[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Bulls are making a push for love...why not us?
Author Thread
babyKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1191
USA
7/22/2014  4:52 PM

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/22/bulls-kevin-love-trade-cavaliers?xid=nl_siextra

Sports Illustrated

The Bulls are making a push to trade for the Timberwolves' Kevin Love, according to a report from ESPN.com's Marc Stein and Brian Windhorst.

Chicago's package for Love could include forwards Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson, in addition to other assets.

Windhorst and Stein report that the Cleveland Cavaliers remain the leading contender in the Love sweepstakes, with the team 'increasingly optimistic' about coming to terms on a framework for a trade.

Cleveland's package would include Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, the No. 1 picks in the last two drafts, plus a future first-rounder and potentially one additional player to meet NBA trade requirements.

More: Report: Cavs close to signing Andrew Wiggins, would delay trade

Golden State has been rumored as another potential landing spot for Love, though reports indicate the Warriors' refusal to include shooting guard Klay Thompson in a potential package has stalled negotiations.

This offseason, the Bulls signed four-time All-Star center Pau Gasol and heralded European prospect Nikola Mirotic and acquired former Creighton forward Doug McDermott in a draft night trade.

Chicago won 48 games and finished in fourth place in the Eastern Conference last season before losing to the Wizards in the first round of the playoffs.

What Cleveland must sacrifice to gain Kevin Love

On Monday's SI Now, Sports Illustrated senior writer Chris Mannix and NBA writer Ben Golliver discuss the sacrifices Cleveland would have to make to acquire Kevin Love and who they would have to trade along with Andrew Wiggins.

- Chris Johnson

Reg

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
AUTOADVERT
babyKnicks
USA
7/22/2014  4:54 PM
Bargs + shump + 2015 #1 + another yute (Tyler?) and maybe another yute?
chewy
Member: #3689

7/22/2014  4:54 PM
And who will we trade to get Love? #nochance
John Starks is the greatest
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/22/2014  5:02 PM
We don't have the assets.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/22/2014  5:04 PM
If Cleveland gives up that, then they are on crack!
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/22/2014  5:05 PM
We can't come anywhere near matching Wiggins, Bennett and a 2015 first rounder!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/22/2014  5:09 PM
The biggest problem here is for whatever reason the Bulls players are always sold by the media and fans as much more than they are, while it is assumed NY never has any assets. In this example, Butler and Gibson are being advertised as players worthy of being the center pieces of a package for Love, and this is always the case with Bulls players. Makes no sense to me.
babyKnicks
USA
7/22/2014  5:33 PM
Knixkik wrote:The biggest problem here is for whatever reason the Bulls players are always sold by the media and fans as much more than they are, while it is assumed NY never has any assets. In this example, Butler and Gibson are being advertised as players worthy of being the center pieces of a package for Love, and this is always the case with Bulls players. Makes no sense to me.

Agreed. Looking at the numbers there is no reason shump + bargs + 2015 first rounder. Don't out match the bulls or cavs offer (wiggins not included)

We could add more players to the mix and still keep a core of

Love
Amare
Melo
Jr
Calderone

Thjr, Cleanthony, and others would be cool.

The more I look. I think bargs is going to produce in the triangle. He's better than pau gasol on paper (stats)

H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/22/2014  6:04 PM
babyKnicks wrote:Bargs + shump + 2015 #1 + another yute (Tyler?) and maybe another yute?

First of all we cannot trade our 2015 #1st. Stepien Rule, or whatever it's called.

Second of all even if we could do you really think any trade headlined by Bargs+Shump will get you Kevin Love? I'm having a hard time believing you aren't being sarcastic. That package wouldn't even get us late first rounder. Actually, we'd probably have to give a team Shump JUST to take Bargs off our hands. Bargs is kryptonite at this point. His value is in the negative range.

We can't get into the mix for Kevin Love because we cannot ever match any of the other teams packages in terms of talent. Let's get real here, we have zip that is even on the same level as what the other teams are offering.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/22/2014  6:41 PM
Guess we should've held on to that 2016 1st we gave up for Bargnani without second thought eh?
tj23
Member: #3119

7/22/2014  7:17 PM
If the Bulls have a chance I don't see why we don't. They don't have much better assets in my opinion. I don't see Minny going for that? Maybe they're using Chicago to try to up the price for other teams?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/22/2014  7:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2014  7:37 PM
Knixkik wrote:The biggest problem here is for whatever reason the Bulls players are always sold by the media and fans as much more than they are, while it is assumed NY never has any assets. In this example, Butler and Gibson are being advertised as players worthy of being the center pieces of a package for Love, and this is always the case with Bulls players. Makes no sense to me.

Yeah. I mean, I didn't want Butler in any packages for Melo. He's Landry Fields at this point. He had one good season shooting from three and an abysmal shooting % the following season. If the Bulls really want to get serious in these trade talks, they'll have to start including Mirotic and McDermott and Snell.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
VCoug
Member: #1406

7/22/2014  7:38 PM
We don't have anywhere near the assets Chicago or Cleveland has for a Love trade. Jimmy Butler is a better asset and Taj Gibson is a far better player than anyone we could include in a Love trade. Wiggins is a FAR better asset than anything we could possible give up in a Love trade.

Also Love has a de facto no trade clause since he's expiring and whatever team trades for him would want/need him to agree to a contract extension; I'd put the odds at less than 10% that he would agree to a contract extension with us. So then, we'd have to agree to give up assets in the hope that he'll sign an extension in the offseason.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
BigDaddyG

7/22/2014  7:48 PM
VCoug wrote:We don't have anywhere near the assets Chicago or Cleveland has for a Love trade. Jimmy Butler is a better asset and Taj Gibson is a far better player than anyone we could include in a Love trade. Wiggins is a FAR better asset than anything we could possible give up in a Love trade.

Also Love has a de facto no trade clause since he's expiring and whatever team trades for him would want/need him to agree to a contract extension; I'd put the odds at less than 10% that he would agree to a contract extension with us. So then, we'd have to agree to give up assets in the hope that he'll sign an extension in the offseason.

Don't agree about Butler, but a package of Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott and a first trumps anything we can offer. It would give Minnesota a known quantity at PF, a solid prospect at PF and a player to address their shooting problems. But I think we've seen all summer that a package of Butler, Gibson and a first isn't getting the bulls anywhere.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
7/22/2014  7:50 PM
we dont have the assets, in reality neither does chicago.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/22/2014  7:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah. I mean, I didn't want Butler in any packages for Melo. He's Landry Fields at this point. He had one good season shooting from three and an abysmal shooting % the following season. If the Bulls really want to get serious in these trade talks, they'll have to start including Mirotic and McDermott and Snell.

Yup...

Only way I would do the Butler/Gibson/other assets trade that DID NOT include Mirotic and McDermott is if no other serious offers for Love were made, and Minny was about to lose him for nothing.

Surprised that Chicago would even make the reported offer with a straight face, to be honest, unless they were approached by the T Wolves first and asked what they might offer.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
VCoug
Member: #1406

7/22/2014  7:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
VCoug wrote:We don't have anywhere near the assets Chicago or Cleveland has for a Love trade. Jimmy Butler is a better asset and Taj Gibson is a far better player than anyone we could include in a Love trade. Wiggins is a FAR better asset than anything we could possible give up in a Love trade.

Don't agree about Butler, but a package of Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott and a first trumps anything we can offer. It would give Minnesota a known quantity at PF, a solid prospect at PF and a player to address their shooting problems. But I think we've seen all summer that a package of Butler, Gibson and a first isn't getting the bulls anywhere.

I think Butler's still considered a high-upside player around the league. Not as much as he was after 2012-13 but I think it's still there. He's still a better prospect than Shump, THJr, Larkin, or Early.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/22/2014  7:57 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Guess we should've held on to that 2016 1st we gave up for Bargnani without second thought eh?

I'm not sure if Grunwald would do the trade again, even if he was rehired and promised not to be fired.

What an awful trade

F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/22/2014  8:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2014  8:03 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yup...

Only way I would do the Butler/Gibson/other assets trade that DID NOT include Mirotic and McDermott is if no other serious offers for Love were made, and Minny was about to lose him for nothing.

Surprised that Chicago would even make the reported offer with a straight face, to be honest, unless they were approached by the T Wolves first and asked what they might offer.

This was a leak by either Wolves or Love's camp to gain leverage against Cavs/Warriors(bidding war), to start making the move Wolves/Love wants.

The Cavs at the same time leaked they would move on without including Wiggins, upping the threat they were on the verge of signing him this week

Follow these most recent trails and not surprising both teams(Wolves Cavs) are inching closer to completing a deal

Cavs completed a trade with the Utah Jazz moments ago

BigDaddyG

7/22/2014  8:02 PM
VCoug wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think Butler's still considered a high-upside player around the league. Not as much as he was after 2012-13 but I think it's still there. He's still a better prospect than Shump, THJr, Larkin, or Early.

Really? I think THJ on his on wouldwould pull more than Butler. I think Butler and Shump's value are about the same, a low first round pick. Butler might be a lil higher than Shump.
The Bulls are making a push for love...why not us?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy