[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who exactly are we trying to get in 2015?
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

7/28/2014  9:56 AM
We dont necessarily have to max guys out we could get 3 guys in the 8-12 million dollar range that fit the system which makes them out perform their contract. Would the Knicks be in that bad of shape if they got Asik , Affalo, and Faried or Mozgov, Milasap and Wesley Matthews
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
7/28/2014  11:27 AM
I think you look at Rondo, Lopez, Millshap.

You hope Hardway develops and you move Smith and Calderon to open up room for those three guys. Would also be nice to see how the other young guys turn out.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/28/2014  11:39 AM
Knixkik wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Players who will help the team win and become more appealing to future FAs. It's too optimistic to think this .400 team is going to be appealing to FAs in a year. If someone wants to come here, great, but I don't expect it.

I think lack of availability is more a concern than free agents wanting to come here in a year or two.

It's not an either/or. If this was a desirable roster to join, Love would be pushing to come here rather than go to Ohio. No one picks Ohio over NYC unless they grew up there (Lebron) or the NY team is undesirable.

Or the Cleveland team is already stocked with talent and has Lebron on the roster. Cleveland wasn't on Love's list prior to the Love signing.

exactly. We need to stock a team with talent before we attract worthwhile FAs. Adding Jose Calderon to a .450 team isn't enough.
Bonn... Rockets have Dwight and Harden and PG who defends and distributes. Why didnt they attract any worthwhile FAs?

Has Kevin Love had a winning season in the NBA?

Didn't Ariza sign there and wasn't the only reason Bosh didn't sign because Miami trumped with a 5th yr SMax deal?

right... so lets recap:
Gone:
Lin, Parsons, Asik
In: Ariza, but only because Bosh turned down their $25mm a year to take the same for longer with Miami.

Does that strike you as good in any way shape or form?

Sure if I ignore

The cap flexibility they acquired by dumping Lin

The Summer League guard play from Nick Johnson[2014 second round draft pick] and signing Troy Daniels cheap, who'll replace Lin

The 2015 pick they acquired from Pelicans in the Asik deal

Were they hoping to sign someone significant this off season, yeah it didn't work but it didn't derail them either.

Rockets will have some flexibility in free agency next year if everything remains the same

dont ignore anything. Morey has had a terrible offseason. You put a cute spin on it but he lost three key guys and added one. Im sorry but a first rounder in the 20s next year and a 2nd rounder who played well in the summer league isnt a sound replacement for quality NBA players on a team looking to break out of first roun elimination. Those are damage control hedge type moves.

parsons was better to keep then adding Ariza, who is turnung into a journey player. I though the Melo wearing lins jersey # was the absolute killer, atleast public opinion, that was class less in every form.

I agree. Ariza has become somewhat overrated overall. He is the flavor of the month at the right time. If he were a free agent following some other previous seasons, i doubt he commands more than mid level money.

So if he was a free agent next year he wouldn't get more than MLE money from us//// Yeah right!

He's getting paid about $1.75-2mil more than MLE money now, is it really that big a deal

Parsons is making double what Ariza is making.

I think Parsons is a fine young player but $14.5mil to $7.5mil is a far bigger gap than $7.5mil over $5.3mil

Parson is not double the player Ariza is, especially when the age gap is only 4yrs

Stop splitting hairs on an atom here

If Ariza is a journeyman////we better not think thrice about paying Al Jefferson close to max money if he's all that's out there

Journeyman correct?

Ariza is a role player, who has had some good years and bad years. Jefferson is a consistant 20/10 type player. There is no comparison.

There is a comparison when you're talking amount of money paid.

You could easily say Jefferson has been a 20/10 loser for the majority of his career

Face it he's sought after because we hope he'll be available

I like Jefferson a lot but let's stop trying to shortchange Ariza here.

Once again he is an NBA Champion and contributed tremendously during Laker run when there

VCoug
Member: #1406

7/28/2014  11:49 AM
Jmpasq wrote:We dont necessarily have to max guys out we could get 3 guys in the 8-12 million dollar range that fit the system which makes them out perform their contract. Would the Knicks be in that bad of shape if they got Asik , Affalo, and Faried or Mozgov, Milasap and Wesley Matthews

If the goal is to compete for a title? Yes. Those teams are looking at a string of 2nd round playoff exits with maybe an appearance in the ECF but no chance of going further than that unless the East collapses again like it did after Jordan retired. Also, we probably won't have cap space to sign 3 guys in the $8M-$12M range. Next Summer we're most likely going to have a little less than $20M in cap room, not the $30M-ish it would take to sign those guys.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Jmpasq

7/28/2014  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2014  12:05 PM
VCoug wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:We dont necessarily have to max guys out we could get 3 guys in the 8-12 million dollar range that fit the system which makes them out perform their contract. Would the Knicks be in that bad of shape if they got Asik , Affalo, and Faried or Mozgov, Milasap and Wesley Matthews

If the goal is to compete for a title? Yes. Those teams are looking at a string of 2nd round playoff exits with maybe an appearance in the ECF but no chance of going further than that unless the East collapses again like it did after Jordan retired. Also, we probably won't have cap space to sign 3 guys in the $8M-$12M range. Next Summer we're most likely going to have a little less than $20M in cap room, not the $30M-ish it would take to sign those guys.

They would have about 27 million if they can unload JR. Thats keeping Hardaway and Larkin, buy out of Pablo.

I dont think just Marc Gasol makes the Knicks championship contenders either. Honestly I really dont see how they can build a team unless they can get guys to take pay cuts to be here and since Melo wouldnt its doubtful anyone will.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/28/2014  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2014  2:25 PM
VCoug wrote:

Yeah I think Ian Begley has done a couple write-ups on ESPN about our future cap situation.

Appears we're going to have $17-18mil unless the cap skyrockets, which I doubt////he projected cap at $65mil next year

We could create a little more room depending on what we do with Larkin and Shumpert and if Smith opts out.

If the cap increases to $80mil, while we'll have lots more to spend so will other teams

Having essentially Max Level salary cap room as things stand is gonna do absolutely nothing for us to contend.

Will we be better, yeah to a degree but nothing significant

I see us missing the playoffs this season.

Make a couple moves next season and should get there but as a low seed

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/28/2014  2:23 PM
VCoug wrote:

Agreed but we're probably not competing for a title anyway unless Lebron or Durant comes here.
Jmpasq

7/29/2014  8:04 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Agreed but we're probably not competing for a title anyway unless Lebron or Durant comes here.

Lebron or Durant is not happening, better chance at Anthony Davis in a couple years.
The 2015 Draft pick has to be an All NBA Level player. Thats basically what it comes down to for the Knicks championship hopes. I think the Knicks best chance of winning is building a roster like im suggesting with multiple good players instead of just 1 more max player. That strategy plus leaving the roster spots for multiple young players to get playing time even at the cost of regular season wins is an imperative. If they dont find at least 2 solid 8 man rotation players and 1 All Star level player on the cheap they can't win a title.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/29/2014  8:10 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Lebron or Durant is not happening, better chance at Anthony Davis in a couple years.
The 2015 Draft pick has to be an All NBA Level player. Thats basically what it comes down to for the Knicks championship hopes. I think the Knicks best chance of winning is building a roster like im suggesting with multiple good players instead of just 1 more max player. That strategy plus leaving the roster spots for multiple young players to get playing time even at the cost of regular season wins is an imperative. If they dont find at least 2 solid 8 man rotation players and 1 All Star level player on the cheap they can't win a title.
who are the multiple guys you would target?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy