[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/2/2014  9:14 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 3h
If Bulls worried about THEIR Melo chances tells you what Rockets/Mavs/Lakers up against. Maybe Knicks' well-chronicled confidence justified

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
7/2/2014  9:15 PM
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN · 4h
Carmelo may attend the World Cup Final which is next Sunday. His deal - likely to remain with Knicks - should be done by then.

CrushAlot
USA
7/2/2014  9:17 PM
Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley · 4h
MT @ESPNSteinLine Sources say Bulls' rising interest in Pau IS indeed reflection of concern they can't convince Melo to leave #Knicks

CrushAlot
USA
7/2/2014  9:34 PM
The Rockets' meeting was led by general manager Daryl Morey and coach Kevin McHale.

Anthony gave off the impression that it would be hard for him to leave New York, but reiterated that winning was his priority, a source said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carmelo-anthony-meets-with-rockets-223218586.html
CrushAlot
USA
7/2/2014  10:09 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA · 3h
Morey: "Bottom line, if Carmelo comes Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin have to be traded. It’s just math. It’s not personal."

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/2/2014  10:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11170322/dwyane-wade-chris-bosh-unsure-lebron-james-plan

When the Miami Heat's "Big 3" went their separate ways after a lunch meeting last Wednesday, they went not knowing whether they had played their last game together, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

While Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were committed to returning to the Heat, LeBron James was unsure of what he would do, the sources said.

The only certainty coming out of the meeting concerning James was that he wanted a maximum-level salary.

James did not ask or suggest that Wade and Bosh opt out of their deals or take lesser salaries to allow the Heat to add other top players, according to the sources.

When Bosh and Wade opted out of their contracts a few days later -- joining James who had done so before their lunch meeting -- it was widely assumed the three were working together and would all return to the Heat.

But sources who have spoken with two of the Big 3 said that was not the case. Bosh and Wade are
None of this means James will not return to the Heat, and another season or two for him in Miami seems to be a safe bet, the sources said. But no one, not even the other members of the Big 3, knows what the four-time MVP is going to do.

James's camp has handled this year's free agency much different than it did in 2010. James has hired a new agent since then in longtime friend Rich Paul, and Paul has played it close to the vest.

Paul spoke with clubs interested in signing James beginning at midnight on Tuesday. His responsibility is to share that information with James and then James will decide the next steps.

One similarity between 2014 and 2010 is that James was likewise noncommittal in a meeting with Bosh and Wade before the trio joined forces in Miami that summer.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2014  11:15 PM
Kyle Lowry returning to Raptors. So much for the big four.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2014  11:15 PM
Lets be honest, we don't know what kind of cut Bulls outlined for Melo. The is "Winning" and there is sacrifice. Fans forget the business side to things.

Winning is over rated.

Melo said he'd take less and stay. Got to give time before we slam him.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/2/2014  11:55 PM
dk7th wrote:
Clean wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kenny Anderson Tweets:

014 NBA Free Agents: Carmelo Anthony wasn't happy with Bulls offer, Kenny Anderson says
Loading Photo Gallery
Charles Curtis/NJ.com By Charles Curtis/NJ.com
Follow on Twitter
on July 02, 2014 at 4:46 PM, updated July 02, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Former Nets point guard Kenny Anderson apparently has some NBA sources with good information -- he spent his Wednesday afternoon tweeting about Carmelo Anthony after the Knicks free agent continued his free agency tour. And if you believe Anderson, there's some good news to report:
My sources say Melo not happy with offer bulls made it may be over Knicks fans can relaxs
— Kenny Anderson (@chibbs_1) July 2, 2014
He signing back with the Knicks !
I can't see Melo in Texas !
Lakers might be dark horse don't sleep !
Bulls have to get their cash up for Melo
It comes down to the bread Melo is a maxs player it's not about nothing else this is his last chance getting that big deal!
© 2014 NJ.com. All rights reserved.

cool so it IS about the money after all.

Was there ever any doubt? This is Melo we are talking about. Has he EVER done anything to show that it was not all about the money?

well he is going to be held to his word by jackson about accepting less from the knicks and that is crucial. but you're right he is quite content to pay lip service to winning, changing, doing whatever it takes, etc etc.

no wooing, no courting, no max.

What if Phil puts the max on the table as as been reported by some NBA journalists? Is Melo not supposed to sign on the dotted? And if he does, is Phil exempt from criticism or is it still Melo's fault?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/2/2014  11:58 PM
Nalod wrote:Lets be honest, we don't know what kind of cut Bulls outlined for Melo. The is "Winning" and there is sacrifice. Fans forget the business side to things.

Winning is over rated.

Melo said he'd take less and stay. Got to give time before we slam him.

Looking at some the contracts being signed by lesser players, Haywood possible max-contract candidate, Stephenson holding out for more, Lowry Max, etc....It's looking more and more like Melo will be offered the max or very, very close to it. These GM's/presidents can't help themselves.

Clean
Member: #743
7/3/2014  12:09 AM
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Clean wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kenny Anderson Tweets:

014 NBA Free Agents: Carmelo Anthony wasn't happy with Bulls offer, Kenny Anderson says
Loading Photo Gallery
Charles Curtis/NJ.com By Charles Curtis/NJ.com
Follow on Twitter
on July 02, 2014 at 4:46 PM, updated July 02, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Former Nets point guard Kenny Anderson apparently has some NBA sources with good information -- he spent his Wednesday afternoon tweeting about Carmelo Anthony after the Knicks free agent continued his free agency tour. And if you believe Anderson, there's some good news to report:
My sources say Melo not happy with offer bulls made it may be over Knicks fans can relaxs
He signing back with the Knicks !
I can't see Melo in Texas !
Lakers might be dark horse don't sleep !
Bulls have to get their cash up for Melo
It comes down to the bread Melo is a maxs player it's not about nothing else this is his last chance getting that big deal!
© 2014 NJ.com. All rights reserved.

cool so it IS about the money after all.

Was there ever any doubt? This is Melo we are talking about. Has he EVER done anything to show that it was not all about the money?

well he is going to be held to his word by jackson about accepting less from the knicks and that is crucial. but you're right he is quite content to pay lip service to winning, changing, doing whatever it takes, etc etc.

no wooing, no courting, no max.

What if Phil puts the max on the table as as been reported by some NBA journalists? Is Melo not supposed to sign on the dotted? And if he does, is Phil exempt from criticism or is it still Melo's fault?

The max was always on the table. Phil never said he would not give Melo the max. Phil said he hope Melo would keep his word that he would take less. Check out the mini press conference video on Knicksnow.com. The writers like usual twisted his words around. Phil specifically speaks about just that during the interview and the writers still got it wrong.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/3/2014  4:32 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Kyle Lowry returning to Raptors. So much for the big four.

So anyone still regret not doing the Lowry trade? Would you rather have Calderon at $7mil, or Lowry at $12mil and sans Shump/Tim Jr and a 2017 first rounder?

Nalod
USA
7/3/2014  7:21 AM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Kyle Lowry returning to Raptors. So much for the big four.

So anyone still regret not doing the Lowry trade? Would you rather have Calderon at $7mil, or Lowry at $12mil and sans Shump/Tim Jr and a 2017 first rounder?

Yes, I'd rather have the latter!

Why? Flexibility!

What we don't know is does Phisha (Phil and Fisher)want him? Did Phil nix the deal to begin with? Lowrey was great in his contract year. POtential is also a factor, maybe Larkin is a really good player? Maybe Cleanthony is a really good player? Calderon is very good too! Naturally he would have had to be resigned or agree to extension. That also eats cap.

Do you add lowrey not knowing Melos situation?

So in that moment of making that decision with the little hinsight we have I'd say we made a great trade that is opening opportunities than paying full price for a good talent, but one that has little upside left. Lowrey might have been the "Safe" choice. I think we have to start taking more risks in obtaining appreciable assets.

Nalod
USA
7/3/2014  7:23 AM
[IMG_block] http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/140702235116-20140702-gt-melo-summer-tour-00002108.home-t3.jpg [/IMG_block]
The tour is almost done!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/3/2014  8:16 AM
Isn't it great how the Knicks have the easiest pitch?

Jax: You like more or less money?
Melo: More, of course!
Jax: Do you like Lala?
Melo: Oh hell yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!!
Jax: Sign the dotted line.

All of the other teams have to convince Melo why it's worth completely pissing off Lala (Who supposedly is hell bent on staying here) for a small possibility to win a championship. We might not realize it but to Melo, it very well could have been NY all the way. He might have just wanted to enjoy being treated like a King this whole time! Can't hate. I'd do the same thing.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/3/2014  8:28 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Isn't it great how the Knicks have the easiest pitch?

All of the other teams have to convince Melo why it's worth completely pissing off Lala (Who supposedly is hell bent on staying here) for a small possibility to win a championship. We might not realize it but to Melo, it very well could have been NY all the way. He might have just wanted to enjoy being treated like a King this whole time! Can't hate. I'd do the same thing.

Except these other teams are going for it right now but i think Phil is trying to build a good team for years. Lets afce ti if Phil really wnated to offer Melo 5 years 130 million he would ahve signed already because Melo wnats teh money above else IMO
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/3/2014  9:07 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Except these other teams are going for it right now but i think Phil is trying to build a good team for years. Lets afce ti if Phil really wnated to offer Melo 5 years 130 million he would ahve signed already because Melo wnats teh money above else IMO
you do both, and there is ZERO reason why you cant do both if you are commited to doing so. When the Pacers couldnt get over the hump did they trade Reggie Miller? No.. they started drafting young athletic guys, they traded a couple old slow guys for young guys. Out with the Davis boys and in with Oneil, Artest, Bender, Harrington... A good GM would keep the talent in place and continue to build and move the team forward. Resigning MElo and having a good team doesnt mean you cant continue to build for the future either.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
7/3/2014  9:08 AM

Im worried about the two teams in LA. LA LA in LA could be what they want. Clippers could be in turmoil for a while but if they could clear the cap the wedding toast destiny with CP3 could be fulfilled in LA where Melo has a home in the off season. Lakers seem like they don't have the roster even with a trio of Kobe-Melo-Pau and no coach.

To melo's credit, he is doing this very early in the process and condensed inside of 3 days to see 4 teams.

At the same time, Lebron's tactic publicly is very private and he has disappeared. While we never expected "The Decision Part Two" this is a very different approach.

I am fine with the way Melo is going about this.

Nalod
USA
7/3/2014  9:13 AM
fishmike wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

you do both, and there is ZERO reason why you cant do both if you are commited to doing so. When the Pacers couldnt get over the hump did they trade Reggie Miller? No.. they started drafting young athletic guys, they traded a couple old slow guys for young guys. Out with the Davis boys and in with Oneil, Artest, Bender, Harrington... A good GM would keep the talent in place and continue to build and move the team forward. Resigning MElo and having a good team doesnt mean you cant continue to build for the future either.

In the Dolan era we have not seen a balanced approach. Good example with the pacers. Pacers had bad luck with Bender who was destined to be a star had his knees not failed him. That could have been a great team!!! Might have needed a coaching change (isiah) to get there!!

Melo might be not much more than a bridge from one era to another. I would hope for more but sometimes things don't work out the way one things. Or, Cleanthony is the better "Anthony" and the team thrives with unexpected yooth developement and a schematic that produces great chemistry beyond whats projected "on paper".

It happens.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/3/2014  9:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2014  9:30 AM
Nalod wrote:

Im worried about the two teams in LA. LA LA in LA could be what they want. Clippers could be in turmoil for a while but if they could clear the cap the wedding toast destiny with CP3 could be fulfilled in LA where Melo has a home in the off season. Lakers seem like they don't have the roster even with a trio of Kobe-Melo-Pau and no coach.

To melo's credit, he is doing this very early in the process and condensed inside of 3 days to see 4 teams.

At the same time, Lebron's tactic publicly is very private and he has disappeared. While we never expected "The Decision Part Two" this is a very different approach.

I am fine with the way Melo is going about this.

I have zero problem with LeBron or Melo's way. Business is business. LeBron has been there done that and Melo hasn't so if he gets coverage, so be it.

In terms of me being worried, I am not really worried at all. Like I said, I will be happy to sign him if we can build a team around his style of play, which I don't think is necessarily the easiest thing to do. I think it will be extremely hard for us to build a contender no matter what happens with Melo.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy