[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Newsday: Webber & Knicks a perfect fit
Author Thread
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
5/24/2004  7:03 PM
Houston needs a buddy during those IL stints. Webber fits the bill!
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/24/2004  7:14 PM
i agree with you, but at this point i dont even care anymore. the knicks=rangers they have signed or traded for many speculative expensive aging past superstars, it was running the rangers out of business IMHO, but it seems as if its the only business plan the dolans understand.

i dont mind parting ways with the draft picks vujonic and what else we may or may not have ben able to get, but giving up on Lampe was just awful. They should not have budged, it was a pure $$$$ deal for pheonix anyway--they turned around and sold the draft picks for just a few mm. It was a money deal to help facilitate selling the franchise. Isiah shoulve said NO to swapping cesary for lampe because they wouldve done that deal anyway.
After giving away lampe, i dont care what they do, go ahead get webber what the worst that could happen? they fail?
RIP Crushalot😞
simrud
Member: #474
USA
5/24/2004  7:43 PM
It all depends. If you trade KT and expiring deals for Webber, then ifhe fails, who cares? If you trade KT and lets say Anderson, excellent, thats like buying Anderson if Webber fails. I don't understand why you care about Dolan's money. He wants to spend it, good for us. Nobody is even talkin about giving up Marbury. Where did that come from? Read the article at least before you post please. As for giving Sweetney, thats rough. I'd only do it if they took Houston for Christie and gave us a future 1st round pick, and threw in Bobby Jackson. In other words make the deal better for us if they get a lottery pick, which is what Sweetney is. Giving up Tiny Tim is fine by me. They guy never plays, is softer then paper, and talks too much. So really, the only player that can be given up, and should not be given up is Sweetney, and even then it could be worked out to a better deal that includes Sweetney. Marbury is not even being offered. Everybody else on this team is irrelevant. Webber at his worst, which is like 18pts 8rbs 4asts 1block is still better then any frontcourt player the Knicks had in the last few years.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/24/2004  7:50 PM
Though Webber is the the most OVERRATED player in the history of the NBA and probably the biggest choker ever (the time out, the routine turnovers in the final 2 minutes, the missed layup in game 7, etc, etc, the list literally goes on and on), I wouldn't mind getting him for KT and a bunch of expiring contracts. It's a definite upgrade until he falls down and retires due to knee injuries.

If they ask for Tim Thomas, Frank Williams, or Mike Sweetney I'd hang up the phone.
#Knickstaps
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/24/2004  7:57 PM
BRIGGS, which Jackson were you referring to? just curious.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
5/24/2004  7:57 PM
thats the only deal that makes sense. again im not endorsing it, but i wouldnt poo poo it if it happened.

KT Deke and Othella[and lets not discount the skills of deke and othella along with their ending contracts] is a very good package for sacremento. we rid ourselves of KT for Webber[ as long as webber legitimately passes some serious strength testing and MRI tests on his knee] sacremento was winning all those games WITHOUT webber and this deal not only gives them more depth, but it takes roughly 44 mm off their books over the next 4 years.

as long a we get some very reasonable assurance through a series of tough testing of his knee, then i would do it. if mri scans show something that is just to much risk or his strength tests fail--go on to the next guy who i think will be finley but wish it was jamison:>(
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/24/2004  7:59 PM
Posted by TMS:

i think STEVE Jackson would be a real good fit here with H2O moving back to 6th man and many less minutes to conserve him. obviously they will try to get a big man somehow, but jackson is worthy of our MLE
RIP Crushalot😞
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/24/2004  8:20 PM
KT, Deke, Othella, Cezary, and Moochie for Webber and Gerald Wallace is the only package that I think is feasible. KT, at this point, is almost as effective as Webber. The Kings don't even need him with the way they played without him. They also get expiring contracts and insurance in case Bibby or Jackson get hurt, which they have the last 2 years.

PG: Marbury, Williams
SG: Houston, Anderson, Wallace
SF: TThomas, Hardaway
PF: Webber, Sweetney
C: Mohammed, Baker?

They'd still have MLE and 2nd rounder.

I really can't see NY giving up more and can't see SAC selling him to any other teams except maybe Dallas. Don't know who has the money to overpay that much for him.

The Marbury/Webber pick and roll would be nice, I still hate Webber.
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/25/2004  7:26 AM
$56,058,295

That's their payroll provided they don't draft any rooks, they don't resign divac, they don't get a FA with the MLE.

Now, these guys don't have our financial support.

If we can get Webber for crap, cause ohtella, kurt, deke are useless crap, why shouldn't we do it ? Webber would still be a lot better than that. We got stephon cause the suns wanted to slash payroll. The kings will have to too, if they want to go further. They proved they could play well without him, he's no longer desired.

don't mortgage our future for webber, but this is not my monyer, and I fuc...g don't care if dolan has to swallow this pill. If he gets webber for this crap, we'd be a very dnagerous team.

what other team could afford to take this risk ?

raven
Canada
5/25/2004  8:07 AM
found this on realgm :

Chris Webber $17,531,250 to New York
for
Kurt Thomas $5,884,500 + Nazr Mohammed $5,250,000 + Dikembe Mutombo $4,087,000 + Cezary Trybanski $1,760,000 Total $16,981,500

I'm pretty sure they would jump on this. Any though ?
TRU
Member: #196
USA
5/25/2004  8:14 AM
Yeah, man. This smells like and Isaiah type move. He has a nose for finding leverage where there seemingly is none. Operates well from a disadvantageous position.

But the East isn't a cake walk like it used to be. Winning the ECC will require getting through Jersey (still going to be formidible next year) Detroit, and Indiana. Real teams, no matter what the Conference. I don't think Webber definitely gets us out of the first round. If not, why do it?
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/25/2004  9:35 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

i think STEVE Jackson would be a real good fit here with H2O moving back to 6th man and many less minutes to conserve him. obviously they will try to get a big man somehow, but jackson is worthy of our MLE

ah, ok...thanks for clearing that up...i'd rather get a bigman w/the MLE than Jackson...we already have Houston, TT, Penny, Shandon & DerMarr playing in the 2/3 spots...you need to unload Penny or Shandon at least if you want to fit Jackson in there imo...

or if a good bigman is not attainable, & if it's at all possible, i would try & sign Jamal Crawford for a max MLE deal...i know Chicago might match that offer, but it's an option i would test before i thought about getting a guy like Jackson...
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/25/2004  12:49 PM
no way! They will only do it if Tim Thomas is part of the deal. If Isiah can pull that deal off without TT then he is the Messiah, but imo there's no chance.
gunsnewing
USA
5/25/2004  12:52 PM
why do some of you guys want Crawford over Dampier?! The Thought of Nazr and his softness at starting center scares the **** out of me! We'll never play defense with a center as soft as Nazr.
gunsnewing
USA
5/25/2004  8:20 PM
If not Dampier I'll take Camby at center
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/25/2004  10:40 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

why do some of you guys want Crawford over Dampier?! The Thought of Nazr and his softness at starting center scares the **** out of me! We'll never play defense with a center as soft as Nazr.

I want Dampier for the MLE and Crawford in a sign and trade (where we include our expiring contracts and take back a bad contract)
raven
Canada
5/26/2004  4:17 AM
stay away from damp. this is a contract yr, and we all know what really happens once they got their big bucks. Damp has always been labelled as lazy, do not forget that.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/26/2004  8:56 AM
only because he played for GS. If he comes to N.Y, he will be a different player.

Posted by raven:

stay away from damp. this is a contract yr, and we all know what really happens once they got their big bucks. Damp has always been labelled as lazy, do not forget that.
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/26/2004  9:13 AM
Why does anyone think that coming to NY make them better? Are we that arrogant?

We cannot funtion to trade all of our expiring crap or assets and add even more Salary year in and year out. We lose leverage for smaller deals and eventually will suck bad.

C-webb for Houstan makes sense as it adds length of contract and perhaps gives the Kings a player they can use. I don't know how many roster spots they have open, but taking a 4-1 or 3-1 trade is hard on most teams.

Overpriced fragile player in C-Webb is perfected for the knicks.

Knick fans want him because we are "StarPhuchers"! We crave the possibility greater than the result. Ranger fans, and Yankee fans are Starphuckers also. Salary constraints make starphuching hard in football. Eli Manning to Giants was a Starphuch. The Mets try it but are learning it does not work. Mo Vaugh and Alomar were Starphuch's. Stienbrenner did best with core group talent of Jeter, Williams, Riviara, pettit, and posoda. He gets in trouble when he StarPhucks himself too much. The NY Liberty can starphuch, and if they did we like to watch!

The truth is, all great teams win with superstars, but not all superstar teams win.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/26/2004  9:18 AM
a swop of Houston and Kurt for CWebb and Christy is a hell of a bargain for the Knicks. Go for it Isia.
The true Knickabocker..........
Newsday: Webber & Knicks a perfect fit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy