[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Parsons reacts to Harden's, "Dwight and I are the cornerstones...The rest of the guys are role players or pieces"
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/2/2014  5:12 PM
Great way to build a team, make sure everyone knows that anyone not named Harden and Howard are nothing but glorified extras. Moron.
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

8/2/2014  6:08 PM
I stumbled across this one guy, Miko Peled who has some interesting insights into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I'm torn about how much stock I should put in him but there are a few things to keep in mind here when considering his presentation:

Miko is an Israeli Jew who comes from a well connected and distinguished family in the country. His grandfather signed Israel's Declaration of Independence and his father was a decorated General in the Israeli Defense Forces. Like his Dad, Miko joined the IDF and became Israeli Special Forces as a young man. Both Miko and his father would later become activists for peace/reconciliation with the Palestinians and have been very critical of Israel's diplomatic policies/actions. That certainly hasn't been easy because in '97, Miko's niece was killed by a Palestinian suicide bomber and he still seems to fault Israel as being the aggressor in all of this.

With that being said, Miko is no academic scholar and relies heavily on anecdotal evidence to support some of his claims. I also think that he relies a little too much on his father/grandfather's accomplishments to lend credibility to his arguments. I do get the impression that he is genuine in his beliefs because of his body language (he maintains eye contact, his tone is very even and he doesn't stutter; he also doesn't carry that sanctimonious tone that liars and zealots generally do, etc) BUT at the end of the day he is a business man and IS trying to sell books. Considering how tense the fighting has been between Israel's and Palestinian's, I think there is enough of a market to push his material for personal gain.

Where the truth lies, I don't know but here is his argument and a rebuttal I found online. I think that both are worth a watch...

The rebuttal....

IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

8/2/2014  7:37 PM
Dudes, I have to take citizen moderation here,

let's get back to Dwight and Harden and Parsons.

IWG don't do politics

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/3/2014  8:40 AM
Nard, had to dig deep to find that one? WE can volley all day if we please. My point was how the children are being raised and told to hate before they can even process why.

I don't do youtube documentaries. They are unreliable for the most part.

What your missing perhaps is I don't believe Israel has, or ever been perfect angels. They exist in a world that has been hostile and have been threatened annihilation by their enemies whom when fails is glorified in their effort.

The whole "choosen" thing you seem to have gotten wrong.

Also bringing out passaged from ancient scripture is pretty weak. Keep it simple. The reasons are complex but if Gazan's don't want to die then play nice.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
8/3/2014  10:05 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:USA was not defending itself against a neighbor. Iraq is not trying to tunnel into NYC or sling rockets our way.

Condemnation is easy when rockets are not being slung your way.

So what exactly is a 5 year old Palestinian child suppose to do in this situation to avoid death? Or is your genuine stance "tough s***t, some adult of a similar ethnicity fired a rocket so it's a shame but it's okay if that kid gets blown up". No person genuinely deep down believes that but we end up picking sides and somehow defending stuff that's just basically and fundamentally wrong. Politics is politics, but basic human nature is about protecting and raising children not murdering them and not putting them in harms way- something both sides decide to forget.

If you rejoice that the child killed is in the glory of ALLAH and in a better place then who are you to say otherwise? Thats not your belief, but that is Hamas. Christian-Judeo values don't believe that. You and I look at innocent children dying and its painful. Israel has to make a choice, allow enough missiles to keep flying until one of them does kill? How long can that go on?

Seems the thought process of dying for the glory of Allah is accepted by those promoting the violence. Is this the will of the people? Do they want Hamas gone?

FOr years we have read about how Hamas teaches their children young. One example:

I'd recommend you thumb through your Torah/Bible again because you are mistaken on that point...

Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. (Psalms 137:8-9)

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey. (1 Samuel 15:3)

At that time Menahem, starting out from Tirzah, attacked Tiphsah and everyone in the city and its vicinity, because they refused to open their gates. He sacked Tiphsah and ripped open all the pregnant women. (2 Kings 15:16)

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open. (Hosea 13:16)

God orders Moses to kill every Midianite woman who was no longer a virgin. (many of these women would obviously have been pregnant) (Numbers 31:15-18)

The only difference between Hamas and the hard-right in Israel is that the latter has better weapons. At the end of the day, they still pull from bull**** religious texts that has them believe they are God's favorites that in turn emboldens them to do heinous things yet claim moral superiority.

hamas derives inspiration from the koran, a 1300 year old religious book, and uses politics as a pretext to establish a caliphate-like dominance in the region, tolerating other religions only so long as islam is the predominant religion.

you are citing examples from another religious book, a religious book that was written between 3200 and 2300 years ago, and which has very little historical validity, ie it is a bunch of stories that have a hard time being proven as true. that said, they are far older than the koran.

both books seem to possess a great deal of primitive thinking relative to modern ideas of tolerance and separation of church and state.

the error in your citing of these horrific passages is that the state of israel and its constitution is not based on the bible, and certainly not these passages. it is a modern, democratic state that was created in 1948 and whose sovereignty is denied by none but a very few.

your post is basically inaccurate rhetoric.

The Bible is filled with a bunch of bull**** stories as well but it's still being used to deny climate change (God promised Noah to never flood the world again so rising sea levels couldn't possibly be happening), promote anti-gay rhetoric, denounce abortion, shape foreign policy and a host of other ridiculous policies/positions. Hell, you just heard another poster distinguish one side as being morally superior to the other on the basis of this text. You'd be out of your mind if you don't think that these texts are not part of the psyche/hubris for both sides. Don't believe me? Just listen to this dope...

http://youtu.be/UbsVQiY0Qkw

he is an example of a politician whose politics is more than likely based on his religious views. these sorts are sickening to me. frankly, i was expecting you to provide videos from israeli religious kooks or some members of the knesset to make your point.

obviously citing any old religious kook from israel would not bolster your argument-- but a member of the knesset who is a fanatic might....

Done and done. The first link involves part of the comment in question by Israeli Naftali Bennett; the second involves the entire interview, which borders on the ridiculous at times...

http://youtu.be/VYH4aYb7IAU

http://youtu.be/ls0KV2Ixm6o

As a side, if you think Lindsey Graham is an isolated incident of the Republican Party/conservative platform...I've got plenty more videos and articles to prove the contrary. The only real reason they are willing to spend indiscriminately on Israel (while criticizing any and every other form of spending) is because they believe their sky-God can only return if Jews have absolute and total control of those lands before WWIII erupts.

the flaw in the first video is trying to create moral equivalence from the "who was here first" dead end.

the second video is mostly about preventive measures towards iran. towards the end the palestinian issue is raised and, while bennett is being a bit jingoistic, it seems to me the most salient point he makes is that hamas and the palestinians in general have to recognize israel's right to exist as a homeland for the jews. that is the most basic starting point.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NardDogNation

8/3/2014  2:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/3/2014  2:23 PM
Nalod wrote:Nard, had to dig deep to find that one? WE can volley all day if we please. My point was how the children are being raised and told to hate before they can even process why.

I don't do youtube documentaries. They are unreliable for the most part.

What your missing perhaps is I don't believe Israel has, or ever been perfect angels. They exist in a world that has been hostile and have been threatened annihilation by their enemies whom when fails is glorified in their effort.

The whole "choosen" thing you seem to have gotten wrong.

Also bringing out passaged from ancient scripture is pretty weak. Keep it simple. The reasons are complex but if Gazan's don't want to die then play nice.

It literally took me 2 minutes to stumble across that video in my "Related Videos" panel, as I looked up Naftali's old CNN interview, who is notorious for saying incredibly dense and inflammatory things (e.g. denizens of terrorist states should be eradicated, Palestine should NEVER have a free state, etc.). And what exactly is the difference between what Miko is saying and what some reporter gets to tell you? Should I only trust someone that wants me believe that an entire population of human beings are nothing more than blood craven animals willing sacrificing their children to get their point across? History/politics is far more complex and it has shown that even though the "winning side" gets to write the popular narrative, there are always two sides to the story. And right now, I don't buy the popular narrative, wholesale.

As for bringing up ancient scripture, it was every bit tangent to the conversation. You stated:

If you rejoice that the child killed is in the glory of ALLAH and in a better place then who are you to say otherwise? Thats not your belief, but that is Hamas. Christian-Judeo values don't believe that.

I interpreted that as you asserting moral superiority over them and their religion, which you suggest gives them the latitude to sacrifice/kill children in the name of their deity. It's why I felt the need to bring up your religious text, which emboldens its followers to do the exact same. And for the record, that is EXACTLY what they did during Plan D in the 1940s to scare Palestinians off their land.

On separate note, there have only been 22 deaths from Hamas Rockets since 2001 and 5 of those were not even Israelis ( http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/rocket-deaths-israel.html ) That averages out to about 1.6 deaths per year from these "menacing" rocket attacks. By comparison, homicide in Israel by Israeli's average out to about 1.2 per 100,000 people ( http://m.forward.com/articles/170768/israel-has-fewer-guns-fewer-deaths-than-us/?p=all ). That, in effect, means you're far more likely to get killed by another Israeli than you are by Hamas. Should the Israel government start carpet bombing their own civilians then?

NardDogNation

8/3/2014  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/3/2014  2:20 PM
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:USA was not defending itself against a neighbor. Iraq is not trying to tunnel into NYC or sling rockets our way.

So what exactly is a 5 year old Palestinian child suppose to do in this situation to avoid death? Or is your genuine stance "tough s***t, some adult of a similar ethnicity fired a rocket so it's a shame but it's okay if that kid gets blown up". No person genuinely deep down believes that but we end up picking sides and somehow defending stuff that's just basically and fundamentally wrong. Politics is politics, but basic human nature is about protecting and raising children not murdering them and not putting them in harms way- something both sides decide to forget.

If you rejoice that the child killed is in the glory of ALLAH and in a better place then who are you to say otherwise? Thats not your belief, but that is Hamas. Christian-Judeo values don't believe that. You and I look at innocent children dying and its painful. Israel has to make a choice, allow enough missiles to keep flying until one of them does kill? How long can that go on?

Seems the thought process of dying for the glory of Allah is accepted by those promoting the violence. Is this the will of the people? Do they want Hamas gone?

FOr years we have read about how Hamas teaches their children young. One example:

I'd recommend you thumb through your Torah/Bible again because you are mistaken on that point...

Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. (Psalms 137:8-9)

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey. (1 Samuel 15:3)

At that time Menahem, starting out from Tirzah, attacked Tiphsah and everyone in the city and its vicinity, because they refused to open their gates. He sacked Tiphsah and ripped open all the pregnant women. (2 Kings 15:16)

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open. (Hosea 13:16)

God orders Moses to kill every Midianite woman who was no longer a virgin. (many of these women would obviously have been pregnant) (Numbers 31:15-18)

The only difference between Hamas and the hard-right in Israel is that the latter has better weapons. At the end of the day, they still pull from bull**** religious texts that has them believe they are God's favorites that in turn emboldens them to do heinous things yet claim moral superiority.

hamas derives inspiration from the koran, a 1300 year old religious book, and uses politics as a pretext to establish a caliphate-like dominance in the region, tolerating other religions only so long as islam is the predominant religion.

you are citing examples from another religious book, a religious book that was written between 3200 and 2300 years ago, and which has very little historical validity, ie it is a bunch of stories that have a hard time being proven as true. that said, they are far older than the koran.

both books seem to possess a great deal of primitive thinking relative to modern ideas of tolerance and separation of church and state.

the error in your citing of these horrific passages is that the state of israel and its constitution is not based on the bible, and certainly not these passages. it is a modern, democratic state that was created in 1948 and whose sovereignty is denied by none but a very few.

The Bible is filled with a bunch of bull**** stories as well but it's still being used to deny climate change (God promised Noah to never flood the world again so rising sea levels couldn't possibly be happening), promote anti-gay rhetoric, denounce abortion, shape foreign policy and a host of other ridiculous policies/positions. Hell, you just heard another poster distinguish one side as being morally superior to the other on the basis of this text. You'd be out of your mind if you don't think that these texts are not part of the psyche/hubris for both sides. Don't believe me? Just listen to this dope...

he is an example of a politician whose politics is more than likely based on his religious views. these sorts are sickening to me. frankly, i was expecting you to provide videos from israeli religious kooks or some members of the knesset to make your point.

obviously citing any old religious kook from israel would not bolster your argument-- but a member of the knesset who is a fanatic might....

Done and done. The first link involves part of the comment in question by Israeli Naftali Bennett; the second involves the entire interview, which borders on the ridiculous at times...

As a side, if you think Lindsey Graham is an isolated incident of the Republican Party/conservative platform...I've got plenty more videos and articles to prove the contrary. The only real reason they are willing to spend indiscriminately on Israel (while criticizing any and every other form of spending) is because they believe their sky-God can only return if Jews have absolute and total control of those lands before WWIII erupts.

the flaw in the first video is trying to create moral equivalence from the "who was here first" dead end.

the second video is mostly about preventive measures towards iran. towards the end the palestinian issue is raised and, while bennett is being a bit jingoistic, it seems to me the most salient point he makes is that hamas and the palestinians in general have to recognize israel's right to exist as a homeland for the jews. that is the most basic starting point.

...and yet he has been on record a number of times stating that he would NOT support the idea of a Palestinian state or their right to exist. Kinda hypocritical don't you think? What's worse is that he denounces another country from developing nuclear technology, when his own country has nuclear power plants AND 500 nuclear weapons! I'm not suggesting that Iran should have nuclear weapons...NO ONE should, especially any religion-centric state.

dk7th
USA
8/3/2014  5:45 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

...and yet he has been on record a number of times stating that he would NOT support the idea of a Palestinian state or their right to exist. Kinda hypocritical don't you think? What's worse is that he denounces another country from developing nuclear technology, when his own country has nuclear power plants AND 500 nuclear weapons! I'm not suggesting that Iran should have nuclear weapons...NO ONE should, especially any religion-centric state.

well, insofar as only a few hours had passed before the entire arab world decided to make war on the newly-created state of israel-- and that the war of 1948 has essentially never ended-- i cut this guy a little slack. it all comes back to 1948. the arabs of that part of the middle east call it "the catastrophe" and have never gotten over it-- even when the state of israel was granted existence by the rest of the world. this is not to say that, in the acts leading to becoming a nation that the jews who founded the state of israel have clean hands-- they clearly don't. but, the state of israel gained traction in the wake of the holocaust, despite having its roots in zionism. arabs complain that they should not have to pay the price for a european sin, but this is merely the straw that broke the camels back... for the jews of europe and russia had been angling fro a return to ancient jewish lands since the days of herzl, circa 1895. not ben-gurion, menachem begin, and yitzak shamir forty-five years later.

you will note that, ever since the emergence of islam in the late seventh century, that tolerance of "the other" in the umma and the caliphates and the modern muslim nations is conditioned on islam as the governing and overriding essence of islamic society. it was "pluralistic" only in an extremely narrow sense, in that non-muslims were not treated as equals-- especially when it came to being taxed (jizya) for being non-believers, even "people of the book." that is, accept being taxed or die. one wonders if the democratic state of modern israel harbors this peculiar sort of "pluralism." my impression is that the israeli arabs who live in israel consider themselves fortunate, whereas the jews who had lived in arabic/muslim societies would not be able to say the same.

so far as the nuclear question-- who would you rather possess nuclear weapons in the middle east, israel or any arab state you wish to mention?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NardDogNation

8/3/2014  6:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/3/2014  6:21 PM
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

well, insofar as only a few hours had passed before the entire arab world decided to make war on the newly-created state of israel-- and that the war of 1948 has essentially never ended-- i cut this guy a little slack. it all comes back to 1948. the arabs of that part of the middle east call it "the catastrophe" and have never gotten over it-- even when the state of israel was granted existence by the rest of the world. this is not to say that, in the acts leading to becoming a nation that the jews who founded the state of israel have clean hands-- they clearly don't. but, the state of israel gained traction in the wake of the holocaust, despite having its roots in zionism. arabs complain that they should not have to pay the price for a european sin, but this is merely the straw that broke the camels back... for the jews of europe and russia had been angling fro a return to ancient jewish lands since the days of herzl, circa 1895. not ben-gurion, menachem begin, and yitzak shamir forty-five years later.

you will note that, ever since the emergence of islam in the late seventh century, that tolerance of "the other" in the umma and the caliphates and the modern muslim nations is conditioned on islam as the governing and overriding essence of islamic society. it was "pluralistic" only in an extremely narrow sense, in that non-muslims were not treated as equals-- especially when it came to being taxed (jizya) for being non-believers, even "people of the book." that is, accept being taxed or die. one wonders if the democratic state of modern israel harbors this peculiar sort of "pluralism." my impression is that the israeli arabs who live in israel consider themselves fortunate, whereas the jews who had lived in arabic/muslim societies would not be able to say the same.

so far as the nuclear question-- who would you rather possess nuclear weapons in the middle east, israel or any arab state you wish to mention?

...and what does any of that have to do with the indigenous population of the land having the right to self-determination?

And as for nuclear weapons, once again, NO ONE should have them. That includes Arab and non-Arab states; secular and non-secular. Nuclear weapons are a waste of money and have no real tactical purpose unless the endgame is to destroy the world. All it takes is 100 of them to kill all of humanity. That fact is offputting especially when the technology is in the hands of religious zealots who think that their **** never stinks and have VIP access to an afterlife.

Nalod
USA
8/3/2014  6:54 PM
Indigenous? Well there's your answer right there.
dk7th
USA
8/3/2014  6:56 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

...and what does any of that have to do with the indigenous population of the land having the right to self-determination?

And as for nuclear weapons, once again, NO ONE should have them. That includes Arab and non-Arab states; secular and non-secular. Nuclear weapons are a waste of money and have no real tactical purpose unless the endgame is to destroy the world. All it takes is 100 of them to kill all of humanity. That fact is offputting especially when the technology is in the hands of religious zealots who think that their **** never stinks and have VIP access to an afterlife.

well doesn't the indigenous argument simply lead back to the futile and eternally regressive "i was here first"? genetically, in fact, the jews who left 2000 years ago share a great deal of their dna with the arabs of today-- they are genetic cousins. no amount of miscegenation by migrating to europe and being kicked out of one european country after the next can change that. or do you believe the jews have their origins not in the levant but somewhere outside the place where they established the state of israel? or lets put it another way: are the people who call themselves jews today totally different from the jews of ancient judea genetically?

no argument about nuclear arms. but if i were a jew living in israel i don't know how good i'd feel about being surrounded by bad neighbors whose main desire is not to live in peace with me but rather drive me into the sea if given the opportunity. and i don't know how fair it is to equate the level of zealotry in israel with that of its arabic adversaries. religious kooks are a section of many societies in the middle east... but i think you'd have a hard time convincing yourself that the religious kooks in israel are closer to the nuclear button than their counterparts in the nations they are surrounded by.

NardDogNation

8/3/2014  7:44 PM
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

well doesn't the indigenous argument simply lead back to the futile and eternally regressive "i was here first"? genetically, in fact, the jews who left 2000 years ago share a great deal of their dna with the arabs of today-- they are genetic cousins. no amount of miscegenation by migrating to europe and being kicked out of one european country after the next can change that. or do you believe the jews have their origins not in the levant but somewhere outside the place where they established the state of israel? or lets put it another way: are the people who call themselves jews today totally different from the jews of ancient judea genetically?

no argument about nuclear arms. but if i were a jew living in israel i don't know how good i'd feel about being surrounded by bad neighbors whose main desire is not to live in peace with me but rather drive me into the sea if given the opportunity. and i don't know how fair it is to equate the level of zealotry in israel with that of its arabic adversaries. religious kooks are a section of many societies in the middle east... but i think you'd have a hard time convincing yourself that the religious kooks in israel are closer to the nuclear button than their counterparts in the nations they are surrounded by.

That's not the argument that I was trying to make or is one that I think is conducive to any real kind of progress. Israeli's aren't going anywhere BUT neither are Palestinians, who never left the land to begin with. At this point, a one state solution does not seem feasible though, so Palestinians should be allowed to form their own state if they so choose. Why should Israel exist if they cannot?

And how is Israel surrounded by bad neighbors? Are we surrounded by bad neighbors because we were at war with Mexico/Spain and England/Canada? Don't you think it's time to move on? If anything, they have become the bad neighbor (see the thousand civilians they just killed).

As for religious "kooks", EVERY country has them and they all are willing to push that red button if not for the moderating influence of saner people. Arab nations, for the most part, are no different. I'm sure that comment will conjure up images of beheadings in Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia but is it THAT different from executions in our conservative states?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/4/2014  12:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2014  12:49 PM
Nard, so if Hamas is given what it wants, how many Israeli's would be left alive? If Netanyahu is given what he wants, how many Palestinians would remain living free in Israel? I have multiple friends living in Israel. Christians and Muslims. How many Jews and Christians will be living free in a Hamas-based state?

How many Palestinian's were there prior to 1948? Israel was a wasteland with a few Jordanian nomads.

Continue to support the good Arab nations who have always outnumbered and outsized Israel by more than 10 to 1. And blame their continual military incompetence on the the US, Bush and conservative Christianity's support of evil Israel. Go back and look at what Israel had for armaments at the outset of hostilities.

You hate Bush and Christianity with a f**cking passion. Point taken.

NardDogNation

8/4/2014  1:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2014  2:10 PM
jrodmc wrote:Nard, so if Hamas is given what it wants, how many Israeli's would be left alive? If Netanyahu is given what he wants, how many Palestinians would remain living free in Israel? I have multiple friends living in Israel. Christians and Muslims. How many Jews and Christians will be living free in a Hamas-based state?

How many Palestinian's were there prior to 1948? Israel was a wasteland with a few Jordanian nomads.

Continue to support the good Arab nations who have always outnumbered and outsized Israel by more than 10 to 1. And blame their continual military incompetence on the the US, Bush and conservative Christianity's support of evil Israel. Go back and look at what Israel had for armaments at the outset of hostilities.

You're asking these questions as though you could provide a credible answer. Unless you've upped your game to fortune teller, there is no way to know the future of Palestine. And let's not pretend that this is some isolated case of neighbors who hate themselves to the point where they can't co-exist. Because evidently (as people like you would suggest), the entire Arab/Muslim community that borders Israel share Palestinian hatred for the Israeli's and somehow Israel is doing alright and those countries go about their business. So why can't we expect the same from the Palestinians?

P.S., and how many Palestinian Arabs were there prior to '48? Evidently a population 3 times the size of those that became known as Israelis according to the UN. And evidently that "wasteland" they held was valuable enough for several empires to have fought and bled for. Ultimately, my problem isn't "that (I) hate Christianity", I just hate hypocrisy and misinformation which most religions tend to embrace.

Nalod
USA
8/4/2014  4:49 PM
Nard, you seem to thrive on Hypocrisy!

Each of Israels neighbors at one time or another has attacked them.

You can argue all the history and the morality until we chase the tail round and round. Who was there first? What is the Mecca of the Jews? Israel. What is the Mecca for Islam? Mecca.

Bottom line is the here and now. Hammas lays down its arms there is peace. Israel lays down its arms there is no israel. Can you dispute Hamas charter? No.
GOING FORWARD what are the elements for peace? Hamas stops rockets, there is no reprisal. Pretty simple.

Israel is not leaving israel. So while you might not agree with its right to exist its just not going away no matter how much hypocrisy you and others onesided can point to.
They have had the bomb for decades, yet have not used it. You think if Hamas had one they'd us it even if it meant the fall out rained down back on them? Killing both Jews and Arabs at teh same time?
If you don't believe, your an infidel, if you do believe, Allah will have your back!

If thats your belief please state it. If so, our views are not compatable and I'd just as soon find an ending. Your a good guy "otherwise"

NardDogNation

8/4/2014  5:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2014  5:52 PM
Nalod wrote:Nard, you seem to thrive on Hypocrisy!

You can argue all the history and the morality until we chase the tail round and round. Who was there first? What is the Mecca of the Jews? Israel. What is the Mecca for Islam? Mecca.

Bottom line is the here and now. Hammas lays down its arms there is peace. Israel lays down its arms there is no israel. Can you dispute Hamas charter? No.
GOING FORWARD what are the elements for peace? Hamas stops rockets, there is no reprisal. Pretty simple.

Israel is not leaving israel. So while you might not agree with its right to exist its just not going away no matter how much hypocrisy you and others onesided can point to.
They have had the bomb for decades, yet have not used it. You think if Hamas had one they'd us it even if it meant the fall out rained down back on them? Killing both Jews and Arabs at teh same time?
If you don't believe, your an infidel, if you do believe, Allah will have your back!

If thats your belief please state it. If so, our views are not compatable and I'd just as soon find an ending. Your a good guy "otherwise"

You and I are never going to agree about this issue. At this point, I feel like I made my point clear enough. In the end, people are dying senselessly and we'll get pulled into another nonsensical conflict.

mreinman
Member: #3189

8/4/2014  6:45 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:Nard, you seem to thrive on Hypocrisy!

You and I are never going to agree about this issue. At this point, I feel like I made my point clear enough. In the end, people are dying senselessly and we'll get pulled into another nonsensical conflict.

Nard,

The conversation was very respectful with you and Nalod. Would be nice to see more discussions like these even though you are far apart.

However, can you answer the question that he asked a number of times?

Do you have skin in the game? If yes, can you elaborate?

If you do not want to answer that then that is okay and I will respect your right to withhold ...

so here is what phil is thinking ....
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/5/2014  10:18 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Nard, so if Hamas is given what it wants, how many Israeli's would be left alive? If Netanyahu is given what he wants, how many Palestinians would remain living free in Israel? I have multiple friends living in Israel. Christians and Muslims. How many Jews and Christians will be living free in a Hamas-based state?

You're asking these questions as though you could provide a credible answer. Unless you've upped your game to fortune teller, there is no way to know the future of Palestine. And let's not pretend that this is some isolated case of neighbors who hate themselves to the point where they can't co-exist. Because evidently (as people like you would suggest), the entire Arab/Muslim community that borders Israel share Palestinian hatred for the Israeli's and somehow Israel is doing alright and those countries go about their business. So why can't we expect the same from the Palestinians?

P.S., and how many Palestinian Arabs were there prior to '48? Evidently a population 3 times the size of those that became known as Israelis according to the UN. And evidently that "wasteland" they held was valuable enough for several empires to have fought and bled for. Ultimately, my problem isn't "that (I) hate Christianity", I just hate hypocrisy and misinformation which most religions tend to embrace.

These are quotes from the The Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement , circa 1988. No fortune telling required:

'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will
obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.' (Preamble)

'[Peace] initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and
international conferences are in contradiction to the principles of
the Islamic Resistance Movement... Those conferences are no more than
a means to appoint the infidels as arbitrators in the lands of
Islam... There is no solution for the Palestinian problem except by
Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are but a
waste of time, an exercise in futility.' (Article 13)

'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and
kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the
rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind
me, come and kill him.' (Article 7)

'The enemies have been scheming for a long time ... and have
accumulated huge and influential material wealth. With their money,
they took control of the world media... With their money they stirred
revolutions in various parts of the globe... They stood behind the
French Revolution, the Communist Revolution and most of the
revolutions we hear about... With their money they formed secret
organizations - such as the Freemasons, Rotary Clubs and the Lions -
which are spreading around the world, in order to destroy societies
and carry out Zionist interests... They stood behind World War I ...
and formed the League of Nations through which they could rule the
world. They were behind World War II, through which they made huge
financial gains... There is no war going on anywhere without them
having their finger in it.' (Article 22)

Please find a Zionist document that speaks to the obliteration of Muslim states.

You can get conflicting population figures from whatever side happens to report them. Ask the PLO, Palestine didn't have a swamp, was loaded with forests and was the greatest farmland this side of Nebraska. Zionists will tell you they had to start with nothing, or less than nothing to create a livable environment.

Nalod
USA
8/5/2014  2:52 PM
21% of israels population is Arab. They are christian and Muslim.

What is the % of Gaza's population is Jewish? Christian?

toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
8/5/2014  3:12 PM
Nalod wrote:21% of israels population is Arab. They are christian and Muslim.

What is the % of Gaza's population is Jewish? Christian?

When I was in Israel I met many Muslims who were professionals, going to school, etc. They hated certain aspects of the Israeli Govt, but no different than maybe many Tea Party people hating Obama.

When I went to Bethlehem to visit Jesus' birthplace, I was told to never tell anyone that I was Jewish or I would be murdered. The population of Jews in Gaza is zero is because they would be murdered on the spot.

I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Parsons reacts to Harden's, "Dwight and I are the cornerstones...The rest of the guys are role players or pieces"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy