about 300 people dead.
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

7/17/2014  1:14 PM
djsunyc wrote:about 300 people dead.

Wow.

Seems like it was shot down, no doubt about it.

Ukraine saying its armed forces did not do it.

Shot down by a "Buk" missle, supposedly.

Now to find out who did it.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

7/17/2014  6:06 PM
Putin
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/17/2014  8:32 PM
All those Republicans who were talking up Putin for being a better leader than Obama, with have to man up and admit they were wrong... AGAIN!!! Do they ever tire of being wrong? I doubt it. Putin doesn't know what he's doing and it's becoming clear that things are out of control and on top of that he's getting more an more sanctions from Obama. Now with this horrible tragedy, the Europeans will have to join Obama in taking a tough stance against Russia.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/17/2014  8:50 PM
nixluva wrote:All those Republicans who were talking up Putin for being a better leader than Obama, with have to man up and admit they were wrong... AGAIN!!! Do they ever tire of being wrong? I doubt it. Putin doesn't know what he's doing and it's becoming clear that things are out of control and on top of that he's getting more an more sanctions from Obama. Now with this horrible tragedy, the Europeans will have to join Obama in taking a tough stance against Russia.

Ah yeah, gotta love a decisive strong leader like Putin who slips polonium into the soup of a pilitical rival. Nice guy to worship!

WaltLongmire

7/17/2014  9:51 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:All those Republicans who were talking up Putin for being a better leader than Obama, with have to man up and admit they were wrong... AGAIN!!! Do they ever tire of being wrong? I doubt it. Putin doesn't know what he's doing and it's becoming clear that things are out of control and on top of that he's getting more an more sanctions from Obama. Now with this horrible tragedy, the Europeans will have to join Obama in taking a tough stance against Russia.

Ah yeah, gotta love a decisive strong leader like Putin who slips polonium into the soup of a pilitical rival. Nice guy to worship!

I thought that our previous President could "see" his soul or heart, or something. I guess Bush was mistaken, as he was on many things.

Don't think that Putin doesn't know what he is doing though.

He's playing in his backyard, and is popular in certain areas in the Ukraine. Seems to be a proponent of the "big lie," and it has helped him a lot over the past few months- at least in the places he has support.

NATO has to watch out, IMO. Push too hard and maybe you have armed conflict or, more likely, Putin is able to create an us vs them situation to take even more control in the region.

Guy is slime, but he is devious.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
VCoug
Member: #1406

7/17/2014  10:14 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

I thought that our previous President could "see" his soul or heart, or something. I guess Bush was mistaken, as he was on many things.

He's playing in his backyard, and is popular in certain areas in the Ukraine. Seems to be a proponent of the "big lie," and it has helped him a lot over the past few months- at least in the places he has support.

NATO has to watch out, IMO. Push too hard and maybe you have armed conflict or, more likely, Putin is able to create an us vs them situation to take even more control in the region.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2014  12:05 AM
Wait, Putin is worse than Melo?

Putin's shoulders?

Putin took a pay cut when he came back. Its what "real" leaders do!!!

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/18/2014  12:07 AM
Nalod wrote:Wait, Putin is worse than Melo?

Putin's shoulders?

this is no joking matter.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2014  12:27 AM
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:Wait, Putin is worse than Melo?

Putin's shoulders?

this is no joking matter.

Of course its bad.

What, its not like I did a "Malyasian Frequent flier mile" joke!

THere are other sites for news and lash out about Putin.

I know, lets start a "Boycott Nets" movement and show our real ignorance! After all, Prohkorov is Russian right? so he must be in on it? Lets get the moral compass pointed in the right direction and get to feeling good and angry!!!!

WaltLongmire

7/18/2014  12:37 AM
VCoug wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Nice find, with some other interesting stuff.

WaltLongmire

7/18/2014  12:42 AM
H1AND1 wrote:

A blistering opinion on how Putin set the conditions of this situation to happen:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/game-changer--5

Also the crazy story about how one of the Pro-Russian rebel leaders put up a post on the Russian version of Facebook about shooting down the jet and then taking it down when he discovered it was a passenger liner.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ukraine-plane-crash-rebel-leader-social-media-post

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/18/2014  12:23 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Great, so this is Bush's fault, 6 years later? SMH.

A tough stance from Obama? How's that tough stance working out in Iraq right now? Oh wait, that's Bush's fault too, right? He created that whole mess 14 years ago!

You guys are the only thing funny in this thread.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/18/2014  12:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2014  12:56 PM
jrodmc wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

A tough stance from Obama? How's that tough stance working out in Iraq right now? Oh wait, that's Bush's fault too, right? He created that whole mess 14 years ago!

Say what? My only comment in this thread was simply stating my incredulity that there are big Putin fans in the USofA. The last thing I want to do is get into a political discussion of what is Bush's fault vs Obama's fault, sheesh. I think you read too much into my post.

WaltLongmire

7/18/2014  1:01 PM
jrodmc wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Its not Bush's fault. Not saying that.

Just remembered his comments about Putin at the time he was Prez. Not the kind of comment one leader says of another, unless they plan on getting married.

And regarding Iraq- Bush/Cheney are to be blamed for that, and also for Afghanistan. Never finished the job in Afghanistan, and then started an unjustified war with Iraq. Disbanded the Iraqi army whose members, if you read up on it, played a big role in the recent problems in Iraq.

I have issues with Obama, but Iraq and Afghanistan are always on Bush, and in the case of Iraq, you should have had some serious Congressional hearings and possible impeachment proceedings.

Of course everything goes back to early 20th century imperialism. Many of the nations in the ME were created by Europeans, who had no concept of how the boundaries they created would work with the populations who lived there. We still see this in Africa and the Middle East.

"Countries" without democratic traditions and institutions who have deep seated ethnic and religious differences were only being held together by brutal dictators. Eliminating Hussein in the way we did it, opened up all the problems he was keeping under wraps with his brutal ways.

Best thing would be to split up the country into 3 states. Unification and true democratization the nation we know as Iraq, probably won't happen for decades, if at all. Hope I'm wrong on this, but religion is a powerful force.

You can see what the fundamentalists are doing in this nation- they are only restrained by a Constitution that is being weakened more and more by an activist conservative SC justices.

Got to go... blood pressure getting high.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/18/2014  2:01 PM
There are no rebels in Ukraine.
Most of them are employed by various Russian secret services and army with some local activists/informants and gangs added.
This is a proxy war by Russia against NATO expansion to its borders.
The fact that civilian plains were still flying over this zone shows that world is out of touch with reality.
Russia is back to what is always was and never stop being - the Empire state.
This is the reality that we need to get used to and do our business accordingly.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/18/2014  2:06 PM
And about the "Buk" land-air missile system...
It has no module to recognize plain profiles and operator should rely on state infrastructure to identify the target.
Rebels do not have access to this infrastructure so after shooting down 2 Ukrainian military plains they made a mistake this time.
Probably the operator was drunk also.
Terrible but logical turn of events.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/18/2014  2:12 PM
No President is perfect, but let's just acknowledge that this country and the world were on the brink of disaster after Bush and like him or not, but Obama staved off the worst and things would be going great now if not for the Republican obstruction of his policies. If those same Republicans could get off Putin's jock long enough they might realize how wrong they were to basically say things suggesting they wanted Obama to act like Putin. Putin is making decisions that are negatively impacting his country. He bit off more than he can chew with this Ukraine situation and now it's biting him in the ass.

Exactly what has Putin done that's so great? He could have taken a different approach and tried to at the least maintain some economic ties with Ukraine rather than take this zero sum all or nothing tactic. Likewise, what have the Republicans done to help this country since Obama came into office? They've cost us Billions of dollars with their dumb tactics and Millions of jobs. Even now in the Red states Rural hospitals are closing left and right and people are dying just to try and block Obama's Medicaid expansion. It's the height of crass politics. Now just like Putin they're putting themselves in a bad situation. This dumb lawsuit against Obama is another example of it. Later they plan on trying to impeach Obama. This is just ridiculous.

jrodmc
USA
7/18/2014  2:31 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:

Its not Bush's fault. Not saying that.

Just remembered his comments about Putin at the time he was Prez. Not the kind of comment one leader says of another, unless they plan on getting married.

And regarding Iraq- Bush/Cheney are to be blamed for that, and also for Afghanistan. Never finished the job in Afghanistan, and then started an unjustified war with Iraq. Disbanded the Iraqi army whose members, if you read up on it, played a big role in the recent problems in Iraq.

I have issues with Obama, but Iraq and Afghanistan are always on Bush, and in the case of Iraq, you should have had some serious Congressional hearings and possible impeachment proceedings.

Of course everything goes back to early 20th century imperialism. Many of the nations in the ME were created by Europeans, who had no concept of how the boundaries they created would work with the populations who lived there. We still see this in Africa and the Middle East.

"Countries" without democratic traditions and institutions who have deep seated ethnic and religious differences were only being held together by brutal dictators. Eliminating Hussein in the way we did it, opened up all the problems he was keeping under wraps with his brutal ways.

Best thing would be to split up the country into 3 states. Unification and true democratization the nation we know as Iraq, probably won't happen for decades, if at all. Hope I'm wrong on this, but religion is a powerful force.

You can see what the fundamentalists are doing in this nation- they are only restrained by a Constitution that is being weakened more and more by an activist conservative SC justices.

Got to go... blood pressure getting high.

So it's not Bush's fault. Except when it is. Obama is only dealing with all the fallout from the previous admin and is doing nothing wrong worth mentioning. I'm sure sanctions would have helped the Kurds during the Hussein regime.

When it's not Bush's fault, it's imperialism/capitalism's fault. Let me ask you something, if the Euro's left the political divisions up to the populations who lived there, how would that have worked out? What Marxist nirvanic dream are you touting? Who had/has/will have the concept of how boundaries work in the ME?

And when all else fails, it's religion's fault. Check.

And when the Constitution is being overextended by activist liberal SC justices to provide the megalithic government we now find ourselves with, that's okay with you? Every company and organization in the country should be forced to provide contraceptives to whomever on demand because...that's the Pragmatic American Way? Every little backwater town hall meeting should be told what and what not to say in case some atheist gets his panties in a snit over the name "Jesus"?

Only good, secular, non-religious atheists could come up with the concept describing the fact that a closely held private company should be told by the state what it has to offer it's employees in something as granular as birth control as keeping "religion" out of the "state". Isn't that really the other way around?

But then you're probably okay with the great government telling everyone what to do in every single circumstance, right?

Ignore all of actual US history, or better yet re-read "The Godless Constitution" again. We are a secular nation; always have been, always will be. Amen, brother.

jrodmc
USA
7/18/2014  2:38 PM
nixluva wrote:No President is perfect, but let's just acknowledge that this country and the world were on the brink of disaster after Bush and like him or not, but Obama staved off the worst and things would be going great now if not for the Republican obstruction of his policies. If those same Republicans could get off Putin's jock long enough they might realize how wrong they were to basically say things suggesting they wanted Obama to act like Putin. Putin is making decisions that are negatively impacting his country. He bit off more than he can chew with this Ukraine situation and now it's biting him in the ass.

Exactly what has Putin done that's so great? He could have taken a different approach and tried to at the least maintain some economic ties with Ukraine rather than take this zero sum all or nothing tactic. Likewise, what have the Republicans done to help this country since Obama came into office? They've cost us Billions of dollars with their dumb tactics and Millions of jobs. Even now in the Red states Rural hospitals are closing left and right and people are dying just to try and block Obama's Medicaid expansion. It's the height of crass politics. Now just like Putin they're putting themselves in a bad situation. This dumb lawsuit against Obama is another example of it. Later they plan on trying to impeach Obama. This is just ridiculous.

Yes, of course, poor Obama. Those evil Republicans blew up the web site. Those evil Republicans created this health care mess we find ourselves in, where you have to change plans every 3 months. Those evil Republicans made poor Obama lie about the whole way his ObamaCare was actually going to work and be implemented.

When the evil dumb Republicans are in power, it's stupid crass politics. When the enlightened intelligent Dems are in power, it's the stupid evil crass Republicans responsible for Obama's approval rating. And anything else that goes awry.

The KoolAid line forms on the left, is that correct?

Malaysian flight crashes/shotdown in Russia/Ukraine

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy