[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Need SF back up
Author Thread
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/18/2014  1:23 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Or are we playing melo at PF TO FInisH OFF WHATEVER IS LEFT OF HIS SHOULDERS

You do like to be provocative... don't you.

More like a total negative pain in the azz, debbie downer. Every post is so negative

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/18/2014  1:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2014  1:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Or not sold on $124m Melo?

Are you implying Melo should back up Melo? lol.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/18/2014  1:30 PM
NYKBocker wrote:How many minutes would a backup SF have behind Melo? I would just give those minutes to Early and develop him. 10-12 min a game would be perfect for Early.

Given someone 10 to 12 minutes a game, is flat out cruel. You can not get into any kind of flow, 18 to 22 is more like it.

With the way injuries have plagued this franchise, depth should be the #1 mission.

ES
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/18/2014  1:32 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Or are we playing melo at PF TO FInisH OFF WHATEVER IS LEFT OF HIS SHOULDERS

More like a total negative pain in the azz, debbie downer. Every post is so negative

Well, I got "taken to task" a by a few folks for bringing up Anthony.

Still fresh off the contract, and we got info about it in dribs and drabs, which made things worse. Wish they had just dumped everything on us as soon as it was signed, instead we got info in about 3 stages.

Disappointment does not die immediately.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/18/2014  1:33 PM
A guy I have liked is Al-farouq Amino. He can't shoot that well/at all but he can finish,rebound, & play defense. Plus he is cheap. He is basically a young Trevor Ariza. In the triangle you need someone to do the things Amino does and because of all the cutting that's involved a player like him can be useful.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/18/2014  1:42 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Or not sold on $124m Melo?

colorfl1 wrote:A healthy Kmart would help bring toughness, experience and hustle.
He was great last year when on the floor, very active defensively

what part of "Need SF back up" do you two not understand?!

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/18/2014  2:13 PM
I could be convinced to sign Casspi for min- otherwise I'd rather give the role to Early. I think you're likely to have JR, Hardaway and SHump swing there anyway.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/18/2014  2:13 PM
I could be convinced to sign Casspi for min- otherwise I'd rather give the role to Early. I think you're likely to have JR, Hardaway and SHump swing there anyway.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/18/2014  2:38 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Not sold on early?

After watching him in the summer league games it's pretty easy to see that he's not quite ready to be the backup to Melo yet.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/18/2014  2:48 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Like Mike Scott--like his size--will rebound shoots a good % and plays pretty decent D 6-8 240

Not a SF though Briggs -- he's a pick/pop undersized PF that shoots the 3 very well.

I think Phil is looking for a athletic/wing defender who is a solid all-around player (think that is why they may have reached on Thanasis in 2nd round).

A guy like Damare Carrol SF / Hawks is what I think he's looking for -- though Carrol likely not available.

Another guy I've liked in the past but that had a rocky year on/off court last year is Dante Cunningham.

He's a tweener but he's long lean and seems to have a solid mid-range game and defends -=- always liked him particularly as a back-up depth forward. I think he'd be a better option than Early/Greek/Scott -- etc.

I say we bring in Wesley Johnson from the Cuse but he's probably gonna get more than we can offer.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/18/2014  3:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2014  3:31 PM
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Guns is great but he's got the emotions of a 13 year old girl. Melo is like his One Direction. Now he's down on him... probably just read some rumor in teenbeat that set him off. But the minute Melo starts lighting it up in the triangle AND the Knicks are winning games all those love songs will be for him again, and it will be all roses.

Guns is not the guy looking to get under folks skin. Think of these types of posts as therapy. He's gotta work out the angst so he can go back to a normal life and healthy relationship

Go Knicks

That's pretty funny Fish. The longer we have to wait for a ring the worst I will become. 42yrs. Consider yourself warned. Fish knows

gunsnewing
USA
7/18/2014  3:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2014  4:06 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

That's because everything with this organization has been negative. I just don't sugar coat and put on my orange & blue tinted glasses. The only reason I'm still a Knicks fan is because of Phil Jackson. I'd be rooting for Charlotte right now. I will root for Charlotte once Melo has Phil & Fish fired because he doesn't buy in.

Go back to my posts pre 2006. I was the complete opposite. I'm like a beaten and battered wife. It's going to take A LOT to get me to trust again. Happy Holidays

gunsnewing
USA
7/18/2014  3:35 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

That's because everything with this organization has been negative. I just don't sugar coat and put on my orange & blue tinted glasses. The only reason I'm still a Knicks can is because of Phil Jackson. I'd be rooting for Charlotte right now. I will root for Charlotte once Melo has Phil & Fish fired.

Go back to my posts pre 2006. I was the complete opposite. I'm like a beaten and battered wife. It's going to take A LOT to get me to trust again. Happy Holidays

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/18/2014  3:36 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Did we trade Shump already? I heard he was pretty good at D.

Hasn't the KMart train permanently been parked in the "join the Knicks and then retire" queue?

At summer league - Phil said Shump is a SG -- a SG -- clearly indicating he doesn't want him at SF in an ideal world.

Alleluia!

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
7/18/2014  3:38 PM
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Guns is great but he's got the emotions of a 13 year old girl. Melo is like his One Direction. Now he's down on him... probably just read some rumor in teenbeat that set him off. But the minute Melo starts lighting it up in the triangle AND the Knicks are winning games all those love songs will be for him again, and it will be all roses.

Guns is not the guy looking to get under folks skin. Think of these types of posts as therapy. He's gotta work out the angst so he can go back to a normal life and healthy relationship

Go Knicks

LMAO

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
7/19/2014  10:22 AM
The name of Metta World Peace, aka Ron Artest, has resurfaced in the media. He is supposedly interested in cleaning his name after his first NY stint ended badly and wants to work for Phil and Fisher. NY is considering a training camp invite, which Im fine. If hebproves he still has game and we cleared some of the glut at guard, could be a nice signing. I want Early to play as much as he can, but we do need another backup SF.
Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/19/2014  10:36 AM
Knicksfan wrote:The name of Metta World Peace, aka Ron Artest, has resurfaced in the media. He is supposedly interested in cleaning his name after his first NY stint ended badly and wants to work for Phil and Fisher. NY is considering a training camp invite, which Im fine. If hebproves he still has game and we cleared some of the glut at guard, could be a nice signing. I want Early to play as much as he can, but we do need another backup SF.

I read that too, but I thought if you buy out a player, they can't re-sign with you for 12 months.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/19/2014  2:26 PM
I figured JR and Shump can easily swing over to play meaningful minutes at SF.

I think the SF backup need really points to the desire for a combo forward on this roster - maybe it's lamenting on the flashes of brilliance Chris Copeland showed in this role a couple of years ago. Someone a little bigger than our swingman guards in this role.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Swishfm3
Member: #392
7/19/2014  2:56 PM

Have you ever played Basketball before?

gunsnewing
USA
7/19/2014  3:43 PM
Yea I have bum shoulders
Need SF back up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy