[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Parsons reacts to Harden's, "Dwight and I are the cornerstones...The rest of the guys are role players or pieces"
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/30/2014  5:13 PM
Chandler Parsons and James Harden aren’t playing nice, today.

First, it was Harden talking to media in the Phillipines when he said of the Rockets without Parsons and others:

“Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

By the time that message filtered across to the states, Parsons took issue with it in a radio interview with Jay Mohr.

“That’s a pretty ridiculous statement if he meant that. That’s one of the reasons why I wanted to go to Dallas. I’m ready for the next step. I’m ready for a bigger role and I’m ready for more leadership. If anyone should understand that, it should be James because he was in the same situation in Oklahoma City then he got his chance to come to Houston and shine.”

Speaking at an appearance in The Philippines, Harden said the Rockets could replace “pieces” that have left, including Parsons, Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2014/07/chandler-parsons-calls-james-hardens-comments-ridiculous/#24999101=0&25047103=0
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
7/30/2014  5:20 PM
The Rockets will not be as good as last year with the loss of Parsons.

Parsons really reminds me of Scotty Pippen.
I think he is a bit overpaid now, but if he continues to improve he will be worth that contract in a year or two.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/30/2014  5:24 PM
Parsons isn't good enough to take the kind of step Harden did. That said, Harden sounds like an arrogant *******.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/30/2014  5:25 PM

Dwight wants "@Free Palistine"

Harden to me was not dissing Parsons, he was selling his team. They all say that crap after a player leaves.

Parsons now selling his new team and himself. He got a good market value for his services! Now he says "ready to step up".

They all say this crap. NBA players mouth moves and its the same nonsense every year. Just different names.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/30/2014  5:37 PM
Well they are in Vegas together for team USA. How fun is that
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/30/2014  5:45 PM
what a great way to endear yourself to your team mates.

Harden = 0 Leadership.

CrushAlot
USA
7/30/2014  6:06 PM
franco12 wrote:what a great way to endear yourself to your team mates.

Harden = 0 Leadership.

Imagine if Melo said it.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/30/2014  6:24 PM
I disagree they will be worse.

While Parsons is a nice player Ariza is a better defender and HOuston honestly has all kinds of athletic talent just waiting to be a part of that team--if Mchale is a good coach this should be a great year for them
Jones
Montejunas
Adrien
Cannan
Johnson
Beverly

and they have cap room for one more big FA

RIP Crushalot😞
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/30/2014  6:36 PM
The Rockets are gonna be a handful still.

Harden may have time yet to show he can lead, meanwhile Dwight is such a lost cause in this category

Ariza was probably the perfect signing for these two goofs//// he'll be the leader

On the court to their credit they do allow their teammates to perform for the most part

Parson probably doesn't get paid those figures if not for playing alongside Harden and Dwight.

He'll have his chance to prove his value and potential

Rockets have incredible talent remaining-added.

D-Mo has taken their comments in stride feeling role players have to play confidently with them

Nick Johnson is for real and I expect Terrence Jones to break out

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/30/2014  7:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I disagree they will be worse.

While Parsons is a nice player Ariza is a better defender and HOuston honestly has all kinds of athletic talent just waiting to be a part of that team--if Mchale is a good coach this should be a great year for them
Jones
Montejunas
Adrien
Cannan
Johnson
Beverly

and they have cap room for one more big FA

I agree. After watching Nic Batum and Wes Matthews carve Houston up last year, I think it became obvious that the Rockets needed an upgrade on their wing defense. Ariza is also probably a better spot up shooter and he'll make it easier to hide Harden on defense.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/30/2014  7:23 PM
F500ONE wrote:The Rockets are gonna be a handful still.

Harden may have time yet to show he can lead, meanwhile Dwight is such a lost cause in this category

Ariza was probably the perfect signing for these two goofs//// he'll be the leader

On the court to their credit they do allow their teammates to perform for the most part

Parson probably doesn't get paid those figures if not for playing alongside Harden and Dwight.

D-Mo has taken their comments in stride feeling role players have to play confidently with them

It's tough to win on the next level when your stars are not leaders. which is why that got bounce in the first rnd. Ariza isn't a leader by any stretch.

Howard and Harden, both "all stars", couldn't even make it out of the 1st rnd.
Pure clowns, thats one of the reason melo probably didn't give it a 2nd thought.

Why is it you never here silly talk like this from spurs players.

Howard is one of the only true Center in the league, he should be dominating like WILT, and Harden doesn't care about winning championships, or else he would have sacrifice like wade and them, and stood with OKC, that dude hasn't done Nada since he's been there. STFU and focus on what it takes.

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/30/2014  7:28 PM
What else is funny is how Amare looked like he learned more from Hakim in 2 wks then Howard has in 2 yrs.
ES
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
7/30/2014  9:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Harden = 0 Leadership.

Imagine if Melo said it.

no imagination necessary plus he doesn't have to say it-- his actions and decisions speak far louder than words.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
7/30/2014  9:29 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Harden = 0 Leadership.

Imagine if Melo said it.

no imagination necessary plus he doesn't have to say it-- his actions and decisions speak far louder than words.

you are pathetic.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/30/2014  9:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

It's tough to win on the next level when your stars are not leaders. which is why that got bounce in the first rnd. Ariza isn't a leader by any stretch.

Pure clowns, thats one of the reason melo probably didn't give it a 2nd thought.

Howard is one of the only true Center in the league, he should be dominating like WILT, and Harden doesn't care about winning championships, or else he would have sacrifice like wade and them, and stood with OKC, that dude hasn't done Nada since he's been there. STFU and focus on what it takes.

Ariza is a leader, he's a major reason Beal and Wall grew up fast.

Leaders lead in different ways.

They accredited his leadership as to why they had a successful season last year.

The way Ariza demonstrated his leadership making Wall become more accountable and step into the role of leadership himself

Ariza will also bring a championship mentality to Houston///// something he has, Harden and Dwight do not

Melo didn't give Houston a 2nd thought because they only presented the 3rd richest offer of teams courting him

He would be one to know experiencing bundles and bundles and stacks and stacks of first round exits

CrushAlot
USA
7/30/2014  9:53 PM
F500ONE wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Ariza is a leader, he's a major reason Beal and Wall grew up fast.

Leaders lead in different ways.

They accredited his leadership as to why they had a successful season last year.

The way Ariza demonstrated his leadership making Wall become more accountable and step into the role of leadership himself

Ariza will also bring a championship mentality to Houston///// something he has, Harden and Dwight do not

Melo didn't give Houston a 2nd thought because they only presented the 3rd richest offer of teams courting him

He would be one to know experiencing bundles and bundles and stacks and stacks of first round exits

I remember earlier in the summer listening to a guy on espn radio that had to cover the rockets in the first round. He said the vibe there was really bad. Not sure if that is Dwight, harden or just a bad mix. Also, can't see the rockets going very far with McHale on the bench. Rockets were turned down by both Melo and Bosh. Also, Ariza said the wiz offer was about the same as the rockets but the tax break he would get playing in Texas made the rockets offer more lucrative.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
7/30/2014  10:07 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Harden = 0 Leadership.

Imagine if Melo said it.

you are pathetic.

you have no frame of reference from which to make that judgement.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

7/30/2014  10:07 PM
dk7th wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Harden = 0 Leadership.

Imagine if Melo said it.

you are pathetic.

geeze the board is on fire tonight

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/30/2014  10:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/30/2014  10:10 PM
Nalod wrote:
Dwight wants "@Free Palistine"

Harden to me was not dissing Parsons, he was selling his team. They all say that crap after a player leaves.

Parsons now selling his new team and himself. He got a good market value for his services! Now he says "ready to step up".

They all say this crap. NBA players mouth moves and its the same nonsense every year. Just different names.

Dwight's been a moron for quite some time but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Palestine should become a sovereign state.

As for Harden, he's still a douche and should learn to conduct himself better. It seems that he's turned himself into a massive diva in the past few years, dominating the ball to the detriment of his teammates and becoming one of the worst perimeter defenders in the league. On top of that, he seems to forget the integral role Parsons played in luring Dwight to Houston via their shared agent. No Paron's kissing Dwight's ass; no Dwight Howard who seems to be nothing more than a petulant man-child that needs constant reassuring. Them losing Parsons will hurt big time, even though they needed a perimeter defender like Ariza.

CrushAlot
USA
7/30/2014  10:17 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Harden = 0 Leadership.

Imagine if Melo said it.

you are pathetic.

geeze the board is on fire tonight

Tough times. Clyde says Melo is in supreme shape. HOF coach PJax signs Melo to a max deal. PG says he is going to shoot 25 times a night and Harden says everyone except for he and Dwight are role players. If Gallo throws out his back stretching or has more knee issues announced in the next week watch out.
Parsons reacts to Harden's, "Dwight and I are the cornerstones...The rest of the guys are role players or pieces"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy