[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

we have a 50 win team on our hands this year, i'm good at feeling these things out
Author Thread
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

7/23/2014  8:19 PM
easily,

reasoning:

you got calderon, in the prime of his career basically because 33 is the new 28 for point guards that can dish the rock and play with their heads plus drop treys

you got melo, eager to prove he can zen himself,

jr if he's still here is this a contract year? zen will put him under control,

bargs contract year---nixluva says this guy is bigger this year and more cut than he remembers him, the triangle will give him a role he can handle for the first time in his life and he will thrive because of it,

cole aldrich/saldal? beats FLU TYSON FUGAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus:

ZEN SPIRITUAL BASKETBALL BRAND (TM) --- PHILJAX HAS FREE REIGN AND THE HEARTS, EYEBALLS AND EARS OF HIS FLOCK

DEREK FISHER --- LITTLE JAX --->>> ALL WINNERS IN PLACE

PHILJAX---

1. first he made jordan into a champ
2. kobe into a champ
3....MELO INTO A CHAMP?

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
AUTOADVERT
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

7/23/2014  8:25 PM
soon:
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/23/2014  8:35 PM
I think this might be a 50 win team as well IF they stay healthy.

Again Im looking at

C-Dalembart
F Bargs
F Melo
G Smith
G Calderon

C Cole A or Jason Smith
PF Amare or Jason Smith
F Shumpert
G THJ
G Pablo or Larkin(and we could look elsewhere)

then you're likely looking at

Early
Ellington

Thats 14 they have to make a determination on Tyler--what the Knicks might need etc--but the outline above has a nice combination of vets--this actually would be one of the older teams in the league--so you have the experience. You have 4 high quality 3 pt shooters. You have post game in Amare and Bargs
you have more rim protection playing 2 6-11 guys all game. You have athleticism and energy defense with Dalemabrt Shumpert larkin JR Smith you have an elite level scorer in Amare. This reminds me a bit of the Dallas Mavericks--how they have constructed themselves over the last several years. They did win a championship and theyve been a high caliber team that competes in the playoffs. No one has to carry a load here---say we get one more vet big say a 3/4 type or straight 4 it would give us the extra depth since Amare and Smith are ???health-wise. We have a good system being put in. So yes I think we have a good team--I do NOT want to trade Bargs or JR Smith right now. If we do any move it should be smallish--we dont need to be overly clever right now--lets see what we have.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/23/2014  8:36 PM
Well I don't know about a Title but I do think this team is gonna win the Atlantic. When this team was deep and had good PG play it was a 54 win team. Now we have most of the same things but with a better offensive system and defensive philosophy. I'm am curious tho about what Phil is gonna do to finalize the roster. In the end there's still basically the same kind of offensive firepower. This isn't a team that can play top tier defense. It's just not built that way. They shouldn't be horrible, but don't expect anything really good on the defensive end. I think they'll have their moments on D. Especially if they put a defensive unit on the floor. This should be a playoff team and that's pretty much all that matters for this year. Win the Atlantic. Win a 1st rd. series and take it from there.
tj23
Member: #3119

7/24/2014  12:04 AM
I think it's a 40 win roster but in a weak conference and with a lot of potential coaching wise they could win 50.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/24/2014  12:25 AM
The defense will prevent them from winning 50....And there's no way this team will stay healthy.....I think melo will be the first injury bug.....just have a feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

We have the talent and system to win but we are really a player or two away from making noise...The east is deeper than you think....Charlotte, Toronto, Cleveland, Washington, Miami. ...All good teams that could beat us on any givin night. It comes down to defense and health.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/24/2014  1:00 AM
blkexec wrote:The defense will prevent them from winning 50....And there's no way this team will stay healthy.....I think melo will be the first injury bug.....just have a feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

We have the talent and system to win but we are really a player or two away from making noise...The east is deeper than you think....Charlotte, Toronto, Cleveland, Washington, Miami. ...All good teams that could beat us on any givin night. It comes down to defense and health.

Dallas won 50 and almost beat San Antonio in the playoffs with Jose Calderon at PG and Monta Ellis at guard. Dirk is also a weak defender and he was one of only two players over 6-11. We have more size that that team we have comparable athletic ability and energy.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/24/2014  1:46 AM
People just don't get that efficient offensive teams can win too. The trick is to play just enough defense and ball out on offense. One of Phil's Laker teams did this. The 2000-01 finals team was great offensively but was 23rd in Pts allowed and 21st in defensive rating. They were #2 in offensive rating. It's not how you want to do things but it has been done. Not every great defensive team wins the title. It's more complex than that. Gotta hope they can scheme a defense like the Mavs did. Find a way to hide the weak links on D.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
7/24/2014  2:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
blkexec wrote:The defense will prevent them from winning 50....And there's no way this team will stay healthy.....I think melo will be the first injury bug.....just have a feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

Dallas won 50 and almost beat San Antonio in the playoffs with Jose Calderon at PG and Monta Ellis at guard. Dirk is also a weak defender and he was one of only two players over 6-11. We have more size that that team we have comparable athletic ability and energy.

dirk's TS% is elite. in 8 of his 16 seasons he has gotten better than 58%TS. i haven't researched but i would guess that his better TS% seasons were years his team was more successful.

in 9 of his 16 seasons dirk's usage to assist ratio is in the vicinity is 2:1 which is more than respectable.

if carmelo anthony achieves these numbers it will be a very big deal.

i am pessimistic.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Melonoma
Member: #5608

7/24/2014  2:46 AM
Relax. We'll make the playoffs in this Eastern Conference, but this is a very flawed roster.
MX25
Member: #555
USA
7/24/2014  3:40 AM
Nope. 40-45 win team. East has improved.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/24/2014  10:21 AM
MX25 wrote:Nope. 40-45 win team. East has improved.

very true!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/24/2014  10:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2014  10:24 AM

I'd say roughly 40 wins. I'm not sure the east has improved. Most of the alleged improvements are just guys switching teams in the east.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/24/2014  11:02 AM
44-38

6th seed

F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/24/2014  11:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2014  11:07 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

I'd say roughly 40 wins. I'm not sure the east has improved. Most of the alleged improvements are just guys switching teams on the east.

Naaahhh The East improved take a look////

Much improved teams who made playoffs

Chicago - [D-Rose back added Gasol, MickeyDs, Mirotic, Aaron Brooks]

Wizards - [Rice better, Porter better, added Pierce, Kris Humps, Dejuan Blair, Andre Miller(whole season)]-[lost Ariza]

Hornets - [added Sir Lance, Marvin Williams, Vonleh, Hairston]

Hawks - [Horford back, added Thabo, Kent-Based, Adreian Payne, Salmons]-[lost Louis Williams]

Much improved teams who missed playoffs

Cleveland - [added Lebron, Mike Miller, James Jones, Ray Allen, and Wiggins////Bennett more than likely better]

Orlando - [added Elfrid Payton, Aaron Gordon, Luke Ridnour, Ben Gordon, Evan Fournier, Anthony Randolph, Channing Frye, Willie Green]-[lost Afflalo and Jameer]

Bucks - [Sanders back, Gannis better, added Parker, Jerryd Bayless, Kendall Marshall]

Stayed relatively the same made playoffs

Heat - [added Luol Deng, McRobs, Granger, Napier]-[lost Lebron]

Pacers - [added Miles, Stuckey, Euro League Top Shooter]-[lost Lance]

Raptors - [added Louis Williams, James Johnson, Caboclo]-[lost Salmons]

Teams in the unknown who didn't make playoffs can be made a case of being better or worse

Us-Knicks

Philly

Pistons

Nets

Boston

If I had to pick a team from the bottom 5 who I think improved the most compared to last year results I'd have to go with Boston. It has more to do with how many more games do you think every team in the East wins compared to last year. The only 2 teams who will lose more games IMO are the Pacers and Heat, but by how much? They won't drop more than 10gms. Meanwhile bottom teams like Bucks and Orlando and possibly Boston will win significantly more, while most of the playoff teams from last year remain the same +/- 4-5gms

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/24/2014  11:09 AM
If not for Phil & Derek I'd go
40-42
8th seed
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/24/2014  11:10 AM

I think we win about 33-35gms and may bounce back next year.

This season isn't our season

If we do lose, I hope it's a lot and not the mediocre high 30win total like the past season

Rather have a great pick heading into the summer if that's the case

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/24/2014  12:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2014  12:15 PM
Phil Jackson was introduced as the president of the New York Knicks back in March and vowed to once again make the Knicks one of the NBA’s elite franchises. The state of the team was a complete mess when Jackson took over and it seemed like a job only the Hall of Fame coach would be able to take on and fix.

The Knicks have $87,089,605 committed in guaranteed contracts for the 2014-15 season and find themselves paying the luxury tax once again. Not only did the Knicks have no cap space to work with this summer, they were also one of a few teams heading into the draft with no picks in a class that’s considered one of the best in recent years. The team also needed to find a new head coach, as Mike Woodson was fired after finishing last season with a 37-45 record and failing to reach the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference. And perhaps the biggest issue of all was the uncertainty surrounding Carmelo Anthony and whether he would re-sign with New York.
With plenty of tasks on his to-do list, Jackson got to work. He started the search for his new coach, pursuing Steve Kerr but ultimately settling on Derek Fisher when the former was hired by the Golden State Warriors. Once the Oklahoma City Thunder were eliminated from the playoffs, Fisher was announced as the Knicks’ head coach just 10 days after playing in his last game. A couple of weeks later, Jackson then orchestrated a six-player trade that allowed the Knicks to acquire Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington and two second-round draft picks from the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton. With those two draft picks, the Knicks selected Cleanthony Early at No. 34 and Thanasis Antetokounmpo at No. 51.
The next item on the agenda for Jackson and his staff was persuading Anthony to stay home and commit to the Knicks long-term. Despite the huge uncertainty around Anthony’s decision, Jackson remained confident that the All-Star forward would stay. When the two met, Jackson pitched the idea of re-signing and developing the Knicks into a perennial contender. After meeting with several teams including the Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks, Anthony ultimately chose to stay home and committed to another five years with the Knicks for a little bit less than the max at $124,064,681.
Just three months after the season ended, the Knicks suddenly have a young group of core players in Early, Antetokounmpo, Larkin, Iman Shumpert and Tim Hardaway Jr., as well as veteran leaders in Anthony, Calderon, Dalembert, J.R. Smith and Amar’e Stoudemire among others.

“It’s a great situation,” Larkin said when asked about joining the Knicks. “As a rookie [in Dallas], I just had to sit on the bench, go really hard in practice and learn everything I could. That’s what I did last year and hopefully this year I can implement that into summer league, the preseason and then the regular season, and get regular minutes.”
Early, Larkin and Hardaway all showed what they can bring to the table during the Las Vegas Summer League. In four games, Early averaged 11.5 points on 46 percent shooting from the field and 4.8 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Larkin averaged 12.2 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists and three steals per game while Hardaway dominated the Summer League by dropping 22.8 points per game. Not only were the three players in sync on the court in Las Vegas, they also spent so much time together off the court that people started calling the them the “Three Amigos,” according to Early.
Summer league also provided Fisher a chance to begin his career as a head coach. When he was introduced as the team’s coach on June 10, he said that he is experienced in basketball and stated that he’ll share that experience as a champion with his players as they try to bring a title to New York.

“It’s nice playing for him and playing for a head coach that played the same position as you in the same offense,” Larkin said on playing for Fisher. “If you watched the game, you saw him call me over a couple of times and give me hints here and there on how I can be successful in this offense. If you can remember in D. Fisher’s career it was about how mentally tough he was, how tough he was on the defensive side and how he always hit the big shots, so if I can have a career like that in the triangle offense then that will be a great thing. There’s nobody else better that I can be learning from than D. Fish.
“He didn’t look phased at all [in his coaching debut]. Down the stretch he was real cool, calm and poised and I feel like he’s going to be a great head coach.”

Given their recent moves and acquisitions, the Knicks will have an opportunity to compete next season in the Eastern Conference. While the Cleveland Cavaliers, Chicago Bulls and Indiana Pacers will likely be the East’s top teams, it does seem that the conference will be wide open and up for grabs. Asked if the recent changes to the East will make the Knicks’ job easier next season, Hardaway responded by saying that nothing is easy and the team is still learning to put it all together.
Part of putting it together will include learning the triangle offense from Jackson and Fisher.

“It’s everything,” Early said on playing in the triangle offense. “It’s our offense, it’s what we got to do, what we have to learn and we’ll take as much time as possible to do that. We have a lot of great players. Everyone is just continuing to take the attitude of they want to be better and with that focus no one is stopping us.
“In your off time, it’s really easy to go check out videos of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant – the Bulls and the Lakers – just running through the offense and seeing the positions. It’s all set up in a way where if you make a pass, you know what you’re doing. I’m trying to learn as much as possible, talking to Phil and Derek and the guys who have ran it before like Shannon [Brown] and those guys.”
Early was the first player that Jackson selected in his new role as an executive, which is something he’s extremely proud of.
“It’s very humbling, but at the same time it’s very inspiring – that’s exactly what it’s doing for me,” Early said of being Jackson’s first draft pick. “It’s keeping me humble and it’s keeping me inspired because he had players like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Now, with him drafting me first, you have an expectation to live up to. And it’s not just what anyone else sets for you, it’s what you set for yourself and where you see yourself. If you have high goals, you’re going to work hard and Phil Jackson is the perfect teacher. People call him the Zen Master and a genius, and you get labels like those from having a great resume and being a great person and I think I could do great with those type of people because I’m willing to learn from as many people as possible. When you have a great teacher and someone who’s willing to listen and is as open to learning as I am, only positive can come out from this.”
The Knicks are hoping that Early is right and that only positives lie ahead for the Knicks with Jackson leading the way. It certainly seems that the franchise is heading in the right direction, with plenty of reason for optimism moving forward.

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/phil-jackson-leading-knicks-in-right-direction/#w5D21C9QF3WHB6sP.99

love this kid already, great attitude, 4 yr player, smart, hard worker..Your Hired

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/24/2014  12:29 PM
Great article. Thanks for posting it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/24/2014  12:46 PM
F500ONE wrote:

I think we win about 33-35gms and may bounce back next year.

This season isn't our season

If we do lose, I hope it's a lot and not the mediocre high 30win total like the past season

Rather have a great pick heading into the summer if that's the case

So Knicks upgrade PG, get more depth up front, stabalize the coaching and front office, get younger and more athletic and you have them losing more games than the year before. But all the east has improved because every guy on every other's team "improved."

great analysis

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
we have a 50 win team on our hands this year, i'm good at feeling these things out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy