[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Im Orlando
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/26/2004  11:02 PM
Im taking EO.

Im going to offer Drew Gooden to Seattle for Flip Murray and pick 9 which would be Arajuo

go split the MLE on for 3 years each Bobby Sura and Carlos Arroyo

Sign Keon Clark to the 2 year exemp

C Arajuo Clark
PF EO Howard
SF Tracy Mcgrady
SG Hill? Sura Bogans
PG Arroyo Murray
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/27/2004  10:29 AM
I don't think seattle would do that trade, Flip and a lottery pick for Gooden? I don't think so...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/27/2004  11:33 AM
Yeah...I agree with you tkf.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
5/27/2004  12:45 PM
If I'm Orlando I definitely try to unload McGrady. It's scary what type of return he can get.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/27/2004  1:59 PM
If T-mac gets traded, the team he goes to gets depleted in that trade.

Does orlando have the ability to get better fast? The No.1 pick can be traded. No.1 pick and Gooden to Chicago for Curry and Crawford??

Can they move down in the draft and get a good PG and lower pick?

THis is what the need to see, and if they can pull a few things that make them competitive, T-mac does not opt out. It is money for him? Losing sucks, he is in a nice town to play in, and its his home.

Orlando did not panic last year and kept assets to use.

Can they get better this year and have shaq come year after to play out where he still has his home base?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/27/2004  2:08 PM
Shaq will not return to Orlando as a player. He tried to buy a piece of the team, and he was denied. The only great trade out there for Orlando is with the Lakers or Boston. They can trade TMack straight up for Kobe or Pierce and still manage to retain their #1 or trade it to another team for more upgrades.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
5/27/2004  3:54 PM
If Phoenix is seriously considering offering Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion, Orlando should jump at the opportunity.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/28/2004  3:40 AM
Sorry bonn, but I think that Tmac is worth more than the 2 combined. A three for one deal, or with a pick to soften the deal would do it.

Tmac brought to many teams in the league make the instant contenders, shawn and joe would only make the magic a fairly good middle class team.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
5/28/2004  7:51 AM
Posted by raven:

Sorry bonn, but I think that Tmac is worth more than the 2 combined. A three for one deal, or with a pick to soften the deal would do it.

Tmac brought to many teams in the league make the instant contenders, shawn and joe would only make the magic a fairly good middle class team.

Joe Johnson's an improved player. He averaged about 16 PPG and Shawn Marion is an olympian. Why does no one care about the fact that T-Mac led his team to the worst record in basketball? Or that he was so unmotivated that earlier in the year he was talking about retirement? Or the fact that he has had chronic back problems throughout his career? I'd take a less talented, more competitive, healthier player with his head on straight any day.
raven
Canada
5/28/2004  8:01 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Joe Johnson's an improved player. He averaged about 16 PPG and Shawn Marion is an olympian. Why does no one care about the fact that T-Mac led his team to the worst record in basketball? Or that he was so unmotivated that earlier in the year he was talking about retirement? Or the fact that he has had chronic back problems throughout his career? I'd take a less talented, more competitive, healthier player with his head on straight any day.

JJ is just that for now, an improved player. Being an olympian doesn't mean anything, cause if the best players were truly in, marion wouldn't.

This season, tmac had no team around him. He was tripled all the time and lot of times in game had to get the ball up otherwise he even wouldn't have the opportunity to touch it.

The magic had a bad combo of bad luck and bad management choices.

Sorry again and no offense to you, but Tmac is a legit allstar, one of the very few true unguardable guys in the league. Those guys, jj and marion, are very good players, but among these three, only Tmac can be great.

[Edited by - raven on 05/28/2004 08:01:58]
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
5/28/2004  8:10 AM
here is a very interesting question which kind of makes sense for both teams. if you were orlando, would you try to make a deal by trading the number one pick and some other players ( juwan howard, grant hill, etc.) to the lakers for shaq?. i heard mike and the mad dog mentioning it yesterday and at first i thought it was dumb but it makes sense. if orlando gets shaq, they are instant title contenders with the combo of mcgrady and shaq, who are very close friends. once shaq leaves, buss can resign kobe with no problem and add okafor who could be a great player in a year or two. lakers get younger in an instant. they will also widen their window of opportunity ( let's face it. this is probably their last hurrah with the jax/kobe/shaq era).
raven
Canada
5/28/2004  8:32 AM
wow. trading shaq and taking the risk he might get a ring elsewhere is tough choice to make. If you can't be fired, ala LA lakers, you can afford to do it, average GM can't cause of the backfire risk.

would be interesting, though.
If Im Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy