Just keep the team as is into the season for now
Author Thread
H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

7/23/2014  5:19 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
fishmike wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I can live with this roster moving forward. The big question is that who makes the 15. Here is my list of who makes it this year with what we have now...

C-Bargnani
C-Aldrich
C/PF-Jason Smith
PF-Amare
PF-Jeremy Tyler
SF-Melo
SF-Early
SF-Thanasis
SG-JR Smith
SG-Shump
SG-THJr
SG-Ellington
PG-Calderon
PG-Larkin
PG-Pablo

CUT: Brown, Dalembert(SHOCK MOVE. Big Sam just does not match well as a 5 in the triangle)

Inactive list: Ellington, Pablo, Aldrich

Starting 5
C-Bargnani - His outside shooting will be key.
PF-Jason Smith - Hoping he can provide shot blocking and rebounding.
SF-Melo - Olympic Melo needs to show up this year.
SG-Shump - Need his defense to protect Calderon.
PG-Calderon

Fisher will have a 9-10 man rotation. He will have these guys in the rotation...
PF-Amare - He will play starter minutes but will be a 6th man and feast on the the 2nd unit.
SF-Early
SG-JR Smith - He will be back to playing one of the better 6th man in the league. Hopefully he gets his value up.
SG-THJr
PG-Larkin

Out of rotation....Pablo, Thanasis

only way Dalembert isnt the starting center is if he's hurt. Dont get too caught up in the skills needed to run the triangle. Knicks need someone to protect the rim, thats about all that Sam brings but he's good. Remember Bulls won 3 titles with Rodman. Obviously hes one of the best defender/rebounders (ever) but on offense he did little more than set picks and attack the offensive glass.

Rodman was a nut job but he had a very high BBall IQ. I just don't see Dalembert in that spot. The Bulls never had a rim protector. They played a lot of positional defense. Wasn't their top shot blocker at one point Pippen? I think values BBall IQ more than anything else. This is probably why he talks highly of Bargs. He wants people to not be surprised when Bargs starts at C.

Bargs has high bball IQ?

Not sure I can square that statement with visions of him flailing around on D like a hooked marlin.

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/23/2014  5:21 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
fishmike wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I can live with this roster moving forward. The big question is that who makes the 15. Here is my list of who makes it this year with what we have now...

C-Bargnani
C-Aldrich
C/PF-Jason Smith
PF-Amare
PF-Jeremy Tyler
SF-Melo
SF-Early
SF-Thanasis
SG-JR Smith
SG-Shump
SG-THJr
SG-Ellington
PG-Calderon
PG-Larkin
PG-Pablo

CUT: Brown, Dalembert(SHOCK MOVE. Big Sam just does not match well as a 5 in the triangle)

Inactive list: Ellington, Pablo, Aldrich

Starting 5
C-Bargnani - His outside shooting will be key.
PF-Jason Smith - Hoping he can provide shot blocking and rebounding.
SF-Melo - Olympic Melo needs to show up this year.
SG-Shump - Need his defense to protect Calderon.
PG-Calderon

Fisher will have a 9-10 man rotation. He will have these guys in the rotation...
PF-Amare - He will play starter minutes but will be a 6th man and feast on the the 2nd unit.
SF-Early
SG-JR Smith - He will be back to playing one of the better 6th man in the league. Hopefully he gets his value up.
SG-THJr
PG-Larkin

Out of rotation....Pablo, Thanasis

only way Dalembert isnt the starting center is if he's hurt. Dont get too caught up in the skills needed to run the triangle. Knicks need someone to protect the rim, thats about all that Sam brings but he's good. Remember Bulls won 3 titles with Rodman. Obviously hes one of the best defender/rebounders (ever) but on offense he did little more than set picks and attack the offensive glass.

Rodman was a nut job but he had a very high BBall IQ. I just don't see Dalembert in that spot. The Bulls never had a rim protector. They played a lot of positional defense. Wasn't their top shot blocker at one point Pippen? I think values BBall IQ more than anything else. This is probably why he talks highly of Bargs. He wants people to not be surprised when Bargs starts at C.

Bargs has high bball IQ?

Not sure I can square that statement with visions of him flailing around on D like a hooked marlin.

My apologies. High Offensive BBall IQ. Bargs is a very good post defender. His problem is that he has no concept of help defense.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/23/2014  8:44 PM
very high off. b-ball IQ

[IMG_block] http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3740849/bargs3_medium.gif [/IMG_block]

[IMG_block] http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3740825/noooknicks.gif [/IMG_block]

RonRon
Member: #246
7/23/2014  9:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2014  9:54 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:very high off. b-ball IQ

[IMG_block] http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3740849/bargs3_medium.gif [/IMG_block]

[IMG_block] http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3740825/noooknicks.gif [/IMG_block]

lol

We won that game at least

Just keep the team as is into the season for now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy