely does anything to elevate the players around him. I he did early during the 54win season. Remember the first time we beat the Spurs. Melo was off but made plays for others? We don't see that Melo enough to warrant eating up a huge chunk of the cap. Defensively he is just lazy and plays defense with his hands not his feet
fishmike
USA
7/31/2014  11:59 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
foosballnick wrote:

Not a terrible post but where is the Ewing on this team? My whole point is Melo needs to be surrounded by players who can mask his deficiencies. Ewing didn't need as much. The Knicks failed to get him any help. Melo has a lot of holes in an era where there was no cap. I hope we will have the cap space to fill those holes

$25mm plus next year. Also a first rounder, and you get a year to see if Cole, Jason Smith, THjr, Larkin or Early can be main guys in the rotation. Maybe not a sure first blue chip but some guys with good upside who fit into the system and we can take a nice long look at them before Phil figure how best to use that roster flexibility next year.

But you cant seem to get your focus on the one guy who has performed well here and produced far more results than anyone in the 10 years prior.

F500ONE

7/31/2014  12:00 PM
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

The complaining about Melo would be far less if that was his contract, its the Super Max that is the Killer with him

George got the max too. It's an NBA problem which F5 touched on but all we heard was Melo was willing to take less to get talent from his black book here. He took $124mil over $129 which means he will continue to be surrounded by a flawed roster. A roster that lacks championship talent

I imagine same meaningless difference in giving the home team a measly $1.4mil discount in cap space

if you think Kyrie took less to help his team your just wrong. Another good example of holding Melo to standards that arent actual, only fabricated to make your points (which Im still not clear on).

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/kyrie-irvings-contract-actually-falls-short-of-max/

What Irving did was get the most money and set himself up to be a FA earlier (by getting the PO last year). It was a calculated risk to make more, not TAKE less.

I get it... Thadeus Young is the 7th leading scorer on his team when they made the playoffs two years ago and you tout his playoff contributions. Melo carries the weight and he's a selfish money whore.. I get it. I see your agenda and your flavor of player. Points taken and noted.

I'm saying their give back wasn't real, neither was Melo's in any discerning way

At the same time PG and Kyrie didn't take all the money on the table on their first big deal.

What I'm confirming via PG and Kyrie's contract///// Melo's less pay raise is absolutely irrelevant come 2015.

I may email Sham to see if he can provide no trade clauses and trade kicker details on their generosity

For the record Bosh is immensely overpaid but he took a mountain like paycut compared to some on his previous contract

the difference is Melo actaully took less than offered. Kyrie took less then the max because opting out earlier will translate into more money later, and if he starts in the all star game (who else would start in the East after Rose/Kyrie?) he gets more cash.

You may dismiss something in the future to fuel your point, but 2015 isnt here yet, so maybe wait until then before you declare any addition cap wiggle as worthless?

And Bosh left $15mm on the table by going to Miami, but that was over 6 years. As he only played 4 the number is closer to $7-$8mm. Hey... doesnt that # sound familiar?

Sorry No differences...

Kyrie could have taken 30% instead he took 27.5%

Melo could have taken 5yrs $129mil instead he took $124mil

Melo has an opt out after yr 4-money grab

Kyrie has an opt out after yr 4-money grab

Kyrie chance at Max Bonuses

Melo has 15% trade kicker if traded

Slight correction on differences Bosh-Kyrie-PG left a couple mil more on the table than Melo

dk7th
USA
7/31/2014  12:05 PM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:the triangle offense requires cutting, moving without the ball, passing. that's not melo's game skippy

As its been proven you lie about the ball you (dont) watch how would you know what Melo's game is? Maybe you read the hoopshype scouting report?

i looked at the contributors on your thread, skippy. only name i recognize is charley rosen, who i like. but he didn't contribute to the page on carmelo.

the rest of these guys are hacks and clowns so far as i am concerned.

lastly, this list of accomplishments is utterly laughable, especially this nugget:

Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 3rd Team in 2005-06, 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2011-12.
Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 2nd Team in 2009-10 and 2013-14.
Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 1st Team in 2012-13.

what a bunch of jerkoffs i swear LOL

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
fishmike
USA
7/31/2014  12:06 PM
F500ONE wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Sorry No differences...

Kyrie could have taken 30% instead he took 27.5%

Melo could have taken 5yrs $129mil instead he took $124mil

Melo has an opt out after yr 4-money grab

Kyrie has an opt out after yr 4-money grab

Kyrie chance at Max Bonuses

Melo has 15% trade kicker if traded

Slight correction on differences Bosh-Kyrie-PG left a couple mil more on the table than Melo

right... no differences... OK, so Kyrie is just another MElo-like money grabber?

Kyrie took less to opt out earlier. Why do you think he did that? To help the Cavs? No.. to make more money. So... what have we learned here?

fishmike
USA
7/31/2014  12:17 PM
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

i looked at the contributors on your thread, skippy. only name i recognize is charley rosen, who i like. but he didn't contribute to the page on carmelo.

lastly, this list of accomplishments is utterly laughable, especially this nugget:

Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 3rd Team in 2005-06, 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2011-12.

I was joking as your a proven liar and like to comment on games you didnt watch, but Im glad you learned something from the exercise.

Looks like the world of pro sports is full of jerkoffs who cant see your views, and the world of sports forums is full of swine with an ax to grind with you. Or it could be this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

dk7th
USA
7/31/2014  12:24 PM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I was joking as your a proven liar and like to comment on games you didnt watch, but Im glad you learned something from the exercise.

Looks like the world of pro sports is full of jerkoffs who cant see your views, and the world of sports forums is full of swine with an ax to grind with you. Or it could be this...

this is the second time you have accused me of lying. show me where i have done so-- and if it ends up being <crickets> and <bullfrogs> from then you REALLY need to STFU

fishmike
USA
7/31/2014  12:42 PM
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

this is the second time you have accused me of lying. show me where i have done so-- and if it ends up being <crickets> and <bullfrogs> from then you REALLY need to STFU

realgm thread... its been posted. Also when you make stuff up? Thats a form of lying.

Your pattern is simple. Make up lies about Melo and spam the boards. Maybe you actually *ARE* Gallo. That would explain all the time you have on your hands, your hate for Melo and tfk's love of everything you do.

Notice Im not asking you stop. I find it entertaining. Doesnt add much but its pretty funny.

My favorite is when you and tfk get nostalgic and talk about the guys you have "mentally owned" in debates over there (before being kicked off). Its all good rooster.

F500ONE

7/31/2014  12:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2014  2:29 PM
PG and Kyrie contracts were mentioned in this thread for a few reasons

* They are the most recent D-Rose Max signings along with John Wall

* Some Players will take paycuts and-or give back in their youth-prime

* Some paycuts aren't what they're cracked up to be or how they're sold

dk7th
USA
7/31/2014  1:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

realgm thread... its been posted. Also when you make stuff up? Thats a form of lying.

Your pattern is simple. Make up lies about Melo and spam the boards. Maybe you actually *ARE* Gallo. That would explain all the time you have on your hands, your hate for Melo and tfk's love of everything you do.

Notice Im not asking you stop. I find it entertaining. Doesnt add much but its pretty funny.

My favorite is when you and tfk get nostalgic and talk about the guys you have "mentally owned" in debates over there (before being kicked off). Its all good rooster.

WOW

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/31/2014  1:10 PM
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

5 years/91 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

I could care less about Max labels.

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

He probably should be making what Harden is making at best $80mil.

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

That's impossible, don't be silly.

There's nothing silly about what I said.

There's language in the NBA currently defining Rookie Scale Max///// often referred to as Derrick Rose Max

Go look it up if you think I'm bluffing

The rookie scale is calculated by draft pick number. That's based on a number, what you're suggesting is purely subjective. How do you think it should be determined (in your hypothetical example) who gets the max? What determinants would be used to say this player is truly worth a Max and this one isn't?

There's this wonderful tool I used to find this information.

I fired up another tab in my browser locating it on this thing called the internet

“Max Salary: A player finishing his rookie scale contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 30% of the Cap (up from 25%) if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd or 3rd team All-NBA 2 times; an All-Star starter 2 times; or 1-time MVP.”

They need to add more language here as you graduate to the different levels of Max.

So 35% Max which comes in seasons 7-9 I believe could say something like

“Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

Every player can't be considered an absolute Max every time they're due up for a contract, just because they maintained status quo play.

That is great information. Can you provide the link where you found that? On a side note, that sounds very ownership friendly coming from a guy that represents and negotiates for the players.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one [Scroll Down]

When I said I wasn't bluffing I wasn't

Hey fisherman fishlips dude or whoever you are take notes.

When someone ask for links provide them

There's a reason the owners wanted this language in the new deal.

Dollars to Apple Fritters it gets modified again

My guess it was to prevent Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas type deals from taking place again

We have Derrick Rose Max, Kobe Max-Super Max

In the new deal I want to see 'No Melo Max'.

good post... Melo started 6 all star games. So I guess by the info you provided he's a max player.

all-star appearances are the least-worthy criterion since the all-star games are based on popularity only. nice try though.

LOL..

so when introducing EWING, you cant say "11 time all star", because all stars are not really all stars, their just popular players.

Awful analogy. Melo's stats and metrics are not even on Ewing's level. Not even close

so Ewing's All stars count more than Melo's? At least your consistent

If you want to judge on Allstar appearances then Ewing did it at a time when Shaq, Hakeem & David Robinson were in the league and alltime greats Lin Jordan magic bird Malone Barkley Stockton Pippen etc were in the league

and Melo hasnt played with good forwards? Dirk? Durant? Amare? Duncan? KG? out west? Anyway this is silly... you have decided to hate Melo, its your summer endevour and any of his accomplishments can easily be discarded as empty if you want to invent the logic to do so. It an interesting decision on your part considering the direction of the team, but to each his own.

Did Melo start ahead of those guys when they were in the west?

The point is Melo has value. Melo at $124mil is "Kinda" ridiculous and more of the same from the Knicks. I WAS excited about our direction after hiring Phil & Derek. Now I can see the whole thing blowing up because of one player like it did with Larry brown and Marbury

so who is who in your fear? Is Phil the next Larry Brown or is Melo the nexst Marbury?

Melo at $124 isnt ridiculous. It may sound that way but its not. I get that # rubs you the wrong way and I understand your reasons, but you are fabricating doom and gloom where none exists and none needs to exist.

After the trade was one thing, but there is nothing really dramatic about Melo. He's an elite scorer and his game has expanded. Also look at Phil, Phil's teams and what he's doing with the Knicks. He wanted the scorer. The other "old" guy he brought in was a shooter and floor general. Every other piece has been young. He traded established for draft picks. He's added fresh legs and player with upside next to Melo, he has NOT added a bunch of old guys to get the most wins out of a Melo team he can. So if you actually look at whats happening and see whats happening there is zero reason for the doom and gloom.

At this point the only real legit beef is if Melo tears something and cant play, and even in that I have yet to see Phil trade any picks, so our hedge is there, and every team (just ask Chi about their MVP) has to deal with that risk.

the triangle offense requires cutting, moving without the ball, passing. that's not melo's game skippy

He realize the way he's been playing hasn't gotten him far, Incomes phil jackson and Fisher, they sit him down and tell him, dude, your not playing the right way, here's our plan to tweak your style of play so you can maximize your talent. Melo looks,listens, likes.

He has said numerous times that he is prepared to alter is game for the betterment of the team.

Why can't you except that give him a chance to prove it, instead of bashing anything good that he does, or always siding against him.

ES
dk7th
USA
7/31/2014  1:17 PM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

i think you're referring to this that that towering intellect CrushAlot volunteered.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1178309&sid=416f4595df6794c344fc0c63d1f22e33&start=20

please do yourself a favor and point out exactly where i have been caught lying and by whom in that thread.

and please, if i am making stuff up, show me where i have ever done so.

you won't be able to do either.

you are just making stuff up.

Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy