[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/31/2014  10:36 AM
Another one is if by some kind of miracle Phil & Derek elevate these players and future non lottery picks to stars and key role players but that scenario is least likely to happen and buy the time guys develop Melo will be 35. You might win a flukey championship that way. I just wanted a team that could legitmately compete for a ring every year. Like it was in the 90s
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/31/2014  10:36 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:he's young. there's still hope for Paul George

Hope that he won't become Melo? Lol

Don't worry he doesn't have the offensive skillset

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

only $35mil more? Isn't it for like $90mil more for Melo?

George is a max player. Just for a lesser amount cause he's younger.

5 years/91 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

I could care less about Max labels.

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

He probably should be making what Harden is making at best $80mil.

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

That's impossible, don't be silly.

There's nothing silly about what I said.

There's language in the NBA currently defining Rookie Scale Max///// often referred to as Derrick Rose Max

Go look it up if you think I'm bluffing

The rookie scale is calculated by draft pick number. That's based on a number, what you're suggesting is purely subjective. How do you think it should be determined (in your hypothetical example) who gets the max? What determinants would be used to say this player is truly worth a Max and this one isn't?

There's this wonderful tool I used to find this information.

I fired up another tab in my browser locating it on this thing called the internet

According to a memo NBPA Executive Director Billy Hunter sent to his Board of Directors, the tentative agreement between the NBPA and NBA included the following change for max salaries:

“Max Salary: A player finishing his rookie scale contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 30% of the Cap (up from 25%) if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd or 3rd team All-NBA 2 times; an All-Star starter 2 times; or 1-time MVP.”

They need to add more language here as you graduate to the different levels of Max.

So 35% Max which comes in seasons 7-9 I believe could say something like

According to a memo NBPA Executive Director Billy Hunter sent to his Board of Directors, the tentative agreement between the NBPA and NBA included the following change for max salaries:

“Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

Every player can't be considered an absolute Max every time they're due up for a contract, just because they maintained status quo play.

That is great information. Can you provide the link where you found that? On a side note, that sounds very ownership friendly coming from a guy that represents and negotiates for the players.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one [Scroll Down]

When I said I wasn't bluffing I wasn't

Hey fisherman fishlips dude or whoever you are take notes.

When someone ask for links provide them

There's a reason the owners wanted this language in the new deal.

Dollars to Apple Fritters it gets modified again

My guess it was to prevent Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas type deals from taking place again

We have Derrick Rose Max, Kobe Max-Super Max

In the new deal I want to see 'No Melo Max'.

good post... Melo started 6 all star games. So I guess by the info you provided he's a max player.

all-star appearances are the least-worthy criterion since the all-star games are based on popularity only. nice try though.

LOL..

so when introducing EWING, you cant say "11 time all star", because all stars are not really all stars, their just popular players.

Awful analogy. Melo's stats and metrics are not even on Ewing's level. Not even close

so Ewing's All stars count more than Melo's? At least your consistent

If you want to judge on Allstar appearances then Ewing did it at a time when Shaq, Hakeem & David Robinson were in the league and alltime greats Lin Jordan magic bird Malone Barkley Stockton Pippen etc were in the league

and Melo hasnt played with good forwards? Dirk? Durant? Amare? Duncan? KG? out west? Anyway this is silly... you have decided to hate Melo, its your summer endevour and any of his accomplishments can easily be discarded as empty if you want to invent the logic to do so. It an interesting decision on your part considering the direction of the team, but to each his own.

You mean your hypothesized direction of the team.
The actual direction was from 54 to 37 wins and the rest remains to be determined.

Oh, look at Mr. Metrics giving us a sample size of two whole seasons! How astute the snitty hate has become!

jrodmc
USA
7/31/2014  10:37 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Melo wouldn't start an Allstar game in that era

Yeah and Melo won't be making the HOF in any era, either. Please, the Whorenyets.com site needs an admin. Now.

gunsnewing
USA
7/31/2014  10:38 AM
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

5 years/91.5 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

The complaining about Melo would be far less if that was his contract, its the Super Max that is the Killer with him

George got the max too. It's an NBA problem which F5 touched on but all we heard was Melo was willing to take less to get talent from his black book here. He took $124mil over $129 which means he will continue to be surrounded by a flawed roster. A roster that lacks championship talent

For the record PG and Kyrie both took 27.5% Max not 30%

Guess what it equates to/////

$7mil on the table beating Melo's ever so charitable $5mil give back.

But wait the difference is only a measly $2mil

This could be true, not a huge difference

I imagine same meaningless difference in giving the home team a measly $1.4mil discount in cap space

Wow even an immature 2O year old Paul George & Kyrie Irving took less of th max than Melo? Wow

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

There's language in the NBA currently defining Rookie Scale Max///// often referred to as Derrick Rose Max

The rookie scale is calculated by draft pick number. That's based on a number, what you're suggesting is purely subjective. How do you think it should be determined (in your hypothetical example) who gets the max? What determinants would be used to say this player is truly worth a Max and this one isn't?

I fired up another tab in my browser locating it on this thing called the internet

“Max Salary: A player finishing his rookie scale contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 30% of the Cap (up from 25%) if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd or 3rd team All-NBA 2 times; an All-Star starter 2 times; or 1-time MVP.”

They need to add more language here as you graduate to the different levels of Max.

“Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

Every player can't be considered an absolute Max every time they're due up for a contract, just because they maintained status quo play.

That is great information. Can you provide the link where you found that? On a side note, that sounds very ownership friendly coming from a guy that represents and negotiates for the players.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one [Scroll Down]

My guess it was to prevent Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas type deals from taking place again

good post... Melo started 6 all star games. So I guess by the info you provided he's a max player.

all-star appearances are the least-worthy criterion since the all-star games are based on popularity only. nice try though.

LOL..

so when introducing EWING, you cant say "11 time all star", because all stars are not really all stars, their just popular players.

Awful analogy. Melo's stats and metrics are not even on Ewing's level. Not even close

If you want to judge on Allstar appearances then Ewing did it at a time when Shaq, Hakeem & David Robinson were in the league and alltime greats Lin Jordan magic bird Malone Barkley Stockton Pippen etc were in the league

and Melo hasnt played with good forwards? Dirk? Durant? Amare? Duncan? KG? out west? Anyway this is silly... you have decided to hate Melo, its your summer endevour and any of his accomplishments can easily be discarded as empty if you want to invent the logic to do so. It an interesting decision on your part considering the direction of the team, but to each his own.

You mean your hypothesized direction of the team.
The actual direction was from 54 to 37 wins and the rest remains to be determined.
then why are you predicting more wins than last year? If the "actual" direction is such? Is it because your just being snitty and not saying anything at all? The team added picks and young players and jettisoned older underperforming players. Thats not hypothesized, thats realised.

Typical Bonn... instead of being snitty what your observation on the team direction? You have one offseason... feel free to offer your own take, some knowledge, some observation... anything. Or just snit on other's posts... we are all used to.

Direction? More of the same that's been going on the past 15 years. There's always a little fluctuation in wins but the direction is lateral.
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

gunsnewing wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

The complaining about Melo would be far less if that was his contract, its the Super Max that is the Killer with him

George got the max too. It's an NBA problem which F5 touched on but all we heard was Melo was willing to take less to get talent from his black book here. He took $124mil over $129 which means he will continue to be surrounded by a flawed roster. A roster that lacks championship talent

For the record PG 27% and Kyrie took 27.5% Max not 30%

$7-8mil on the table beating Melo's ever so charitable $5mil give back.

But wait the difference is only a measly $2-3mil

I imagine same meaningless difference in giving the home team a measly $1.4mil discount in cap space

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/31/2014  10:39 AM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Um. He was referring to this in the post he quoted. Nice try though.
Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

that's his OWN language he is adding, and off the top of his head (etc. etc.). aren't you tired of trying to make me look stupid? it hasn't worked for over two years.

F5 said that is from a billy Hunter memo. Not sure what you are talking about.

No wonder you're confused and begged for links

Provided the real criteria from the memo in one quoted part for 30% Max.

Proceeded to give an example of what a modified memo criteria could look like in second quoted part for a 35% Max

I clearly stated////

The example wasn't to be taken at face value either for any singular met criteria.

It was more so to be understood, meeting many of them as qualifiers

I'm on the side of a very rigid standard moving away from a broad one that encompasses Scurves

You quoted it and started it as, according to a memo sent by Billy Hunter. If you are going to make a suggestion as to how something could go don't quote it. Quotes are for articles etc.
According to a memo sent by Billy Hunter...

Does not look like something you are suggesting could happen it looks like you are quoting a source.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
USA
7/31/2014  10:40 AM
jrodmc wrote:

Yeah and Melo won't be making the HOF in any era, either. Please, the Whorenyets.com site needs an admin. Now.

Nets?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/31/2014  10:41 AM
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

if you think Kyrie took less to help his team your just wrong. Another good example of holding Melo to standards that arent actual, only fabricated to make your points (which Im still not clear on).

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/kyrie-irvings-contract-actually-falls-short-of-max/

What Irving did was get the most money and set himself up to be a FA earlier (by getting the PO last year). It was a calculated risk to make more, not TAKE less.

But tell youself differently and then post why can Melo be more like Kyrie.

I get it... Thadeus Young is the 7th leading scorer on his team when they made the playoffs two years ago and you tout his playoff contributions. Melo carries the weight and he's a selfish money whore.. I get it. I see your agenda and your flavor of player. Points taken and noted.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
USA
7/31/2014  10:44 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Nets?

Thought you were quoted as being on the fasttrack to Charlotte once this Melonoma of a season started?

Nalod already has all the admin logins for the Nets.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/31/2014  10:45 AM
yea... the Melo hate is strong today.

So far our UK "fans" have...

Made up false shooting %s (thanks Guns)
Made up false contract comparisons (Kyrie, thanks F5)

The only thing missing is tfk saying "great post!" after each fabricated statement. Im calling you guys butter cause your on a roll today.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
USA
7/31/2014  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2014  10:52 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

that's his OWN language he is adding, and off the top of his head (etc. etc.). aren't you tired of trying to make me look stupid? it hasn't worked for over two years.

actually, it works and he's not even really trying.

gunsnewing
USA
7/31/2014  10:47 AM
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Nets?

Thought you were quoted as being on the fasttrack to Charlotte once this Melonoma of a season started?

Right Charlotte. Never the Nets

F500ONE

7/31/2014  10:48 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Wow even an immature 2O year old Paul George & Kyrie Irving took less of th max than Melo? Wow

I had to delete the post to reflect more accurate figures.

As we know from signing our prized free agent every itty bitty makes the biggest biggy diffeence

I reposted and adjusted the figure a smidge-smadge

For the link in love posters

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/kyrie-irvings-contract-actually-falls-short-of-max/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Visual of Rose Max

Kyrie Irving will receive just 27.5 percent of an adjusted NBA salary cap if he triggers the Derrick Rose rule by winning MVP or getting voted an All-Star starter next season, according to Mark Deeks.

Irving presumably received a player option on his contract in exchange for not getting the full 30 percent possible.

Paul George set the market by taking just 27 percent in order to get that fifth-year player option last offseason.

If Irving neither wins MVP or gets voted an All-Starter, his contract extension will be worth the max possible amount (about $89 million). If he achieves either of those honors, he’d gain about $9 million. However, he could have gained more than $16 million.

By leaving that potential $7 million on the table, Irving set himself up to become a free agent sooner

I'm trying to see if Paul and Kyrie have no trade clauses and trade kicker

To make the money grab a 360 Greed to Charity Official

F500ONE

7/31/2014  10:52 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Proceeded to give an example of what a modified memo criteria could look like in second quoted part for a 35% Max

I clearly stated////

The example wasn't to be taken at face value either for any singular met criteria.

I'm on the side of a very rigid standard moving away from a broad one that encompasses Scurves

You quoted it and started it as, according to a memo sent by Billy Hunter. If you are going to make a suggestion as to how something could go don't quote it. Quotes are for articles etc.
According to a memo sent by Billy Hunter...

Does not look like something you are suggesting could happen it looks like you are quoting a source.

I understand but I split the quotes up and also said 'they need to add more language'.

Implying it doesn't exist in the current agreement

I was using the original quote with actual criteria as a template.

Like an actor rehearsing lines and adding a little something extra

gunsnewing
USA
7/31/2014  10:52 AM
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

I had to delete the post to reflect more accurate figures.

As we know from signing our prized free agent every itty bitty makes the biggest biggy diffeence

I reposted and adjusted the figure a smidge-smadge

For the link in love posters

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/kyrie-irvings-contract-actually-falls-short-of-max/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Visual of Rose Max

Kyrie Irving will receive just 27.5 percent of an adjusted NBA salary cap if he triggers the Derrick Rose rule by winning MVP or getting voted an All-Star starter next season, according to Mark Deeks.

Irving presumably received a player option on his contract in exchange for not getting the full 30 percent possible.

Paul George set the market by taking just 27 percent in order to get that fifth-year player option last offseason.

If Irving neither wins MVP or gets voted an All-Starter, his contract extension will be worth the max possible amount (about $89 million). If he achieves either of those honors, he’d gain about $9 million. However, he could have gained more than $16 million.

By leaving that potential $7 million on the table, Irving set himself up to become a free agent sooner

I'm trying to see if Paul and Kyrie have no trade clauses and trade kicker

To make the money grab a 360 Greed to Charity Official

Probably not. Those guys don't run their teams like Melo runs the Knicks

F500ONE

7/31/2014  11:00 AM
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

if you think Kyrie took less to help his team your just wrong. Another good example of holding Melo to standards that arent actual, only fabricated to make your points (which Im still not clear on).

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/kyrie-irvings-contract-actually-falls-short-of-max/

What Irving did was get the most money and set himself up to be a FA earlier (by getting the PO last year). It was a calculated risk to make more, not TAKE less.

But tell youself differently and then post why can Melo be more like Kyrie.

I get it... Thadeus Young is the 7th leading scorer on his team when they made the playoffs two years ago and you tout his playoff contributions. Melo carries the weight and he's a selfish money whore.. I get it. I see your agenda and your flavor of player. Points taken and noted.

You're driving my point home.

I'm saying their give back wasn't real, neither was Melo's in any discerning way

At the same time PG and Kyrie didn't take all the money on the table on their first big deal.

This isn't their 3rd or 4th coupe

What I'm confirming via PG and Kyrie's contract///// Melo's less pay raise is absolutely irrelevant come 2015.

I may email Sham to see if he can provide no trade clauses and trade kicker details on their generosity

For the record Bosh is immensely overpaid but he took a mountain like paycut compared to some on his previous contract

foosballnick
Member: #3148

7/31/2014  11:01 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Nets?

Right Charlotte. Never the Nets

So are you just sticking around to troll here then? Because based upon your posts in this thread it certainly seems that way.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
7/31/2014  11:02 AM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

I clearly stated////

in other words you are saying CrushAlot is being a tool and pissing into the wind here. THANK YOU

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
7/31/2014  11:06 AM
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

LOL..

Did Melo start ahead of those guys when they were in the west?

The point is Melo has value. Melo at $124mil is "Kinda" ridiculous and more of the same from the Knicks. I WAS excited about our direction after hiring Phil & Derek. Now I can see the whole thing blowing up because of one player like it did with Larry brown and Marbury

so who is who in your fear? Is Phil the next Larry Brown or is Melo the nexst Marbury?

Melo at $124 isnt ridiculous. It may sound that way but its not. I get that # rubs you the wrong way and I understand your reasons, but you are fabricating doom and gloom where none exists and none needs to exist.

After the trade was one thing, but there is nothing really dramatic about Melo. He's an elite scorer and his game has expanded. Also look at Phil, Phil's teams and what he's doing with the Knicks. He wanted the scorer. The other "old" guy he brought in was a shooter and floor general. Every other piece has been young. He traded established for draft picks. He's added fresh legs and player with upside next to Melo, he has NOT added a bunch of old guys to get the most wins out of a Melo team he can. So if you actually look at whats happening and see whats happening there is zero reason for the doom and gloom.

At this point the only real legit beef is if Melo tears something and cant play, and even in that I have yet to see Phil trade any picks, so our hedge is there, and every team (just ask Chi about their MVP) has to deal with that risk.

the triangle offense requires cutting, moving without the ball, passing. that's not melo's game skippy

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy