[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Steve Mills finalist to head the players association
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/19/2014  7:11 PM
“@seth_rosenthal: Oh word RT @PeterVecsey1: Players Assn 2  name Exec Director Monday. Finalists:  Steve Mills & Arn Tellem, angling 2 run union 4 last 3 CBAs”
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
7/19/2014  7:19 PM
“@PeterVecsey1: Impeccable source reveals Players Assn 2  name Exec Director Monday. Finalists:  Steve Mills & Arn Tellem, angling 2 run union 4 last 3 CBAs”
Dagger
Member: #4184

7/19/2014  7:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2014  7:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
“@PeterVecsey1: Impeccable source reveals Players Assn 2  name Exec Director Monday. Finalists:  Steve Mills & Arn Tellem, angling 2 run union 4 last 3 CBAs”

Good news if this can somehow help us in free agency if Steve gets the job. It could also backfire because the players agency isn't exactly interested in players signing "value deals". It seems like a conflict of interests honestly.

Maybe it means Mills steps down as GM?

CrushAlot
USA
7/19/2014  7:29 PM
Dagger wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Good news if this can somehow help us in free agency if Steve gets the job. It could also backfire because the players agency isn't exactly interested in players signing "value deals". It seems like a conflict of interests honestly.

I think he would have to step down.
Dagger
Member: #4184

7/19/2014  7:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Dagger wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Who assumes the GM role then, will they re-assign Houston from Dleague GM to Knicks GM?

CrushAlot
USA
7/19/2014  8:18 PM
Dagger wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Dagger wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Who assumes the GM role then, will they re-assign Houston from Dleague GM to Knicks GM?

I hope Phil brings in his own guy. I thought that Mills was gone when Phil got the job. Phil and Steve seem to have a nice rapport but Steve was in charge last year when things needed to be handled a lot better by the front office and of course his tenure with the team during the Isiah era was horrific.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/19/2014  8:25 PM
Phil will bring in a young guy with a similar outlook as him. This is assuming mills becomes pres of players assoc
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/19/2014  8:38 PM
Is this a sign Mills isn't a long term GM solution here?

Isn't Mills a Dolan guy so why the pursuance of this position

Doesn't Mills feel confident a championship is on the horizon here in 5yrs or less

gunsnewing
USA
7/19/2014  8:44 PM
POPA is a bigger gig and maybe he feels he is better suited doing that than being a GM. More recognition Thea. Being GM under Phil too
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/19/2014  10:17 PM
reminds me even more of billy hunter
so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/19/2014  10:30 PM
Mills has always been rumored for this position since before he came back into the fold.
gunsnewing
USA
7/19/2014  10:33 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Mills has always been rumored for this position since before he came back into the fold.

Exactly. It is what kept him in the NBA circle

yellowboy90

7/19/2014  11:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Mills has always been rumored for this position since before he came back into the fold.

I mean his decision to not give up Hardaway Jr, Shump, and a 1st for Lowry was a great sign. Sometimes it is the moves you don't make that signals that you are good at what you do. He also reportedly hung up the phone on teams who wouldn't take Felton in any trades when he was trying to trade Shump.

CrushAlot
USA
7/19/2014  11:13 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I mean his decision to not give up Hardaway Jr, Shump, and a 1st for Lowry was a great sign. Sometimes it is the moves you don't make that signals that you are good at what you do. He also reportedly hung up the phone on teams who wouldn't take Felton in any trades when he was trying to trade Shump.

He also reportedly is the guy behind the mcdyess trade. Also, Woodson was sabotaged last year by lack of support from the front office. Whether that was Dolan orchestrating while Mills was a figure head or Mills pulling the strings it isn't a good look for him as an executive.
yellowboy90

7/19/2014  11:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

He also reportedly is the guy behind the mcdyess trade. Also, Woodson was sabotaged last year by lack of support from the front office. Whether that was Dolan orchestrating while Mills was a figure head or Mills pulling the strings it isn't a good look for him as an executive.

Woodson was done in when Grunny made the trade for Bargs. It is what it is though. "If it’s in the cards, man, are we fortunate. If it’s not in the cards, man, are we fortunate."

CrushAlot
USA
7/19/2014  11:48 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Woodson was done in when Grunny made the trade for Bargs. It is what it is though. "If it’s in the cards, man, are we fortunate. If it’s not in the cards, man, are we fortunate."

I agree but being forced to keep Chris, not being able to play Kmart or stat, being told who the starting shooting guard was, not making a trade to address the weaknesses or dysfunction of the team ....that all happened on his watch and sabotaged Woodson.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/21/2014  3:54 PM
There are conflicting reports regarding Steve Mills’ interest in becoming the new executive director of the players’ union. It has been reported that Mills, who was rehired by the Knicks last September, is a top candidate for the job. However, a league source told the Daily News that Mills recently removed his name from consideration. Mills is currently the GM under Jackson, who recently said the two are working well together. New York Daily News

I knew something didn't add up, not in case he removed his name within the last 24-48hrs

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/22/2014  11:24 AM
He was b-lining that job until Dolan snatched him last october which is one reason for the Clumsy hire at the time.
Perhaps he was still in the running to see how him and "the master" would occupy the management team. While "demoted" from president his accument on the business side was never an issue.
at the time of the hire I was not too bothered by his presence as we have many basketball people on staff that are capable. Naturally Dolan sought to bring in a "cult of personality" as was lucky to bring on board the mack daddy of them all in Phil (aka: THE MASTER)!
Steve Mills finalist to head the players association

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy