[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
10/6/2014  5:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/6/2014  5:45 PM
NardDogNation wrote:...with Faried locked up in Denver, I wouldn't mind taking a few of their forwards/centers off their hands e.g. Gallo, Wilson Chandler, Darrell Arthur and Timofey Mozgov...even the dreaded Javale McGee. The Nuggets have a glut at their big man spots and I doubt they'll be interested in paying big money to any of those guys, who are quickly approaching free agency, with Faried on the books.

There is also Affalo, Foye, and Hickson

We do have expirings in both, adding up to 35m + Pablo's contract

AB
STAT

to make it work, for a collection of talent, but it depends on how Denver does for the 1st half of the season, if they will be in the play off hunt or not
I also would need them to take Pablo's of our hands, they likely would need use to take on Gallo or/and McGee, as the others are team options

It might not be a bad move since these players expire before 2017, when the cap is expected to rise to 80-90m

AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/6/2014  9:21 PM
Not sure if any of you guys have been able to catch the preseason but the Celtics-Sixers are on NBATV and Evan Turner is ****ing balling! I still don't understand why this guy doesn't get any respect in this league. I think he is exactly the big guard we needed for the triangle; the broke-man's Pippen to Melo's homeless man's MJ.
NardDogNation

10/6/2014  9:30 PM
RonRon wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:...with Faried locked up in Denver, I wouldn't mind taking a few of their forwards/centers off their hands e.g. Gallo, Wilson Chandler, Darrell Arthur and Timofey Mozgov...even the dreaded Javale McGee. The Nuggets have a glut at their big man spots and I doubt they'll be interested in paying big money to any of those guys, who are quickly approaching free agency, with Faried on the books.

There is also Affalo, Foye, and Hickson

We do have expirings in both, adding up to 35m + Pablo's contract

AB
STAT

to make it work, for a collection of talent, but it depends on how Denver does for the 1st half of the season, if they will be in the play off hunt or not
I also would need them to take Pablo's of our hands, they likely would need use to take on Gallo or/and McGee, as the others are team options

It might not be a bad move since these players expire before 2017, when the cap is expected to rise to 80-90m

Yeah, I definitely think Afflalo is in limbo as well because Gary Harris seems poised to be a pretty good player in this league. And history as shown that if a cheaper younger option is available, the Nuggets will favor him over a consummate vet. Nene started showing some signs of being healthy and of being a consistent player....BYE BYE MARCUS CAMBY! Ty Lawson started showing some signs of being a good consistent player...BYE BYE CHAUNCEY BILLUPS! Kenneth Faried gets drafted and Gallo/Wilson Chandler come aboard...BYE BYE KENYON MARTIN! With Aaron likely opting out for his last big contract, I know his days as a Nuggets is numbered. I wouldn't be surprised to see them deal him at the trade deadline to get something for him. But I suspect that we'll have to come proper with picks (and expiring contracts), even if a guy like JaVale McGee were included.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2014  6:23 AM
So why did they trade for affalo?
NardDogNation

10/7/2014  11:40 AM
Nalod wrote:So why did they trade for affalo?

Why not? Afflalo has so much more value on and off the court than Fournier.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2014  5:37 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

Some are painting him GONE...........Thats why I ask.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/7/2014  7:20 PM
D-League favorite Seth Curry traded to the Bayhawks for Scott Suggs.
http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2014/10/7/6940681/report-erie-bayhawks-make-trade-for-seth-curry
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation

10/7/2014  9:56 PM
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I think so because Denver seems to have a preference for youth over veterans. And with Gary Harris looking like he's the real deal, I think its very well possible that they look to sign-and-trade Afflalo, who will likely demand top dollar.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/8/2014  10:31 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I think so because Denver seems to have a preference for youth over veterans. And with Gary Harris looking like he's the real deal, I think its very well possible that they look to sign-and-trade Afflalo, who will likely demand top dollar.

I read Shaw is looking at small ball lineups with Gallo, Afflalo, and Harris.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation

10/10/2014  9:52 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I read Shaw is looking at small ball lineups with Gallo, Afflalo, and Harris.

I wouldn't doubt it but they could play small ball and still have a frontcourt with a 7fter (McGee/Mozgov/Jurkic), 6"11' (JJ Hickson), and 6"11' (Gallo) players. Their roster is just that versatile....which is why I'd love to have it around Melo....

F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/10/2014  11:42 AM
Oh so this is why he got the nifty 60

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/10/2014  11:52 AM
F500ONE wrote:Oh so this is why he got the nifty 60

I'm not impressed with him as a player at all, but that was a nice enough dunk

F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/10/2014  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2014  11:57 AM
Remember we hired that Dave Hoopla guy

The shooting coach oracle or whatever he was

Well Check out what Mark Price did here

This is almost like watching a modern day miracle

WOW!

Now let's see if it delivers the results

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy