[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is ridiculous
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/30/2014  12:45 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Caseloads wrote:What could the “ominous development” be?

Please. The player and agent should Stop whining and posturing through the media. The guy had one good season. Play another season at the QO and become unrestricted.

Getting offered what Lowry got was not lowballing.

Had 1 season where he averaged double figures in points, 1 season where he played more than 23 MPG, and in a 4 year career, he has basically missed an entire season of games because of injury. Not exactly Max contract material, IMO.

You can make a case that being offered Lowry money was not lowballing, but rather an offer that was too high for a player who has simply not played enough or done enough to warrant such a contract.

You can also make a case that Isaiah Thomas has done more in his career to earn a Max contract than Bledsoe, and he is on the court more often. He also has a position, and is not in the Bledsoe quandary of having, as somebody said, a SG mentality in a PG body.

Not sure why Phoenix has manufactured a PG glut, but going after Thomas indicates to me that the Suns expect to trade either Dragic or Bledsoe at some point during the season.

good post. but, imho dragic is not going anywhere. He is the engine that makes them run.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/30/2014  1:05 AM
callmened wrote:yeah i don9t get it..hes an overated injury prone 2G trapped in a PG body

He's injury just as much as

westbrook-knee
Curry- ankle
rondo-knee
rose-knee
wall-knee
wade-knee
cp3-knee

You get my drift, all of these players had miss significant time from injuries, all max players. he may not be right there on that level, but he's extremely close given the minutes and freedom.

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/30/2014  1:09 AM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:Is he worth more than Lowry? No way!!!

lowry doesn't have dragic to deal with, he's in a situation where they have an equal talent on their roster playing the same position.

Why don't they do a S&T

This is what I was saying in the thread I made about Bledsoe. Phoenix already had Dragic plus they went out and signed Isaiah Thomas who is a dam good player himself. So what do they even need Bledsoe?

They need shooting guards. Knicks have too many. There has to be a deal here somewhere. Knicks have Calderón but he can't really defend his position. Bledsoe takes care of that.

Something had got to give. Even if it's not Bledsoe coming here. This cat and mouse game looks bad for the team and the player.

were not going to trade for a guard when thats the position were overwhelmed in.

ES
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
7/30/2014  1:25 AM
Shumpert and bargs for Dragic or Bledsoe......done.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

7/30/2014  2:16 AM
The injury should not really be an issue. Dwayne Wade had his completely removed in 02 and is just now showing signs of it being an issue. bledsoe only had his partially removed which is better. I am not sure how Bledsoe plays without the ball in his hands but if he can maintain/improve his 3pt shooting while continue to attack the basket he will be a very good guard. I do not think he is a max player or a $12m player. It really doesn't even make sense to ask for that much given his production. I could see $7-8.5m per but $15m is outrageous. Maybe he wants out of Phx?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/30/2014  8:46 AM
he probably picked up some "how to be an evil greedy bastard" pamphlets from Melo. You never know what is going to happen to your career. Cant blame him for getting every dime he can now.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/30/2014  9:09 AM
I heard he's even demanding a no-trade clause!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/30/2014  9:26 AM
Anji wrote:Shumpert and bargs for Dragic or Bledsoe......done.

Pretty much but Calderón is the end all and we have too many guards to think about improving the team.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/30/2014  10:16 AM
I'm pretty sure he was talking up trying restricted free agency during pre-season last year!
mreinman
Member: #3189

7/30/2014  10:32 AM

Shump and Bargs would be a great trade for PHX!

can we throw in stat or is he too valuable to us?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/30/2014  10:36 AM
mreinman wrote:

Shump and Bargs would be a great trade for PHX!

can we throw in stat or is he too valuable to us?

Enyspree's heart would be broken. Gotta keep stat around.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/30/2014  12:37 PM
mreinman wrote:
good post. but, imho dragic is not going anywhere. He is the engine that makes them run.

Makes the Thomas deal even more puzzling, IMO, because Thomas seems to have emerged as a starter quality player, and his only position is PG.

Dragic also has a player option after next season, so if you are correct about his value to the team, and the Suns see it that way, he would be due a lot of money at some point if they wanted to keep him, although I can never figure out what the next Max would be for a player. Seems to be happy where he is- would he give Phoenix a home team discount, or do a Melo next year and opt out to play the market.

Can't believe that the Lowry type money is still being offered by Phoenix- seems to me that it would put a smaller budget team looking for players on the cheap (not one player under contract for over $ 7.5M)in a bind because they might be paying out over $30M to 3 guys who play the same position.

Would they sign Bledsoe without some plan to trade one of the 3? Were they hoping for another team to make an offer so they could do a sign and trade?

Only reason I really care is that you can see the Knicks being interested in Dragic or Bledsoe if they are available at some point. Since I don't think Dragic is a great perimeter defender (Am I wrong on this?) Bledsoe might be somebody we would want if we could afford to get him, although his durability is a major issue for me.

We will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/30/2014  12:43 PM
mreinman wrote:

Makes the Thomas deal even more puzzling, IMO, because Thomas seems to have emerged as a starter quality player, and his only position is PG.

Dragic also has a player option after next season, so if you are correct about his value to the team, and the Suns see it that way, he would be due a lot of money at some point if they wanted to keep him, although I can never figure out what the next Max would be for a player. Seems to be happy where he is- would he give Phoenix a home team discount, or do a Melo next year and opt out to play the market.

Can't believe that the Lowry type money is still being offered by Phoenix- seems to me that it would put a smaller budget team looking for players on the cheap (not one player under contract for over $ 7.5M)in a bind because they might be paying out over $30M to 3 guys who play the same position.

Would they sign Bledsoe without some plan to trade one of the 3? Were they hoping for another team to make an offer so they could do a sign and trade?

Only reason I really care is that you can see the Knicks being interested in Dragic or Bledsoe if they are available at some point. Since I don't think Dragic is a great perimeter defender (Am I wrong on this?) Bledsoe might be somebody we would want if we could afford to get him, although his durability is a major issue for me.

We will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
This is ridiculous

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy