Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

7/23/2014  3:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2014  10:00 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:A guy I have liked is Al-farouq Amino. He can't shoot that well/at all but he can finish,rebound, & play defense. Plus he is cheap. He is basically a young Trevor Ariza. In the triangle you need someone to do the things Amino does and because of all the cutting that's involved a player like him can be useful.

He wont be cheap enough , he made what 4 million last year

His skillset limits his market so I think he can be had at a cheaper price this year.

He's Jared Jeffries with better hands. I'd like to see usbgrab another power forward.. JR is perfectly capable of spotting minutes at small forward if necessary. The ability to shoot is the most important thing for spacing.

I tend to agree -- Amar'e, Bargs, Smith -- these guys are all injury prone. That's what concerns me. I'd like to see one more PF too for depth, preferably someone who rebounds the ball. Where's the bulk of the rebounding coming from, esp. if Fish doesn't see Aldrich as a big-min. player? Bargnani and Amar'e aren't good rebounders...I bet they feel they're OK though - they may plan to keep Melo at the 4, probably thinking they have a huge mismatch in their favor there (I don't care for Melo going up against bigger players every night, bangin' him around etc., but what are ya gonna do? They don't seem to care. Interested to see if that changes now after the monster commitment to him...). With Melo at the 4 and with Jason Smith on board, I bet they feel they have enough there.

Devin Ebanks might really be the best fit for one more player -- he's got good size and length (6'9" 220 with almost a 9' standing reach), he's a 3 man that can also play 4. He can score and he can also help out on the glass. And he'd come cheap. Some good upside here too, upside we wouldn't be getting with Dantay Jones.

AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/23/2014  6:24 PM
Omri Casspi was just waived. Possible backup SF? Camp invite, see how he does in the triangle?
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/23/2014  6:27 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Omri Casspi was just waived. Possible backup SF? Camp invite, see how he does in the triangle?
Didn't he say that he wanted to come to NY?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/23/2014  10:33 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:A guy I have liked is Al-farouq Amino. He can't shoot that well/at all but he can finish,rebound, & play defense. Plus he is cheap. He is basically a young Trevor Ariza. In the triangle you need someone to do the things Amino does and because of all the cutting that's involved a player like him can be useful.

He wont be cheap enough , he made what 4 million last year

His skillset limits his market so I think he can be had at a cheaper price this year.

http://www.csnnw.com/nba/sources-al-farouq-aminu-dallas-reach-agreement

Free agent forward Al Farouq-Aminu has reached an agreement with the Dallas Mavericks, league sources informed CSNNW.com.

The agreement is for two years, $2.1 million with the second year being a player option, we're told.

dacash
Member: #1179

7/24/2014  1:12 AM
francisco garcia or shawn marion are still available i think
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/24/2014  4:01 PM
dacash wrote:francisco garcia or shawn marion are still available I think

I have a feeling Marion is about to go on a sharp decline this season

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/24/2014  4:19 PM
dacash wrote:francisco garcia or shawn marion are still available i think

Watched a lot of the Rockets last year. Garcia has declined.

dacash
Member: #1179

7/24/2014  7:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
dacash wrote:francisco garcia or shawn marion are still available I think

I have a feeling Marion is about to go on a sharp decline this season

hmmmm thought he would be a cheap option if only for 10 or so minutes a night give melo a breather same for garcia

CrushAlot
USA
7/24/2014  8:19 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

Too bad about Garcia. I remember him as a guy that always played good defense and hit big shots.
NYKBocker
USA
7/24/2014  11:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Too bad about Garcia. I remember him as a guy that always played good defense and hit big shots.

His 1st year with the Rockets looked like his last hoorah. He played well and even annoyed Durant. Last year was bad. His legs were gone and he could not hit his shots. Like the guy but it seems bball players decline quickly. Its as if they fall into a trap door.

He is good with the ladies though....

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/25/2014  9:10 AM
wouldn't be surprised if we give a camp invite to Chris Douglass Roberts if he isn't resigned by Cha
CrushAlot
USA
7/25/2014  10:48 AM
Rookie wrote:wouldn't be surprised if we give a camp invite to Chris Douglass Roberts if he isn't resigned by Cha
I think that would be a smart move. Another guy that might be worth a look is Shawne Williams. He played very well last year when he got minutes.
NYKBocker
USA
7/25/2014  11:17 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Rookie wrote:wouldn't be surprised if we give a camp invite to Chris Douglass Roberts if he isn't resigned by Cha
I think that would be a smart move. Another guy that might be worth a look is Shawne Williams. He played very well last year when he got minutes.

I like CDR a lot. I think he is worth the look. The only problem is that we need to 2-3 for 1 trade to clear up the roster. Too many swingmen right now.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/25/2014  11:38 AM
Shawn marion has a lot of value even at his age. HE's a great guy off the ball- does a lot of things on the court other than score.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

7/25/2014  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2014  9:10 PM
What's up with Mike Scott? He sign anywhere yet? Big fan of his emerging offensive game...I'd take this guy in a heartbeat. No-brainer if we could get him at a good price. If he hasn't signed anywhere yet, he's probably holding out for a halfway decent contract -- and rightly so man, he's really made some nice strides as a player since college. If I'm Scott, I might be irked a little at ATL's reluctance to bring him back up to this point. Kinda like, 'OK, I did some nice things for you and you don't want me? No problem, I'm gone." If he feels that way, that could eliminate ATL as a league minimum return destination and allow more teams to enter the equation, maybe the Knicks...I actually see him as more of a 4 anyway which would be great -- if anything, I feel we could use a little more depth there, maybe more than out on the wing. Think about the following: Amar'e/Bargs/Jason Smith have all been injury prone in recent years, not to mention having Melo play more traditional SF this year might be the way to go -- I dunno man, Melo playing against bigger guys every night with all the pounding that comes with that, playing inside trying to help out on the glass which he did because we needed him to (and may not as much anymore), etc. -- maybe playing some more 3 this year might be able to keep him fresh and cut down on the chance of injury over the long haul (think about those shoulders, the contract he just signed and the reality of the Knicks becoming a top team in the NBA with Melo may come after next season when the big cap space finally opens up). Another 4 could help clear up these concerns.

I like CDR also -- another good option if there really turns out to be a need for more SF depth. Dude is one hell of a crafty scorer. Gotta put the ball in the hole, that's the name of the game and this dude can do that. I feel for players like this -- guys that definitely have enough talent for the NBA (more than a lot of the dreck some teams are carrying at the end of their benches in fact), but for one reason or another, don't get their chance to showcase and stick. Sometimes I feel there's more than enough good talent out there where the league could easily expand to another city or two (Seattle wouldn't welcome the chance to have another NBA team?). Wouldn't even have to have an expansion draft that would water the league down necessarily--there's plenty of talented players already out there looking for work. One or two NBA rosters could easily be assembled out of that pool of players.

Just curious though, I watched most of our SL action but didn't see every play -- what was it about Early's game in Vegas that's changed everyone's perception of him? He looked OK to me -- talented yet a guy who was understandably feeling his way...I know everyone loved the pick -- everyone was saying he was 1st round material. Did he really regress that badly to the point where he's no longer a legit rotation option? There are a lot of names out there that could fill in admirably at backup 3, we all have the guys we like -- but maybe we show some conviction in the Early pick and throw him out there and let him learn/develop on the fly. Thanasis too maybe (although if we really could stash Greek Freak 2 in Europe for a year, maybe that's the way to go with him in terms of alleviating roster congestion). Early though, I dunno man -- we drafted this guy to be a backup SF, no? A rotation player. Or to be a primary cog if Melo bolted on us...4-year player here who's had success -- maybe we just pencil him in and let him develop on the fly with that 2nd unit, and instead concentrate on other positions that could use some shoring up (PF, an upgrade over Prigioni at backup PG perhaps, etc..).

Need SF back up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy